Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another Swans player racially abused. 21:03 - May 3 with 2254 viewsJoe_bradshaw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56974460

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 21:19 - May 3 with 2225 viewsBenJ94

From a Derby fan I’m assuming? Seeing as he may just have had a hand in sending them down.
Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 21:33 - May 3 with 2205 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What's that? The boycott didn't end racism? Wow.

Why don't Swansea City leave these social media platforms all together? We know why. They enjoy the money they generate from participating in social media advertising and marketing. Hypocrites.

Likewise Gary Linekar et adore the attention they receive and the simplicity of being paid huge sums of money to Tweet a photo of themselves using or consuming various products to ever permanently stop using these platforms they are protesting against. Hypocrites.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 21:47 - May 3 with 2185 viewsChief

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 21:33 - May 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What's that? The boycott didn't end racism? Wow.

Why don't Swansea City leave these social media platforms all together? We know why. They enjoy the money they generate from participating in social media advertising and marketing. Hypocrites.

Likewise Gary Linekar et adore the attention they receive and the simplicity of being paid huge sums of money to Tweet a photo of themselves using or consuming various products to ever permanently stop using these platforms they are protesting against. Hypocrites.

More criticism for the bodies at least attempting to do something rather than the racists themselves.

That's the spirit.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 22:24 - May 3 with 2133 viewsKeithHaynes

Take action, be direct, stop hate.
This has to end.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 22:36 - May 3 with 2116 viewsFireboy2

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 22:24 - May 3 by KeithHaynes

Take action, be direct, stop hate.
This has to end.

I honestly don't think that twitter or facebook really care Keith, all they are bothered about is money.
Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 22:43 - May 3 with 2113 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Are these instances from our own fans????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 23:07 - May 3 with 2086 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea fans do not seem to care about racist abuse against themselves. Zero means zero aparently.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 23:48 - May 3 with 2063 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s a self fulfilling prophecy unfortunately.

There are trolls and idiots on Twitter, probably the worst platform for them. They exist simply for attention and tapping into the hot topic because they know it works.

Making a big story and having announcements every time some idiot says something like this is doing exactly what they intended, causing a reaction.

The bigger the reaction, the more they will do it.

On Resolvens point regarding “sheep sh*ggers”, if Swansea made an announcement that they found it reprehensible and the FA was making announcements that they won’t tolerate it.... guess how many times we would hear it the following week? On an unprecedented scale on Twitter I would have thought.

The sooner people realise what’s going on the better, this constant cycle and the apparent surprise is mind boggling.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 23:59 - May 3 with 2056 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 21:47 - May 3 by Chief

More criticism for the bodies at least attempting to do something rather than the racists themselves.

That's the spirit.

But that’s the thing people aren’t grasping though Chief, it’s highly unlikely they are even racist. They are just using racist language because they know it works. And it works because of the reaction they get.

If Gareth Thomas was still playing and scored a try to beat another team, guess how many comments he would have to wind him up about his sexuality? Doesn’t mean they are all homophobic people, they would just be using the topic that they think winds him up the most and have the biggest impact.

The amount of fat people I have heard chanting “you fat b*stard” to an overweight opposing fan or player is laughable. They have nothing against fat people I’m sure, they are just trying to wind up the target with a topic they think will have the most impact.

Making a big media story and club announcement about it every time it happens is confirming that impact to the people that do this kind of thing and confirm it’s having the desired effect. Ignore them is the best and only way.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 0:20]

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 03:22 - May 4 with 2010 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 23:59 - May 3 by Dr_Parnassus

But that’s the thing people aren’t grasping though Chief, it’s highly unlikely they are even racist. They are just using racist language because they know it works. And it works because of the reaction they get.

If Gareth Thomas was still playing and scored a try to beat another team, guess how many comments he would have to wind him up about his sexuality? Doesn’t mean they are all homophobic people, they would just be using the topic that they think winds him up the most and have the biggest impact.

The amount of fat people I have heard chanting “you fat b*stard” to an overweight opposing fan or player is laughable. They have nothing against fat people I’m sure, they are just trying to wind up the target with a topic they think will have the most impact.

