Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson 22:31 - Dec 13 with 3776 viewsParsSwans

Has just come out with a right pearler that we have a stronger squad than last season.....erm!
Alfie Mawson on 22:39 - Dec 13 with 3688 viewsGeoffThom

I’m really starting to think this guy is overrated? But if he along with others in the club believe this then we’ve a club of feckin numptys
Alfie Mawson on 22:40 - Dec 13 with 3668 viewsicecoldjack

Well first of all Alfi's gone backwards at an alarming rate since the summer with England, and 2nd, he looks fat and slow . Needs to sort himself out before trying to sound professional. Spent most of the game backing off attackers because he didn't want to look foolish by trying to tackle .

Sometimes it's just better to say as little as possible, i think he has a touch of the berty big bollocks these days needs to concentrate on improving .
Alfie Mawson on 22:41 - Dec 13 with 3648 viewsstircrazyjack

Alfie Mawson on 22:39 - Dec 13 by GeoffThom

I’m really starting to think this guy is overrated? But if he along with others in the club believe this then we’ve a club of feckin numptys

Alfie was shocking tonight, ageuro went outside him 5 times tonight the last time ending in the final goal.

As good as Sergio is that is very poor from any defender
Alfie Mawson on 22:52 - Dec 13 with 3578 viewsLeonWasGod

Alfie Mawson on 22:40 - Dec 13 by icecoldjack

Well first of all Alfi's gone backwards at an alarming rate since the summer with England, and 2nd, he looks fat and slow . Needs to sort himself out before trying to sound professional. Spent most of the game backing off attackers because he didn't want to look foolish by trying to tackle .

Sometimes it's just better to say as little as possible, i think he has a touch of the berty big bollocks these days needs to concentrate on improving .

I think he's been one of our highlights. His defending has been consistently good and sometimes excellent. He does dally on the ball still, but it's a bit harsh for people to complain we concede possession easily and then criticise the one centre back who tries to play out of the back, imo. Remembering that this is only his second season at this level and he's still young I think he's doing well.

Although he did look like he was having a shocker tonight, as most were.
Alfie Mawson on 23:07 - Dec 13 with 3467 viewsmax936

They're class there's no doubt about it, Pep has made them fitter stronger and faster, but we stood off them to much at times tonight and yes I know that their pace would have caught us out, if we had got tighter, but there are times to get tight and times not to only in the second half did we do it, Bony and Mesa stood out for me, Van Hoorne has got better and better, Mawson needs to get the basic's right again, I'd might be tempted to give him a break with Freddy back, Naughts was so so, so was Olson tonight, Ki treaded water all night, Carrol looked out of his depth, we played Man City though so a bit of balance in our thoughts are needed in fairness, but we still have to be able to do the basic's and we struggled in that regard tonight.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Alfie Mawson on 23:33 - Dec 13 with 3341 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'd seriously consider bringing in Fed for Alfie rather than VDH whose looked much more solid to me.
Alfie Mawson on 00:01 - Dec 14 with 3277 viewsBobby_Fischer

Alfie Mawson on 23:33 - Dec 13 by TheKirkyLife

I'd seriously consider bringing in Fed for Alfie rather than VDH whose looked much more solid to me.

Same here

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Alfie Mawson on 00:06 - Dec 14 with 3264 viewsbuilthjack

Brainless

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson on 00:10 - Dec 14 with 3244 viewsRancid

He's done ok for such a young player.Tough season for all but he'll come good.Doubt with us though.
Alfie Mawson on 00:30 - Dec 14 with 3202 viewsheadcleaner

Not as good as he thinks he is. Sure the midfield in front of him often has him and his fellow centre half exposed but I can't see any other prem side taking him at the end of the season.
N/A. on 00:46 - Dec 14 with 3174 viewsHuw57

Alfie Mawson on 00:06 - Dec 14 by builthjack

Brainless

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:26]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Alfie Mawson on 05:38 - Dec 14 with 3027 viewsicecoldjack

Alfie Mawson on 23:33 - Dec 13 by TheKirkyLife

VDH could shepherd Sterling on the outside match him for pace and make the block/tackle while mawson couldn't even get close to anyone who rook him on, granted Man city were a totally different level but your not alone in thinking VDH has been a more solid player.

