Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cullen's on Fire 07:15 - Jan 28 with 5797 viewsSWANSEYE

Get him in the first team squad as fast as possible as Cullen's on fire . . Following on from his recent hat-trick he got another 4 yesterday against Everton and certainly knows where the goal is having scored 10 goals in 4 games and 17 for the Season. . .I'm sure some Premier League Scout will come sniffing very shortly.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 16:52]
Cullen's on Fire on 08:57 - Jan 28 with 3666 viewsSwansea93

Contract priority he's free to go in June.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cullen's on Fire on 09:23 - Jan 28 with 3618 views34dfgdf54

Cullen's on Fire on 08:57 - Jan 28 by Swansea93

Contract priority he's free to go in June.

Unless he wants assurances and we can't give him that. It's crazy he hasn't been offered one yet if not.
Cullen's on Fire on 10:55 - Jan 28 with 3477 viewsSwansea93

Cullen's on Fire on 09:23 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

Unless he wants assurances and we can't give him that. It's crazy he hasn't been offered one yet if not.

Yeah good point, although Cooper was praising him and saying he's going to be in our plans, maybe it's just a case of moving Borja on first.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cullen's on Fire on 11:05 - Jan 28 with 3444 viewsNotLoyal

Cullen's on Fire on 10:55 - Jan 28 by Swansea93

Yeah good point, although Cooper was praising him and saying he's going to be in our plans, maybe it's just a case of moving Borja on first.

If the club are concentrating on youth and a free scoring academy product is going to be ignored then Cooper has lost any credibility he has left.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cullen's on Fire on 11:55 - Jan 28 with 3364 viewsKGriz16

Deserves a chance more than Kalulu does. Look at our academy paying off. A nod to the previous regime
Cullen's on Fire on 11:58 - Jan 28 with 3358 viewsSwanjaxs

Cullen's on Fire on 10:55 - Jan 28 by Swansea93

Can't see what moving Borja on has to do with anything, he's simply using up a spot on the bench that could go to a young enthusiastic talent like Cullen who is desperate to make his way in the game.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 11:59]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cullen's on Fire on 12:07 - Jan 28 with 3326 viewsjasper_T

He's on big big money for an academy player already, has been since his very first deal. Recent goal tally not doing the club's bargaining position any favours.

Boy can finish but he's the archetypal "needs service" striker imo. Most EFL clubs would struggle to find a place for him to get games he needs.
Cullen's on Fire on 12:09 - Jan 28 with 3320 viewsjack247

Cooper has been making noises about him being close to ready and looking to get him regular games here or elsewhere. I read that as hoping to him down to a new contract and finding him a loan club for the rest of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Cullen's on Fire on 12:10 - Jan 28 with 3318 viewsSwanDownUnder

He has
Cullen's on Fire on 14:05 - Jan 28 with 3117 viewsBadlands

Cullen's on Fire on 11:58 - Jan 28 by Swanjaxs

Can't see what moving Borja on has to do with anything, he's simply using up a spot on the bench that could go to a young enthusiastic talent like Cullen who is desperate to make his way in the game.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 11:59]

Borja should be first choice striker with two wingers and a 10 in support.

Cullen should be his apprentice ... but can't see the happening now we must play Brewster.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cullen's on Fire on 14:08 - Jan 28 with 3110 viewsChief

Cullen deserves a chance but let's not get too excited. I'd like to see him on loan playing senior football first.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 14:09]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cullen's on Fire on 14:20 - Jan 28 with 3064 viewsjasper_T

Cullen's on Fire on 14:08 - Jan 28 by Chief

Cullen deserves a chance but let's not get too excited. I'd like to see him on loan playing senior football first.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 14:09]

If he wore a Chelsea or Liverpool shirt people on here would be talking about him as an obvious upgrade ready to kickstart our season.
Cullen's on Fire on 14:23 - Jan 28 with 3061 viewsvetchonian

Cullen's on Fire on 14:20 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

If he wore a Chelsea or Liverpool shirt people on here would be talking about him as an obvious upgrade ready to kickstart our season.

well said Jasper....Brewster had no real "senior" experience before coming here apart from warming the bench in Champions league Final and some time agianst Everton

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cullen's on Fire on 15:32 - Jan 28 with 2952 viewsjack247

Cullen's on Fire on 14:05 - Jan 28 by Badlands

Borja should be first choice striker with two wingers and a 10 in support.

Cullen should be his apprentice ... but can't see the happening now we must play Brewster.

We’d be ripped apart in midfield
Cullen's on Fire on 15:35 - Jan 28 with 2945 viewsSwanjaxs

Cullen's on Fire on 14:23 - Jan 28 by vetchonian

well said Jasper....Brewster had no real "senior" experience before coming here apart from warming the bench in Champions league Final and some time agianst Everton

Not many players get to "warm the bench" in a Champions league final at his age though I suppose.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 15:36]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Cullen's on Fire on 15:45 - Jan 28 with 2911 viewsjasper_T

Cullen's on Fire on 15:35 - Jan 28 by Swanjaxs

Not many players get to "warm the bench" in a Champions league final at his age though I suppose.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 15:36]

It was the first year teams were allowed to name 12 subs. Any other year he wouldn't have been there.
Cullen's on Fire on 15:47 - Jan 28 with 2904 viewsSwanjaxs

Cullen's on Fire on 15:45 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

It was the first year teams were allowed to name 12 subs. Any other year he wouldn't have been there.

