Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Worthington RIP 09:06 - Mar 23 with 724 viewsbritferry

a right maverick of a player

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:07 - Mar 23 with 715 viewsbritferry

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 700 viewsonehunglow

Just switched on and read this.
Ah,Frank.

I did Tranmere Rovers games on a Friday night and Frank always had a chat with me after briefing the troops in the centre stand before a game.
Terrific guy and a real character.Always immaculate and rarely without female companions.

He was serious about football though and after a loss,which was often,he was incandescant and you could hear him through the walls.

Hard to find anyone who remembers him without a smile

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:17 - Mar 23 with 707 viewsKeithHaynes

A load of us from gloucester ish had an overnighter in Huddersfield, hotel etc. A while back how, think we lost 4-0. Frank was a regular in the bar there, can’t recall the name of the place we stayed. He kept a lot of folk laughing most nights by all accounts, and he did that night too. Basically old stories for beer, but he could tell a story. Hammered he was by the end of the night. Dancing etc. A proper character, RIP.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:45 - Mar 23 with 683 viewsonehunglow

Frank Worthington RIP on 09:17 - Mar 23 by KeithHaynes

A load of us from gloucester ish had an overnighter in Huddersfield, hotel etc. A while back how, think we lost 4-0. Frank was a regular in the bar there, can’t recall the name of the place we stayed. He kept a lot of folk laughing most nights by all accounts, and he did that night too. Basically old stories for beer, but he could tell a story. Hammered he was by the end of the night. Dancing etc. A proper character, RIP.

He like a shapely ankle Keith .

People forget he was outrageously talented.

He did Elvis impersonations too. Not that well. though nobody told him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Frank Worthington RIP on 10:12 - Mar 23 with 673 viewsWhiterockin

A true legend of his time. Players like Frank made football really enjoyable when I was growing up. I often wonder how the like of Frank and Stan Bowles would have fared in the modern game. Saying that we had a couple of beauts of our own in the early 80s.
Frank Worthington RIP on 11:05 - Mar 23 with 648 viewsNotLoyal

If I remember that day wales played england in the rugby.
Fantastic trip, how much we all long for those days.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Frank Worthington RIP on 12:49 - Mar 23 with 619 viewstheloneranger

RIP Elvis.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Frank Worthington RIP on 16:30 - Mar 23 with 565 viewsLohengrin

A Lotus and a blonde. Not a bad old life being a ‘70s footballer, was it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Worthington RIP on 18:04 - Mar 23 with 537 viewsReslovenSwan1

Saw him play for Birmingham city a couple of times. Extremely skilfull with great control. There was a whole host of maverick players at the time, Alan Hudson, Tony Currie, Stanley Bowles, Worthington. Charlie George. Then there were the more modern worker players like Osgood, Chivers and Mick Jones still inspired but probably more consistent and reliable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Frank Worthington RIP on 18:06 - Mar 23 with 535 viewspencoedjack

I bet he had some very good stories to tell.

Football lacks characters like Frank these days although the snowflakes wouldn’t be happy.
Frank Worthington RIP on 18:38 - Mar 23 with 517 viewskrunchykarrot

Frank Worthington RIP on 18:04 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Saw him play for Birmingham city a couple of times. Extremely skilfull with great control. There was a whole host of maverick players at the time, Alan Hudson, Tony Currie, Stanley Bowles, Worthington. Charlie George. Then there were the more modern worker players like Osgood, Chivers and Mick Jones still inspired but probably more consistent and reliable.

And youve forgotten the greatest and Best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024