Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper 07:28 - Jun 29 with 6257 viewsShaky

Are these things by any chance related?

Item 1:

Shooting at Maryland newsroom that killed 5 was a targeted attack, police say
By Emily Shapiro

ABC News, Jun 28, 2018, 10:24 PM ET

The shooting at a Maryland newsroom that killed five people was a targeted attack, according to local police.

Anne Arundel Police Department Bill Krampf said that the assailant, armed with a shotgun, looked for victims in the newsroom of the Capital Gazette, a daily newspaper in Annapolis, which is located in the first floor of a multi-office building.

"He looked for his victims as he walked through the lower level," Krampf said in a news conference Thursday evening.

Full story: https://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-reported-newspaper-annapolis-atf/story?id=562

Item 2 (as an example):

Item 3 (as an example):

[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 7:28]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 07:55 - Jun 29 with 5064 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 08:31 - Jun 29 with 5037 viewsomarjack

If the shooter was brown they'd have called out to the masses to lynch all Muzzies and those who look like they might be ones.

But since the shooter is "normal"..thoughts and prayers and no comments.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 08:47 - Jun 29 with 5025 viewsmoonie

Be brave Don. Do it. Cull the guns. You can do without
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:33 - Jun 29 with 4973 viewsLeonWasGod

Hmm. Worth asking the question for sure. At the very least I can imagine it convinces nutcases that their crazy actions like this are in some way legitimised. Gives them a cause.

Of course, being America it could also just be a colleague p1ssed off that someone took his normal parking spot.
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:51 - Jun 29 with 4961 viewsHumpty

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:33 - Jun 29 by LeonWasGod

Hmm. Worth asking the question for sure. At the very least I can imagine it convinces nutcases that their crazy actions like this are in some way legitimised. Gives them a cause.

Of course, being America it could also just be a colleague p1ssed off that someone took his normal parking spot.

Looks like it was more of a personal grudge as the gunman had previously lost a defamation case against the newspaper.

But it wouldn't surprise me if there are attacks against journalists soon considering the climate Trump and his gang are creating.
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 11:32 - Jun 29 with 4929 viewsShaky

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:51 - Jun 29 by Humpty

Looks like it was more of a personal grudge as the gunman had previously lost a defamation case against the newspaper.

But it wouldn't surprise me if there are attacks against journalists soon considering the climate Trump and his gang are creating.

Who knows what exactly causes somebody to embark on a mass killing spree.

Madness is without doubt the backdrop, and the constant drum beat from Trump can easily have played a role in legitimising such an act in the mind of somebody who is already unhinged.

"Fake news"
"Baaad people"
"Enemies of the people"

Only a small mental leap from that progression to

"Shoot the fcukers dead"

Trump knows what he is doing.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 11:45 - Jun 29 with 4909 viewsmoonie

Before we get too Holy, bear in mind we have a UK beset with knife crimes .

A decent knife just as deadly at close range .

Ive faced quite a few bladed weapons and it concentrates the mind instantly .

America s problem is simply the easy access .Atvleast in UK you have to make an effort to get a firearm.
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 11:46 - Jun 29 with 4906 viewspeenemunde

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 11:32 - Jun 29 by Shaky

Who knows what exactly causes somebody to embark on a mass killing spree.

Madness is without doubt the backdrop, and the constant drum beat from Trump can easily have played a role in legitimising such an act in the mind of somebody who is already unhinged.

"Fake news"
"Baaad people"
"Enemies of the people"

Only a small mental leap from that progression to

"Shoot the fcukers dead"

Trump knows what he is doing.

Mass shootings didn’t happen before Mr Trump presidency then ?.
Login to get fewer ads

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 12:27 - Jun 29 with 4881 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 12:28 - Jun 29 with 4880 viewsBatterseajack

Day before the shooting;

Milo Yiannopoulos: “I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight."

President Trump: "The FAKE NEWS media is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people. SICK!"
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 12:55 - Jun 29 with 4849 viewswestwalesed

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 08:31 - Jun 29 by omarjack

If the shooter was brown they'd have called out to the masses to lynch all Muzzies and those who look like they might be ones.

But since the shooter is "normal"..thoughts and prayers and no comments.

No, if the shooter was a Muslim with identified links to Islamist Terrorism (i.e. he had a political objective), he would have been called out about it.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 13:01 - Jun 29 with 4845 viewsBadlands

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 11:46 - Jun 29 by peenemunde

Mass shootings didn’t happen before Mr Trump presidency then ?.

Of course they did but the rate is rising and US presidents didn't mock victims or other countries for lesser savagery.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 09:53 - Jun 30 with 4758 viewsShaky

So that's alright then:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Milo Yiannopoulos: My call for shooting journalists was just a 'troll'
By Max Greenwood -

The Hill, 06/28/18 05:04 PM EDT

Conservative provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos on Thursday insisted that he "wasn't being serious" when he recently told two reporters that he “can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists.”

