Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! 12:45 - Jun 29 with 1038 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! 29th Jun 2021 12:41
News this afternoon that Steve Cooper will not be going to Crystal Palace because Patrick Vieira is on the brink of signing a contract to manage and coach the club for the next three years. 0

Oh dear Steve !
Click here to subscribe to us on Twitter

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 12:52 - Jun 29 with 997 viewsonehunglow

And so is ours
We had our hopes raised that this gloriously overated "coach" would be out of our club even with compenation. We were clearly deluded. Make no mistake,the "positive" warlocks we see a regards Steve is simply piffle from fans wanting to appear super loyal. Cooper failed twice to get us back to the Prem which is or should be our plan,assuming we have one.

These overtures from other clubs seemingly have hit the buffers.

We were looking at an excellent replacement in Appleton but that opportunity might have now be lost for good.

Players out there to be sold, a coach who isnt really @rsed about our club ,absent owners and inter necine squabble on the horizon in the Couts and there you have it. A farking mess so let me have that "positive " outlook that some love to append.

Come on and post tidy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 13:58 - Jun 29 with 871 views34dfgdf54

Didn't Vieira fail miserably in Nice?

Surprising call by Palace.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 14:13]
Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 14:35 - Jun 29 with 807 viewsReslovenSwan1

Viera will run into the same problem as the others. PALACE ARE SKINT.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 15:32 - Jun 29 with 710 viewsdobjack2

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 14:35 - Jun 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Also add old squad with a lot of players out of contract, Zaha wanting to move and Eze injured.
Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 15:32 - Jun 29 with 710 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 14:35 - Jun 29 by ReslovenSwan1

He'll turn them down, giving Cooper the chance he needs.

To be overlooked again.

Pep Clotet is probably higher up the real pecking order than Cooper.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 16:01 - Jun 29 with 661 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 15:32 - Jun 29 by monmouth

He'll turn them down, giving Cooper the chance he needs.

To be overlooked again.

Pep Clotet is probably higher up the real pecking order than Cooper.

Coopers not dull, he's been biding his time , France will be looking for a new manager and maybe England after tonight

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 17:20 - Jun 29 with 582 viewsCatullus

If Vieira gets it and Fulham won't pay out then Cooper will be here next season. OK it's not my preferred choice but even so we have to get behind the team, assuming we're allowed in, and put all this behind us.
Cooper may not be happy at things said on these forums so lets hope he pays attention and realises there is another way to play football. Maybe that's why we're linked with so many forwards, not just linked with but have actually shown intent. If we can put together a more balanced squad with proper strikers (even if very young) and show more ambition going forward I'm sure all differences can be put behind us.
Not having a proper striker is most likely not even Coopers fault, the owners must carry some blame too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 21:05 - Jun 29 with 445 viewsAndyCole

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 17:20 - Jun 29 by Catullus

If Vieira gets it and Fulham won't pay out then Cooper will be here next season. OK it's not my preferred choice but even so we have to get behind the team, assuming we're allowed in, and put all this behind us.
Cooper may not be happy at things said on these forums so lets hope he pays attention and realises there is another way to play football. Maybe that's why we're linked with so many forwards, not just linked with but have actually shown intent. If we can put together a more balanced squad with proper strikers (even if very young) and show more ambition going forward I'm sure all differences can be put behind us.
Not having a proper striker is most likely not even Coopers fault, the owners must carry some blame too.

Top post, fair play.

I can assure you Cooper pays no heed to emotionally fuelled grumpy ol' men posting on a football forum. He's way above that. Far too clever.

If anything he will be informed of the overwhelming tide of support form proper fans (c. 75% want him to stay). The club knows how much the crowd at the Liberty appreciate and adore, as evidenced by the massive roar for his epic fist-pumpin celebrations.

What Cooper needs is backing from the owners as you point out. Imagine if they had found him an out and out striker and out and out AM (like MGW).

Let's hope he stays and gets the players he deserves. ' Three times for a Welshman', as the saying goes.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 22:29 - Jun 29 with 390 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper’s Crystal Palace dream is over ! on 17:20 - Jun 29 by Catullus

Nice to see a well rounded post from you.

Agree completely, except on the way to play football bit. The way he does it has been successful, if he stays I (and others) will be happy for him to just keep doing what he does.

He is adapting to what we have and what resources we have. Which isn’t very much. If it was easy to play blinding football and be successful then Gravesend would do it and be in the Premier League by now. You need great footballers to play good and successful football.

Sadly we no longer have a Rangel, a Britton, a Dyer, an Allen, a Williams. We have players that would be their understudies by quite some distance.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024