Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This labour rebellion 11:01 - Jun 14 with 2663 viewsmoonie

Morning readers.
I note the list of rebels include Dennis Skinner ,who voted with the government ,a Tory government .

Seems to have slipped through on here
This labour rebellion on 11:22 - Jun 14 with 1510 viewsHighjack

He’s always voted against Europe. Nothing new there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This labour rebellion on 11:39 - Jun 14 with 1498 viewsmoonie

Skinner though voting with Tories .

I mean to say
This labour rebellion on 12:03 - Jun 14 with 1465 viewsexhmrc1

shows he is a man of his conscience votes for what he believes in. deserves credit for that. pity a few of the tories did have the conscience.
This labour rebellion on 12:28 - Jun 14 with 1429 viewsmoonie

A good response exhm. Welcome return to form from you
This labour rebellion on 13:03 - Jun 14 with 1396 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Brexit has come and turned the political world on its head .

Nobody knows what to do , Cameron gave it to the masses saw the result and facked off sharpish

Not that dull a man

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

This labour rebellion on 13:18 - Jun 14 with 1378 viewsmoonie

DC without doubt the greatest Kunt who ever lived in number 10.

Great stuff Tommy.

Love ya ,ya red bugger
This labour rebellion on 13:29 - Jun 14 with 1360 viewsexhmrc1

I have more respect for Skinner or Ken Clarke than almost all the rest. They stand up for what the believe in. Many slag of Tory B Liar but whatever we think of the war the guy did what he thought was right even though I totally oppose it.
This labour rebellion on 14:20 - Jun 14 with 1327 viewsmoonie

Good stuff,hm. Agree totally
Login to get fewer ads

This labour rebellion on 14:26 - Jun 14 with 1317 viewsBadlands

This labour rebellion on 13:03 - Jun 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Brexit has come and turned the political world on its head .

Nobody knows what to do , Cameron gave it to the masses saw the result and facked off sharpish

Not that dull a man

It wasn't really the masses but there you go.

The Labour rebellion has two fronts - those who wish to leave via the cliff edge voted with the Tories (as Corbyn has had his party do on two previous occasions) and those who don't want any kind of Brexit voting against - with the spineless abstaining.

What is galling is the rebellion in the Tory ranks is far greater and significantly more far-reaching but gets less press! I wonder why?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

This labour rebellion on 14:54 - Jun 14 with 1291 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The masses as in is millions of us .

Corbyns been battered by the billionaire media moguls (I wonder why ) I’ve never seen anything like it.

Nobody knows what’s best to do and how to do it .

Political suicide to go against democracy

But everyone still blames him for everything

He got us relegated last season don’t you know 😀

This labour rebellion on 14:58 - Jun 14 with 1278 viewsDarran

This labour rebellion on 14:54 - Jun 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

The masses as in is millions of us .

Corbyns been battered by the billionaire media moguls (I wonder why ) I’ve never seen anything like it.

Nobody knows what’s best to do and how to do it .

Political suicide to go against democracy

But everyone still blames him for everything

He got us relegated last season don’t you know 😀

He’s getting battered by his own MPs Tom.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This labour rebellion on 15:08 - Jun 14 with 1282 viewsLohengrin

This labour rebellion on 14:26 - Jun 14 by Badlands

The Labour rebellion has two fronts - those who wish to leave via the cliff edge voted with the Tories (as Corbyn has had his party do on two previous occasions) and those who don't want any kind of Brexit voting against - with the spineless abstaining.

What is galling is the rebellion in the Tory ranks is far greater and significantly more far-reaching but gets less press! I wonder why?

”What is galling is the rebellion in the Tory ranks is far greater and significantly more far-reaching but gets less press! I wonder why?”

How could you possibly have arrived at that observation? Tory splits over Europe have dominated the headlines since practically the morning after the referendum. You’ve probably become so used to the division by now that it has just become background music?

The reason the Labour rebellion is grabbing attention now is it’s probably the first time people are clearly able to see that they are just as conflicted, every bit as riven over Europe. That they quite clearly present no coherent position at all.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

This labour rebellion on 15:21 - Jun 14 with 1271 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This labour rebellion on 14:58 - Jun 14 by Darran

He’s getting battered by his own MPs Tom.

“He actually thanked those who resigned for their hard work and fully understood the difficulties they face in this Brexit vote”

But don’t let that spoil the Corbyn bashers fun

This labour rebellion on 15:27 - Jun 14 with 1259 viewsLohengrin

This labour rebellion on 15:21 - Jun 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

“He actually thanked those who resigned for their hard work and fully understood the difficulties they face in this Brexit vote”

Not even you Thomas is going to be able to pull off the latest developments in La-La-Labourland as somehow a positive.

This labour rebellion on 15:28 - Jun 14 with 1256 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This labour rebellion on 15:27 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

Not even you Thomas is going to be able to pull off the latest developments in La-La-Labourland as somehow a positive.

General election by August loh 😉

This labour rebellion on 15:37 - Jun 14 with 1246 viewsLohengrin

This labour rebellion on 15:28 - Jun 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

General election by August loh 😉

I’m a traditionalist, Tom. Christmas is the proper time for panto.

