Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Cricket Thread 11:21 - Jun 12 with 20336 viewstoboboly

New Summer, new England.

Same old story though - 13-1 after just a few overs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:56 - Apr 5 with 2179 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:36 - Apr 5 by DWQPR

Just bought my first Middlesex membership. £190 for the year and free access to all home matches of whatever version of the game, access to the pavilion and also to quite a few events too. And for an additional £50 can bring a guest along as well. Maximum of 40 days of cricket, which is one hell of a bargain. Looking forward to a great season on cricket both on the county and international level. First day for me will be Saturday, hopefully Bazball hasn’t quite migrated to the county game otherwise it could all be over by Friday.

It’s my opinion that Middlesex don’t promote their membership enough. It is fantastic value.

The £50 friends pass thing is annoying as it was free for members for the last two years, but that was a thank you for paying membership during Covid. But still, great value if you know someone that wants to go regularly with you.

I will be there tomorrow afternoon for the last couple of sessions and will pop in over the weekend. We will be sat in the middlesex room, away from the cold.

I’ve caught some of the IPL when I get in from work, saw some at the weekend, they have got to get away from these 4hr games. I’m not sure why the 90 minutes per innings isn’t being enforced
Summer Cricket Thread on 19:58 - Apr 5 with 2176 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 17:42 - Apr 5 by denhamhoop2

Will be at Lords tomorrow think it will be a very hard season for Middlesex not sure the bowling is up to it in the top flight and the batting relies heavily on the Top 3 but who knows would be great to have a couple of wins over the Brown Crappers

It was disappointing to see AFRIDI Sign for notts in the blast. Considering how we bent over backwards for him last year, and the reason given was that we were looking at a long-term agreement with him.
Summer Cricket Thread on 21:24 - Apr 5 with 2117 viewsDWQPR

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:56 - Apr 5 by thame_hoops

It’s my opinion that Middlesex don’t promote their membership enough. It is fantastic value.

The £50 friends pass thing is annoying as it was free for members for the last two years, but that was a thank you for paying membership during Covid. But still, great value if you know someone that wants to go regularly with you.

I will be there tomorrow afternoon for the last couple of sessions and will pop in over the weekend. We will be sat in the middlesex room, away from the cold.

I’ve caught some of the IPL when I get in from work, saw some at the weekend, they have got to get away from these 4hr games. I’m not sure why the 90 minutes per innings isn’t being enforced

Was listening to a report on Talksport the other day where the authorities in Baseball have introduced a 15 second rule for pitchers which has reduced the times of games by up to 30 minutes. Could be valid for T20. Each innings should last no more than 1 hour 20 minutes allowing for a 15 over per hour rate. 20 minutes between innings and you have three hours. It’s difficult to adjudicate because batsmen are just as culpable in slowing the game down as the bowlers, but if a time limit on each ball is imposed then if the batsman isn’t ready then tough.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:46 - Apr 5 with 2109 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:24 - Apr 5 by DWQPR

Was listening to a report on Talksport the other day where the authorities in Baseball have introduced a 15 second rule for pitchers which has reduced the times of games by up to 30 minutes. Could be valid for T20. Each innings should last no more than 1 hour 20 minutes allowing for a 15 over per hour rate. 20 minutes between innings and you have three hours. It’s difficult to adjudicate because batsmen are just as culpable in slowing the game down as the bowlers, but if a time limit on each ball is imposed then if the batsman isn’t ready then tough.

Baseball is another one of my loves. What you are referring to is the pitch clock. Traditionalists are hating it, but like you say, some games are lasting a little over two hours. Ideal for casual fans.
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:53 - Apr 9 with 1966 viewsR_from_afar

If you love cricket you absolutely must watch the highlights of The Gujarat Titans v KKR! The highlights will be available at iplt20.com at some point.

I'm not going to tell you what happened, but man alive, I am in shock! Fabulous stuff 👏

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:43 - Apr 9 with 1902 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:53 - Apr 9 by R_from_afar

If you love cricket you absolutely must watch the highlights of The Gujarat Titans v KKR! The highlights will be available at iplt20.com at some point.

I'm not going to tell you what happened, but man alive, I am in shock! Fabulous stuff 👏

I stopped watching when they lost 5 quick wickets. Unbelievable
Summer Cricket Thread on 16:50 - Apr 9 with 1883 viewsR_from_afar

Summer Cricket Thread on 16:43 - Apr 9 by thame_hoops

I stopped watching when they lost 5 quick wickets. Unbelievable

I must admit that I was very tempted to turn over to the Palace game at that point. What a finale, though

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:21 - Apr 9 with 1826 viewsSuperhoops2808

So as a holder of Kent membership for me and the wife, over the moon with a victory in the opening match for the first time in 6 years, and that was without an overseas player in sight and one of our main bowlers limping off during the 2nd innings.

