Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dublin 14:40 - Mar 1 with 1786 viewsdickythorpe

Been way too long since I've been.
I used to fly "Air Wales" from Fairwood or Ryanair from Cardiff in the late 90's early 00's
What's the best way nowadays?
I know you can get trains down to Fishguard or Pembroke Dock and then on to Rosslare or Dun Laoghaire .
Who's been recently from South/West Wales?
Dublin on 15:08 - Mar 1 with 1514 viewsmagicdaps10

Best way is flight into Dublin rather than Ferry, Bristol is the only option really.

If you are just going over for a jolly, I would recommend flying into knock from Bristol, hire a car and take in the west coast..... Galway and Donegal.

Dublin is a shiit hole.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dublin on 15:22 - Mar 1 with 1499 viewsCooperman

Dublin on 15:08 - Mar 1 by magicdaps10

Best way is flight into Dublin rather than Ferry, Bristol is the only option really.

If you are just going over for a jolly, I would recommend flying into knock from Bristol, hire a car and take in the west coast..... Galway and Donegal.

Dublin is a shiit hole.

What’s wrong with Flybe from Cardiff then?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 15:23]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dublin on 15:28 - Mar 1 with 1480 viewsHighjack

Careful now, they could have Coronavirus there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dublin on 15:35 - Mar 1 with 1474 viewsmagicdaps10

Dublin on 15:22 - Mar 1 by Cooperman

What’s wrong with Flybe from Cardiff then?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 15:23]

Wasn't aware that Flybe from Cardiff was available.

Dublin on 15:44 - Mar 1 with 1458 viewsCooperman

Dublin on 15:35 - Mar 1 by magicdaps10

Wasn't aware that Flybe from Cardiff was available.

Stick to football transfer rumours. Oh hang on a minute...

Dublin on 15:56 - Mar 1 with 1443 viewsmagicdaps10

Dublin on 15:44 - Mar 1 by Cooperman

Stick to football transfer rumours. Oh hang on a minute...

Relax Cooperman.... Couple of days and you can get back to normal for another 4wks.

Dublin on 12:45 - Mar 3 with 1206 viewsdunvantjack100

I’ve recently moved to Dublin but have looked into travelling back for different games.

Ryan Air into Bristol I’ve found tends to be the cheapest option I have booked with so far, Flybe also goes into Cardiff.

If you are looking to make a weekend of it / can get the time off work, I’d recommend trying to fly Thursday night, as the weekend days can get extortionate. Can get flights for around £10 if booked in advance.
Dublin on 12:47 - Mar 3 with 1199 viewsCooperman

Dublin on 15:56 - Mar 1 by magicdaps10

Relax Cooperman.... Couple of days and you can get back to normal for another 4wks.

I’m ok thanks, hun x.

Login to get fewer ads

Dublin on 13:41 - Mar 3 with 1166 viewsNeathJack

Dublin on 12:45 - Mar 3 by dunvantjack100

I’ve recently moved to Dublin but have looked into travelling back for different games.

Ryan Air into Bristol I’ve found tends to be the cheapest option I have booked with so far, Flybe also goes into Cardiff.

If you are looking to make a weekend of it / can get the time off work, I’d recommend trying to fly Thursday night, as the weekend days can get extortionate. Can get flights for around £10 if booked in advance.

Always best to book in advance. I find if you book after the event, you'll miss your flight
Dublin on 14:04 - Mar 3 with 1153 viewsItchySphincter

Dublin is a shiit hole.

BoIIocks Dapsy. I'm flyning from Cardiff to Dublin on 4th June on Flybe.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dublin on 14:09 - Mar 3 with 1147 viewsmagicdaps10

Dublin on 14:04 - Mar 3 by ItchySphincter

BoIIocks Dapsy. I'm flyning from Cardiff to Dublin on 4th June on Flybe.

Yeah we established that one a few posts back Itchy.

As I tend to go towards the Donegal area of Ireland, I was not aware of that route.

Dublin on 21:35 - Mar 3 with 1023 viewsbuilthjack

A night or two in Dublin beckons as Wales are yet again drawn in the same group as Eire.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dublin on 21:55 - Mar 4 with 855 viewsCooperman

Flybe are about to go to the wall so this option will almost certainly disappear.

Dublin on 22:43 - Mar 4 with 828 viewsmagicdaps10

Looks like the Bristol option is the only option..... As I said 😂

Dublin on 00:29 - Mar 5 with 797 viewsSTID2017

Dublin is a shiit hole.

