Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warriors! 16:55 - Mar 10 with 3772 viewsBrynmill_Jack

After one of the most nervy match radio programmes I care to remember we've got a point after being down to enter men for 80 odd minutes. What a performance, so proud of the lads.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Warriors! on 16:56 - Mar 10 with 2997 viewsSmellyplumz

I listened on the wireless... Did my nut in.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Warriors! on 17:21 - Mar 10 with 2835 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Warriors! on 16:56 - Mar 10 by Smellyplumz

I listened on the wireless... Did my nut in.

I liked the way Rob "unbiased" Phillips had already made his mind up on Ayew's red card (I could almost feel the suppressed joy in his voice) and when Ki got hacked down he played it right down. So chuffed for the boys.

Warriors! on 17:24 - Mar 10 with 2803 viewsJack_Meoff

Caught the last ten minutes on Radio Wales as been to my daughter's birthday party. Glad I missed it to be honest, don't think my nerves could have coped with any more!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Warriors! on 17:28 - Mar 10 with 2773 viewsjack247

Warriors! on 17:24 - Mar 10 by Jack_Meoff

Caught the last ten minutes on Radio Wales as been to my daughter's birthday party. Glad I missed it to be honest, don't think my nerves could have coped with any more!

That was probably easier to watch than it would have been to listen to.

They had all the territory and possession, but we held them off reasonably comfortably. It would still be 0-0 if they were playing now.
Warriors! on 18:18 - Mar 10 with 2663 viewsGlyn1

Warriors! on 17:28 - Mar 10 by jack247

That was probably easier to watch than it would have been to listen to.

They had all the territory and possession, but we held them off reasonably comfortably. It would still be 0-0 if they were playing now.

Are you kidding? I'm posting from a pub in Huddersfield and according to the friendly locals they hit the post at least 3 times. All us Swans fans were begging for the final whistle.

Anyway, one of the best 0-0 games I've seen and an outstanding performance from our players. Ki was especially gritty which I should mention as I've criticised him in the past.

I'm staying overnight, anyone going to the Slubbers?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 18:19]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Warriors! on 18:24 - Mar 10 with 2626 viewsSwanseaman

Warriors! on 18:18 - Mar 10 by Glyn1

Are you kidding? I'm posting from a pub in Huddersfield and according to the friendly locals they hit the post at least 3 times. All us Swans fans were begging for the final whistle.

Anyway, one of the best 0-0 games I've seen and an outstanding performance from our players. Ki was especially gritty which I should mention as I've criticised him in the past.

That's what I thought too. They hit the bar/post a few times and it looked as though they were going to score for sure.

The bus was parked well by us today, felt like a win at the end
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 18:25]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Warriors! on 18:25 - Mar 10 with 2615 viewsjack247

They hit it twice I think? One was a Tony Yeboah like volley that Fab somehow got a fingertip to. That would have been one of those worldy goals fit to win any game, that was the only time they really threatened though and it was a blinding volley out of nowhere.

We wanted the whistle to go because we had no intention of going for the win and it was obvious 0-0 was the best result we were going to get. They didn’t look like scoring though.
Warriors! on 18:56 - Mar 10 with 2530 viewsGaryjack

Warriors! on 18:25 - Mar 10 by jack247

They hit it twice I think? One was a Tony Yeboah like volley that Fab somehow got a fingertip to. That would have been one of those worldy goals fit to win any game, that was the only time they really threatened though and it was a blinding volley out of nowhere.

We wanted the whistle to go because we had no intention of going for the win and it was obvious 0-0 was the best result we were going to get. They didn’t look like scoring though.

So you'd have been happy to see the game carry on then Tim?
Login to get fewer ads

Warriors! on 19:01 - Mar 10 with 2487 viewsjack247

Warriors! on 18:56 - Mar 10 by Garyjack

So you'd have been happy to see the game carry on then Tim?

Nope. As I said above, we were never going to score ourselves and 0-0 was the best we were going to get. At no point did I think a goal was coming for Huddersfield though.
Warriors! on 19:01 - Mar 10 with 2486 viewsOldjack

Backs to the wall sing up

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Warriors! on 19:06 - Mar 10 with 2464 viewsGaryjack

Warriors! on 19:01 - Mar 10 by jack247

Nope. As I said above, we were never going to score ourselves and 0-0 was the best we were going to get. At no point did I think a goal was coming for Huddersfield though.

Ok, wrongly worded. What i meant was, you weren't desperate for the final whistle to blow like everyone else?
Warriors! on 19:11 - Mar 10 with 2422 viewsjack247

Warriors! on 19:06 - Mar 10 by Garyjack

Ok, wrongly worded. What i meant was, you weren't desperate for the final whistle to blow like everyone else?

Yeah I was, because we were never going to score. It wasn’t as if we were clinging on by our fingernails though. I’ve been a lot more nervous than that at lots of Swans games.
Warriors! on 19:20 - Mar 10 with 2393 viewsGaryjack

Warriors! on 19:11 - Mar 10 by jack247

Yeah I was, because we were never going to score. It wasn’t as if we were clinging on by our fingernails though. I’ve been a lot more nervous than that at lots of Swans games.