Zak Crawley hit a beautiful 91 in the first innings with a quality mix of attack and defence - Now needs to take that into the England side.

Overall, I am now focusing on the cricket season. Football (and QPR) can go fcuk themselves
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Cricket Thread on 20:18 - Apr 9 with 1799 viewsQueeg

I too am a Middlesex fan (born in Central Middlesex hospital) and I didnt realise they had that offer mentioned. It does seem good value and I love Lords. Living South of the river most of my life and going to school within a (big) stones throw of the Oval I seem to find myself there more often than Lords even if mostly for Surrey v Middelsex in the T20 blast. The India test match at the Oval a few years ago was an absolute joy to be a part of.

As for that KKR game today well......."spank my arse and call me Charlie". Unreal.
Summer Cricket Thread on 22:19 - Apr 9 with 1749 viewsLoyalitat

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:21 - Apr 9 by Superhoops2808

So as a holder of Kent membership for me and the wife, over the moon with a victory in the opening match for the first time in 6 years, and that was without an overseas player in sight and one of our main bowlers limping off during the 2nd innings.

Zak Crawley hit a beautiful 91 in the first innings with a quality mix of attack and defence - Now needs to take that into the England side.

Overall, I am now focusing on the cricket season. Football (and QPR) can go fcuk themselves

Totally agree with your last sentence. Might just watch days two and three at the ECG (Chelmsford) next week against Lancashire instead of making the effort down to Loftus Road for more aimless hoof ball.

Good to read that Kent fielded an entire team comprising no overseas players. I think your batting line-up is one of the best in the division. At present: Crawley, Compton, DBD, Denly, Leaning, Cox, Evison (good young all-rounder), Billabong. Far more robust than the brittle batting line-up of Essex, Alistair Cook excepted. I predict big things for your young bowler, Gilchrist, should injuries not continue to stymy his progress. I was impressed with what I saw of him last season.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 19:09]
Summer Cricket Thread on 18:25 - Apr 10 with 1633 viewsthame_hoops

Decent game going on now in the IPL
Summer Cricket Thread on 19:04 - Apr 10 with 1623 viewsthame_hoops

What a superb finish, it’s not often you see a failed mankad attempted on the last ball. Justice was probably served there
Summer Cricket Thread on 21:08 - Apr 10 with 1598 viewsSuperhoops2808

Summer Cricket Thread on 22:19 - Apr 9 by Loyalitat

Totally agree with your last sentence. Might just watch days two and three at the ECG (Chelmsford) next week against Lancashire instead of making the effort down to Loftus Road for more aimless hoof ball.

Good to read that Kent fielded an entire team comprising no overseas players. I think your batting line-up is one of the best in the division. At present: Crawley, Compton, DBD, Denly, Leaning, Cox, Evison (good young all-rounder), Billabong. Far more robust than the brittle batting line-up of Essex, Alistair Cook excepted. I predict big things for your young bowler, Gilchrist, should injuries not continue to stymy his progress. I was impressed with what I saw of him last season.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 19:09]

Not only that, we have Harry Finch and Tawanda Muyeye (the latter considered the biggest talent since the likes of Jos Butler and Jonny Bairstow) who cannot force their way into the batting line up we are very happy with that side of things.

But our bowling is too fragile for comfort. Many members wanted Darren Stevens given another year (not me) but we will never know if that was the correct decision. I have had the pleasure of meeting 'Gilly' a few times and he is a really grounded guy who played for the England Lions this winter in Sri Lanka and gave a solid account of himself. Injuries as you say have hampered him but in the RL final last year he got hammered around for 5 overs before coming back towards the death and bowling superbly. The fact he is a scum supporter is not good though and I did give him stick about that!!!

Perhaps you should pop down to Canterbury in a few weekends time and we can meet up and have a beer - Not sure what the season holds for us, but we certainly need to strengthen our bowling attack.
Summer Cricket Thread on 21:38 - Apr 10 with 1564 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:08 - Apr 10 by Superhoops2808

Not only that, we have Harry Finch and Tawanda Muyeye (the latter considered the biggest talent since the likes of Jos Butler and Jonny Bairstow) who cannot force their way into the batting line up we are very happy with that side of things.

But our bowling is too fragile for comfort. Many members wanted Darren Stevens given another year (not me) but we will never know if that was the correct decision. I have had the pleasure of meeting 'Gilly' a few times and he is a really grounded guy who played for the England Lions this winter in Sri Lanka and gave a solid account of himself. Injuries as you say have hampered him but in the RL final last year he got hammered around for 5 overs before coming back towards the death and bowling superbly. The fact he is a scum supporter is not good though and I did give him stick about that!!!

