Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rhys Williams 09:48 - Nov 9 with 2183 viewsBoundy

The forgotten man of football , over hyped , not suited to the way we play or is there something else

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rhys Williams on 10:07 - Nov 9 with 1336 viewsKeithHaynes

Good question.
His expectations maybe outweigh ours ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rhys Williams on 10:34 - Nov 9 with 1308 viewsjasper_T

No better than the young defenders we already had, and Martin isn't interested in those two lads at the moment either.
Rhys Williams on 10:52 - Nov 9 with 1274 viewsonehunglow

here we have a 6-5 defender and we play a 5-9 one.

By not playing him,this will cost us money .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rhys Williams on 10:57 - Nov 9 with 1275 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Rhys Williams on 10:52 - Nov 9 by onehunglow

here we have a 6-5 defender and we play a 5-9 one.

By not playing him,this will cost us money .

Martin does not believe in height being an important quality in defenders.
Rhys Williams on 11:28 - Nov 9 with 1241 viewsBadlands

A number of questions arise.
First for me is, Did he want to come to Swansea? Wasn't there loan enquiries form teams in the NW where he was from?
Second, Has he recovered from the racial abuse that obviously deeply affected him?
Third, Has he just failed to live up to expectation? It wouldn't be the first time a Liverpool youngster has. There seems to be a bit of a process in Liverpool where a young player gets a couple of first team games, is sent out to a Championship club and does OK, gets sold for ridiculous money.
Fourth, Does Martin have a problem with young players? Benda and Hamer were pretty much hard to separate in terms of quality but he went with Hamer (pleased Hamer has turned out so well but would Benda also have produced the goods?); Cabango despite being one of the highest rated CB in the Championship last season can't get a look in and when he has game time he's played out of position; Obafemi gets publicly humiliated; tried to offload Whittaker; 6 regulars 28+ (of whom 5 are out of contract next year) with only three regulars under 25.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Rhys Williams on 13:11 - Nov 9 with 1170 viewsKeithHaynes

Rhys Williams on 11:28 - Nov 9 by Badlands

First for me is, Did he want to come to Swansea? Wasn't there loan enquiries form teams in the NW where he was from?
Second, Has he recovered from the racial abuse that obviously deeply affected him?
Third, Has he just failed to live up to expectation? It wouldn't be the first time a Liverpool youngster has. There seems to be a bit of a process in Liverpool where a young player gets a couple of first team games, is sent out to a Championship club and does OK, gets sold for ridiculous money.
Fourth, Does Martin have a problem with young players? Benda and Hamer were pretty much hard to separate in terms of quality but he went with Hamer (pleased Hamer has turned out so well but would Benda also have produced the goods?); Cabango despite being one of the highest rated CB in the Championship last season can't get a look in and when he has game time he's played out of position; Obafemi gets publicly humiliated; tried to offload Whittaker; 6 regulars 28+ (of whom 5 are out of contract next year) with only three regulars under 25.

I would say Martin has a problem with any player regardless of age who doesn’t want to learn and / or isn’t good enough.

Rhys Williams on 13:34 - Nov 9 with 1149 viewsonehunglow

Rhys Williams on 10:57 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Martin does not believe in height being an important quality in defenders.

HMM.
Obviously when a cross comes in to our box ,as they do, a n 11 st fella is more effective.

We have people swallowed this garbage whole

Good enough for Champion League but not Russy

Rhys Williams on 13:37 - Nov 9 with 1148 views34dfgdf54

There is an absolute huge difference in Benda and Hamer, one struggled massively with ball at his feet, the other doesn't hence getting the nod.

Cabango struggling with personal problems at present hence dropping out of Wales squad.

Obafemi has had trouble everywhere he has been, google it. Martin has put the ball in his court on whether he wants to improve or not. I noticed you said Martin sent for Obafemi, but that's ignoring the fact he was on his way here to sign under Cooper but got injured in training. Lots of fake news being spouted due to you having a bee in your bonnet regarding Cabango not being first choice at present as far as I can see.
Login to get fewer ads

Rhys Williams on 13:53 - Nov 9 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

Rhys Williams on 13:37 - Nov 9 by 34dfgdf54

There is an absolute huge difference in Benda and Hamer, one struggled massively with ball at his feet, the other doesn't hence getting the nod.

