Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we are men on here today... 15:47 - Feb 5 with 9874 viewsTheResurrection

We'd not be throwing our toys out of our childish prams. We'd not be slaughtering our players who have stood up to a man the last few games and given their all.

We'd be grateful we've got a real chance at survival backed up by a stellar performance against some of the best players on earth.

That's as cruel as it gets and the second time on the bounce up there. But we went on and showed the courage to stay up after that pain last season, we can do the same this one.

Superb effort from the boys. Up the Jacks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

If we are men on here today... on 17:53 - Feb 5 with 1971 viewsTheResurrection

If we are men on here today... on 17:37 - Feb 5 by arnnie

Was only a couple of weeks ago you were slagging siggy off even calling for him to be sold, gone a bit quiet on that front after his winning goals against Liverpool and saints. As the saying goes form is temporary class is permanent. Siggy was is vital to us avoiding going down this season . His quality is there for everyone to see.

I was criticising Siggy. Yeah, you're right. I was right to criticise him. Why do some of you have a problem with that?

Have you not been watching this season? Siggy has had more than his fair share of poor performances - those deserve criticism, Simple as that.

My biggest problem with him, if you've been paying attention was him in the number 10 position. Thankfully Clement agrees with me.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

If we are men on here today... on 17:55 - Feb 5 with 1962 viewsarnnie

If we are men on here today... on 17:53 - Feb 5 by TheResurrection

I was criticising Siggy. Yeah, you're right. I was right to criticise him. Why do some of you have a problem with that?

Have you not been watching this season? Siggy has had more than his fair share of poor performances - those deserve criticism, Simple as that.

My biggest problem with him, if you've been paying attention was him in the number 10 position. Thankfully Clement agrees with me.

Did you really want us to sell him?
If we are men on here today... on 17:56 - Feb 5 with 1957 viewsTheResurrection

If we are men on here today... on 17:55 - Feb 5 by arnnie

Did you really want us to sell him?

It was a suggestion as I didn't think the Americans, to their credit, would fork out £20m "NET" in this transfer window.

If we are men on here today... on 17:57 - Feb 5 with 1952 viewsWxmJax

FF points at Jesus for Naughton to mark him and Naughton acknowledges this, then FF turns away to mark his man, the ball comes in over his head and Jesus just steps forward to head the ball unmarked while Naughton just looks on. No pun intended but you can't defend that. With a few minutes to go you should be busting a gut but no, all that good work undone. How do the other defenders gain confidence from that ?knowing one of your own is going to let you down so badly. If he'd challenged him in the air and lost out I could accept it but not that. I hope he gets a right rollicking for it because the softly softly approach just isn't going to work.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

If we are men on here today... on 18:02 - Feb 5 with 1938 viewsTheResurrection

If we are men on here today... on 17:57 - Feb 5 by WxmJax

FF points at Jesus for Naughton to mark him and Naughton acknowledges this, then FF turns away to mark his man, the ball comes in over his head and Jesus just steps forward to head the ball unmarked while Naughton just looks on. No pun intended but you can't defend that. With a few minutes to go you should be busting a gut but no, all that good work undone. How do the other defenders gain confidence from that ?knowing one of your own is going to let you down so badly. If he'd challenged him in the air and lost out I could accept it but not that. I hope he gets a right rollicking for it because the softly softly approach just isn't going to work.

It was his mistake, no question about it, no one is defending that.

The OTT scapegoating is something that's nasty and needs defending, however.

Players make mistakes - Mawson, Fede, Rangel, Cork, Amat even bloody Siggy (a few times) they've all done it and cost us points.

If you're going to go all out and slag players off for mistakes, it should be the same for every single player that makes one. It's not though!

If we are men on here today... on 18:10 - Feb 5 with 1889 viewsarnnie

If we are men on here today... on 17:56 - Feb 5 by TheResurrection

It was a suggestion as I didn't think the Americans, to their credit, would fork out £20m "NET" in this transfer window.

