Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. 00:35 - Sep 2 with 4409 viewsWalterBoyd

Who / What would you like to see there ?

Music / Comedians / other. 20 years ago could have fitted in the Swans crowd at some matches 🙄

Saves driving up to Cardiff- anything booked yet. I cant see what's lined up - opens 2022
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 08:29 - Sep 2 with 2283 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It’s a brave new world after Covid. Let’s hope some big bands start the ball rolling and the place sells out. If they like it they’ll return. I suppose waking up in the marriot overlooking the bay may help bring them back (as opposed to a grim city scape first thing ).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 09:32 - Sep 2 with 2248 viewsCatullus

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 08:29 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s a brave new world after Covid. Let’s hope some big bands start the ball rolling and the place sells out. If they like it they’ll return. I suppose waking up in the marriot overlooking the bay may help bring them back (as opposed to a grim city scape first thing ).

It's not big enough for 'big' bands though, they'd use the Liberty/Swansea.com.

It'd be nice to get some top comedians down here, I could use a laugh!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 11:04 - Sep 2 with 2212 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 09:32 - Sep 2 by Catullus

I think you are looking for acts that play Cardiff Motorpoint 5,000 capacity, Millennium Centre 2,500 capacity and St Davids Hall capacity 2,000. Still a good choice and good standard.

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk/whats-on

https://www.stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk/whats-on/?d=2019-12

https://www.wmc.org.uk/
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 11:11 - Sep 2 with 2202 viewsonehunglow

Ice Hockey

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 13:12 - Sep 2 with 2149 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Probably better being in a medium size venue rather than a mega area when you are so far away you have to look at the big screen to see what is going on.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:00 - Sep 2 with 2118 viewsItchySphincter

It will be tribute acts unfortunately.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:14 - Sep 2 with 2107 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

There is a difference between who we would like to see, and who would be willing to perform the South Wales leg of their tour in Swansea instead of Cardiff.

I'd be interested to see the losses the arena makes each year before it is repurposed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:16 - Sep 2 with 2104 viewsangryjack

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 13:12 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

Probably better being in a medium size venue rather than a mega area when you are so far away you have to look at the big screen to see what is going on.

Yhe capacity won't be able to pay the top bands unless they charge top top top top prices
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:31 - Sep 2 with 2084 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:14 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There is a difference between who we would like to see, and who would be willing to perform the South Wales leg of their tour in Swansea instead of Cardiff.

I'd be interested to see the losses the arena makes each year before it is repurposed.

You should have told the Ambassadors Theatre Group before they took it on mun.

Their experience is obviously no match for yours despite them having venues all over the place including some of the West End and Broadway’s biggest theatres.

When is Elton John doing Cardiff on his farewell tour btw? Obviously he’s small fry and doesn’t have a clue compared to the gig you once put on in the small bar of your college.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:33 - Sep 2 with 2082 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s almost exactly the same size as the Hammersmith Apollo. Seating and standing.

Loads of big bands play there all the time. And comedians. And West End type shows.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:42 - Sep 2 with 2072 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:00 - Sep 2 by ItchySphincter

It will be tribute acts unfortunately.

It’s a mixture of stuff if you look at their other venues.

This year, it’s big name comedians like Alan Carr, Jimmy Carr, Alan Partridge, that irritating bloke from Devon (Josh something) etc etc.

Plus the tribute type shows. Plus west end musicals on national tours. Plus bands like Nick Cave, Jane McDonald (I know, but lots of people like her), Jason Donovan, Ronan Keating, Paloma Faith, OMD, Human League. They also do stuff like Derren Brown, Penn & Teller.

Loads of bands can’t fill or don’t want to play 20,000 seater arenas. Or do both.

Always better to go to see someone at the Hammersmith Apollo (which is the same size)than at the O2, and some bands do both at different times.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:01 - Sep 2 with 2061 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:31 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Their experience is obviously no match for yours despite them having venues all over the place including some of the West End and Broadway’s biggest theatres.

When is Elton John doing Cardiff on his farewell tour btw? Obviously he’s small fry and doesn’t have a clue compared to the gig you once put on in the small bar of your college.

Let's hope it does well and does not quickly become another disastrous investment made by Swansea City Council.

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:06 - Sep 2 with 2053 viewsunion_jack

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:33 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

It’s almost exactly the same size as the Hammersmith Apollo. Seating and standing.

Loads of big bands play there all the time. And comedians. And West End type shows.