Mawson IMO is going backwards in quite a few aspects, its not what he does on the ball but what he's doing off it, slow to react to danger lets men get the jump on him by woeful positioning and generally flatters to deceive . has a touch of the big time charlies creeping into his game, looks over weight to me too.
Alfie Mawson on 12:41 - Dec 14 with 2800 viewsYossarian

There was a lesson for all to see last night- We might have been relatively equal in terms of size, but they were much, much stronger on the ball and their ferocious pressing, literally surrounding our player on the ball was traumatic to watch, let alone play against. They were much fitter, sharper and aggressive and it was literally men against boys. Mesa was blowin out of his arse around 60mins but lack of match fitness might account for that. To see Carroll literally flicked away by Silva like a horse flicks away a fly and crabbing sideways, and Ki looking like a milk float with a dodgy battery was depressing. People have slaughtered Naughton for being negative and he does kill any tempo, but he doesn’t have much movement in front of him to be fair. The first soft goal and many others might have been prevented if Fab got a bit stroppier and started bossing his 6 yard line rather than standing on the line like a frightened schoolboy. Mind you, Van der Hoorn defended that like a pansy. Mawson has gone backwards and must be working with Ashley’s dietician down here because he’s looking sluggish. When we went a goal down, so did the heads, and there appears to be very little maturity and character in this team. They are not tough enough. Man City were men, and our lot were boys, not just in the level of skill on offer. Do they have the character to get out of this? On all the evidence, the answer is a definite No from me.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Alfie Mawson on 17:28 - Dec 14 with 2623 viewsicecoldjack

Alfie Mawson on 12:41 - Dec 14 by Yossarian

There was a lesson for all to see last night- We might have been relatively equal in terms of size, but they were much, much stronger on the ball and their ferocious pressing, literally surrounding our player on the ball was traumatic to watch, let alone play against. They were much fitter, sharper and aggressive and it was literally men against boys. Mesa was blowin out of his arse around 60mins but lack of match fitness might account for that. To see Carroll literally flicked away by Silva like a horse flicks away a fly and crabbing sideways, and Ki looking like a milk float with a dodgy battery was depressing. People have slaughtered Naughton for being negative and he does kill any tempo, but he doesn’t have much movement in front of him to be fair. The first soft goal and many others might have been prevented if Fab got a bit stroppier and started bossing his 6 yard line rather than standing on the line like a frightened schoolboy. Mind you, Van der Hoorn defended that like a pansy. Mawson has gone backwards and must be working with Ashley’s dietician down here because he’s looking sluggish. When we went a goal down, so did the heads, and there appears to be very little maturity and character in this team. They are not tough enough. Man City were men, and our lot were boys, not just in the level of skill on offer. Do they have the character to get out of this? On all the evidence, the answer is a definite No from me.

Spot on post there.

Glad i'm not the only one who's noticed a bit more bulk on Mawson, ie, spare tyre .

Maybe it was hanging up in the dressing room left behind by Ash Williams ??
Alfie Mawson on 21:49 - Dec 14 with 2297 viewsploppy

Alfie Mawson on 12:41 - Dec 14 by Yossarian

Literally.

I'll come back to that.

Anyway, as far as the content of your post goes - you're mostly right, IMHO. I know he has haters on here, but I think Ki is one of the best runners with the ball that we have. Defending isn't his strong point though. The problem with Naughton is that when he runs out of ideas he stands still with the ball. He needs to keep moving and by doing so possibilities will open up. He needs to watch clips of Rangel (not the defending clips).

What I would say about Citeh is that their players know when to fall down. I don't mean diving as such, just dropping to the floor at the slightest touch. Very few of the "fouls" committed by Ayew were worthy of free kicks. If they happened in a supermarket people wouldn't be falling over. I see Mourinho's in trouble again for saying pretty much this. I'm no fan of Mourinho but I think he's dead right on this one.

