Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD 04:22 - Jul 25 with 1277 viewsDr_Parnassus

The following list is a points per game ranking of every Swansea manager that has managed at least one season in what is now known as the Championship. It does not count the games from higher or lower divisions.

There is also a win % rate, followed by a goal differential average which gives some insight into effectiveness and balance of playing style.

Points per game

1. Brendan Rodgers 1.73 ppg
2. Steve Cooper 1.63 ppg
3. Paulo Sousa 1.5 ppg
4. Roberto Martinez 1.47 ppg
5. Graham Potter 1.41 ppg

Win %

1. Brendan Rodgers 52.27%
2. Steve Cooper 44.5%
3. Graham Potter 39.1%
4. Paulo Sousa 36.95%
5. Roberto Martinez 34.78%

Differential between goals scored and conceded.

1. Brendan Rodgers +27
Joint 2. Steve Cooper and Roberto Martinez +13
Joint 3. Paulo Sousa and Graham Potter +3
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 4:24]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 04:43 - Jul 25 with 1254 viewsItchySphincter

No surprises there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 04:50 - Jul 25 with 1250 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 04:43 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

No surprises there.

I was pretty stunned by Sousa and Potters goal difference being identical, barely breaking even.

Shows the massive difference of Brendan to the rest though.

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 09:09 - Jul 25 with 1153 viewsjack_lord

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 04:50 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

I was pretty stunned by Sousa and Potters goal difference being identical, barely breaking even.

Shows the massive difference of Brendan to the rest though.

Can you do one on Brendans one season in the Chamionship and Coppers second season?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 1139 viewsguthrieintherain

Can you do one for the number of fans who feel asleep during games or turned over to watch love your garden.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 09:22 - Jul 25 with 1138 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 09:09 - Jul 25 by jack_lord

Can you do one on Brendans one season in the Chamionship and Coppers second season?

Sure.

Points per game.

1. Brendan Rodgers and Steve Cooper both 1.73 ppg

Win %

1. Brendan Rodgers 52.27%
2. Steve Cooper 50%

Differential between goals scored and conceded.

1. Brendan Rodgers +27
2. Steve Cooper +17

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 09:41 - Jul 25 with 1121 viewsThornburyswan

Noting his 6th & 4th finishes in his two seasons the scores on the doors will look decent & he fully warrants appreciation/respect for that plus as been said by numerous posters from a league table & points collected you CANNOT fault him - as many have said if you just want to judge the club by points & league table positions we have lost a key manager, with our limited financial flexibility I suspect whoever gets the job will have as much chance of hitting Cooper’s numbers as Arsenal/Spurs do of picking up the Premiership trophy next May.

That said Cooper was clearly not fully committed to another season with us, particularly once he knew he was likely to lose the spine of his team & have to rely on Scott/Winter wheeling & dealing in the bargain basement stores to replace them.

Time to move on, welcome in the new gaffer & look forward to a new philosophy.
Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 11:26 - Jul 25 with 1052 viewsAndyCole

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 09:21 - Jul 25 by guthrieintherain

Can you do one for the number of fans who feel asleep during games or turned over to watch love your garden.

Or one that that showed that c.75% of fans wanted Cooper & Co to Remain.

The Cooperexiteers, careful what you wish for......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 11:40 - Jul 25 with 1039 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 11:26 - Jul 25 by AndyCole

The bottler has gone so move on.

Did no fancy his chances working within financial restraints.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 13:41 - Jul 25 with 991 viewsCatullus

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 11:26 - Jul 25 by AndyCole

We don't have a clue how many wanted him to remain, or has there been a poll conducted where every single fan was asked their opinion?

Moaning on about it achieves nothing anyway. Cooper is gone and apparently the owners were looking to move him out, the fans didn't force this by a few posts on the internet.

The stats tell us Cooper was an effective manager yet many fans didn't like the football on offer. People are funny like that, we want fun. When we put the tv on we put on stuff we enjoy watching, we don't watch what we find boring. When we buy a car, we don't always buy something that is entirely practical, we like something with a bit of style, something that looks good as well as doing what we need.
We want to be entertained, we want to have fun. If people can sit there watching boring, negative football week after week, year after year and accept it because it ALMOST brings success then good for them. I cannot, not any more. I want fun for my money. I can accept that it won't be great every week but if it's boring absolutely every week my loyalty will soon run out. It seems I am not alone.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 13:41 - Jul 25 with 991 viewsTreforys_Jack

How did the John Hollins league 2 winning season compare, as he had a similar cautious approach.
Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 00:18 - Jul 26 with 931 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 13:41 - Jul 25 by Catullus

We don't have a clue how many wanted him to remain, or has there been a poll conducted where every single fan was asked their opinion?

Moaning on about it achieves nothing anyway. Cooper is gone and apparently the owners were looking to move him out, the fans didn't force this by a few posts on the internet.

The stats tell us Cooper was an effective manager yet many fans didn't like the football on offer. People are funny like that, we want fun. When we put the tv on we put on stuff we enjoy watching, we don't watch what we find boring. When we buy a car, we don't always buy something that is entirely practical, we like something with a bit of style, something that looks good as well as doing what we need.
We want to be entertained, we want to have fun. If people can sit there watching boring, negative football week after week, year after year and accept it because it ALMOST brings success then good for them. I cannot, not any more. I want fun for my money. I can accept that it won't be great every week but if it's boring absolutely every week my loyalty will soon run out. It seems I am not alone.

“ apparently the owners were looking to move him out”

Really? Where have you seen this?…. Other than the usual suspects on here of course.

The club were looking to extend his contract a year in advance.

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 08:22 - Jul 26 with 855 viewsvetchonian

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 13:41 - Jul 25 by Catullus

He has gone....so you are another who believe the Owners were looking to move him out, they didnt seem to well prepared for when he did go do they?

13 days until the new season kicks off...12 of precious preperation time and as it stands we still have no manager and just Alan Tate and Krisitan O'Leary as coaching team!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea managers ranked by PPG, win % and GD on 11:57 - Jul 26 with 795 viewsjack247

There’s no doubt that Cooper was very.successful results wise, which for me, overrides everything else.

At the same time, it’s very hard to argue with those who wanted to see us play more expansive football.

Nothing else, whether he was an easy guy to take to or whatever, should come into it.

Fact is, for whatever reason (and it may well be similar to the reasons Eustace didn’t come) he decided to leave. Any comparisons are pretty pointless. It’s all about getting behind the new manager, whoever the is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024