Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Given our 30M in player sales 21:38 - Aug 5 with 5409 viewsSS2013

Is anyone suprised that the Ryan woods transfer is reliant on the Clucas deal ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:41 - Aug 5 with 4777 viewsHugeEnkins

Not really. Ginger players are a bit like highlander....
Given our 30M in player sales on 21:41 - Aug 5 with 4773 viewsLoyal

Ask the shareholders.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:44 - Aug 5 with 4739 views34dfgdf54

I am a bit if I’m being honest.

I thought we would have enough for a midfielder and a striker on loan without losing anyone else. Don’t get me wrong it would still be good to move Ayew and Clucas on regardless though.
Given our 30M in player sales on 21:45 - Aug 5 with 4721 viewslonglostjack

We screwed up by not getting Joe Allen. We left it too late to replace Gylfi by playing hardball only to pay way over the odds for Clucas in a panic buy. I am surprised that we don’t seem to have learned our lesson and are making the same mistake yet again.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:45 - Aug 5 with 4716 viewsLoyal

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:44 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

I am a bit if I’m being honest.

I thought we would have enough for a midfielder and a striker on loan without losing anyone else. Don’t get me wrong it would still be good to move Ayew and Clucas on regardless though.

Potter keeps mentioning the loan market, guaranteed one will come in.
Save a months money is the real truth.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:48 - Aug 5 with 4684 viewsSwans_16

I don’t think it is reliant on the Clucas sale ...

I believe that’s just what’s been made up by the press. Intriguing post on Twitter regarding this.

We need midfield cover, so even if Clucas stays (as cover) then Woods is a must.
Given our 30M in player sales on 21:49 - Aug 5 with 4671 viewsWingstandwood

No, because of what was peddled by Dineen in the Swansea Sound interview.

The line was there were to be no off -the-field cost cutting through redundancies whereupon the staffing cuts would come from the squad along with team strengthening being dependant on player sales and outgoings from the squad also.

Said before I reckon there is going to be disappointment from Jenkins, Dineen, Yanks and Co.

Clucas, Bony, Fede and Ayew are still here having had their wages paid through the Summer after the season ended and with no mega-million windfall coming from brother Ayew's (just a loan deal) transfer. IMO there is a lot of financial uncertainty ahead?

Argus!

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:50 - Aug 5 with 4650 views34dfgdf54

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:49 - Aug 5 by Wingstandwood

No, because of what was peddled by Dineen in the Swansea Sound interview.

The line was there were to be no off -the-field cost cutting through redundancies whereupon the staffing cuts would come from the squad along with team strengthening being dependant on player sales and outgoings from the squad also.

Said before I reckon there is going to be disappointment from Jenkins, Dineen, Yanks and Co.

Clucas, Bony, Fede and Ayew are still here having had their wages paid through the Summer after the season ended and with no mega-million windfall coming from brother Ayew's (just a loan deal) transfer. IMO there is a lot of financial uncertainty ahead?

Yeah could be right.
Login to get fewer ads

Given our 30M in player sales on 21:52 - Aug 5 with 4644 viewshobo

It's probably reliant not due to funds but due to not needing so many mids should the Clucas deal fall through
Given our 30M in player sales on 21:53 - Aug 5 with 4634 viewsawayjack

Any Trust steer on this? Monthly management accounts / cash flows etc.. should be clear on what we can afford.
Given our 30M in player sales on 22:01 - Aug 5 with 4545 viewsmahoss

I think you,ll find its close to £40 million actually.
Hmm,we,ll see what happens in next few days......
Given our 30M in player sales on 22:17 - Aug 5 with 4420 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes.

Beware of the Risen People

Given our 30M in player sales on 22:55 - Aug 5 with 4229 viewsExiledJack

The Woods transfer is the opposite to last year's Clucas deal...a player the team desperately needs for a fair price versus a player the team didn't really need for a ridiculous price.

If the owners are serious about competing for promotion they need to make this signing happen and sort out sales afterwards. It's not like we're short of players facing the exit door. Financial responsibility lies in avoiding bad deals, not avoiding good ones.
Given our 30M in player sales on 22:58 - Aug 5 with 4213 viewsjasper_T

Transfer profit doesn't always mean there's money in the account when you need it. Cashflow has always been a problem for us and the issue obviously only gets worse with relegation.

West Ham love to pay over 3 or 4 years but we're going to need tens of millions lying around this season to pay the wages.

It's not like we've done especially well shipping players out. Mawson went for a smaller fee than advertised, Jordan, Clucas and Naughton are still haunting the corridors etc. Not ideal.
Given our 30M in player sales on 23:04 - Aug 5 with 4177 viewspencoedjack

Given our 30M in player sales on 22:58 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

Transfer profit doesn't always mean there's money in the account when you need it. Cashflow has always been a problem for us and the issue obviously only gets worse with relegation.

West Ham love to pay over 3 or 4 years but we're going to need tens of millions lying around this season to pay the wages.

