Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? 19:25 - Feb 22 with 5776 viewsSTID2017

According to his post match comments, Huddersfield didn't threaten to score.
Sorry, but the way I saw it, that Huddersfield goal looked inevitable in the period they were pressing.
We were backing off in the second half and allowing them to press forward
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:27]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 10:00 - Feb 23 with 1409 viewsNotLoyal

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:46 - Feb 22 by swanforthemoney

Yes we morphed into a Shapeless rabble for the period before their goal.

At least twenty minutes of complete disorientation, slow and clueless passages of play, uncoordinated shit second half, no leaders.
Then we scored and we are play off material again.
If this team was in the premier league we would be slaughtered every week.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 11:15 - Feb 23 with 1335 viewskarnataka

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 10:00 - Feb 23 by NotLoyal

At least twenty minutes of complete disorientation, slow and clueless passages of play, uncoordinated shit second half, no leaders.

Spot on, and because Huddersfield were so poor, they only managed to score one, fortunately. A decent side might have got a couple during that spell.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 11:35 - Feb 23 with 1319 viewsmonmouth

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 09:57 - Feb 23 by thornabyswan

We will need more than a manager in the summer 14 players either returning to loan clubs or out of contract.

Yep, we'll need some players and a proper coach (he's not a 'manager' in any shape or form).

All they needed to be told at Hull and yesterday was to keep playing and keep positive and compact. Not to retreat 15 yards and shit themselves.

There's a couple of blokes stealing a living alright, but it's not the players.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 13:32 - Feb 23 with 1262 viewsploppy

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 11:35 - Feb 23 by monmouth

Yep, we'll need some players and a proper coach (he's not a 'manager' in any shape or form).

All they needed to be told at Hull and yesterday was to keep playing and keep positive and compact. Not to retreat 15 yards and shit themselves.

There's a couple of blokes stealing a living alright, but it's not the players.

TBH, I don't think the sitting back was deliberate, or a tactic from the manager. And I doubt whether Cooper telling them not to sit back would have had any effect. You hear it all the time, even amongst the top teams, that they start to retreat, almost subconsciously, when protecting a lead. Clearly we needed to be better at playing out when under pressure - instead it kept coming back at us. Saying it and doing it are two different things though.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 14:21 - Feb 23 with 1217 viewsBadlands

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 10:00 - Feb 23 by NotLoyal

That's when a captain earns the arm band.
Unfortunately Grimes doesn't communicate.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 14:30 - Feb 23 with 1209 viewsjack247

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 11:15 - Feb 23 by karnataka

Spot on, and because Huddersfield were so poor, they only managed to score one, fortunately. A decent side might have got a couple during that spell.

Yes. Despite relief at finally getting a win and being the better team for an hour or so, we have to remember Huddersfield aren’t up to much. We’ve got three tricky fixtures in a row now, see how we get on there before we get too carried away.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 15:14 - Feb 23 with 1183 viewsCatullus

This players get tired lark, yes obviously they do but it applies to both teams and it's the managers job to decide when a player is blown and replace him, Cooper is too slow using subs, generally speaking.

If the players are coming into a matchday tired then training needs changing.

On the OP, managers frequently seem to have watched different games to the fans. Warnock was a classic example.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:22 - Feb 23 with 1054 viewsSTID2017

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 15:14 - Feb 23 by Catullus

This players get tired lark, yes obviously they do but it applies to both teams and it's the managers job to decide when a player is blown and replace him, Cooper is too slow using subs, generally speaking.

If the players are coming into a matchday tired then training needs changing.

On the OP, managers frequently seem to have watched different games to the fans. Warnock was a classic example.

True, though I find it worrying if he genuinely didn't feel they were going to score.
I don't claim to be any sort of football genius yet it seemed obvious to me and many others a goal for them was coming.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:34 - Feb 23 with 1034 viewsswancity

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:22 - Feb 23 by STID2017

True, though I find it worrying if he genuinely didn't feel they were going to score.
I don't claim to be any sort of football genius yet it seemed obvious to me and many others a goal for them was coming.

I didn’t see the game yesterday but looking at the stats Huddersfield managed just seven goal attempts in 90+ minutes. That’s a poor return. It suggests that they were finding it difficult to break through despite enjoying more possession albeit mostly in deeper areas.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:39 - Feb 23 with 1022 viewsswan65split

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:34 - Feb 23 by swancity

I didn’t see the game yesterday but looking at the stats Huddersfield managed just seven goal attempts in 90+ minutes. That’s a poor return. It suggests that they were finding it difficult to break through despite enjoying more possession albeit mostly in deeper areas.