Yiannopoulos's comments Thursday came shortly after a gunman opened fire in the Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Md., leaving at least five people dead and several others seriously injured. Authorities have taken a suspect into custody, but have not yet released an identity or motive.
“You’re about to see a raft of news stories claiming that I am responsible for inspiring the deaths of journalists,” Yiannopoulos wrote in a Facebook post. “The truth, as always, is the opposite of what the media tells you.”

“I sent a troll about 'vigilante death squads' as a *private* response to a few hostile journalists who were asking me for comment, basically as a way of saying, 'F---k off.' They then published it,” he continued. “Amazed they were pretending to take my joke as a 'threat,' I reposted these stories on Instagram to mock them — and to make it clear that I wasn’t being serious.”

Yiannopoulos reportedly sent Davis Richardson, a reporter for the Observer, a text message this week, saying: “I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight.”

The right-wing provocateur also sent the message to Daily Beast reporter Will Sommer, according to the Observer.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 09:56 - Jun 30 with 4754 viewsomarjack

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 09:53 - Jun 30 by Shaky

So that's alright then:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Milo Yiannopoulos: My call for shooting journalists was just a 'troll'
By Max Greenwood -

The Hill, 06/28/18 05:04 PM EDT

Conservative provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos on Thursday insisted that he "wasn't being serious" when he recently told two reporters that he “can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists.”

Yiannopoulos's comments Thursday came shortly after a gunman opened fire in the Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Md., leaving at least five people dead and several others seriously injured. Authorities have taken a suspect into custody, but have not yet released an identity or motive.
“You’re about to see a raft of news stories claiming that I am responsible for inspiring the deaths of journalists,” Yiannopoulos wrote in a Facebook post. “The truth, as always, is the opposite of what the media tells you.”

“I sent a troll about 'vigilante death squads' as a *private* response to a few hostile journalists who were asking me for comment, basically as a way of saying, 'F---k off.' They then published it,” he continued. “Amazed they were pretending to take my joke as a 'threat,' I reposted these stories on Instagram to mock them — and to make it clear that I wasn’t being serious.”

Yiannopoulos reportedly sent Davis Richardson, a reporter for the Observer, a text message this week, saying: “I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight.”

The right-wing provocateur also sent the message to Daily Beast reporter Will Sommer, according to the Observer.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/394715-milo-yiannopoulos-my-call-for-shooting-

Nobody cares what Milo think or do or the fact that he even exists..He's enjoying the publicity no doubt..he lives off that stuff.. Heiling Hitler and sh!t even though he would have had him gassed for allegedly being gay.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:16 - Jun 30 with 4738 viewsShaky

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 09:56 - Jun 30 by omarjack

Nobody cares what Milo think or do or the fact that he even exists..He's enjoying the publicity no doubt..he lives off that stuff.. Heiling Hitler and sh!t even though he would have had him gassed for allegedly being gay.

I particularly like this quote:

“Amazed they were pretending to take my joke as a 'threat,' I reposted these stories on Instagram to mock them — and to make it clear that I wasn’t being serious.” "

He reposted the remark on Instagram "to make it clear" he was joking?

Boy's not right in the head.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 15:56 - Jun 30 with 4689 viewsHighjack

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 09:56 - Jun 30 by omarjack

Allegedly?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:30 - Jul 2 with 4593 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 15:34 - Jul 2 with 4545 viewsLohengrin

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:51 - Jun 29 by Humpty

What I find a bit jarring about some of the things I’ve heard and read the last few days is the naked hypocrisy of much of the hand-wringing, Hump. This board is a prime example, the venality of much of our own media, the tabloids especially, isn’t so much a shared opinion as an article of faith. Cast your mind back a spell to the revolting practice of hacking the phones of grieving parents to illustrate the point.

That creature who murdered the journalists was a total fruit loop who had been convicted and written up as a deranged stalker. The concerted attempt that unfolded in sections of the press to lay the blame at Trump’s door is entirely cynical. We both know that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 16:14 - Jul 2 with 4513 viewsHighjack

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 10:30 - Jul 2 by Shaky

So if the press attacks trump it’s rhetoric is asking for somebody to shoot him?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 16:47 - Jul 2 with 4493 viewsHumpty

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 15:34 - Jul 2 by Lohengrin

What I find a bit jarring about some of the things I’ve heard and read the last few days is the naked hypocrisy of much of the hand-wringing, Hump. This board is a prime example, the venality of much of our own media, the tabloids especially, isn’t so much a shared opinion as an article of faith. Cast your mind back a spell to the revolting practice of hacking the phones of grieving parents to illustrate the point.

That creature who murdered the journalists was a total fruit loop who had been convicted and written up as a deranged stalker. The concerted attempt that unfolded in sections of the press to lay the blame at Trump’s door is entirely cynical. We both know that.

