Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Manning 23:45 - Feb 22 with 2306 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I'd like to see Ryan get some more game time going forward. Bidwell hasn't been at his best for a while now, and I've always felt Manning looks more comfortable than him going forward (his pullback for Cullen vs Forest was perfect for example). He hasn't looked bad defensively either.

As a bit of trivia, maybe I'm the only one but I didn't realise it was him who scored the two penalties against us in our infamous late 2-1 capitulation to Rotherham in November '18. We should have scored at least five in that game.
Ryan Manning on 05:33 - Feb 23 with 2256 viewsKeithHaynes

I can only see Manning getting sub time in midfield, I’m uncertain he is as effective in Bidwell’s position. We did a piece on Manning, and that Rotherham hame, not sure we’ve seen that Ryan Manning yet.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Manning on 08:11 - Feb 23 with 2213 viewsThornburyswan

Me too but other than sub/injury cover I don’t see it unless we start 4-4-2, 4-1-3-1 or 4-5-1 as to be fair to Bidders he is having a strong season & cannot see Manning getting into midfield ahead of Grimes, Fulton, Smith or Hourihane.

If we started 4 at the back & dropped one of our 3 CBs then he might get a chance on the left of midfield ahead of Bidders - that would allow Bidders to get forward & Manning to cover when we were attacking - but Cooper seems to limit the 4 at the back for late in games when we are chasing goals.
Ryan Manning on 08:12 - Feb 23 with 2203 viewsAndyCole

Wondered for some time if he could do a job in midfield, box to box, where we desperately need tempo. He's full of energy, has a deft touch, gets stuck in. A mini-Pratley.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ryan Manning on 20:01 - Feb 25 with 2066 viewsAndyCole

Bump, good shout.

This could be his opportunity, keen to see how he links with CH to add some canny celtic devil down our left flank.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ryan Manning on 20:22 - Feb 25 with 2057 viewsNotLoyal

Ryan Manning on 08:12 - Feb 23 by AndyCole

Wondered for some time if he could do a job in midfield, box to box, where we desperately need tempo. He's full of energy, has a deft touch, gets stuck in. A mini-Pratley.

That's where he is best.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ryan Manning on 20:34 - Feb 25 with 2049 viewsploppy

Apart from that pull back and the dive to win a pen against Forest in the cup, I don't see what Manning's done to deserve a starting place. Bidwell puts gorgeous balls into the box - just like he did for CR to score against Forest last week. And he's a better defender IMHO.

As far as playing him in midfield - we've got enough one-footed left-footed players in there already. Grimes and Hourihane are not getting dropped anytime soon.
Ryan Manning on 20:37 - Feb 25 with 2034 viewsAndyCole

Ryan Manning on 20:34 - Feb 25 by ploppy

Apart from that pull back and the dive to win a pen against Forest in the cup, I don't see what Manning's done to deserve a starting place. Bidwell puts gorgeous balls into the box - just like he did for CR to score against Forest last week. And he's a better defender IMHO.

As far as playing him in midfield - we've got enough one-footed left-footed players in there already. Grimes and Hourihane are not getting dropped anytime soon.

It's about clever rotation and sweating our assets. Cooper's learning to trust his squad.

Watch Manning more closely, sharp intellect, positionally clever, deft touch, eager beaver.

Ryan Manning on 20:38 - Feb 25 with 2042 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Manning on 20:34 - Feb 25 by ploppy

Indeed

On yesterday’s match day thread someone suggested dropping Roberts as well.

Let’s drop both wing backs who have the highest amount of assists & part of the meanest defence.

You really couldn’t make it up.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Manning on 20:57 - Feb 25 with 2013 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ryan Manning on 20:38 - Feb 25 by pencoedjack

Indeed

On yesterday’s match day thread someone suggested dropping Roberts as well.

Let’s drop both wing backs who have the highest amount of assists & part of the meanest defence.

You really couldn’t make it up.