Cabango struggling with personal problems at present hence dropping out of Wales squad.

Obafemi has had trouble everywhere he has been, google it. Martin has put the ball in his court on whether he wants to improve or not. I noticed you said Martin sent for Obafemi, but that's ignoring the fact he was on his way here to sign under Cooper but got injured in training. Lots of fake news being spouted due to you having a bee in your bonnet regarding Cabango not being first choice at present as far as I can see.

Cabango -the one who can't play with the ball at his feet was the player dribbling through half a team not so long ago.
This guy ha been dumped upon by Martin and he's not the only one.

I fear Mart has the best PR machine our club has seen.

On here,it is not advisable to post criticism without getting pelters

If/When he leaves -and it's sudden,I hope his fan boys will reflect on the bilge they've posted to the morons/buffoons like me ..

Rhys not good enough then. Has he has covid too.

Did he not receive racist filth from our own fans?

Rhys Williams on 13:59 - Nov 9 with 1127 views34dfgdf54

Rhys Williams on 13:53 - Nov 9 by onehunglow

Cabango -the one who can't play with the ball at his feet was the player dribbling through half a team not so long ago.
This guy ha been dumped upon by Martin and he's not the only one.

I fear Mart has the best PR machine our club has seen.

On here,it is not advisable to post criticism without getting pelters

If/When he leaves -and it's sudden,I hope his fan boys will reflect on the bilge they've posted to the morons/buffoons like me ..

Rhys not good enough then. Has he has covid too.

Did he not receive racist filth from our own fans?

No, from Luton fans.
Rhys Williams on 14:35 - Nov 9 with 1110 viewsKeithHaynes

Latest **

Liverpool to have further talks this week with Swansea City over Rhys Williams 9th Nov 2021 13:59
Liverpool prospect Rhys Williams who joined the swans on a season long loan in August is the subject of some consternation between Liverpool and Swansea City. It’s all over his appearance record since he joined the swans on loan. He has only played four times. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

Rhys Williams on 15:19 - Nov 9 with 1081 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cabango and Brandon have come through the Swansea system. The club seemed to lose it philosophy after 2015 but I would still expect the academy to have been based on solid principles. Did the academy take their eye of its core philosophical principles?

I am seeing reassuring words off O'Leary concerning playing style. Recent poor results have been marked by almighty mess ups which seem now to be less common. I have been asking on this forum who is the long term 'defender of the faith'? This now seems to be Mark Allen with Leon Britton due to return in some capacity.

The two lads have been in the academy for going on 10 years half their lives. If I was an owner I would be asking questions if these players cannot slot seemlessly into Martins system. They are Swansea players after all. Or are they the 'lost generation of pragmatists' under coaches shouting "get rid of it son" to them 2015-2020.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Rhys Williams on 15:22 - Nov 9 with 1076 viewsonehunglow

Rhys Williams on 15:19 - Nov 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Cabango and Brandon have come through the Swansea system. The club seemed to lose it philosophy after 2015 but I would still expect the academy to have been based on solid principles. Did the academy take their eye of its core philosophical principles?

I am seeing reassuring words off O'Leary concerning playing style. Recent poor results have been marked by almighty mess ups which seem now to be less common. I have been asking on this forum who is the long term 'defender of the faith'? This now seems to be Mark Allen with Leon Britton due to return in some capacity.

The two lads have been in the academy for going on 10 years half their lives. If I was an owner I would be asking questions if these players cannot slot seemlessly into Martins system. They are Swansea players after all. Or are they the 'lost generation of pragmatists' under coaches shouting "get rid of it son" to them 2015-2020.

It’s odd that Woodman,when clearly crepe,was selected for every game however badly he played .

Rhys Williams on 15:41 - Nov 9 with 1062 viewsjasper_T

I had you down as someone who had watched our u23s play but I guess not. We've always played out from the back (as most academy sides do these days).
Rhys Williams on 15:56 - Nov 9 with 1053 viewsvetchonian

It might help if Martin played plaers on their right sides.
Cabango plays mainly on the right side and Rhys Williams played on the left side for Liverpool last season yet the meastro in his wisodm choses to play them the other way round when he has selected them....not really playing to their strengths ...makes yo wonder?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Rhys Williams on 16:03 - Nov 9 with 1050 viewsReslovenSwan1

Rhys Williams on 15:41 - Nov 9 by jasper_T

I had you down as someone who had watched our u23s play but I guess not. We've always played out from the back (as most academy sides do these days).