The shooter was a disturbed nutter, yes, though there is online evidence he shared the views of the alt right and supported Trump.

It's certainly a stretch to blame Trump for this attack, but the atmosphere that Trump and his supporters are creating against the press make such attacks more likely IMO. Milo wrote this week that he can't wait to see vigilantes to start gunning the press down. Of course he was "only joking". A video has emerged of the NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch saying she would be happy to see journalists curb stomped. These type of threats are disgusting, and Trump is fueling them. Of course if/when such an attack does happen, Trump and his supporters will claim it's nothing to do with them.

BTW, Fox News are blaming it on Maxine Waters.
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 16:49 - Jul 2 with 4489 viewsHumpty

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 16:14 - Jul 2 by Highjack

So if the press attacks trump it’s rhetoric is asking for somebody to shoot him?

No. Don't be silly.

BTW, what Trump and his supporters regard as attacks is the press accurately reporting on what Trump says and does.
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 16:55 - Jul 2 with 4478 viewsLohengrin

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 16:47 - Jul 2 by Humpty

The shooter was a disturbed nutter, yes, though there is online evidence he shared the views of the alt right and supported Trump.

It's certainly a stretch to blame Trump for this attack, but the atmosphere that Trump and his supporters are creating against the press make such attacks more likely IMO. Milo wrote this week that he can't wait to see vigilantes to start gunning the press down. Of course he was "only joking". A video has emerged of the NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch saying she would be happy to see journalists curb stomped. These type of threats are disgusting, and Trump is fueling them. Of course if/when such an attack does happen, Trump and his supporters will claim it's nothing to do with them.

BTW, Fox News are blaming it on Maxine Waters.

As an amused observer I can’t be the only one to see a direct parallel between the foot-stamping tantrums and infantile posturing of Trump’s crowd and our own special type of Herberts in Momentum when their respective paladins get a shellacking in the press.

It’s almost synchronised sissy-fitting.

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 17:33 - Jul 2 with 4454 viewsHumpty

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 16:55 - Jul 2 by Lohengrin

As an amused observer I can’t be the only one to see a direct parallel between the foot-stamping tantrums and infantile posturing of Trump’s crowd and our own special type of Herberts in Momentum when their respective paladins get a shellacking in the press.

It’s almost synchronised sissy-fitting.

I agree in part.

Some Corbynistas do think any criticism of their hero is a hit job, fake news, etc. but it's hardly the same.

I've yet to see them openly and publicly call for the press to be murdered or curb stomped. They're just a bit whingy.

And they're also not the President of the USA.
Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 09:20 - Jul 3 with 4375 viewsLohengrin

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 17:33 - Jul 2 by Humpty

I agree in part.

Some Corbynistas do think any criticism of their hero is a hit job, fake news, etc. but it's hardly the same.

I've yet to see them openly and publicly call for the press to be murdered or curb stomped. They're just a bit whingy.

And they're also not the President of the USA.

I can remember reading copies of Class War back in the ‘80s, Hump, violence was pretty much the stock-in-trade, albeit of the comic variety. Again, AFA’s paper Fighting Talk was the same, only that was the fantasy musings of skinny red students who dreamed of beating up Chelsea and Millwall fans. Comedy once more. These people are either grey or bald by now and have inveigled themselves by hook or by crook onto the regional organising committees of Momentum and into the heart of Corbyn’s Labour. Dull as they ever were.

Trump himself is like a character stepped straight from Shakespeare’s Folio writ larger than life - Dick the Butcher from Henry VI, Part 2. Think back to English Lit class, recall his line from Act IV: ”The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers!”
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 9:23]

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 11:14 - Jul 3 with 4347 viewsShaky

Mass Shooting at US Newspaper on 09:20 - Jul 3 by Lohengrin

I can remember reading copies of Class War back in the ‘80s, Hump, violence was pretty much the stock-in-trade, albeit of the comic variety. Again, AFA’s paper Fighting Talk was the same, only that was the fantasy musings of skinny red students who dreamed of beating up Chelsea and Millwall fans. Comedy once more. These people are either grey or bald by now and have inveigled themselves by hook or by crook onto the regional organising committees of Momentum and into the heart of Corbyn’s Labour. Dull as they ever were.

Trump himself is like a character stepped straight from Shakespeare’s Folio writ larger than life - Dick the Butcher from Henry VI, Part 2. Think back to English Lit class, recall his line from Act IV: ”The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers!”
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 9:23]

Your mind so far gone that you really don't remember the background of the rise of the BNP and British Fascism?

Or is it merely your intellectual dishonesty manifesting itself again?

Next you'll be arguing it was all the fault of the anti-Nazi league harassing the otherwise peace loving skinheads, minding their own business.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024