Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes and Piroe 08:46 - Jun 25 with 1393 viewsmagicdaps10

What would the feeling be if these 2 were the players leaving?

No reason, no news just my gut feeling that these 2 will be the ones on their way and ultimately bring in around 20M possibly more.

Money fills the void and gives Martin a few Million to get in replacements and add in other areas.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Downes and Piroe on 09:03 - Jun 25 with 1363 viewsWhiterockin

All depends how much we get and how much we need to balance the books. I can see Downes going and Joe coming in, but would prefer we kept Downes if I had a choice.

Piroe is another matter, how much is he really worth £8M?offer, I wouldn't sell TBH we are assembling a very very good squad and not far of a promotion winning first 11, its just strength in depth that is missing. Around £15M I think we would have to sell anything less it depends how desperate we are for the money.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 9:48]
Downes and Piroe on 13:12 - Jun 25 with 1175 viewsJohnw102

Think we would get about £12 mill for the pair the way we sell players. Good return for what repaid for them will be the word from the board!!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Downes and Piroe on 13:29 - Jun 25 with 1141 viewsReslovenSwan1

Downes and Piroe on 13:12 - Jun 25 by Johnw102

Think we would get about £12 mill for the pair the way we sell players. Good return for what repaid for them will be the word from the board!!

Sell Downes replace with Allen. Keep Piroe and not sell for anything less than £20m.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Downes and Piroe on 13:32 - Jun 25 with 1137 viewsKeithHaynes

My feeling from talking to people is 12 million would seal Piroe, and around 7 for Downes. The loss would be very hard to take and would seriously affect next seasons chances in the league.

In fact if the club retained both of them, and took one final punt at promotion I think this time it would pay off.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Downes and Piroe on 14:24 - Jun 25 with 1077 viewsWhiterockin

Downes and Piroe on 13:32 - Jun 25 by KeithHaynes

My feeling from talking to people is 12 million would seal Piroe, and around 7 for Downes. The loss would be very hard to take and would seriously affect next seasons chances in the league.

In fact if the club retained both of them, and took one final punt at promotion I think this time it would pay off.

Agree 100% with all of that. With what we have currently without any more additions or departures, not counting Fulton Bennett or the players we loaned out last season, we have a very good squad. Turn down all offers and have a punt until Christmas and go from there.
Downes and Piroe on 14:48 - Jun 25 with 1045 viewsSTID2017

Downes and Piroe on 13:32 - Jun 25 by KeithHaynes

I also think if the club did take that punt at promotion and fail, both players values would stay the same or increase even.
I think if we hang onto the big three, we will make it.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Downes and Piroe on 14:49 - Jun 25 with 1043 viewsSTID2017

Downes and Piroe on 14:24 - Jun 25 by Whiterockin

Agree 100% with all of that. With what we have currently without any more additions or departures, not counting Fulton Bennett or the players we loaned out last season, we have a very good squad. Turn down all offers and have a punt until Christmas and go from there.

Agree

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Downes and Piroe on 16:52 - Jun 25 with 980 viewsJohnw102

Main priority for me if we keep them is together a competent goalkeeper, that the defence can have confidence in.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Login to get fewer ads

Downes and Piroe on 23:54 - Jun 25 with 893 viewsCatullus

If Allen comes and we don't move anybody on besides Futlon and Bennett then we have a chance...heck I'd even sell Grimes as well and be willing to take a hefty punt on Congreve and Cooper as back up.

What it all really depends on though, no matter who we have or who we sell is, team selection and tactics. If we spend next season pfaffing around at the back as much and being so slow to get the ball forward it will be a massive disappointment, for myself at least.

I will be very surprised if at least one of these players isn't sold though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Downes and Piroe on 00:40 - Jun 26 with 878 viewsKilkennyjack

Downes and Piroe on 23:54 - Jun 25 by Catullus

If Allen comes and we don't move anybody on besides Futlon and Bennett then we have a chance...heck I'd even sell Grimes as well and be willing to take a hefty punt on Congreve and Cooper as back up.

What it all really depends on though, no matter who we have or who we sell is, team selection and tactics. If we spend next season pfaffing around at the back as much and being so slow to get the ball forward it will be a massive disappointment, for myself at least.

Yes my gut feeling is both will go.

Sadly it will be for less than £10m.

Joey in would cover the Downes loss in theory ….

Piroe is very hard to replace.
Maybe Ollie or Rhian on a season long loan ?
Might suit all parties…?

Beware of the Risen People

Downes and Piroe on 09:18 - Jun 26 with 797 viewsjacktar

I think if we get around £12 mill. for Piroe, and try to get Troy Parrot in on loan from Spurs to play alongside Obafemi, that could work. I'd bring in Joey and keep Downes to give us some strength in depth.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Downes and Piroe on 09:47 - Jun 26 with 738 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes and Piroe on 23:54 - Jun 25 by Catullus

All four from Cotterill, Cooper x2 and Congreve are worth inclusion.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Downes and Piroe on 10:05 - Jun 26 with 715 viewsonehunglow

Downes and Piroe on 00:40 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

Yes my gut feeling is both will go.

Sadly it will be for less than £10m.

Joey in would cover the Downes loss in theory ….

Piroe is very hard to replace.
Maybe Ollie or Rhian on a season long loan ?
Might suit all parties…?

Piroe cannot be replaced.
It's that simple

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Downes and Piroe on 10:13 - Jun 26 with 699 viewsSirjohnalot

Downes and Piroe on 10:05 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Piroe cannot be replaced.
It's that simple

Piroe is essential. Kept him, I think we go up
Downes and Piroe on 10:16 - Jun 26 with 692 viewsonehunglow

Downes and Piroe on 10:13 - Jun 26 by Sirjohnalot

Piroe is essential. Kept him, I think we go up

Piroe is the difference.He 's also that who defines if our owners are ambitious .

Piroe ,with support,is stunning a player and he wll rip many teams to shreds given the chance

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024