Shut up Tim ffs! They hit the post in injury time with Fab beaten! We were on our last legs mun!
Warriors! on 19:27 - Mar 10 with 2359 viewsyescomeon

They never really looked like scoring, we had as many good chances as them. It was one of them games where it would have took a worldie from them to score as they weren't getting through us. To be fair they almost got it but fair play Fab.

Upthecity!

Warriors! on 19:32 - Mar 10 with 2326 viewsSwanseaman

Warriors! on 19:11 - Mar 10 by jack247

I had almost accepted they would score soon and we were heading for a loss. Was nerve wracking at the end, even at 20 seconds I kept thinking they may score. Great result...

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Warriors! on 19:36 - Mar 10 with 2299 viewsjack247

Warriors! on 19:20 - Mar 10 by Garyjack

Shut up Tim ffs! They hit the post in injury time with Fab beaten! We were on our last legs mun!

They did in fairness, they also had that volley out of nowhere and a decent cross shot that went just wide of the far post. That was all they really created though. Plenty of crosses and shots from distance, but nothing incisive.

They obviously looked more likely to score than us, but they still didn’t look likely to score. Hanging on to 1-0 against Liverpool a few weeks ago was far more stressful. As was the 1-1 at Leicester.
Warriors! on 19:42 - Mar 10 with 2257 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"Ki was especially gritty"
I don't know what game you were watching, but it was not the same one I was.
Warriors! on 19:59 - Mar 10 with 2212 viewsGaryjack

Warriors! on 19:36 - Mar 10 by jack247

They did in fairness, they also had that volley out of nowhere and a decent cross shot that went just wide of the far post. That was all they really created though. Plenty of crosses and shots from distance, but nothing incisive.

They obviously looked more likely to score than us, but they still didn’t look likely to score. Hanging on to 1-0 against Liverpool a few weeks ago was far more stressful. As was the 1-1 at Leicester.

All seemed quite comfortable for you today Tim. Meanwhile, back in the real world we were backs to the wall 30-0 attempts, 81-19% possession, and they were starting to open us up as the players we had on the pitch had given everything they had! But an easy point gained today eh!
Warriors! on 20:12 - Mar 10 with 2160 viewsjack247

Warriors! on 19:59 - Mar 10 by Garyjack

All seemed quite comfortable for you today Tim. Meanwhile, back in the real world we were backs to the wall 30-0 attempts, 81-19% possession, and they were starting to open us up as the players we had on the pitch had given everything they had! But an easy point gained today eh!

Ok we will have to agree to disagree Gar. I was probably being slightly facetious when I said they still wouldn’t have scored at 17.28. I did think we frustrated them very well though and the only moment I was worried was that late header from Ince. The volley happened so fast it was already in the crowd before I had chance.
Warriors! on 20:14 - Mar 10 with 2155 viewsFireboy2

Who gives a fvck how many chances thay had

Ateotd the score ended 0 0

Chip paper in the morning
Warriors! on 20:25 - Mar 10 with 2121 viewsGaryjack

Warriors! on 20:12 - Mar 10 by jack247

Ok we will have to agree to disagree Gar. I was probably being slightly facetious when I said they still wouldn’t have scored at 17.28. I did think we frustrated them very well though and the only moment I was worried was that late header from Ince. The volley happened so fast it was already in the crowd before I had chance.

It was a fantastic performance Tim. But they would have scored pretty soon had it carried on.
Warriors! on 20:34 - Mar 10 with 2065 viewsSwanseaman

Warriors! on 20:25 - Mar 10 by Garyjack

It was a fantastic performance Tim. But they would have scored pretty soon had it carried on.

I agree with that Garyjack, a goal was due and we were getting tired. Seeing the total disbelief of their players at the end, they were all thinking 'how didn't we score'.

Interesting to read the different views of it..

Warriors! on 00:00 - Mar 11 with 1868 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Warriors! on 20:34 - Mar 10 by Swanseaman

I agree with that Garyjack, a goal was due and we were getting tired. Seeing the total disbelief of their players at the end, they were all thinking 'how didn't we score'.

Interesting to read the different views of it..

Well the rules state the game should have 90 minutes normal time and some stoppage time at the end of each half.

Warriors! on 00:11 - Mar 11 with 1847 viewsmax936

Warriors! on 19:42 - Mar 10 by A_Fans_Dad

"Ki was especially gritty"
I don't know what game you were watching, but it was not the same one I was.

Ki had a shocker, typically of Ki when we're up against it, great when we're gunning it but woefully inept when the shit hits the fan..

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Warriors! on 00:23 - Mar 11 with 1820 viewsSwansNZ

I'm surprised we had 19% possession, it felt much less than that.
Before the game, I'd have been happy with a point, so in the circumstances, very happy indeed. Not an enjoyable game to watch, but great defending by the team, well done.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024