Keeping siggy was massive would have been madness to sell. Quality player who works his socks off for us.
If we are men on here today... on 18:21 - Feb 5 with 1858 viewsTheResurrection

If we are men on here today... on 18:10 - Feb 5 by arnnie

Keeping siggy was massive would have been madness to sell. Quality player who works his socks off for us.

It seems that way now as Clement has found a nice home for him and he's responding well.

Prior to the window Siggy was in and out of AM and we were lacking as a functioning unit. He was getting frustrated and trying to be everywhere and his performances were very poor.

Things have changed and for the better but nobody can genuinely deny the above, surely?

If we are men on here today... on 19:16 - Feb 5 with 1785 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

If we are men on here today... on 20:13 - Feb 5 with 1720 viewsStarsky

If we are men on here today... on 17:12 - Feb 5 by FerrieBodde

LMAAOOOOOOO. Literally right after I correctly state how much he enjoys picking fights with people online, how he always resorts to name calling, and how he loves berating people on the internet, he goes and posts that message telling me I'm thick as shit, that I'm a "little man who's got a huge chip on his shoulder" and how "I should shut the fack up a bit."

God, you can't make this stuff up. Thanks for proving me right sir, and completely on cue too. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Just stick to your regular routine of making threads and comments bashing Sigurdsson mate. Seriously. You're out of your league here.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 17:20]

You were calling us imbeciles on the other thread.
There is just as much aggression coming from you as the OP.

It's just the internet, init.

If we are men on here today... on 20:17 - Feb 5 with 1704 viewsarnnie

If we are men on here today... on 18:21 - Feb 5 by TheResurrection

It seems that way now as Clement has found a nice home for him and he's responding well.

Prior to the window Siggy was in and out of AM and we were lacking as a functioning unit. He was getting frustrated and trying to be everywhere and his performances were very poor.

Things have changed and for the better but nobody can genuinely deny the above, surely?

What I'm trying to say is we all have opinions some turn out to be right and some wrong. You had it wrong regarding siggy. Can't be right every time.
If we are men on here today... on 20:20 - Feb 5 with 1686 viewsStarsky

If we are men on here today... on 20:17 - Feb 5 by arnnie

What I'm trying to say is we all have opinions some turn out to be right and some wrong. You had it wrong regarding siggy. Can't be right every time.

He can't have been wrong or right... it was just his opinion. An opinion when Siggy was off the boil at the time.

If we are men on here today... on 20:25 - Feb 5 with 1662 viewsjack247

If we are men on here today... on 20:20 - Feb 5 by Starsky

He can't have been wrong or right... it was just his opinion. An opinion when Siggy was off the boil at the time.

He wanted to sell Siggy. He was wrong about that, well as wrong as an opinion can be. What Siggy actually needed was a manager who could get the best out of him. Same goes for Llorente. Hindsight I know.

Didn't agree with him at the time and don't now, but at least he backs his opinions up with reasoning and it was easy to see where he was coming from.
If we are men on here today... on 20:29 - Feb 5 with 1644 viewsarnnie

If we are men on here today... on 20:20 - Feb 5 by Starsky

People have been called clueless kunts for saying stuff of late.
If we are men on here today... on 20:32 - Feb 5 with 1629 viewsStarsky

If we are men on here today... on 20:29 - Feb 5 by arnnie

People have been called clueless kunts for saying stuff of late.

Yes, the board has a lot of anger today

If we are men on here today... on 20:33 - Feb 5 with 1623 viewsZZoric

Great thread and great to see the OP being positive in a rational way
If we are men on here today... on 20:38 - Feb 5 with 1598 viewsLoyal

If we are men on here today... on 16:59 - Feb 5 by dobjack2

Are we not men?

I got it 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If we are men on here today... on 20:49 - Feb 5 with 1564 viewsmorningstar

If we are men on here today... on 20:32 - Feb 5 by Starsky

Yes, the board has a lot of anger today

I'm gonna fvckin do you mush!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

If we are men on here today... on 22:33 - Feb 5 with 1493 viewsEbo

If we are men on here today... on 16:17 - Feb 5 by icecoldjack

Plenty if positives to work on.