The Odeon as I remember it was a great venue. Saw Blue Oyster Cult and AC DC there in 79 / 80. They were big acts then.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:15 - Sep 2 with 2035 viewsjack247

Comedians won’t be a problem. Jimmy Carr, John Bishop, Alan Carr, Al Murray and Josh Widdecombe are all booked to play the Grand in the next couple of months. That’s a much smaller, much more dated venue.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:16 - Sep 2 with 2027 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:01 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope it does well and does not quickly become another disastrous investment made by Swansea City Council.

Oh you’d love nothing more than for it to fail I’m sure.

Speaking of disastrous public sector investments how are you getting on with paying off your student loan?

Well I hope. Wouldn’t want you to be concentrating so much on trying to annoy people on here that you’re not maximising your earnings and we all get lumbered with the cost of writing it off. I know you hate that sort of state handout.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:47 - Sep 2 with 2013 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:06 - Sep 2 by union_jack

The Odeon as I remember it was a great venue. Saw Blue Oyster Cult and AC DC there in 79 / 80. They were big acts then.

My favourite place to see a band other than possibly the Roundhouse.

Seen a few in there over the years as it’s a 10 minute walk from my house.

They’ve some great stuff coming up there. The Damned are doing a few shows quite soon. And Soft Cell.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:58 - Sep 2 with 2005 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:16 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Oh you’d love nothing more than for it to fail I’m sure.

Speaking of disastrous public sector investments how are you getting on with paying off your student loan?

Well I hope. Wouldn’t want you to be concentrating so much on trying to annoy people on here that you’re not maximising your earnings and we all get lumbered with the cost of writing it off. I know you hate that sort of state handout.

On the contrary, Lisa, I am all for people from poorer backgrounds who exhibited excellent academic potential in school being provided the opportunity to attend university, work hard, leave with the highest degree classification possible and use that to gain employment at a level they otherwise may not have been able to achieve. Margaret Thatcher would be very proud of what I have achieved. It was certainly an excellent investment by the state.

I do agree that the public should not be "lumbered with the cost of writing off" the cost of sending those to university who treat it as a three year holiday, leave with a poor education and do not use their degree to find better employment. Like you said, I do hate that sort of state handout. It could be better spent elsewhere. Preferably not by Rob Stewart.

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:16 - Sep 2 with 1986 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:58 - Sep 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

On the contrary, Lisa, I am all for people from poorer backgrounds who exhibited excellent academic potential in school being provided the opportunity to attend university, work hard, leave with the highest degree classification possible and use that to gain employment at a level they otherwise may not have been able to achieve. Margaret Thatcher would be very proud of what I have achieved. It was certainly an excellent investment by the state.

I do agree that the public should not be "lumbered with the cost of writing off" the cost of sending those to university who treat it as a three year holiday, leave with a poor education and do not use their degree to find better employment. Like you said, I do hate that sort of state handout. It could be better spent elsewhere. Preferably not by Rob Stewart.

Only an excellent investment by the State if they get a return on it in the form of increased taxation Dwight. And that doesn’t even begin to have an impact until you’ve paid off what it cost. If you don’t, there no difference whatsoever between you and someone who treated it as a three year holiday.

And in that case Maggie would definitely not be have been proud. She would have thought it a complete waste of money.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:17 - Sep 2 with 1987 viewsonehunglow

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 15:06 - Sep 2 by union_jack

The Odeon? You must mean the Rank. Twas epic on.You had to be there

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:41 - Sep 2 with 1967 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 14:31 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

😂

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:45 - Sep 2 with 1961 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:17 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

The Odeon? You must mean the Rank. Twas epic on.You had to be there

Hammersmith Odeon mun.

Not the one on the Kingsway.
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:47 - Sep 2 with 1959 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:41 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

😂

£2 entry and a free pint of subsidised lager it was.

Obvs no match for Elton’s management…
Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:57 - Sep 2 with 1956 viewsonehunglow

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 16:45 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Hammersmith Odeon mun.

Not the one on the Kingsway.

Ive just come back from a bike ride with wifey so a bit light headed.We scoffed a huge mound of ice cream then cycled the 8 miles back. Not recommended really.

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 1952 viewsCatullus

Did Union Jack mean the Hammersmith Odeon?

Anyway, we'll see who is booked down there. I don't go to music gigs, never been much for them but I'd go for a decent comedian and we do get quite a few of them through Swansea.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 17:10 - Sep 2 with 1946 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea's new 3,500 arena. on 17:07 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Did Union Jack mean the Hammersmith Odeon?

Anyway, we'll see who is booked down there. I don't go to music gigs, never been much for them but I'd go for a decent comedian and we do get quite a few of them through Swansea.

They’ll have big touring shows as well. Musicals, maybe some ballet or opera, some big name bands and singers.

Thank God the city is finally being given a makeover.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024