Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? 09:00 - May 9 with 888 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? 9th May 2021 09:00
It’s our most read feature on Swansea Independent. The Sunday supplement. Keith Haynes, our site owner and best selling football writer for some thirty years tells it very straight indeed. Read on, it’s fascinating, and most certainly without any prejudice, just how we like it. : David Cornish For Swansea Independent 1

Click above for the article.
Click below to subscribe to us on Twitter.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 09:15 - May 9 with 862 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well Dean Ashton fancies us. He’s probably the only one!
The comfort we can take from this situation is Coopers expertise in knock out football. Since we’ve been confirmed in the play offs I think he’s just sent them out to experiment in front of the gaze of the footballing world whilst honing a secret deadly strategy that will get us promoted. Also watching our odds go through the floor so he can stick a few grand on.

That’s the most optimistic post I can come up with

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 09:28 - May 9 with 835 viewsonehunglow

Why the Question Mark.
Let's be positive!

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 10:33 - May 9 with 789 viewsNotLoyal

Fantastic piece Keither, maybe one or two others need to level their responses on the article itself, I’m pretty certain bar the first response post the article wasnt even read at all. Thankfully 95% of your readership aren’t even members of this site, I’m sure you get plenty of other people on here thinking the same way.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 11:19 - May 9 with 744 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 10:33 - May 9 by NotLoyal

Fantastic piece Keither, maybe one or two others need to level their responses on the article itself, I’m pretty certain bar the first response post the article wasnt even read at all. Thankfully 95% of your readership aren’t even members of this site, I’m sure you get plenty of other people on here thinking the same way.

It’s actually 97% 😉
It’s never an issue, I see this morning my mate Phil is getting nonsense fired at him which is totally out of order, already we are on a thousand reads of the story and can expect five thousand by midday.
Never a problem, now go and mix up some bottles 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 11:23 - May 9 with 742 viewsmax936

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 09:15 - May 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Well Dean Ashton fancies us. He’s probably the only one!
The comfort we can take from this situation is Coopers expertise in knock out football. Since we’ve been confirmed in the play offs I think he’s just sent them out to experiment in front of the gaze of the footballing world whilst honing a secret deadly strategy that will get us promoted. Also watching our odds go through the floor so he can stick a few grand on.

That’s the most optimistic post I can come up with

"Well Dean Ashton fancies us."

There's a first for everything I suppose, when we went through our penalties spell he was calling us all sorts, on that EFL show.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 11:55 - May 9 with 717 viewsCatullus

Pure bloody mindedness and the will to win.....rules out Hourihane then surely? We just cannot carry one player in the hope we get a free kick in the right place AND he puts it away. That won't wash and I'm sure if we get to the final, one goal won't be enough.

Cooper has done a good job over all but even so our points tally and position still owe something to the division being really quite poor this season, we shouldn't ignore that. When Brendan Rodgers took us up there was more quality at the top end for sure. Coopers biggest failings seem to be his falling into a negative mindset AND poor substitutions. The poor subs has been a common theme, players who deserve hooking staying on and even players who are out on their feet not being replaced. Putting Whittaker on with 4 minutes left...what can the boy do?

Personally, and we don't have the game to do it now, I'd like to have seen Whittaker and Cullen start with Ayew in the 10 spot. Hourihane can take a running jump and if the rumour that he is discussing terms with us is true then I am gobsmacked. What does Cooper see in him? All he has is a good free kick and it's not enough, not in any division.

We can beat Barnsley but they have been in better form than us recently. We cannot afford to be half hearted or negative, we cannot play not to lose in the hope we pinch one. I would rather go down fighting than go out with a whimper.

Next season, if we are still in this division it's a major rebuilding job, we need to stop relying on so many loan players and we need a first choice striker, not wide players shoehorned in.

If we are in the Premier league I wouldn't hold out any hope of staying up so if Coops managed that it would truly be a miracle but if we keep the wage bill sensible we'll come down with some parachute money and look to build a bit more.

I make no apologie for being a bit old school about sport. I can accept being rubbish but I cannot accept player coasting through games or being overly negative. If any player is too scared then drop them and try someone else. We don't shoot often enough, I read a comment about Lowe yesterday, running across the face of the box but not shooting, we can't simple wait for a gilt edged chance that might never come, we must make chances. We must fight, we must run until we collapse and then it's up to the manager to use subs wisely. Up until January we had a team that did that, not as striong on paper as other sides, we earned our place through sweat, every player working for each other. We need to get that back. It wasn't just through hard work either, sometimes we played some really good football so we are capable. We have to believe in ourselves.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 12:04 - May 9 with 708 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 09:28 - May 9 by onehunglow

Why the Question Mark.
Let's be positive!

The question mark is discussed in the article 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 21:47 - May 9 with 539 viewsDJack

Tidy article... but I have to disagree with the comment that the investment has been half-hearted. The only half-heartedness has come from Cooper not fully utilising the squad at his disposal.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 23:16 - May 9 with 480 viewsjack_lord

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 21:47 - May 9 by DJack

Tidy article... but I have to disagree with the comment that the investment has been half-hearted. The only half-heartedness has come from Cooper not fully utilising the squad at his disposal.

Enjoyed the article Keith. Something similar was discussed this afternoon.

Some of the football has been ugly, some of the football has been lovely and all from the same Town.

Hopefully the knock out will see us to Wembley and the hugely developing Cullen can make things happen with Lowe and Ayew.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 07:52 - May 10 with 402 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 12:04 - May 9 by KeithHaynes

The question mark is discussed in the article 👍

Hourihane is discussing what.!

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 08:49 - May 10 with 370 viewsBoundy

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 07:52 - May 10 by onehunglow

Hourihane is discussing what.!

Hopefully what times the last bus back to the midlands . I'm afraid he flatters to deceive.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 08:57 - May 10 with 364 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City on the brink of something really huge ? on 08:49 - May 10 by Boundy

Hopefully what times the last bus back to the midlands . I'm afraid he flatters to deceive.

Morning boundy me ol mucker.
Me and wifey always enjoy chewing the cud over our players.

I look at matter from a football perspective,but being a still attractive woman (I 'll end you a snap) he looks at matters more physical

Hoolie she likes as he is nice looking ,clean cut and free of sweat stains. Woody too as he ha a boyish charm and looks sweetness itself.Ayew sexy too as is Connor and Cabango Grimy,bless him doesnt figure .

Mike Marsh apparently is neat .

I mentioned Steve but this is a family site

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024