Clement has given the players the know how that Bradley never could . That's clear to see, we are in with a great chance of staying up, gutting for the players today .

The galling thing is that had Clement been appointed when FG was sacked we'd be around the 27 point mark right now. 5/6 wins from 14 remaining - it's doable.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

If we are men on here today... on 22:51 - Feb 5 with 1469 viewsjack2jack

I was really gutted,if only we could have held on for a couple of minutes.But I tell you what I saw was organisation and a belief that we can go on and stay in this league,this was not the case under BB,we were almost dead and buried,but now I think we can do this,with PC in charge and the squad we have.Come on you Swans
If we are men on here today... on 23:15 - Feb 5 with 1455 viewsNirvana

I have seen this nonsense repeated countless times on here lately and needed to provide a little more context for such drivel. Sigurdsson is by far our best player and the team should be built around him to play to his strengths. That should be obvious.

Also obvious is the fact that hasn't happened, as Jenkins' idiotic, whatever is cheapest policy has left us with an extremely lopsided and limited squad of mostly throwaways. We were "lacking as a functioning unit" because of this, not because of one player, no matter who it is.

As far as "AM" and your dear "10" role go, either you are ignorant of the positional fluidity of modern football or are just trying to win an argument on semantics. Talking about these positions as if they are fixed points on a whiteboard is useless in analyzing what actually takes place during a game. Yes, Siggy may be nominally playing as a left winger but he spends most of his time in the center of the pitch, particularly when we are in possession. Watch the games back like you love saying to others and you will find nearly all of our good play stems from Siggy being central, either in the forward line or slightly behind. Pretending or much less shouting otherwise is evading reality.

Yes, Siggy's form has been up and down this season but almost all of that is strictly down to a poorly constructed squad and terrible management. Siggy lacks pace, everyone knows that.

In order for him to provide throughballs and for his flicks past a fullback to work there has to be someone on the other end, a winger with pace, half a brain, and average crossing ability. Sadly, none of ours can even really tick two of those boxes, except for Narsingh who seems semi-competent but tracks back like he's looking for his contacts in the opposition half. Routledge is a hard worker and usually provides good spacing but not much else. Simply put, he should be a sub to help close out a game or playing in the cups against lower competition. Montero and Barrow are lightning quick but either dumb as rocks or incredibly conceited. Both are frail, incredibly goal-shy, lack tactical awareness and need 20 attempts to put in one mediocre cross. Lump Dyer in there too but he isn't even worth mentioning because he has barely played and has looked terrible when he has. Our wingers are incredibly one-dimensional and none offers the creativity and work rate required of our system.

Our midfield looks much the same, a bunch of one-dimensional square pegs. Cork is a worker but not much else and seems to be lacking in composure and mental toughness, which are glaring weaknesses for someone who can only play DM. Ki would be great for Ligue 1 but is too slow and weak (mentally and physically) to be a holding midfielder and usually wants too much time on the ball to be effective. Leon has been phenomenal over the years but he's 34 and that should speak for itself. Fer is the closest to the total package we need but far far too often he is lazy tracking back to prevent or disrupt counterattacks and his focus is not the best. It is impossible to play any two of these together and expect to play "the Swansea Way" successfully.

Our fullbacks have been downright terrible the entire season, no way around that. Like Routledge and leon, angel is too old to be playing meaningful minutes in the premier league. Naughton and Taylor are absolute dog shite for different reasons but the functionality is the same. Kingsley has moments but seems to be getting dragged down with the rest.

Clement has seen all of this and rectified it as someone with his top-level experience would. Anyone who watches football will know that most of the top teams pack the midfield and force the opposition to attack from out wide by pressing high, usually using one of the midfielders to trigger the press. Once out wide they overload that side of the pitch and send 2 or 3 players to surround the ball and create a turnover to capitalize on in attack. One of the best ways to do this is to run a 451/4141 system that morphs into 442 when the midfielder presses. This is precisely what clement has done to maintain defensive solidity without sacrificing attacking efficiency.