Its about rotation and keeping playes fresh. No point 6 players being oveplayed and stale while Manning, Laibeaudiere, Smith, Whittaker and Arriola are bitter and frustrated, Cooper can only gt this team over the line if he trusts his squad n my opinion.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ryan Manning on 21:03 - Feb 25 with 2010 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Manning on 20:57 - Feb 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Its about rotation and keeping playes fresh. No point 6 players being oveplayed and stale while Manning, Laibeaudiere, Smith, Whittaker and Arriola are bitter and frustrated, Cooper can only gt this team over the line if he trusts his squad n my opinion.

& your entitled to it I’ll stick with Coops opinion
Ryan Manning on 07:20 - Feb 26 with 1945 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Manning on 20:37 - Feb 25 by AndyCole

It's about clever rotation and sweating our assets. Cooper's learning to trust his squad.

Watch Manning more closely, sharp intellect, positionally clever, deft touch, eager beaver.

😂😂😂😂
Ryan Manning on 00:15 - Mar 6 with 1801 viewsAndyCole

Ryan Manning on 07:20 - Feb 26 by 34dfgdf54

😂😂😂😂

"It's about clever rotation and sweating our assets. Cooper's learning to trust his squad.

Watch Manning more closely, sharp intellect, positionally clever, deft touch, eager beaver."

......Is working out well so far, fair play

Ryan Manning on 07:01 - Mar 6 with 1751 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Manning on 00:15 - Mar 6 by AndyCole

"It's about clever rotation and sweating our assets. Cooper's learning to trust his squad.

Watch Manning more closely, sharp intellect, positionally clever, deft touch, eager beaver."

......Is working out well so far, fair play

😂😂 what an absolutely ridiculous post. How many games has he started? His performance Saturday makes a mockery of Coopers refusal to rotate the squad throughout season.

Edit - completely agree with your comments on Manning though he’s a top player, was involved in more goals than anyone last season I believe.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 7:19]
Ryan Manning on 08:11 - Mar 6 with 1713 viewsDr_Winston

Ryan Manning has made just four league starts all season. That's bonkers.

Clearly should have featured a lot more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ryan Manning on 08:26 - Mar 6 with 1706 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Manning on 08:11 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Ryan Manning has made just four league starts all season. That's bonkers.

Clearly should have featured a lot more.

“Clever rotation and sweating assets”
Ryan Manning on 09:11 - Mar 6 with 1683 viewsBoundy

Ryan Manning on 08:26 - Mar 6 by 34dfgdf54

An oxymoron if ever there was

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ryan Manning on 09:19 - Mar 6 with 1680 viewsFireboy2

Imo manning was our second best player on weds after roberts of course, he does the basics very well, he didn't just stay on the left, he roamed around the pitch, he can also play in midfield, bidwell gets up and down the left channel, he has a good engine and has a sweet left foot cross, its a good quandary to be in.
Ryan Manning on 10:07 - Mar 6 with 1656 viewsonehunglow

Not much to choose between them .One covers the other.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ryan Manning on 12:47 - Mar 6 with 1628 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Manning on 09:19 - Mar 6 by Fireboy2

Imo manning was our second best player on weds after roberts of course, he does the basics very well, he didn't just stay on the left, he roamed around the pitch, he can also play in midfield, bidwell gets up and down the left channel, he has a good engine and has a sweet left foot cross, its a good quandary to be in.

Manning when on his game has more to offer for me mate, shooting and positioning, I would like to see him start today.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Manning on 13:39 - Mar 6 with 1607 viewsDJack

Ryan Manning on 08:26 - Mar 6 by 34dfgdf54

Andy Cole's posts are very cliched and repetative whilst pushing his narrative. However I'd rather see his football views so that it can be added to the mix of opinions for consideration.

...but yeah, he makes me laugh for the wrong reasons.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Ryan Manning on 13:51 - Mar 6 with 1600 viewsFireboy2

Ryan Manning on 12:47 - Mar 6 by KeithHaynes

Manning when on his game has more to offer for me mate, shooting and positioning, I would like to see him start today.

So would I K, continuity they call it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024