Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City 08:00 - Apr 6 with 1612 viewsSwansIndependent

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City 6th Apr 2024 08:00
The Swans wake up this morning within striking distance of Middlesbrough and the Riverside stadium with some pretty decent weather about this afternoon. This fixture has never been a good one for the Swans, and we know personally two supporters from the north east who have been at this game over the years. One of those hardy souls has been on five occasions without seeing a Swansea win. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:23 - Apr 6 with 1492 viewsOptimisticJack

We've had almost continuous rain and many dark and dismal days since the arrival of Ronald.
Must have an effect on his Brazilian psyche

Optimisticjack

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:24 - Apr 6 with 1430 viewsmax936

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:23 - Apr 6 by OptimisticJack

We've had almost continuous rain and many dark and dismal days since the arrival of Ronald.
Must have an effect on his Brazilian psyche

Not only Brazilian people as one that often has to work outside, its totally f.....g depressing.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 12:40 - Apr 6 with 1349 viewsOptimisticJack

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:24 - Apr 6 by max936

Not only Brazilian people as one that often has to work outside, its totally f.....g depressing.

Absolutely

Optimisticjack

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 21:21 - Apr 8 with 1068 viewsHoneyBadger

Ronald is at his best with a quick break from the back, with space to run in to. 99% of Swansea "attacks" are currently labouring moves forward with attacking players receiving the ball with their backs to the opposition goal. In addition the opposing defence have quickly worked out how to stifle the attack.
[Post edited 8 Apr 21:22]
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 23:27 - Apr 8 with 973 viewsAnotherJohn

What I've found disappointing is the lack of quality end product, whether accurate crosses or clinical finishing. Ronald is able to make good ground in wide positions, and can sometimes hold the ball up to give us a useful out-ball, but that isn't winning games. He has potential, but needs to show more to justify the early praise.
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 06:12 - Apr 9 with 904 viewsWhiterockin

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 23:27 - Apr 8 by AnotherJohn

What I've found disappointing is the lack of quality end product, whether accurate crosses or clinical finishing. Ronald is able to make good ground in wide positions, and can sometimes hold the ball up to give us a useful out-ball, but that isn't winning games. He has potential, but needs to show more to justify the early praise.

Earlier on he had Naughton behind him who played the ball early into space. With Key the space is getting cramped they need to work more together and when one goes down the line the other cuts inside for the ball to be laid off.
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 06:42 - Apr 9 with 893 viewsPawelAbbott

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 23:27 - Apr 8 by AnotherJohn

He has put some real, quality balls into the box. The problem is that our forwards are League 2 standard at best.
With a decent striker Ronald would have 5 or 6 assists already. De Bruyne and Foden would be lucky to get an assist for Yates and Cullen
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 07:19 - Apr 9 with 881 viewsDr_Winston

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 21:21 - Apr 8 by HoneyBadger

Ronald is at his best with a quick break from the back, with space to run in to. 99% of Swansea "attacks" are currently labouring moves forward with attacking players receiving the ball with their backs to the opposition goal. In addition the opposing defence have quickly worked out how to stifle the attack.
[Post edited 8 Apr 21:22]

Is the correct answer, and that goes for basically everything we do in the final third.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 09:04 - Apr 9 with 827 viewsKeithHaynes

I actually thought he put in a few crosses v QPR that were right on the money plus at Middlesbrough, problem was the player who continually fluffed his lines in front of goal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 09:25 - Apr 9 with 814 viewsWhiterockin

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 07:19 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

Is the correct answer, and that goes for basically everything we do in the final third.

Dr you were very patient with Yates earlier in the season and were very supportive, I just wonder if your opinion is now the same. No malice intended, I'm just interested in your thoughts.
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 09:56 - Apr 9 with 804 viewsonehunglow

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 09:25 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Dr you were very patient with Yates earlier in the season and were very supportive, I just wonder if your opinion is now the same. No malice intended, I'm just interested in your thoughts.

Morning whitey
If I can interject
It’s where we are now that matters.
Yates was shyte to start with and fans wanting to see him bed down,get fit,get used to our “ style” etc.
Fact is ,we were taken from behind by Blackpool,mercilessly .
We are stuck with I’m ,as we are stuck with Grimes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:04 - Apr 9 with 799 viewsDr_Winston

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 09:25 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

I think he's clearly struggling for form and confidence and the way Williams wants to play doesn't suit him at all. It's not a coincidence that mort of his goals and better performances came whilst Duff was still here.

Unfortunately his card was marked from day one by some, and even when he does do reasonably well he still gets a slagging, which sums up much of our support sadly.

