Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Cricket Thread 11:21 - Jun 12 with 20338 viewstoboboly

New Summer, new England.

Same old story though - 13-1 after just a few overs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:28 - Jul 19 with 2068 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:15 - Jul 19 by flynnbo

More for Kumar who's just got 6 wickets at Lord's. First time by an Indian since Bishen Bedi 40 odd years ago.

Anderson to get his maiden century!

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:33 - Jul 19 with 2065 viewsflynnbo

Just noticed the chant seems to be for Jadeja.
Summer Cricket Thread on 12:37 - Jul 19 with 2061 viewsfacto

never got my head round cricket.....5 days n its a 'draw' !!! wtf is that all about...no wonder about 6 people watch county cricket....dont mind the big old bashes though!
Summer Cricket Thread on 17:28 - Aug 27 with 1734 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR win at Watford and England romping to victory against South Africa. What a day!!!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:51 - Aug 27 with 1716 viewsted_hendrix

That was one hell of a win today from England, South Africa lost five wickets for seven runs in 31 balls.
Tremendous bowling from England at the death.

QPR's result today makes It a cracking good Saturday for once.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:57 - Aug 27 with 1703 viewsManinBlack

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:51 - Aug 27 by ted_hendrix

That was one hell of a win today from England, South Africa lost five wickets for seven runs in 31 balls.

It certainly does. Great day.

I see the Lionesses are at the Arsenal v Fulham game. I hope Chloe boycotted it and went to Watford!
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:57 - Aug 27 with 1646 viewsDamo1962

Perfect day. And my second team Wealdstone top of the League.
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:59 - Aug 27 with 1648 viewsDWQPR

That young bowler, Anderson looks one hell of a prospect!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Cricket Thread on 10:42 - Sep 3 with 1525 viewstoboboly

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/sep/02/the-hundred-and-its-pyrotechn

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:11 - Sep 3 with 1479 viewsjohnhoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 10:42 - Sep 3 by toboboly

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/sep/02/the-hundred-and-its-pyrotechn

Thanks for the link, interesting article but getting back to actual cricket how unlucky is Jonny Bairstow? In the form of his or almost anyone else’s life this year and he goes and breaks his leg on a golf course.
Summer Cricket Thread on 10:52 - Sep 6 with 1370 viewsBoston

Major League Cricket, supposed to commence next summer. Big money, big expectations - doubt it will get very far.
Cricket, it's just not baseball.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:24 - Sep 6 with 1339 viewsTheChef

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:11 - Sep 3 by johnhoop

Thanks for the link, interesting article but getting back to actual cricket how unlucky is Jonny Bairstow? In the form of his or almost anyone else’s life this year and he goes and breaks his leg on a golf course.

Something very suspect about all that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:45 - Sep 6 with 1306 viewsslmrstid

Sort of cricket related, but I'm currently in a battle with the ECB Finance Department. After I did the mascot race at the T20 Finals we were all told we'd have our travel expenses for the day paid.

My expense claim was submitted the Monday after the Finals Day and the skanky fkrs still haven't paid it. My last email to them on Friday pointed out that the event was in July and it is now September.

Think I might have to try and start charging them late payment interest soon...
Summer Cricket Thread on 12:21 - Sep 6 with 1275 viewsSuperhoops2808

Again, away from international cricket but curious to know thoughts on this from other cricket fans.

The RL 50 (otherwise known as the one-day cup) has been severely watered down as a result of the 100 and many sides lost 8 or so players to the 100. Anyway, that finished at the weekend and the RL 50 cup final is on the 17th Sept.

Cutting to the chase, as a Kent member, we by some miracle made the final with the evergreen Darren Stevens performing heroically at the age of 46. Our opponents will be Lancashire.

The Kent management came out and said that none of the players that played in the 100 will be in the final because that would be unfair on the squad that played all the games leading up to the final.

Lancashire, however, have said that they will be fielding their strongest possible side regardless of whether or not they played in the 100.

This made me think of things like the Carabao cup with the big teams play reserve players in the early rounds before dumping them for the 'superstars'

What are thoughts on this from other cricket fans? Twitter went into meltdown yesterday with even Lancashire fans saying they hope they lose.
Summer Cricket Thread on 12:46 - Sep 6 with 1250 viewsflynnbo

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:24 - Sep 6 by TheChef

Something very suspect about all that.

I was playing in the nets at Lord’s last night and the conversation got around to Bairstow’s “accident”. One suggestion was that Stokes had decided to rugby tackle him and it all went Pete Tong. Allegedly, bien sûr.
Summer Cricket Thread on 13:15 - Sep 6 with 1229 viewsplasmahoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:21 - Sep 6 by Superhoops2808

Again, away from international cricket but curious to know thoughts on this from other cricket fans.

The RL 50 (otherwise known as the one-day cup) has been severely watered down as a result of the 100 and many sides lost 8 or so players to the 100. Anyway, that finished at the weekend and the RL 50 cup final is on the 17th Sept.

Cutting to the chase, as a Kent member, we by some miracle made the final with the evergreen Darren Stevens performing heroically at the age of 46. Our opponents will be Lancashire.

The Kent management came out and said that none of the players that played in the 100 will be in the final because that would be unfair on the squad that played all the games leading up to the final.

Lancashire, however, have said that they will be fielding their strongest possible side regardless of whether or not they played in the 100.

