Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Country sports 20:58 - May 11 with 1473 viewsonehunglow

Are they?

Discuss.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Country sports on 07:52 - May 12 with 1422 viewsLohengrin

Here you go, Jack will talk you through it.

One of the best series of the ‘80s this, if any of you can remember it first time around?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Country sports on 09:16 - May 12 with 1398 viewsonehunglow

Country sports on 07:52 - May 12 by Lohengrin

One of the best series of the ‘80s this, if any of you can remember it first time around?

Remember that after school.
You must be some old bugger.

I ve yet to understood the mentality of the grouse as it faces a posse of toffs with shotguns nor indeed fish foraging at the bottom of the river when a rod ,line and hook rip into his mouth drags it out of it habitat either to be bashed dead or chucked back with a migraine.

Dont get me started on hare coursing ,Fox Hunting or badger baiting .

Country sports on 09:37 - May 12 with 1374 viewstrampie

Supporters of country pursuits say they provide a service to the community (I don't necessarily subscribe to that but I understand the argument).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Country sports on 18:19 - May 12 with 1332 viewsFlashberryjack

Country sports on 09:16 - May 12 by onehunglow

Remember that after school.
You must be some old bugger.

I ve yet to understood the mentality of the grouse as it faces a posse of toffs with shotguns nor indeed fish foraging at the bottom of the river when a rod ,line and hook rip into his mouth drags it out of it habitat either to be bashed dead or chucked back with a migraine.

Dont get me started on hare coursing ,Fox Hunting or badger baiting .

That post just goes to show how totally ignorant you are of country sports and pursuits.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Country sports on 18:23 - May 12 with 1330 viewsmax936

Country sports on 07:52 - May 12 by Lohengrin

He made same wonderful programmes, I mostly watched his fishing ones, but rarely missed any of his shows; Jack Hargreaves is another, brilliant minds, fair play.

Loh, have you read Brian Plummer's book Tales of a rat hunting man, cracking read, been meaning to have yet another read of it, but other things have taken over my time.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Country sports on 18:24 - May 12 with 1330 viewsBoundy

Country sports on 18:19 - May 12 by Flashberryjack

That post just goes to show how totally ignorant you are of country sports and pursuits.

I have to say its not very sporting to see a fox ripped to shreds or badgers setts dug then set upon by dogs . My moto in life is only kill want you need to survive or something which wises to kill you .But as we know folk have some funny ways of enjoying them selves

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Country sports on 20:28 - May 12 with 1285 viewsonehunglow

Country sports on 18:19 - May 12 by Flashberryjack

You what?
What abject crap.
Ignorance . I will take that if it means I find killing wildlife FOR FUN objectionable.

Jesus,the Royals love it but I though working class Wales would be well against it all.

Now fox hunting...Fox has a chance,fox accepts the risk,fox accepts the challenge.

Shooting...Birds are released then blown out of the skies.FOR FUN

I am glad to wallow in ignorance ,thanks. Is it the smell of blood that excites you or the sense of power over an animal in the wild.

You,sorry to ay,have turned my stomach is a way few on here have done. Credit to you.

Finally,plenty of badgers on the Wirral. Should I get a a couple of terriers to flush them out and bite their necks.

Country sports on 20:58 - May 12 with 1262 viewsFlashberryjack

Country sports on 20:28 - May 12 by onehunglow

You what?
What abject crap.
Ignorance . I will take that if it means I find killing wildlife FOR FUN objectionable.

Jesus,the Royals love it but I though working class Wales would be well against it all.

Now fox hunting...Fox has a chance,fox accepts the risk,fox accepts the challenge.

Shooting...Birds are released then blown out of the skies.FOR FUN

I am glad to wallow in ignorance ,thanks. Is it the smell of blood that excites you or the sense of power over an animal in the wild.

You,sorry to ay,have turned my stomach is a way few on here have done. Credit to you.

Finally,plenty of badgers on the Wirral. Should I get a a couple of terriers to flush them out and bite their necks.

Utter dribble.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Country sports on 21:27 - May 12 with 1231 viewsKeithHaynes

Depends how you say it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Country sports on 21:32 - May 12 with 1223 viewsonehunglow

Keith.
Done Ronda bullfighting museum too

Country sports on 22:01 - May 12 with 1205 viewsBoundy

Country sports on 21:32 - May 12 by onehunglow

Keith.
Done Ronda bullfighting museum too

Been there quite few times , small and compact steeped with history .
I don't think its used as much as others and glad to say on our visits none were taking place . I do respect that others may find it exciting etc but not for me.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Country sports on 22:38 - May 12 with 1187 viewsonehunglow

Country sports on 22:01 - May 12 by Boundy

Been there quite few times , small and compact steeped with history .
I don't think its used as much as others and glad to say on our visits none were taking place . I do respect that others may find it exciting etc but not for me.