What a stupid comment.
One of the most vibrant cities to live and visit, oozing culture, history mixed with an overwhelming amount of possibilities to enjoy the "craic", Dublin is a brilliant place to visit.
Millions of tourists every year can't be wrong.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Dublin on 07:42 - Mar 5 with 724 viewsmagicdaps10

Dublin on 00:29 - Mar 5 by STID2017

What a stupid comment.
One of the most vibrant cities to live and visit, oozing culture, history mixed with an overwhelming amount of possibilities to enjoy the "craic", Dublin is a brilliant place to visit.
Millions of tourists every year can't be wrong.

Fair enough, can't knock someone's own personal opinion.
My view is that it is far too commercial and I would point people more towards Belfast but I would highly recommend Galway.......now Galway is a vibrant place with a far more real feel of Ireland without the money making commercial side that Dublin brings.

Dublin on 07:54 - Mar 5 with 713 viewsmagicdaps10

My Irish wife just said that Flybe collapse has been on the cards for a while and she is not surprised, one of the main reasons why she has not booked in recent times.

So it seems like it has been on the cards for a while.

Dublin on 08:52 - Mar 5 with 696 viewsLohengrin

Dublin on 07:42 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

My view is that it is far too commercial and I would point people more towards Belfast but I would highly recommend Galway.......now Galway is a vibrant place with a far more real feel of Ireland without the money making commercial side that Dublin brings.

Galway is a fantastic place. Steeped in history, live music everywhere, bookshops by the score and a greyhound track.

If I was a town planner, I could point to Galway as one of mine.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Dublin on 09:57 - Mar 5 with 679 viewsmagicdaps10

Dublin on 08:52 - Mar 5 by Lohengrin

Galway is a fantastic place. Steeped in history, live music everywhere, bookshops by the score and a greyhound track.

If I was a town planner, I could point to Galway as one of mine.

Fantastic place, if you want the real Ireland then you head in that direction. Dublin is OK if you want a weekend away and leave it there, more than a handful of times and you see it for what it is...... I guarantee people that if they go to Galway, Dublin will never be thought about again

Dublin on 10:03 - Mar 5 with 674 viewsLohengrin

Dublin on 09:57 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

Fantastic place, if you want the real Ireland then you head in that direction. Dublin is OK if you want a weekend away and leave it there, more than a handful of times and you see it for what it is...... I guarantee people that if they go to Galway, Dublin will never be thought about again

It’s not just Galway but Connemara itself that’s just spectacular. The scenery is breathtaking.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Dublin on 10:43 - Mar 5 with 649 viewsmagicdaps10

Dublin on 10:03 - Mar 5 by Lohengrin

It’s not just Galway but Connemara itself that’s just spectacular. The scenery is breathtaking.

My wife hails from Donegal, the people are a strange breed but the scenery and way of living in that part of the world is great..... Quite rugged and lawless.
I got married in Donegal Town, another vibrant place that represents the real Ireland without the tourist traps.

If anyone is thinking on visiting Ireland, as I stated a few post back, head for knock Airport and see the West of Ireland.

Dublin on 12:58 - Mar 5 with 602 viewsItchySphincter

Dublin on 14:09 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

Yeah we established that one a few posts back Itchy.

As I tend to go towards the Donegal area of Ireland, I was not aware of that route.

Well pardon me for not reading the whole thread before contributing.

In the meantime, Cardiff Dublin now f*cked.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dublin on 14:16 - Mar 5 with 572 viewsSTID2017

Dublin on 07:42 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

My family ( only Mother's side ) are from Dublinso guess I am biased, but you are right there are many really nice places in Ireland, both South and North.
Furthest west I have been is Cork.
I would love to explore further, I only know Knock Airport through Christy Moore

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Dublin on 14:46 - Mar 5 with 553 viewsFlashberryjack

Dublin on 10:43 - Mar 5 by magicdaps10

My wife hails from Donegal, the people are a strange breed but the scenery and way of living in that part of the world is great..... Quite rugged and lawless.
I got married in Donegal Town, another vibrant place that represents the real Ireland without the tourist traps.

If anyone is thinking on visiting Ireland, as I stated a few post back, head for knock Airport and see the West of Ireland.

Agree mate.

Dublin is nice and the craic is great, but it's become an absolute rip off joint.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dublin on 16:10 - Mar 5 with 528 viewsNotLoyal

Dublin on 10:03 - Mar 5 by Lohengrin

A few knees have been reassembled in those parts.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024