Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Evans 13:22 - Jun 6 with 6573 viewsjasper_T

Back in action this weekend. Been training with Trinidad and Tobago. Looks fit and strong.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/jacks-back-wales-after-cancer-battle
Jack Evans on 13:50 - Jun 6 with 4834 viewshuwrichards57

Excellent stuff.
Jack Evans on 14:21 - Jun 6 with 4791 views34dfgdf54

I’m sure I read somewhere he could potentially be the best out of all of the most recent graduates. What’s he like then? Defensive midfielder?
Jack Evans on 14:45 - Jun 6 with 4725 viewsjasper_T

Jack Evans on 14:21 - Jun 6 by 34dfgdf54

I’m sure I read somewhere he could potentially be the best out of all of the most recent graduates. What’s he like then? Defensive midfielder?

He was in my opinion the form player in our u23s in the back end of the 17-18 season, having had to wait a long time to get a proper run of games over expensive Scottish tosh like King and Blair. Think the Wales camp has always thought more of him than the Swans. As big a miss for the u21s as for our u23s (Ash Baker did alright, Regan Poole was a poor alternative).

Defensive midfielder, yes. Reads the game very well, got a defender's brain for filling in spaces and making tackles. Neat and tidy on the ball but has a touch of flair and class about him when needed. Good for a booking a game, loves a cynical challenge to stop play. Not the quickest and not a goalscorer.

Doesn't make many mistakes, and when he did they tended to be significant as he was the anchor holding some very erratic team performances together. Genuinely think he could have established himself already but for his illness. A more natural fit for our midfield structure than Byers appeared to be.
Jack Evans on 17:03 - Jun 6 with 4580 viewskrunchykarrot

Jack Evans on 14:45 - Jun 6 by jasper_T

He was in my opinion the form player in our u23s in the back end of the 17-18 season, having had to wait a long time to get a proper run of games over expensive Scottish tosh like King and Blair. Think the Wales camp has always thought more of him than the Swans. As big a miss for the u21s as for our u23s (Ash Baker did alright, Regan Poole was a poor alternative).

Defensive midfielder, yes. Reads the game very well, got a defender's brain for filling in spaces and making tackles. Neat and tidy on the ball but has a touch of flair and class about him when needed. Good for a booking a game, loves a cynical challenge to stop play. Not the quickest and not a goalscorer.

Doesn't make many mistakes, and when he did they tended to be significant as he was the anchor holding some very erratic team performances together. Genuinely think he could have established himself already but for his illness. A more natural fit for our midfield structure than Byers appeared to be.

Sounds like my kind of player Jasper, hope we play him early doors in the friendlies and give him a good run as he will have a head start in the fitness stakes. Chuffed for the lad.
Jack Evans on 17:36 - Jun 6 with 4545 viewsjasper_T

Jack Evans on 17:03 - Jun 6 by krunchykarrot

Sounds like my kind of player Jasper, hope we play him early doors in the friendlies and give him a good run as he will have a head start in the fitness stakes. Chuffed for the lad.

I was fuming when Potter didn't take Jack on the preseason tour last year. Hated him ever since.
Jack Evans on 18:44 - Jun 6 with 4464 views34dfgdf54

Jack Evans on 17:36 - Jun 6 by jasper_T

I was fuming when Potter didn't take Jack on the preseason tour last year. Hated him ever since.

Yeah you made that obvious fair play.
Jack Evans on 18:48 - Jun 6 with 4458 viewscontroversial_jack

Great news.He was very ill at one stage
Jack Evans on 19:26 - Jun 6 with 4400 viewsjasper_T

Jack Evans on 18:44 - Jun 6 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah you made that obvious fair play.

I think if people look back (now that the hero worship has worn off) they won't find much fault with the criticisms that led people to cry about an "obvious agenda". I was right on opening day about Asoro, I was right about picking a consistent team, Nordfeldt etc.

Even at the time when pressed many agreed with what I was saying, but simply hated seeing anything negative about our flawless miracle worker who was being forced to toil with inferior, "League Two at best", "not listed on the first team page of the website" tools. More comforting to believe I was a loon with a grudge getting on his back, rather than think about football for a minute.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Evans on 20:15 - Jun 6 with 4319 views34dfgdf54

Jack Evans on 19:26 - Jun 6 by jasper_T

I think if people look back (now that the hero worship has worn off) they won't find much fault with the criticisms that led people to cry about an "obvious agenda". I was right on opening day about Asoro, I was right about picking a consistent team, Nordfeldt etc.

Even at the time when pressed many agreed with what I was saying, but simply hated seeing anything negative about our flawless miracle worker who was being forced to toil with inferior, "League Two at best", "not listed on the first team page of the website" tools. More comforting to believe I was a loon with a grudge getting on his back, rather than think about football for a minute.

The Brighton Chairman/Board had a think about football like yourself and decided to take him into the most expensive league in world football on the back of one season at Championship level with us.

