Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon 12:20 - May 11 with 3921 viewsSmellyplumz

Retiring at the end of this season. Next cheap manager lump on

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Leon on 12:24 - May 11 with 3013 viewsKGriz16

From what I've heard, Leon doesn't want to manage.
Leon on 12:24 - May 11 with 3009 viewsSwanjaxs

Thanks for the memories Leon, our club is falling apart before our very eyes, embarrassing 😐

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Leon on 12:26 - May 11 with 2976 viewsJack_y_Jwc

already said he wants a break from the footballing side and it to become an ambassador instead - don't lump on

Leon on 12:29 - May 11 with 2959 viewsWingstandwood

I hope he doesn't ruin his esteemed reputation by turning into a Jenkins silver bullet patsy and PR-mouth piece to quell supporter anger!

If Leon does?... He will then be unwittingly and ruthlessly exploited just like the Trust were.....and when deemed no longer useful he'll be discarded like a dog sh#t when it's thrown into a doggie-bin.

I seriously expect the likes of Tate and Trundle to be used in a similar exploitable fashion also? I think someone like Curtis maybe too street wise and with way too much respect for the supporters?

Argus!

Leon on 12:29 - May 11 with 2959 viewsmajorraglan

Good to have him at the Club as an ambassador, I am sure he will do a great job in that role.

Interesting that he doesn’t want to start coaching at this time and just wants to take time out. Let’s hope he changes his mind over time.
Leon on 12:32 - May 11 with 2926 viewsmajorraglan

Leon on 12:29 - May 11 by Wingstandwood

I hope he doesn't ruin his esteemed reputation by turning into a Jenkins silver bullet patsy and PR-mouth piece to quell supporter anger!

If Leon does?... He will then be unwittingly and ruthlessly exploited just like the Trust were.....and when deemed no longer useful he'll be discarded like a dog sh#t when it's thrown into a doggie-bin.

I seriously expect the likes of Tate and Trundle to be used in a similar exploitable fashion also? I think someone like Curtis maybe too street wise and with way too much respect for the supporters?

I thought Curtis spoke very well yesterday and was very honest in his appraisal of the state the club is currently in and what has gone wrong. Never met AC, but he seems a thoroughly top man who is honest and principled.
Leon on 12:33 - May 11 with 2910 viewsYossarian

This is worrying...the BBC report says he’s going to look at his options and the club should have announced a new role within the club if he was staying....so I don’t think he is. I would have expected the club to have found a role for Angel as well, so the fact these two appear to be off to pastures new may indicate that there is a story brewing .

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Leon on 12:33 - May 11 with 2903 viewsjasper_T

Leon on 12:29 - May 11 by Wingstandwood

Tate seems to be too busy with the academy to bother with that nonsense.
Login to get fewer ads

Leon on 12:37 - May 11 with 2838 viewsmajorraglan

Club statement says he’s staying and was offered a coaching role but he chose the ambassador role instead. It goes on to say he wants to stay with the club life.
Leon (n/t) on 12:59 - May 11 with 2669 viewsAguycalledJack

Leon on 12:37 - May 11 by majorraglan

Club statement says he’s staying and was offered a coaching role but he chose the ambassador role instead. It goes on to say he wants to stay with the club life.

[Post edited 11 May 2018 12:59]
Leon on 13:04 - May 11 with 2615 viewsJacTawe

Leon on 12:24 - May 11 by Swanjaxs

Thanks for the memories Leon, our club is falling apart before our very eyes, embarrassing 😐

Isn't that a bit dramatic? Angel and Leon are at retirement age. It's very sad as they've been with us for so long, and they are Jacks through and through, but not even those legends can play forever.
It had to happen one day.

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Leon on 13:07 - May 11 with 2591 viewsDrGonzo

Leon on 13:04 - May 11 by JacTawe

Isn't that a bit dramatic? Angel and Leon are at retirement age. It's very sad as they've been with us for so long, and they are Jacks through and through, but not even those legends can play forever.

Innit. People didn't really want to see either of them playing a serious game of football for us again did they?
Leon on 13:14 - May 11 with 2536 viewsLoyal

From what I've seen and heard he can't.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leon on 13:16 - May 11 with 2510 viewsLoyal

Leon on 12:37 - May 11 by majorraglan

Beats working I suppose. Fck me ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Leon on 13:18 - May 11 with 2495 viewscontroversial_jack

The cull continues, I hope Jenkins is next, but doubt it
Leon on 13:24 - May 11 with 2444 viewssainthelens

Ide like to see the likes of Curt and Leon speak out more against Jenkins. Curt did mildly touch on it this week. But they must know the fans will back what they say, so have a pop publicly at him lads, never mind the protocol . Say it as it is.
Leon on 13:25 - May 11 with 2441 viewsWingstandwood

Leon on 13:16 - May 11 by Loyal

Beats working I suppose. Fck me ...

John Van Zweden proclaimed himself (lunacy I know!) in an overseas article to be a club ambassador, now Trundle is also, I think I'm right there and now Leon.

One thing is sure when it comes to an ambassadorial manpower recruitment and labelling SCFC is top banana.

Argus!

Leon on 13:31 - May 11 with 2390 viewsSwanjaxs

Leon on 13:04 - May 11 by JacTawe

Dramatic, not really, both excellent servants to Swansea City Football Club, and both going out with their heads held high, whilst our club is a complete embarrassment, they deserved to bow out in a better environment, clear enough 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Leon on 13:33 - May 11 with 2371 viewsLoyal

Leon on 13:25 - May 11 by Wingstandwood

John Van Zweden proclaimed himself (lunacy I know!) in an overseas article to be a club ambassador, now Trundle is also, I think I'm right there and now Leon.

One thing is sure when it comes to an ambassadorial manpower recruitment and labelling SCFC is top banana.

This is where the job cuts should be.

Leon on 13:33 - May 11 with 2374 viewsSwanjaxs

Leon on 13:07 - May 11 by DrGonzo

Innit. People didn't really want to see either of them playing a serious game of football for us again did they?

There were plenty on the field against Southampton who I don't want to see playing a serious game of football in Swansea City's colours again 👍

Leon on 14:03 - May 11 with 2251 viewsJacTawe

Leon on 13:31 - May 11 by Swanjaxs

Dramatic, not really, both excellent servants to Swansea City Football Club, and both going out with their heads held high, whilst our club is a complete embarrassment, they deserved to bow out in a better environment, clear enough 👍

Leon isn't going anywhere, he's staying on as a club ambassador.

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Leon on 15:15 - May 11 with 2139 viewsSgorioFruit

If fit Leon should have played our last 5 games this season.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Leon on 15:24 - May 11 with 2117 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Leon on 15:15 - May 11 by SgorioFruit

If fit Leon should have played our last 5 games this season.

He wasn't.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Leon on 15:48 - May 11 with 2062 viewsJohnw102

Sunday 1 mins applause at 7 mins? "Leon Leon"

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Leon on 15:52 - May 11 with 2040 viewslondonlisa2001

I'm a huge fan of Leon. Always have been.

But genuinely, how on earth can we afford to pay him to be an ambassador at this point in time? Why do we need two full time ambassadors as a championship team? Maybe he's minted enough that we are paying him a pittance, but if that's not the case, surely it's better to keep on some of the poor sods who don't have the luxury of deciding what to do for the future rather than a player who's been on millions if cost savings need to be made?

Perhaps that's harsh. I don't know. But it doesn't feel right to me.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 16:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024