Making a big media story and club announcement about it every time it happens is confirming that impact to the people that do this kind of thing and confirm it’s having the desired effect. Ignore them is the best and only way.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 0:20]

Yes, but in addition tougher punishments must be issued to those responsible. Ensure their pictures and names are published in the media. Ensure that posting racist abuse to people will see you lose much of your social circle and your job. There needs to be a deterrent.

If The Swans simply posted that John Smith of X street in Derby has been arrested and charged for posting racist abuse to Morgan Whittaker, accompanied with his photo then that would be a huge deterrent to others.

Instead they're rewarded with seeing their efforts disrupt one of the biggest sporting leagues in the world. I can only think that the person behind these initiatives at the club means well, of course, but doesn't seem to comprehend why it's happening.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 04:56 - May 4 with 1995 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 03:22 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes, but in addition tougher punishments must be issued to those responsible. Ensure their pictures and names are published in the media. Ensure that posting racist abuse to people will see you lose much of your social circle and your job. There needs to be a deterrent.

If The Swans simply posted that John Smith of X street in Derby has been arrested and charged for posting racist abuse to Morgan Whittaker, accompanied with his photo then that would be a huge deterrent to others.

Instead they're rewarded with seeing their efforts disrupt one of the biggest sporting leagues in the world. I can only think that the person behind these initiatives at the club means well, of course, but doesn't seem to comprehend why it's happening.

Police need to work with the social media companies for any and all sorts of abuse or threatening behaviour. Agreed.

Sadly the internet is a wild and expansive beast driven by a thirst for attention from the user and a grab for money for the host. There is only so much you can do, as making signing up to those things compulsory to give accurate and personal information will cause traffic to noticeably dip.

Twitter is a company at the end of the day, not a social service so nobody can dictate how their business model operates. It’s an optional thing that you can sign up to. Nobody has to. I don’t have a Twitter account because of the amount of vile people on there that say anything for attention. I use it for information and that’s about it.

Social media is not a human right. It’s a vile place, everyone knows it’s a vile place. Yet they still choose to sign up. It’s the pretence and shock every time someone says something vile on it that annoys me. It’s literally what many use the platform for, abusing others.

We all know this by now.

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 10:41 - May 4 with 1882 viewsGwyn737

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 04:56 - May 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Police need to work with the social media companies for any and all sorts of abuse or threatening behaviour. Agreed.

Sadly the internet is a wild and expansive beast driven by a thirst for attention from the user and a grab for money for the host. There is only so much you can do, as making signing up to those things compulsory to give accurate and personal information will cause traffic to noticeably dip.

Twitter is a company at the end of the day, not a social service so nobody can dictate how their business model operates. It’s an optional thing that you can sign up to. Nobody has to. I don’t have a Twitter account because of the amount of vile people on there that say anything for attention. I use it for information and that’s about it.

Social media is not a human right. It’s a vile place, everyone knows it’s a vile place. Yet they still choose to sign up. It’s the pretence and shock every time someone says something vile on it that annoys me. It’s literally what many use the platform for, abusing others.

We all know this by now.

Jon Ronson's book 'You've been Publicy Shamed" is excellent on the way viral posts generate income.

It's not all race based (but it applies) and in one part, calculates the amounts Twitter makes from a Twitter pile-on. It's horrifying.
Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 08:30 - May 5 with 1755 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Yet another Swans player racially abused. on 10:41 - May 4 by Gwyn737

Jon Ronson's book 'You've been Publicy Shamed" is excellent on the way viral posts generate income.

It's not all race based (but it applies) and in one part, calculates the amounts Twitter makes from a Twitter pile-on. It's horrifying.

What do you think about Twitter’s rivals being taken down by the big tech cabal (Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft etc.) when it was actually Twitter and Facebook that was used by Trump protestors on January 6th and it is Twitter that allows so much hate to be posted, all over the world, on a daily basis.

Why don’t the Left want to do something about Twitter?

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024