There is still a player in there somewhere, but it's probably going to take a parting.of the ways for either party to move on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:19 - Apr 9 with 774 viewsWhiterockin

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:04 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

I think he's clearly struggling for form and confidence and the way Williams wants to play doesn't suit him at all. It's not a coincidence that mort of his goals and better performances came whilst Duff was still here.

Unfortunately his card was marked from day one by some, and even when he does do reasonably well he still gets a slagging, which sums up much of our support sadly.

There is still a player in there somewhere, but it's probably going to take a parting.of the ways for either party to move on.

Thats fair. Personally I think he will be gone in the summer to a team that play two up front and will possibly score more goals. That said I hope he never plays for us again because his effort and commitment for us is non existent and thats without his lack of goalscoring. I know its not his style but I really wish make the defenders know he was there.
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:47 - Apr 9 with 759 viewsonehunglow

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:19 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Thats fair. Personally I think he will be gone in the summer to a team that play two up front and will possibly score more goals. That said I hope he never plays for us again because his effort and commitment for us is non existent and thats without his lack of goalscoring. I know its not his style but I really wish make the defenders know he was there.

Ronald has real pace ,which you are born with.
He also has skill
He can finish and has
Sadly, our coach,like others before him simply ruin players and favour the mediocre or inept for seasons best known to themselves
Ronald will be another talent lost to our club if he goes
I’d rather a Williams pack his bags ,frankly.

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:49 - Apr 9 with 755 viewsWhiterockin

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:47 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

He also has skill
He can finish and has
Sadly, our coach,like others before him simply ruin players and favour the mediocre or inept for seasons best known to themselves

Dr and myself were off thread and talking about Yates.
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:01 - Apr 9 with 732 viewsDr_Winston

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:49 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Dr and myself were off thread and talking about Yates.

Indeed.

Perhaps the most obvious thing about Ronald so far also is that he's not all that quick. Certainly not being helped by the slow ball he's getting, but far from rapid.

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:07 - Apr 9 with 725 viewsunion_jack

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 10:47 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

He also has skill
He can finish and has

You know, I’m not getting the same buzz that others are getting regarding Ronald.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player, mid championship maybe but very raw at the moment. This is not a criticism but I think we are placing too much store on this guy and regarding him as the next messiah. We need to be patient and give him time.

Much the same with Placheta. His pace hasn’t smacked me between the eyes which I thought he had in abundance. Again though, patience must be exercised and expectations managed.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:11 - Apr 9 with 711 viewsjack247

I’ve changed my mind on him.

I’m all for giving players time. The people who were slating him after 2 or 3 games were doing the same to Bony not so long ago.

Yates, sadly though seems to have deteriorated. He looked a nuisance earlier in the season, he didn’t have the physicality and was being asked to play a role that clearly didn’t suit him, but the endeavour and aggression were there.

Now, he’s not much more than a passenger. I can’t see anything other than him leaving cut price in the summer or going on loan early next season.
Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:15 - Apr 9 with 706 viewsonehunglow

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:07 - Apr 9 by union_jack

You know, I’m not getting the same buzz that others are getting regarding Ronald.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player, mid championship maybe but very raw at the moment. This is not a criticism but I think we are placing too much store on this guy and regarding him as the next messiah. We need to be patient and give him time.

Much the same with Placheta. His pace hasn’t smacked me between the eyes which I thought he had in abundance. Again though, patience must be exercised and expectations managed.

Morning Mr Union.
I think Ronald has something
As I say,he’s being ruined,as others have

We have form for this

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:43 - Apr 9 with 672 viewsBoundy

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 06:12 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

Earlier on he had Naughton behind him who played the ball early into space. With Key the space is getting cramped they need to work more together and when one goes down the line the other cuts inside for the ball to be laid off.

Agree , Naughton used the channels well which Ronald capitalised on with his pace , Key doesn't seem to have the same understanding with Ronald

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 12:08 - Apr 9 with 646 viewsPawelAbbott

Ronald fatigued after a promising start at Swansea City on 11:11 - Apr 9 by jack247

I’ve changed my mind on him.

I’m all for giving players time. The people who were slating him after 2 or 3 games were doing the same to Bony not so long ago.

Yates, sadly though seems to have deteriorated. He looked a nuisance earlier in the season, he didn’t have the physicality and was being asked to play a role that clearly didn’t suit him, but the endeavour and aggression were there.

Now, he’s not much more than a passenger. I can’t see anything other than him leaving cut price in the summer or going on loan early next season.

There has been numerous occasions where Yates could have had a tap in if he was willing to throw himself where he coukd get hurt. A couple in the Southampton game sprung to mind. It was on the line if he was willing to slide into the post at the same time. But, on each occasion he pulls out and misses the chance.
If you've not got much pace, not great in the air and you can't shoot for s@#t. Then at least put yourself about a bit.
[Post edited 9 Apr 12:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024