Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? 19:25 - Feb 22 with 5708 viewsSTID2017

According to his post match comments, Huddersfield didn't threaten to score.
Sorry, but the way I saw it, that Huddersfield goal looked inevitable in the period they were pressing.
We were backing off in the second half and allowing them to press forward
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:27]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:40 - Feb 22 with 3749 viewsNotLoyal

We were lucky today, had we played like we did for the ten minutes we won the game Huddersfield would have been 5 down by the time they scored, of course very VERY happy the swans won but I'm unsure why with our talent its always so difficult.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:42]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:46 - Feb 22 with 3721 viewsswanforthemoney

Yes we morphed into a Shapeless rabble for the period before their goal.

I stand in the North Stand

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:53 - Feb 22 with 3684 viewsZaxx

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:46 - Feb 22 by swanforthemoney

Yes we morphed into a Shapeless rabble for the period before their goal.

Too many players blowing through their backsides at the same time.
Poor game management by Cooper but both he and the players redeemed themselves tbf.
That wouldn't work against a better side though unfortunately.

Great 3 points though and some very decent performances.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:00 - Feb 22 with 3639 viewsFlashberryjack

To be fair to the players, they did well for a team managed by a clown.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:03 - Feb 22 with 3620 viewsFlashberryjack

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:53 - Feb 22 by Zaxx

Too many players blowing through their backsides at the same time.
Poor game management by Cooper but both he and the players redeemed themselves tbf.
That wouldn't work against a better side though unfortunately.

Great 3 points though and some very decent performances.

There are fitness problems IMO.

Hello

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:20 - Feb 22 with 3533 viewsploppy

This is not a new phenomenon though, is it. How many times have we sat back in the second half and invited teams on? I can't imagine we do it deliberately, so it's either because the opposition have changed formation/personnel or we've run out of steam. This has happened for years, well before Cooper arrived. Hudds' goal was coming today, everyone could see it. They had another good chance as well when Woodman tipped a header over the bar - from very close range. Call it game management if you like, but we have periods, often in the second half of games, where we can't seem to string passes together and we end up inviting a lot of pressure.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:28 - Feb 22 with 3491 viewsJinxy

Well, it may have been not so easy for him to have seen it, given he was sat on his arse for virtually the 90.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:28 - Feb 22 with 3490 viewsswan65split

I didnt see all the game (grandparents duties) so cant really say, but the bit I saw was Uddersfield had control, thought we lacked someone in M/F as we were playing the long ball,,,,just like the Swansea way

Thought we were lucky to get the 2nd so quick, wouldn't like to guess the outcome if we didn't, and a cracking 3 rd .

Gallagher knockers.....give the kid a break, hess young, but hes doing well, and hes going to be a good un.
Login to get fewer ads

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:29 - Feb 22 with 3487 viewsBadlands

Cooper was sat on his RRRs with his hands in his pockets for virtually the whole game and the he wonders on the pitch at the end and fist pumps like we've won he cup ... and some dopes in the east agreed.
First two subs were brought on because of injuries and Roberts entrance was only to waste time.
Huddersfield were awful but still managed to score and looked more like to win the game for quite a while in the second half.
A move in the right direction but a long way to go.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:33 - Feb 22 with 3472 viewscontroversial_jack

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:20 - Feb 22 by ploppy

This is not a new phenomenon though, is it. How many times have we sat back in the second half and invited teams on? I can't imagine we do it deliberately, so it's either because the opposition have changed formation/personnel or we've run out of steam. This has happened for years, well before Cooper arrived. Hudds' goal was coming today, everyone could see it. They had another good chance as well when Woodman tipped a header over the bar - from very close range. Call it game management if you like, but we have periods, often in the second half of games, where we can't seem to string passes together and we end up inviting a lot of pressure.

Footballers are human they get tired
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:36 - Feb 22 with 3449 viewsjasper_T

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:33 - Feb 22 by controversial_jack

Footballers are human they get tired

Especially when they run their bolocks off in training all week.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:37 - Feb 22 with 3446 viewsCooperman

I’d pay money to hear that half time team talk. We breezed through the first 45 mins without really breaking sweat and come the second half opening it was like watching a different team. WTF did the coaching team say to make us play the way we did?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:52 - Feb 22 with 3382 viewsZaxx

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:37 - Feb 22 by Cooperman

I’d pay money to hear that half time team talk. We breezed through the first 45 mins without really breaking sweat and come the second half opening it was like watching a different team. WTF did the coaching team say to make us play the way we did?

Interesting post.
We should have been 3-0 by half time and were very much in control.
The boys did look sapped after the break.

Rodon was immense in the first 45 apart from one misplaced pass which wasn't punished. I can't say that I am totally taken with Bidwell as he's slow to close down crossing opportunities but he does cover the danger area in the centre when others go astray, although he didn't need to do that much today with Joe and Ben in the middle.
Confidence is a massive factor in a team.
There's a team there. Just need the manager to see it sometimes and give the boys a break when they need it.
We seem to have a decent bench now, gotta use it to win games though.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:55 - Feb 22 with 3356 viewsFlashberryjack

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:52 - Feb 22 by Zaxx

Interesting post.
We should have been 3-0 by half time and were very much in control.
The boys did look sapped after the break.