Clement knows our wingers (bar routledge) won't defend, a necessity given our putrid fullbacks. He also realizes our midfield needs another body, particularly someone with a bit of pace and creativity. Thus, the switch to our current system to have a chance at controlling midfield while also being able to defend out wide. The additions of Carroll and Olsson have provided what we lacked in those positions and have made this system possible. One of the underrated perks of having Siggy play LM is that when he drifts inside it provides space down the left flank for Carroll and Olsson to exploit, which we saw with perfection against Liverpool. If any of our wingers were out there, the whole whirling-motion quickness and effectiveness of the move breaks down.

Last bit- I have seen the subtle digs at our playing style and the insinuation it is because of Siggy's deadball prowess. Sigurdsson is world class (yes, world class) from set pieces and that ability should be used thoroughly. It appears Jenkins thought the same, thus getting Llorente/Fer/Mawson/VDH to provide the headers that would be coming. Sadly, this has been the best part of our play this season and if anyone is to blame for that it is only Jenkins. He made our strengths. Playing to them is what the team has had to do. Criticizing posters for appreciating this (which you have done) shows you either don't care about the actual success of the club or you are just trying to be a troll. Fair play if you are because you are quite good at getting anger from a football forum. If not, start actually doing something meaningful with the club or community or start piping down with the alternative hot takes.

My book is finished and you can say whatever you want to me or about me but it won't get a response. This forum is a great source for anyone who supports Swansea and sadly people like you (and DYSS) have to be dealt with instead of just providing thoughtful posts. I would suggest prioritizing things in your life differently, but I'm not your psychiatrist. I admire your passion but a different outlet for your hatred would be of better use to you and this forum.
If we are men on here today... on 23:47 - Feb 5 with 1422 viewsTNT

If we are men on here today... on 20:38 - Feb 5 by Loyal

I got it 👍

No we are Devo!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

If we are men on here today... on 23:56 - Feb 5 with 1407 viewsbuilthjack

You wanted to ship him out mun.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If we are men on here today... on 00:20 - Feb 6 with 1386 viewsMillJack

If we are men on here today... on 17:00 - Feb 5 by perchrockjack

It's ok nige

Ive got more time in than you

Disagree?

You never could feckn handle it

Now then, explain just how those jerks deserve praise

Off yer go ,while I check on the Crumble

If you thought that Cork was poor today, or on Tuesday night for that matter, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

And I'm not a massive Cork fan by the way.
If we are men on here today... on 00:48 - Feb 6 with 1368 viewsNeathJack

If we are men on here today... on 23:15 - Feb 5 by Nirvana

I have seen this nonsense repeated countless times on here lately and needed to provide a little more context for such drivel. Sigurdsson is by far our best player and the team should be built around him to play to his strengths. That should be obvious.

Also obvious is the fact that hasn't happened, as Jenkins' idiotic, whatever is cheapest policy has left us with an extremely lopsided and limited squad of mostly throwaways. We were "lacking as a functioning unit" because of this, not because of one player, no matter who it is.

As far as "AM" and your dear "10" role go, either you are ignorant of the positional fluidity of modern football or are just trying to win an argument on semantics. Talking about these positions as if they are fixed points on a whiteboard is useless in analyzing what actually takes place during a game. Yes, Siggy may be nominally playing as a left winger but he spends most of his time in the center of the pitch, particularly when we are in possession. Watch the games back like you love saying to others and you will find nearly all of our good play stems from Siggy being central, either in the forward line or slightly behind. Pretending or much less shouting otherwise is evading reality.

Yes, Siggy's form has been up and down this season but almost all of that is strictly down to a poorly constructed squad and terrible management. Siggy lacks pace, everyone knows that.