This labour rebellion on 19:08 - Jun 14 with 1178 viewsWarwickHunt

This labour rebellion on 15:21 - Jun 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

He’s hardly going to say “Fûck off you bunch of croissant-munching, Blairite cûnts” is he?
This labour rebellion on 19:13 - Jun 14 with 1168 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This labour rebellion on 19:08 - Jun 14 by WarwickHunt

He’s hardly going to say “Fûck off you bunch of croissant-munching, Blairite cûnts” is he?

well no because some of them were not

This labour rebellion on 19:14 - Jun 14 with 1163 viewsbluey_the_blue

This labour rebellion on 14:26 - Jun 14 by Badlands

How exactly is the Tory ranks "rebellion" greater when Labour whips were spinning on twitter that the 75 Labour MPs voting against their wishes was good because they expected 120 to do so?

I sense May is trying to tiptoe, leads sections to believe what they want to believe. Dangerous, but if it can be pulled off...
This labour rebellion on 19:43 - Jun 14 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

This labour rebellion on 19:14 - Jun 14 by bluey_the_blue

How exactly is the Tory ranks "rebellion" greater when Labour whips were spinning on twitter that the 75 Labour MPs voting against their wishes was good because they expected 120 to do so?

I sense May is trying to tiptoe, leads sections to believe what they want to believe. Dangerous, but if it can be pulled off...

May has to tiptoe. Her party has no coherent policy, plan or ideology on Brexit. It’s riven by warring factions at the most important point in this country’s post war history. The only reason she’s still there is because anyone who takes over will have the same problems. Last year’s election was a catastrophe for both party and country.

Labour is no better. Its supine Brexit surrender is a dereliction of duty.

Poll: Tory leader

This labour rebellion on 19:43 - Jun 14 with 1143 viewsLeonWasGod

This labour rebellion on 15:08 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

”What is galling is the rebellion in the Tory ranks is far greater and significantly more far-reaching but gets less press! I wonder why?”

How could you possibly have arrived at that observation? Tory splits over Europe have dominated the headlines since practically the morning after the referendum. You’ve probably become so used to the division by now that it has just become background music?

The reason the Labour rebellion is grabbing attention now is it’s probably the first time people are clearly able to see that they are just as conflicted, every bit as riven over Europe. That they quite clearly present no coherent position at all.

Yep. Tory splits over the Common Market and then the EU have been the political soundtrack of my lifetime. Not that I’m as ancient as half of the silver surfers on here .
This labour rebellion on 20:02 - Jun 14 with 1118 viewsLeonWasGod

This labour rebellion on 19:14 - Jun 14 by bluey_the_blue

Leading sections to believe what they want to believe is the reason we’re in this mess in the first place. Comes back to the posts earlier about politicians not having clear visions or principles these days.

It’s not cleverness, it’s simply self-serving weakness. It leads to a lack of commitment to manifesto pledges (assuming any are even made), bland policies (at best), uncertainty, and idiots like Rees-Mogg being held up by the media as principled people despite scuttling around behind the scenes acting opposite to his (self-serving) public facade.

They lack strength in their convictions, because of the paranoia of losing power. It’s a game to them. Public servants my arse. Weak, weak, weak.

(Applies to most parties).
This labour rebellion on 20:31 - Jun 14 with 1084 viewsmoonie

What a quite brilliant post Leon. Or at least it's the way I see things.

I cannot recall a time when politicians were more self centred ,self serving ,arrogant gobshites so utterly up them selves .

Truly nobody stand sup for " ordinary Joe" .the Tories, to their credit make this pretty obvious but Labour is where the sewer rats are ,as regards honestly and public service .

If you ain't a trades unionist or a paid up member of jez club ,you don't count .

We desperately need a party that can free us all of the class bonds we re born into.

This carries on, we never will progress ,ever

Be free
This labour rebellion on 20:35 - Jun 14 with 1078 viewsbluey_the_blue

This labour rebellion on 19:43 - Jun 14 by exiledclaseboy

May has to tiptoe. Her party has no coherent policy, plan or ideology on Brexit. It’s riven by warring factions at the most important point in this country’s post war history. The only reason she’s still there is because anyone who takes over will have the same problems. Last year’s election was a catastrophe for both party and country.

Labour is no better. Its supine Brexit surrender is a dereliction of duty.

She has no choice but to tiptoe, sure, but on one level it's impressive it's not imploded. I sense she's content to play the role she's doing, letting factions underestimate her.

I don't get why people are complaining about Labour. Corbyn's been consistently anti-EU; unions dislike cheap labour coming over. It's as if those cheering on Corbyn because of the promise of free unicorns didn't bother researching him.
This labour rebellion on 20:39 - Jun 14 with 1071 viewsmoonie

Corbyn has a history of hate towards EU seeing it as a capitalist means of exploiting workers .

He should have come out as a remainder and implored every labour voter to vote leave.

He didn't ...to his everlasting shame . Hypocrite
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024