This made me think of things like the Carabao cup with the big teams play reserve players in the early rounds before dumping them for the 'superstars'

What are thoughts on this from other cricket fans? Twitter went into meltdown yesterday with even Lancashire fans saying they hope they lose.

I'm a bit torn on this. Even years ago, middlesex and kent used to have lots of england players, so they might miss the early rounds, but they would all come back in when it got to the final. Trouble Is it's more extreme now and it's not even a Lords final at the end of it. Fair play to Kent for doing that though, it's one of those situations where people will moan either way. If they win(probably unlikely if Anderson, livingstone etc play,) then great, but if they lose, why didn't you play crawley, billings etc. On the other hand if they did play them and lose everyone would moan a lot more!
But it is professional sport, and it is silverware. Can Lancashire really be blamed for doing that?
Anyway, hopefully it's written in the stars that stevo gets a ton and kent win
Summer Cricket Thread on 13:16 - Sep 6 with 1222 viewsTheChef

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:46 - Sep 6 by flynnbo

I was playing in the nets at Lord’s last night and the conversation got around to Bairstow’s “accident”. One suggestion was that Stokes had decided to rugby tackle him and it all went Pete Tong. Allegedly, bien sûr.

Yes I heard that too, Bairstow denied it of course.

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:30 - Sep 6 with 1206 viewsSuperhoops2808

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:15 - Sep 6 by plasmahoop

I'm a bit torn on this. Even years ago, middlesex and kent used to have lots of england players, so they might miss the early rounds, but they would all come back in when it got to the final. Trouble Is it's more extreme now and it's not even a Lords final at the end of it. Fair play to Kent for doing that though, it's one of those situations where people will moan either way. If they win(probably unlikely if Anderson, livingstone etc play,) then great, but if they lose, why didn't you play crawley, billings etc. On the other hand if they did play them and lose everyone would moan a lot more!
But it is professional sport, and it is silverware. Can Lancashire really be blamed for doing that?

For me, Internationals are different... With the 100 you can make yourself unavailable for that but you wouldnt for an International.

But yep, hopefully it will be like last year... Didnt work for Durham then
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:00 - Sep 6 with 1182 viewsDWQPR

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:15 - Sep 6 by plasmahoop

Back in the day the GIllette/Natwest Cup and the B&H Cup were knock out competitions with teams playing a minimum of one game and a maximum of 5 games including the final. It freed up the calendar and matches were scheduled between tests meaning each county could field their best players. And the crowds were decent with many a sell out for counties, because it was a proper cup competition with no dead rubbers to contend with. If the ECB had the foresight to look back in history and reinvent the One Day Cup as a genuine cup competition spread throughout the summer then it could once again be a great competition, played by the top players with a great final at Lords again with partisan crowds.

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:29 - Sep 6 with 1151 viewsE17hoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 12:21 - Sep 6 by Superhoops2808

We - Surrey - have been decimated with England call ups. Jacks, Roy, Topley, Curran, and Jordan were in ODI, T20 and Test squads so for the team to be unbeaten in the County Championship is pretty unbelievable. It also explains why our T20 and RL cup teams were so poor.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:17 - Sep 6 with 1105 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:29 - Sep 6 by E17hoop

We - Surrey - have been decimated with England call ups. Jacks, Roy, Topley, Curran, and Jordan were in ODI, T20 and Test squads so for the team to be unbeaten in the County Championship is pretty unbelievable. It also explains why our T20 and RL cup teams were so poor.

Your T20 team was absolutely stacked! And when Pollard left you signed someone else.. granted the QF’s clashed with the England white ball (due to the Indian test rearranged) but York’s also lost Several players
Summer Cricket Thread on 17:23 - Sep 6 with 1080 viewsplasmahoop

Summer Cricket Thread on 13:30 - Sep 6 by Superhoops2808

For me, Internationals are different... With the 100 you can make yourself unavailable for that but you wouldnt for an International.

But yep, hopefully it will be like last year... Didnt work for Durham then

Presumably kent aren't playing crawley either though. Maybe that should be the distinction, internationalsv hundred players
Summer Cricket Thread on 19:32 - Sep 6 with 1050 viewsSuperhoops2808

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:29 - Sep 6 by E17hoop

I am with Thame - Your Surrey team was loaded. You just choked at the crucial time. I saw you at Canterbury and you comprehensively beat us - Yes, your RL50 team was decimated but the T20 had the likes of Will Jacks, Jason Roy, Sam Curran, Jamie Overton, Chris Jordan and Reece Topley... So lets not give it the 'poor old Surrey' please!!
Summer Cricket Thread on 08:21 - Sep 7 with 989 viewsTheChef

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:32 - Sep 6 by Superhoops2808

I am with Thame - Your Surrey team was loaded. You just choked at the crucial time. I saw you at Canterbury and you comprehensively beat us - Yes, your RL50 team was decimated but the T20 had the likes of Will Jacks, Jason Roy, Sam Curran, Jamie Overton, Chris Jordan and Reece Topley... So lets not give it the 'poor old Surrey' please!!

Especially the 'poor' bit!

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:01 - Sep 7 with 964 viewsDWQPR

Summer Cricket Thread on 08:21 - Sep 7 by TheChef

Especially the 'poor' bit!

They’ll suffer a bit if Strauss’s proposals about no overseas players in the county championship bears fruit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024