Steeped in history.
Sporting bulls innit

Country sports on 22:49 - May 12 with 1179 viewslifelong

Country sports on 22:38 - May 12 by onehunglow

Steeped in history.
Sporting bulls innit

Do you eat fish?
Country sports on 23:09 - May 12 with 1175 viewsNotLoyal

Country sports on 22:49 - May 12 by lifelong

Do you eat fish?

Reel Big Fish.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Country sports on 21:42 - May 15 with 1068 viewsLohengrin

Country sports on 18:23 - May 12 by max936

He made same wonderful programmes, I mostly watched his fishing ones, but rarely missed any of his shows; Jack Hargreaves is another, brilliant minds, fair play.

Loh, have you read Brian Plummer's book Tales of a rat hunting man, cracking read, been meaning to have yet another read of it, but other things have taken over my time.

Sorry for the delay in replying I’ve only just seen this, Max.

Yes, mate. I have read it, but years ago. I’ve read a few of Brian Plummer’s books, a pal of mine is a massive Plummer Terrier enthusiast and he’d have lent them to me somewhere along the line.

Here’s one for you, mate. You’ll thoroughly enjoy this, it’s a brilliant window onto a vanished world. You’ll rattle through this cover to cover.

Country sports on 00:15 - May 16 with 1045 viewslifelong

Country sports on 21:42 - May 15 by Lohengrin

Sorry for the delay in replying I’ve only just seen this, Max.

Yes, mate. I have read it, but years ago. I’ve read a few of Brian Plummer’s books, a pal of mine is a massive Plummer Terrier enthusiast and he’d have lent them to me somewhere along the line.

Here’s one for you, mate. You’ll thoroughly enjoy this, it’s a brilliant window onto a vanished world. You’ll rattle through this cover to cover.

I’ll have a read of that.

This is also a good read.
Country sports on 14:40 - May 16 with 964 viewsFlashberryjack

Country sports on 18:24 - May 12 by Boundy

I have to say its not very sporting to see a fox ripped to shreds or badgers setts dug then set upon by dogs . My moto in life is only kill want you need to survive or something which wises to kill you .But as we know folk have some funny ways of enjoying them selves

Fox hunting and Badger baiting are banned, but I do agree in principle regarding eating what you catch/shoot, unless of course they are vermin.

I know a lot won't agree, but the best custodian of of the countryside is the gamekeeper, and the best custodians of the rivers are anglers, it's in their interests to maintain a good habitat for game and fish.

Hello

Country sports on 16:28 - May 16 with 932 viewsonehunglow

Country sports on 14:40 - May 16 by Flashberryjack

Fox hunting and Badger baiting are banned, but I do agree in principle regarding eating what you catch/shoot, unless of course they are vermin.

I know a lot won't agree, but the best custodian of of the countryside is the gamekeeper, and the best custodians of the rivers are anglers, it's in their interests to maintain a good habitat for game and fish.

Fox Hunting ,banned or not,is seen as a country pursuit /sport.
The excuse was it helped the farmer be free of foxes .

I am talking SPORT.

Sport is a contest.

Animals cannot consent.

It's that simple,Flash and you show an even greater amount of ignorance about animal welfare and the fact no animal should be the subject of a contest with a human.

Country sports on 16:33 - May 16 with 926 viewsWhiterockin

Country sports on 16:28 - May 16 by onehunglow

Fox Hunting ,banned or not,is seen as a country pursuit /sport.
The excuse was it helped the farmer be free of foxes .

I am talking SPORT.

Sport is a contest.

Animals cannot consent.

It's that simple,Flash and you show an even greater amount of ignorance about animal welfare and the fact no animal should be the subject of a contest with a human.

So is fishing a sport?
Country sports on 16:37 - May 16 with 917 viewsonehunglow

Country sports on 16:33 - May 16 by Whiterockin

So is fishing a sport?

It is for some,not for me.
Is grouse shooting?

Is Bull Fighting?
[Post edited 16 May 2022 16:38]

Country sports on 22:38 - May 16 with 865 viewsLohengrin

Country sports on 00:15 - May 16 by lifelong

I’ll have a read of that.

This is also a good read.

You’re either the second or third person who has recommended Kenzie to me now. I’ll definitely have to have a go at it.

Cheers!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024