Now - literally. Well, it wasn't "literally" men against boys, was it. Unless you've redefined the word "literally". See, the thing is, "men against boys" is a figure of speech. So when you use the word "literally", it means that it shouldn't be taken as a figure of speech - but should be taken literally instead. Clearly, our players are not boys by any accepted definition (even though Tom Carroll looks like he's about 12).

Mind you, you're not alone in overusing and mis-using the word "literally" these days. You needn't have used it once in your post.

https://thewritepractice.com/stop-saying-literally/

For the best mis-use of the word "literally" - Jamie Redknapp once said that in his youth Michael Owen was literally a greyhound. Nuff said.
Alfie Mawson on 22:19 - Dec 14 with 2254 viewsFieryJack

Alfie Mawson on 21:49 - Dec 14 by ploppy

Literally.

I'll come back to that.

Anyway, as far as the content of your post goes - you're mostly right, IMHO. I know he has haters on here, but I think Ki is one of the best runners with the ball that we have. Defending isn't his strong point though. The problem with Naughton is that when he runs out of ideas he stands still with the ball. He needs to keep moving and by doing so possibilities will open up. He needs to watch clips of Rangel (not the defending clips).

What I would say about Citeh is that their players know when to fall down. I don't mean diving as such, just dropping to the floor at the slightest touch. Very few of the "fouls" committed by Ayew were worthy of free kicks. If they happened in a supermarket people wouldn't be falling over. I see Mourinho's in trouble again for saying pretty much this. I'm no fan of Mourinho but I think he's dead right on this one.

Now - literally. Well, it wasn't "literally" men against boys, was it. Unless you've redefined the word "literally". See, the thing is, "men against boys" is a figure of speech. So when you use the word "literally", it means that it shouldn't be taken as a figure of speech - but should be taken literally instead. Clearly, our players are not boys by any accepted definition (even though Tom Carroll looks like he's about 12).

Mind you, you're not alone in overusing and mis-using the word "literally" these days. You needn't have used it once in your post.

For the best mis-use of the word "literally" - Jamie Redknapp once said that in his youth Michael Owen was literally a greyhound. Nuff said.

Top post

And I wish people would stop writing "defiantly" when they mean "definitely".

And, while I'm on it, "disinterested" does not fu*king mean "uninterested".

Got it, boys?

Of course, Michael Owen, is not literally a greyhound.

Everyone knows he's literally, in real actuality, a horse.
Alfie Mawson on 23:41 - Dec 14 with 2181 viewsYossarian

Alfie Mawson on 21:49 - Dec 14 by ploppy

Literally.

I'll come back to that.

Thanks for the English lesson but it’s wasted on me. I’ll continue writing in my own way- and you can just put me on ignore if it bothers you. They were literally men against boys.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Alfie Mawson on 09:15 - Dec 15 with 2098 viewsWarwickHunt

Alfie Mawson on 23:41 - Dec 14 by Yossarian

Thanks for the English lesson but it’s wasted on me. I’ll continue writing in my own way- and you can just put me on ignore if it bothers you. They were literally men against boys.

No. They. Weren't.

Literally.
Alfie Mawson on 09:25 - Dec 15 with 2091 viewsWarwickHunt

Alfie Mawson on 22:19 - Dec 14 by FieryJack

Top post

And I wish people would stop writing "defiantly" when they mean "definitely".

And, while I'm on it, "disinterested" does not fu*king mean "uninterested".

Got it, boys?

Of course, Michael Owen, is not literally a greyhound.

Everyone knows he's literally, in real actuality, a horse.

So much for enlightened Scandinavians...

Ulrika Jonsson: “In Sweden they literally split the child in half to spend time with each parent.”
[Post edited 15 Dec 2017 9:25]
Alfie Mawson on 09:32 - Dec 15 with 2079 viewswhoflungdung

Talking of spliting Ulrika ,Phil, how about you and I top n tail her

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Alfie Mawson on 12:24 - Dec 15 with 1991 viewsYossarian

Alfie Mawson on 09:15 - Dec 15 by WarwickHunt

No. They. Weren't.

Literally.

It’s definitely panto time.....literally.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024