I have seen a handful of games u23 and u18 games over the last two seasons but watch the highlights generally due to work commitments.

Naughton 32 years, Bennett 31 years, Hamer 33 years, look like stop gap measures to me. Martin is wasting valuable development time with them unless he plans easing in Cabango or Cooper back in gradually. Perhaps he is using the old boys to form the foundation template for stability.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Rhys Williams on 16:28 - Nov 9 with 1032 viewsLuther27

I thought RM would have learned a lesson from the Fulham match. Cabango got ripped a new one on the right and Naughton v Mitrovich? C’mon for Gods sake. He wants defenders to be brave and bring the ball out well firstly they need to play in their correct position to get the best out of them and secondly they need to defend as a priority and then have the skill to bring the ball out.
Against the likes of Coventry we'll get away with it but definitely not against the better teams like Bournemouth and Fulham.
I harp on about this as I thought Rhys was brought in to play that way for us….and he has height lol
Rhys Williams on 16:48 - Nov 9 with 1021 viewsKeithHaynes

Rhys Williams on 16:28 - Nov 9 by Luther27

I thought RM would have learned a lesson from the Fulham match. Cabango got ripped a new one on the right and Naughton v Mitrovich? C’mon for Gods sake. He wants defenders to be brave and bring the ball out well firstly they need to play in their correct position to get the best out of them and secondly they need to defend as a priority and then have the skill to bring the ball out.
Against the likes of Coventry we'll get away with it but definitely not against the better teams like Bournemouth and Fulham.
I harp on about this as I thought Rhys was brought in to play that way for us….and he has height lol

He will get his chance when Bennett is out suspended, or Cabango.

Rhys Williams on 17:16 - Nov 9 with 987 viewsBillyChong

Was Cabango really that highly rated beyond our own fanbase? Wonder if this will tarnish our relationship with Liverpool for young loanees.
Rhys Williams on 17:30 - Nov 9 with 971 viewsgrabsplatter

Rhys Williams on 15:56 - Nov 9 by vetchonian

It might help if Martin played plaers on their right sides.
Cabango plays mainly on the right side and Rhys Williams played on the left side for Liverpool last season yet the meastro in his wisodm choses to play them the other way round when he has selected them....not really playing to their strengths ...makes yo wonder?

Eh?
That's just wrong.
Williams played on the left side of the 3 on both his league starts for us - he wasn't very good.
Rhys Williams on 17:31 - Nov 9 with 969 viewsonehunglow

It’s not done the lad much good.

Bottom line.Whose judgement you trust.Klopp or Russ. Compare their CVs

Rhys Williams on 17:45 - Nov 9 with 962 viewsgrabsplatter

Rhys Williams on 17:31 - Nov 9 by onehunglow

Clearly no comparison between the 2 but the fact is when he's had a chance for the Swans he hasn't been very good.
He's young & he's got time but so far he's not impressed.
Guehi didn't start well either but what a player he's turned out to be so we'll see.
Williams didn't play much for Liverpool, Klopp preferred to use midfielders out of position.
Rhys Williams on 17:49 - Nov 9 with 956 viewsonehunglow

Rhys Williams on 17:45 - Nov 9 by grabsplatter

Clearly no comparison between the 2 but the fact is when he's had a chance for the Swans he hasn't been very good.
He's young & he's got time but so far he's not impressed.
Guehi didn't start well either but what a player he's turned out to be so we'll see.
Williams didn't play much for Liverpool, Klopp preferred to use midfielders out of position.

Marc was allowed to prove himself.
Rhys clearly hasn’t. He s not been on the field of play enough for us to judge.

Connor Gallagher had his doubters too as did Gykores.
Funny game

Rhys Williams on 17:54 - Nov 9 with 953 viewsWhiterockin

Currently neither of them are confident in playing him.
Rhys Williams on 18:05 - Nov 9 with 937 viewsKeithHaynes

We could compare Klopp after 2 years and RM ‘s ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024