Perhaps you should pop down to Canterbury in a few weekends time and we can meet up and have a beer - Not sure what the season holds for us, but we certainly need to strengthen our bowling attack.

Kent play Middx at lords 27th - 30th April in the CC
Summer Cricket Thread on 22:43 - Apr 11 with 1447 viewsSuperhoops2808

Summer Cricket Thread on 21:38 - Apr 10 by thame_hoops

Kent play Middx at lords 27th - 30th April in the CC

Misread earlier sorry, when you said going to Chelmsford. I will look at my duties and see what I can do
Summer Cricket Thread on 23:30 - Apr 11 with 1406 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer, summer...rings a bell....don't tell me....isn't that where there's some sort of yellow thing in the sky?

Still. Cricket. Bring it on. Get QPR to the end of the season without relegation, and let me dream of The Ashes and Middlesex consolidating themselves in the 1st Division.
Summer Cricket Thread on 08:47 - Apr 12 with 1344 viewstoboboly

Gonna try and get to Hove, Chelmsford and Canterbury at some point over the summer, never been to any of them.

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:31 - Apr 12 with 1327 viewsthame_hoops

Summer Cricket Thread on 08:47 - Apr 12 by toboboly

Gonna try and get to Hove, Chelmsford and Canterbury at some point over the summer, never been to any of them.

Sophia gardens is decent too if you haven’t been. It’s in a really nice part of Cardiff, lots of cheaper hotels and nice bars/restaurants that are away from the centre.
Summer Cricket Thread on 10:31 - Apr 12 with 1305 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Summer which has the potential to be amazing drama throughout....ah cannot wait

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Summer Cricket Thread on 10:36 - Apr 12 with 1300 viewsdenhamhoop2

Summer Cricket Thread on 08:47 - Apr 12 by toboboly

Canterbury very scenic Hove is a tidy little ground though being a Middlesex have very few good memories too many times Kirtley and Martin-Jenkins ripping through us Chelmsford on a Friday night is very lively and 2 or 3 fantastic pubs nearby for pre and post match drinks
Summer Cricket Thread on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 1290 viewstoboboly

Summer Cricket Thread on 09:31 - Apr 12 by thame_hoops

Sophia gardens is decent too if you haven’t been. It’s in a really nice part of Cardiff, lots of cheaper hotels and nice bars/restaurants that are away from the centre.

Managed to get there on a beautiful day to see England beat India in a T20 in 2018. Good game and a great night afterwards

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:15 - Apr 12 with 1264 viewsGaryBannister86

Summer Cricket Thread on 19:21 - Apr 9 by Superhoops2808

Thought I was the only QPR and Kent fan in existence....fantastic.

Totally agree the batting is in place but the bowling has been powderpuff for years and I don't see much change. Gutted that we couldn't get Matt Henry back.

Also nice to see Bilbo actually concentrating on us rather than reverse sweeping some drinks on to the field at some franchise silly cricket league.
Summer Cricket Thread on 13:40 - Apr 12 with 1195 viewsMedwayR

Summer Cricket Thread on 11:15 - Apr 12 by GaryBannister86

Thought I was the only QPR and Kent fan in existence....fantastic.

Totally agree the batting is in place but the bowling has been powderpuff for years and I don't see much change. Gutted that we couldn't get Matt Henry back.

Also nice to see Bilbo actually concentrating on us rather than reverse sweeping some drinks on to the field at some franchise silly cricket league.

Theres a few of us.

Poll: Who’s better?

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:06 - Apr 12 with 1173 viewsHoopstar

Anyone else play a bit?

Coming out of retirement this year and playing in the 3rds and 4ths for my local team in the lower echelons of the Sussex leagues. Last played seriously when I was 21 so a while ago now.

Amazed how high the standard is in our firsts who play I the second division - overseas players and everything.
Summer Cricket Thread on 14:30 - Apr 12 with 1148 viewsGaryBannister86

Summer Cricket Thread on 14:06 - Apr 12 by Hoopstar

Anyone else play a bit?

Coming out of retirement this year and playing in the 3rds and 4ths for my local team in the lower echelons of the Sussex leagues. Last played seriously when I was 21 so a while ago now.

Amazed how high the standard is in our firsts who play I the second division - overseas players and everything.

Too old to play these days so took up umpiring. Really enjoy it. Do the 2ndXI and as you say the standard is incredible.

Hoping to do a few more this summer and progress - if I could ever get to stand at a professional ground I would die a happy man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024