Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice touch from Danny Simpson 10:29 - Nov 25 with 6982 viewsJigsore

Remind me why we got rid of him again

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 10:34 - Nov 25 with 5446 viewsfrancisbowles

Maybe because he is out till after midnight when he should be asleep and rested for training!

Just joking, good of him to show his support.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 10:38 - Nov 25 with 5419 viewsJamie

Because 'we' (aka Arry) felt it was 'in everyone's best interest that he leave'.

Translation, it was £2m that could he spent elsewhere.

#notafckingwheelerdealer

#krancjarloanfee

#triffic
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 12:57 - Nov 25 with 5137 viewsdaveB

I'd have liked him to stay but signed on a free and sold for 2million is not a bad bit of business for a club up to it's eyeballs in debt and for a player who wasn't going to play.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 13:51 - Nov 25 with 5022 viewswhittocksRs

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 12:57 - Nov 25 by daveB

I'd have liked him to stay but signed on a free and sold for 2million is not a bad bit of business for a club up to it's eyeballs in debt and for a player who wasn't going to play.

Pretty sure he would have played at least half our games this season so far, and for a club £177m in debt at the last count, £2m is like pinching a quid from the bank. No logic in selling him.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:11 - Nov 25 with 4985 viewssimmo

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 12:57 - Nov 25 by daveB

Absolute rubbish. He would have played plenty this year and at least meant that if our only first choice RB was unavailable (like Saturday) we would have had a natural replacement to step in.

Selling him was a complete farce based on the fact he wasn't a natural wing back, something that doesnt mean fck all now we've abandoned the system.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:14 - Nov 25 with 4980 viewsNorthernr

It was a vintage bit of Redknapp on the deadline business - done with zero forethought for the sake of completing a deal and getting some money moving around.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:20 - Nov 25 with 4952 viewsdaveB

I know in hindsight he would have played plenty but at the time it didn't look like he would.

I would have liked to see him stay until January as cover but it was a good offer and we already had Isla and Ned to play right back.Must be one of the only times we've made a profit on a player in recent years. Ideally Traore would have gone and Simpson stayed when we were trying to sell the pair of them but things rarely work out for us.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:24 - Nov 25 with 4945 viewsToast_R

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:20 - Nov 25 by daveB

I know in hindsight he would have played plenty but at the time it didn't look like he would.

I would have liked to see him stay until January as cover but it was a good offer and we already had Isla and Ned to play right back.Must be one of the only times we've made a profit on a player in recent years. Ideally Traore would have gone and Simpson stayed when we were trying to sell the pair of them but things rarely work out for us.

Not all that keen on Ned at Right Back though, looks like an accident waiting to happen and we lose the attacking threat on that side.

Real dopey move by HR that one. Can see him flogging Austin if an offer comes in and Defoe is in the bag.
Login to get fewer ads

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:25 - Nov 25 with 4943 viewsNorthernr

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:20 - Nov 25 by daveB

The profit we made is an absolute pittance given what we're spending. £10m Sandro, £8m Fer, £5m Mutch, who knows what on the Chileans, plus the wages, plsu the existing wages, plus everything else - but we made £1m flogging Danny Simpson. That's like me looking at the money I spend going to QPR every year and deciding the solution to any resulting financial problems is not to have a yoghurt with lunch.

And I don't think this is even with hindsight - 95% of people said at the time it made no sense whatsoever.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:26 - Nov 25 with 4941 viewsdaveB

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:24 - Nov 25 by Toast_R

Not all that keen on Ned at Right Back though, looks like an accident waiting to happen and we lose the attacking threat on that side.

Real dopey move by HR that one. Can see him flogging Austin if an offer comes in and Defoe is in the bag.

me either but as a business decision to sign for nothing and sell for 2 million then it's pretty good. If you look at purely from a football point of view it was pretty daft to sell him especially when we used the money on Sandro.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:29 - Nov 25 with 4934 viewsBrianMcCarthy

One of the most idiotic and shortsighted bits of business in recent years, which is saying something at our club.