It's not like we've done especially well shipping players out. Mawson went for a smaller fee than advertised, Jordan, Clucas and Naughton are still haunting the corridors etc. Not ideal.

What’s the score with Naughton?

Please tell me he thinks he’s to good for the championship

Glad to see Potter has seen how shite he is
Given our 30M in player sales on 08:27 - Aug 6 with 3759 viewsomarjack

Given our 30M in player sales on 23:04 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

He can't even cut it on a championship side's bench let alone the PL.

We were willing to make him 3rd choice RB by signing that Yeovil kid ffs.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Given our 30M in player sales on 08:29 - Aug 6 with 3756 viewsCooperman

Not surprised in the slightest. We are operating a vastly different plan to previous years.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Given our 30M in player sales on 08:36 - Aug 6 with 3723 viewsomarjack

It's clear enough we won't be spending all the money we make from sales.

Plus, if you think Clucas will stay here to sit on the bench you're all wrong. We have Fulton, Grimes and Maric for that. So obviously the board aren't going to have the 2 gingers in the club. plus paying both of their wages (probably on the top end of championship salaries) will be difficult. Especially since we won't be able to offload Bony, and Ayew is still here.

Given our 30M in player sales on 10:11 - Aug 6 with 3491 viewsLeonWasGod

Given our 30M in player sales on 23:04 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

Don't know, but assuming he is looking to leave we need at least 1 more fullback. Ideally two unless they are serious about turning Grimes into one (which is going to take a bit - positionally he got caught out very easily even though he wasn't on the pitch for long.

I'm quite happy with a clean sweep. You can see the freedom the new boys played with as they don't have the baggage of the miserable last 2-3 years. Just for the sake of freshness and morale I'm quite happy for Naughton, Ayew and Clucas to all clear off.

Fed's the funny one. Potter obviously wants him to play, but there seemed little joy from Fed at the final whistle. And he and Potter seemed a little distant from each other (compared to how Potter was with the others). I get he feeling Fed's being professional but would rather be elsewhere. BUT I could be reading far too much into that and could have it completely wrong.
Given our 30M in player sales on 10:22 - Aug 6 with 3427 viewsSwanjaxs

Perhaps Saturday's promising 2ns half performance will give the moneymen a slight nudge to release the purse strings a little? Not holding my breath though

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Given our 30M in player sales on 10:24 - Aug 6 with 3416 viewsomarjack

Given our 30M in player sales on 10:11 - Aug 6 by LeonWasGod

Don't know, but assuming he is looking to leave we need at least 1 more fullback. Ideally two unless they are serious about turning Grimes into one (which is going to take a bit - positionally he got caught out very easily even though he wasn't on the pitch for long.

I'm quite happy with a clean sweep. You can see the freedom the new boys played with as they don't have the baggage of the miserable last 2-3 years. Just for the sake of freshness and morale I'm quite happy for Naughton, Ayew and Clucas to all clear off.

Fed's the funny one. Potter obviously wants him to play, but there seemed little joy from Fed at the final whistle. And he and Potter seemed a little distant from each other (compared to how Potter was with the others). I get he feeling Fed's being professional but would rather be elsewhere. BUT I could be reading far too much into that and could have it completely wrong.

Fede is a pro who spent his career in a top club in the Serie A and a decent PL side. All of a sudden he finds himself in the championship.

I'm sure he was happy at the win. But without a doubt there was that feeling of bitterness.

Meanwhile the rest of players are either too young and never had substantial PL experiences if at all..or they've been used to that level of football like Olsson and Carroll.

Given our 30M in player sales on 10:27 - Aug 6 with 3398 viewsawayjack

Given our 30M in player sales on 22:58 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

Agree it's hard to work out cashflow from transfers but haven't we 'sold' future payments due for transfers as loans? Invoice discounting I think it's called.
Given our 30M in player sales on 10:37 - Aug 6 with 3347 viewsjasper_T

Given our 30M in player sales on 10:27 - Aug 6 by awayjack

Agree it's hard to work out cashflow from transfers but haven't we 'sold' future payments due for transfers as loans? Invoice discounting I think it's called.

We did it with Gylfi & Ayew & some others, yeah. How much Santander charged for that privilege, though I don't know. Probably a little cheaper than a standard business loan but not by much.
Given our 30M in player sales on 14:42 - Aug 6 with 3041 viewsTummer_from_Texas

2nd bid for Woods per Sky. Maybe the owners will prove the OP wrong?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Given our 30M in player sales on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 2718 viewsBadlands

Given how much we lost on players last year (not including eyewateringly stupid wages) it seem like common sense management.
Clucas £16 million - as yet no return
Bony £13 million - not hope of a return
Ayew £20 million - £1.5 return
Mesa Minus £3 million
Sanches £8 million - no return
Abraham £8 million - no return

That's closing in on £80 million out of pocket for players who either didn't perform or were injured.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024