Rodon was immense in the first 45 apart from one misplaced pass which wasn't punished. I can't say that I am totally taken with Bidwell as he's slow to close down crossing opportunities but he does cover the danger area in the centre when others go astray, although he didn't need to do that much today with Joe and Ben in the middle.
Confidence is a massive factor in a team.
There's a team there. Just need the manager to see it sometimes and give the boys a break when they need it.
We seem to have a decent bench now, gotta use it to win games though.

Just need a manager.

Hello

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:58 - Feb 22 with 3336 viewscontroversial_jack

Footballers, like any athletes get tired. It's not possible to keep going forward for the entire game.There are two sides playing the game, and when one side tires the other sides gains the ascendancy. Players when they get tired will back off and hope to put their foot on the ball and slow things down to get a breather.The problem then is, the opposition don't want to play to our plan and have their own one.It's what makes a game so entertaining
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:06 - Feb 22 with 3284 viewsSwanjaxs

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:58 - Feb 22 by controversial_jack

Footballers, like any athletes get tired. It's not possible to keep going forward for the entire game.There are two sides playing the game, and when one side tires the other sides gains the ascendancy. Players when they get tired will back off and hope to put their foot on the ball and slow things down to get a breather.The problem then is, the opposition don't want to play to our plan and have their own one.It's what makes a game so entertaining

This in a nutshell...

Problem is you need a manager and his backroom staff to recognise the inevitable "ebb and flow of a game" and react accordingly...

This is where Cooper (and his backroom staff) falls down more often than not 👍
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 21:07]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:07 - Feb 22 with 3278 viewsTNT

Ok, if everyone is going to be a boring repetitive, Naughton is stealing Forty Thousand Pounds from you every week.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:15 - Feb 22 with 3240 viewsThornburyswan

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:20 - Feb 22 by ploppy

Yup, Cooper & his committee are incredibly slow to react to any opposition changes, whether that is in personnel or formation (or both) - he clearly sees it as he often comments about it post match but either struggles to react or is wedded to his ‘we focus on us & what we do’ mantra.

I’m clinging to the hope he’s just a bit slow & will learn/adapt - I do accept this is his first proper job so trying to cut him a little slack but he needs to fully evidence he can change tactics/formation when/where needed during games.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:21 - Feb 22 with 3206 viewsBadlands

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:15 - Feb 22 by Thornburyswan

Yup, Cooper & his committee are incredibly slow to react to any opposition changes, whether that is in personnel or formation (or both) - he clearly sees it as he often comments about it post match but either struggles to react or is wedded to his ‘we focus on us & what we do’ mantra.

I’m clinging to the hope he’s just a bit slow & will learn/adapt - I do accept this is his first proper job so trying to cut him a little slack but he needs to fully evidence he can change tactics/formation when/where needed during games.

Yep.
But really good manager take the initiative and rely have to react ... they make other manages react.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:54 - Feb 22 with 3129 viewsCooperman

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:06 - Feb 22 by Swanjaxs

This in a nutshell...

Problem is you need a manager and his backroom staff to recognise the inevitable "ebb and flow of a game" and react accordingly...

This is where Cooper (and his backroom staff) falls down more often than not 👍
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 21:07]

Hang on, this was like flicking a light switch. It wasn’t an ebb towards Huddersfield ascendancy.

The team certainly didn’t look like it had been roasted for not putting the game to bed and / or told to play with any aggressiveness or tempo. It was all very ‘meh’.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:57 - Feb 22 with 3105 viewsFlashberryjack

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:15 - Feb 22 by Thornburyswan

"I’m clinging to the hope he’s just a bit slow & will learn/adapt"

The signs aren't good...but 3 points today will give him a bit of extra time to learn and adapt, but I have my grave doubts.

Hello

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:59 - Feb 22 with 3092 viewsWAFU

Get him out
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 22:08 - Feb 22 with 3055 viewsOldjack

Take it easy, lads ,sit back and we'll cruise this one...……... ffs, when we played Hull and went into the lead the camera's were on Cooper whilst he was frantically waving his arms for all to get back ,hence panic set in just like today and a goal was conceded

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 22:10 - Feb 22 with 3041 viewsThornburyswan

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:57 - Feb 22 by Flashberryjack

"I’m clinging to the hope he’s just a bit slow & will learn/adapt"

The signs aren't good...but 3 points today will give him a bit of extra time to learn and adapt, but I have my grave doubts.

Very true & our next 3 matches are tough, will give him the chance to show he is learning but we’ll see - if we are still in the top 10 by mid-March I will be impressed.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 09:57 - Feb 23 with 2697 viewsthornabyswan

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:55 - Feb 22 by Flashberryjack

Just need a manager.

We will need more than a manager in the summer 14 players either returning to loan clubs or out of contract.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024