In order for him to provide throughballs and for his flicks past a fullback to work there has to be someone on the other end, a winger with pace, half a brain, and average crossing ability. Sadly, none of ours can even really tick two of those boxes, except for Narsingh who seems semi-competent but tracks back like he's looking for his contacts in the opposition half. Routledge is a hard worker and usually provides good spacing but not much else. Simply put, he should be a sub to help close out a game or playing in the cups against lower competition. Montero and Barrow are lightning quick but either dumb as rocks or incredibly conceited. Both are frail, incredibly goal-shy, lack tactical awareness and need 20 attempts to put in one mediocre cross. Lump Dyer in there too but he isn't even worth mentioning because he has barely played and has looked terrible when he has. Our wingers are incredibly one-dimensional and none offers the creativity and work rate required of our system.

Our midfield looks much the same, a bunch of one-dimensional square pegs. Cork is a worker but not much else and seems to be lacking in composure and mental toughness, which are glaring weaknesses for someone who can only play DM. Ki would be great for Ligue 1 but is too slow and weak (mentally and physically) to be a holding midfielder and usually wants too much time on the ball to be effective. Leon has been phenomenal over the years but he's 34 and that should speak for itself. Fer is the closest to the total package we need but far far too often he is lazy tracking back to prevent or disrupt counterattacks and his focus is not the best. It is impossible to play any two of these together and expect to play "the Swansea Way" successfully.

Our fullbacks have been downright terrible the entire season, no way around that. Like Routledge and leon, angel is too old to be playing meaningful minutes in the premier league. Naughton and Taylor are absolute dog shite for different reasons but the functionality is the same. Kingsley has moments but seems to be getting dragged down with the rest.

Clement has seen all of this and rectified it as someone with his top-level experience would. Anyone who watches football will know that most of the top teams pack the midfield and force the opposition to attack from out wide by pressing high, usually using one of the midfielders to trigger the press. Once out wide they overload that side of the pitch and send 2 or 3 players to surround the ball and create a turnover to capitalize on in attack. One of the best ways to do this is to run a 451/4141 system that morphs into 442 when the midfielder presses. This is precisely what clement has done to maintain defensive solidity without sacrificing attacking efficiency.

Clement knows our wingers (bar routledge) won't defend, a necessity given our putrid fullbacks. He also realizes our midfield needs another body, particularly someone with a bit of pace and creativity. Thus, the switch to our current system to have a chance at controlling midfield while also being able to defend out wide. The additions of Carroll and Olsson have provided what we lacked in those positions and have made this system possible. One of the underrated perks of having Siggy play LM is that when he drifts inside it provides space down the left flank for Carroll and Olsson to exploit, which we saw with perfection against Liverpool. If any of our wingers were out there, the whole whirling-motion quickness and effectiveness of the move breaks down.

Last bit- I have seen the subtle digs at our playing style and the insinuation it is because of Siggy's deadball prowess. Sigurdsson is world class (yes, world class) from set pieces and that ability should be used thoroughly. It appears Jenkins thought the same, thus getting Llorente/Fer/Mawson/VDH to provide the headers that would be coming. Sadly, this has been the best part of our play this season and if anyone is to blame for that it is only Jenkins. He made our strengths. Playing to them is what the team has had to do. Criticizing posters for appreciating this (which you have done) shows you either don't care about the actual success of the club or you are just trying to be a troll. Fair play if you are because you are quite good at getting anger from a football forum. If not, start actually doing something meaningful with the club or community or start piping down with the alternative hot takes.

My book is finished and you can say whatever you want to me or about me but it won't get a response. This forum is a great source for anyone who supports Swansea and sadly people like you (and DYSS) have to be dealt with instead of just providing thoughtful posts. I would suggest prioritizing things in your life differently, but I'm not your psychiatrist. I admire your passion but a different outlet for your hatred would be of better use to you and this forum.

Post of the year so far.
If we are men on here today... on 01:03 - Feb 6 with 1352 viewsSlugster664

If we are men on here today... on 23:15 - Feb 5 by Nirvana

Rarely post on here because of the 'regulars' spouting sh1te...but wow, just wow 👏👏👏👏👏 Thank you sir 👍

STID

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024