He’s gone now, there’s no longer any need to keep getting your hair off over him.
Jack Evans on 21:29 - Jun 6 with 4267 viewsPentyrchJack

We'll done Jack and fair play to Dennis Lawrence too.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Jack Evans on 22:00 - Jun 6 with 4210 viewsjasper_T

Jack Evans on 20:15 - Jun 6 by 34dfgdf54

The Brighton Chairman/Board had a think about football like yourself and decided to take him into the most expensive league in world football on the back of one season at Championship level with us.

He’s gone now, there’s no longer any need to keep getting your hair off over him.

What happened last season will be relevant to the club, our players and future managers for years to come, even if it's going to be painful for you to keep hearing about your hero now he's left you.
Jack Evans on 05:02 - Jun 7 with 4067 views34dfgdf54

Jack Evans on 22:00 - Jun 6 by jasper_T

What happened last season will be relevant to the club, our players and future managers for years to come, even if it's going to be painful for you to keep hearing about your hero now he's left you.

What happened last season then?

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but read through the thread and it’s you still going on about him over and over again.

“Hated him ever since” calm yourself down, crunch some numbers, like Mulders average pass yardage or something.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 5:11]
Jack Evans on 06:32 - Jun 7 with 4025 viewsdickythorpe

Anyway, back on topic... Well done Jack, best wishes to you and keep healthy. YJB
Jack Evans on 07:18 - Jun 7 with 3990 viewsNotLoyal

Thing is he had a lot to take in and understand in a short time.
Hate is a strong word.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jack Evans on 09:10 - Jun 7 with 3946 viewsBlue_Blood

Superb news. I'm made up for the lad. Hopefully he'll kick on this season.
Jack Evans on 09:26 - Jun 7 with 3925 viewsjasper_T

Jack Evans on 07:18 - Jun 7 by NotLoyal

Thing is he had a lot to take in and understand in a short time.
Hate is a strong word.

It was a joke you idiots.
Jack Evans on 09:44 - Jun 7 with 3908 views34dfgdf54

Jack Evans on 09:26 - Jun 7 by jasper_T

Ok Jase.
Jack Evans on 10:07 - Jun 7 with 3878 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack Evans on 09:26 - Jun 7 by jasper_T

Beep beep beep...
Jack Evans on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 3865 viewstheloneranger

Jack Evans on 10:07 - Jun 7 by WarwickHunt

Beep beep beep...

“Warning, Warning, this person is reversing” 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jack Evans on 10:28 - Jun 7 with 3834 viewsjasper_T

Jack not going on the tour made more sense when you saw why Potter brought Ryan Blair along. Didn't want him to play in midfield, it was part of the left-back cover experiment.

But when Aaron Lewis wasn't being considered for a position he'd played for two seasons, and we started that second hour-long match with a midfield pair of Maric and Routledge (had to reshuffle after half an hour with Blair moving infield and still inevitably struggling), it wasn't a strong start. A lot of groans on here about how poor our squad was at that point. Asoro the only positive note.
Jack Evans on 11:52 - Jun 7 with 3787 viewsnantywatcher

You've always come across as a bit wacky, with your obsession with stats, but wow:

"I was fuming when Potter didn't take Jack on the preseason tour last year. HATED HIM EVER SINCE".

That goes from wacky to scarily weird within four words.
Jack Evans on 12:58 - Jun 7 with 3701 viewsjasper_T

Jack Evans on 11:52 - Jun 7 by nantywatcher

You've always come across as a bit wacky, with your obsession with stats, but wow:

"I was fuming when Potter didn't take Jack on the preseason tour last year. HATED HIM EVER SINCE".

I never hated him, despite what a group of posters on here believed. My grudge/agenda was entirely in their heads.
Jack Evans on 13:24 - Jun 7 with 3651 viewsNeath_Jack

Jack Evans on 11:52 - Jun 7 by nantywatcher

Really? I find him the one of the most knowledgeable football posters on here.

I rarely agree with Jasper on things*, but he's my kind of poster, doesn't swim with the rest of the shoal, he thinks for himself.

*I do agree with him over the ex manager fan boys though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jack Evans on 16:57 - Jun 7 with 3546 views34dfgdf54

Jack Evans on 13:24 - Jun 7 by Neath_Jack

Really? I find him the one of the most knowledgeable football posters on here.

I rarely agree with Jasper on things*, but he's my kind of poster, doesn't swim with the rest of the shoal, he thinks for himself.

*I do agree with him over the ex manager fan boys though.

** you agree with him about Potter “fanboys” but he was the one who decided to bring up his hate for Potter in a thread about Jack Evans

Righteyo.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 16:57]
Jack Evans on 17:13 - Jun 7 with 3529 viewsNeath_Jack

Jack Evans on 16:57 - Jun 7 by 34dfgdf54

** you agree with him about Potter “fanboys” but he was the one who decided to bring up his hate for Potter in a thread about Jack Evans

Righteyo.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 16:57]

Huh? Yes i agree with him about fanboys.

What does him bringing Potter into this thread have to do with anything?

Because he doesn't hang on Potters every word, doesn't mean he can't mention him.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024