Nothing wrong with 7 , the other week we had 0 , and that was at home.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:43 - Feb 23 with 1015 viewsswancity

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:39 - Feb 23 by swan65split

Nothing wrong with 7 , the other week we had 0 , and that was at home.

No goal attempts ? Which game was that?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 1003 viewsSwanjaxs

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:43 - Feb 23 by swancity

No goal attempts ? Which game was that?

Stop being pedantic.

Four shots, none on target...

Absolutely pathetic return for a home game don't you agree?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:56 - Feb 23 with 984 viewsswancity

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:48 - Feb 23 by Swanjaxs

Stop being pedantic.

Four shots, none on target...

Absolutely pathetic return for a home game don't you agree?

Which game was this ?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:57 - Feb 23 with 982 viewsSwanjaxs

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:56 - Feb 23 by swancity

Which game was this ?

Really

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:01 - Feb 23 with 968 viewsswancity

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:57 - Feb 23 by Swanjaxs

Really

Yes really I’m unsure which game is being referred to? As bad as the QPR game was even then 8 goal attempts were recorded which for a home team is abysmal especially as they weren’t clear chances.

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:08 - Feb 23 with 960 viewsSwanjaxs

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:01 - Feb 23 by swancity

Yes really I’m unsure which game is being referred to? As bad as the QPR game was even then 8 goal attempts were recorded which for a home team is abysmal especially as they weren’t clear chances.

Bingo!

So you did have an inkling after all...

And absolutely abysmal return for a home team as you say 👍

(four attempts all off target btw)

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:12 - Feb 23 with 949 viewsswancity

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:08 - Feb 23 by Swanjaxs

Bingo!

So you did have an inkling after all...

And absolutely abysmal return for a home team as you say 👍

(four attempts all off target btw)

Just checked ... it was 8 goal attempts v QPR. A poor return certainly but 8 more than someone said.

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:16 - Feb 23 with 942 viewsSwanjaxs

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:12 - Feb 23 by swancity

Just checked ... it was 8 goal attempts v QPR. A poor return certainly but 8 more than someone said.

Oh ffs mun.

Ok 8! (4 shots blocked) 🙄

0 (zero) shots on target 🎯
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 20:17]

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:20 - Feb 23 with 899 viewsswan65split

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:56 - Feb 23 by swancity

Which game was this ?

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:26 - Feb 23 with 888 viewsswan65split

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:12 - Feb 23 by swancity

"Swansea started the evening just four points short of the top six, but could not manage one single on-target attempt in 90 minutes of huff and puff."

https://livescore.football365.com/england-championship-swansea-city-vs-queens-pa
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:31 - Feb 23 with 881 viewsDr_Winston

You'd have to be a bit thick to be sitting in that stadium during the second half yesterday and not be anticipating a Huddersfield goal any minute. You'd have to be even thicker to have not even seen the game at all and comment about it.

Most of that second half went according to the script we've been following all season. Opposing team starts getting proactive whilst the Swansea bench impotently watches on.

Had their keeper not come dashing out for a corner he wasn't getting anywhere near and allowed Fulton an open goal to head at the game could have ended very differently.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 22:03 - Feb 23 with 857 viewsploppy

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 21:31 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

You'd have to be a bit thick to be sitting in that stadium during the second half yesterday and not be anticipating a Huddersfield goal any minute. You'd have to be even thicker to have not even seen the game at all and comment about it.

Most of that second half went according to the script we've been following all season. Opposing team starts getting proactive whilst the Swansea bench impotently watches on.

Had their keeper not come dashing out for a corner he wasn't getting anywhere near and allowed Fulton an open goal to head at the game could have ended very differently.

TBH, when I'm watching us, I always expect the opposition to score at any time - no matter who they are, what the score is, where they are in the league, etc. Even when we're on top, I'm not surprised when the opposition score. But yes, you could see that Hudds goal coming.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 07:52 - Feb 24 with 777 viewskarnataka

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:22 - Feb 23 by STID2017

About 5 minutes before they scored, I jokingly said to my bro that I still felt we were capable of getting a draw out of the game. It was so obvious Hudds were going to score and had been for at least 15 minutes.
What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 08:58 - Feb 24 with 736 viewsmonmouth

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 19:34 - Feb 23 by swancity

I didn’t see the game but here’s my opinion on it....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 10:00 - Feb 24 with 715 viewsjohnlangy

What Game Was Cooper Watching ? on 20:00 - Feb 22 by Flashberryjack

To be fair to the players, they did well for a team managed by a clown.

It appeared to me that the players won it despite Cooper. They looked completely disorganised for large parts of the game. He should be coming up with a game plan and coaching them to follow that. They played as if there was no plan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024