How do you know?

Klopp told you did he 👍

Cullen's on Fire on 16:04 - Jan 28 with 2874 viewsTimTtam

He'll be offered a new contract soon. Cooper has mentioned it several times. I hope he signs it. A double brace to follow his recent hat-trick is an ominous sign. Far too good for U23s football.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cullen's on Fire on 16:18 - Jan 28 with 2852 viewsJacket

I'm kind of glad he's not playing at the minute. Playing striker at Swansea is a poisoned challis and has been for years, apart from when Dan James creating chance after chance for Oli last season. Strikers have come here with a good record, looked like idiots while they were here, moved on and grabbed bags of goals, scored in major finals and all. As long as they're living off crumbs, no striker is going to be prolific here.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 16:19]
Cullen's on Fire on 17:10 - Jan 28 with 2747 viewsthornabyswan

Thats a very good point.

How does he compare to Brewster then ability wise.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cullen's on Fire on 17:20 - Jan 28 with 2726 viewsjasper_T

Cullen's on Fire on 15:47 - Jan 28 by Swanjaxs

How do you know?

Klopp told you did he 👍

They had Origi on the bench as a striker and he was actually subbed on so it's a fair assumption. Shaqiri and Sturridge other attacking players, plus Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana.

If you want to argue Brewster's a better player and was of higher status than them then be my guest.
Cullen's on Fire on 17:34 - Jan 28 with 2705 viewsjasper_T

Cullen's on Fire on 17:10 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

Thats a very good point.

How does he compare to Brewster then ability wise.

It's hard to say because Brewster has spent so much time injured since that u17s world cup victory. Missed all of 2018, another problem late last year, he hasn't had a consistent run longer than a couple of months in a long time.

I've never been convinced with Cullen, took him a relatively long time to adapt and impose himself on u23s football given how dominant he was in the u18s. Wales u21s haven't trusted him to lead the line, he tends to be shoved out on a wing even when wingers like Nathan Broadhead or Mark Harris play up top.

He's the same age now that DJ and Joe were when they made their senior breakthroughs, but they'd been standouts at development level a much longer time and had loan opportunities. Good scoring record last season (second top scorer behind Brighton's Connolly) but performances didn't really demand attention imo. He's small, not very quick, tidy enough technically and knows where the back of the net is.
Cullen's on Fire on 17:56 - Jan 28 with 2666 viewsthornabyswan

Cullen's on Fire on 17:34 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

It's hard to say because Brewster has spent so much time injured since that u17s world cup victory. Missed all of 2018, another problem late last year, he hasn't had a consistent run longer than a couple of months in a long time.

I've never been convinced with Cullen, took him a relatively long time to adapt and impose himself on u23s football given how dominant he was in the u18s. Wales u21s haven't trusted him to lead the line, he tends to be shoved out on a wing even when wingers like Nathan Broadhead or Mark Harris play up top.

He's the same age now that DJ and Joe were when they made their senior breakthroughs, but they'd been standouts at development level a much longer time and had loan opportunities. Good scoring record last season (second top scorer behind Brighton's Connolly) but performances didn't really demand attention imo. He's small, not very quick, tidy enough technically and knows where the back of the net is.

Thanks for that really hope he gets given a chance with us at some point.

Surely he is worth a punt on the bench but to go this close to his contract expiring seems crazy to me for a club in our financial position after all the effort we have put into him.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cullen's on Fire on 18:10 - Jan 28 with 2629 viewsjackrmee

That's only natural. A youngster on the fringes of some of the best and biggest clubs in the world is probably an upgrade on any youngsters in this league. Just common sense.
Obviously there is class everywhere, so it won't be true all the time, but if you haven't seen the players play, you'd automatically assume the one at the massive club has a good chance of being an upgrade.

Anyway, in terms of Cullen. I really really hope the kid comes good. We desperately need to show why we need this Cat 1 academy.Would be lovely to have a homegrown lad smashing in the goals. Who was the last local striker we had, James Thomas?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cullen's on Fire on 18:16 - Jan 28 with 2609 viewsthornabyswan

Cullen's on Fire on 18:10 - Jan 28 by jackrmee

That's only natural. A youngster on the fringes of some of the best and biggest clubs in the world is probably an upgrade on any youngsters in this league. Just common sense.
Obviously there is class everywhere, so it won't be true all the time, but if you haven't seen the players play, you'd automatically assume the one at the massive club has a good chance of being an upgrade.

Anyway, in terms of Cullen. I really really hope the kid comes good. We desperately need to show why we need this Cat 1 academy.Would be lovely to have a homegrown lad smashing in the goals. Who was the last local striker we had, James Thomas?

Hibernian amongst other clubs showing an interest according to football insider.
Not the most reliable source.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024