The point that he was signed on a free also ceases to be relevant as soon as the ink is dry, so it shouldn't excuse bad business at a later date. if I bought my house on the cheap it's hardly going to convince me to hock it for a crap price later on and sleep in the shed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:31 - Nov 25 with 4920 viewsstuabd

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:25 - Nov 25 by Northernr

The profit we made is an absolute pittance given what we're spending. £10m Sandro, £8m Fer, £5m Mutch, who knows what on the Chileans, plus the wages, plsu the existing wages, plus everything else - but we made £1m flogging Danny Simpson. That's like me looking at the money I spend going to QPR every year and deciding the solution to any resulting financial problems is not to have a yoghurt with lunch.

And I don't think this is even with hindsight - 95% of people said at the time it made no sense whatsoever.

We should have kept him pure and simple. You have a player that can do a job in the premiership. And guess what, if, in the fairly likely event you get relegated, you have a defender who is a proven asset in the championship. Plays week in week out. Good club man. Madness selling him.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:39 - Nov 25 with 4905 viewsMarc

Yes a nice touch, but he was sold for football reasons (deemed not good enough by those in charge) not for the way he conducts himself on social media.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:40 - Nov 25 with 4900 viewsNorthernr

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:39 - Nov 25 by Marc

Yes a nice touch, but he was sold for football reasons (deemed not good enough by those in charge) not for the way he conducts himself on social media.

Football reasons that have turned out to be a crock of sht.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:44 - Nov 25 with 4888 viewsDiscodroids

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:39 - Nov 25 by Marc

hey up marc !!

, aint seen you on the board for a while!!..forgot about your signature.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:49 - Nov 25 with 4870 viewsMarc

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:40 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Agreed.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:51 - Nov 25 with 4865 viewsMarc

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:44 - Nov 25 by Discodroids

hey up marc !!

, aint seen you on the board for a while!!..forgot about your signature.

No need to start house hunting in Rotherham just yet, safe for the time being
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:55 - Nov 25 with 4856 viewsqpr1976

Fully agree we should have kept him.

Is he playing much at Leicester ? I don't recall seeing him much and I can't be @rsed to check.....
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 15:45 - Nov 25 with 4785 viewsdaveB

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:55 - Nov 25 by qpr1976

Fully agree we should have kept him.

Is he playing much at Leicester ? I don't recall seeing him much and I can't be @rsed to check.....

not played a game for them yet
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 15:47 - Nov 25 with 4779 viewsdaveB

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:25 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Compared to what we are spending it is very little but if you get the chance to sell someone even at a small profit when the manager doesn't want them anymore then we may as well do it rather than have him rot in the reserves and worth nothing to the club.

I'd have kept him but to me Isla looks a better player now he has settled down.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 15:49 - Nov 25 with 4774 viewsNorthernr

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 15:47 - Nov 25 by daveB

Compared to what we are spending it is very little but if you get the chance to sell someone even at a small profit when the manager doesn't want them anymore then we may as well do it rather than have him rot in the reserves and worth nothing to the club.

I'd have kept him but to me Isla looks a better player now he has settled down.

Oh no doubt Isla is a better player, but clearly Redknapp's decided that a trip to Chile and back means he can't play the next game, which means after every international break we don't have a full back. And of course if he gets injured we're all the way down the creek with only that lousy £2m we got for the paddle to keep us company.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 17:09 - Nov 25 with 4644 viewsJamie

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 14:40 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Eh? That £2m paid Krancjar's loan fee, and he has a lovely bum
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 17:15 - Nov 25 with 4632 viewsBklynRanger

Is Harriman on loan? Again? We didn't sell him did we?

It would've been nice in the middle of this fiasco to have seen him start on Saturday. No fcuking chance ever obviously.
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 17:16 - Nov 25 with 4630 viewsBrazilNutR

The fact that he is not playing, nor even sat on the Leicester Bench suggests it was a good bit of business. Obviously this doesn't defend the action at the time..which left us without proper cover and selling a player to a direct relegation rival
Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 17:22 - Nov 25 with 4616 viewsJamie

Nice touch from Danny Simpson on 17:16 - Nov 25 by BrazilNutR

The fact that he is not playing, nor even sat on the Leicester Bench suggests it was a good bit of business. Obviously this doesn't defend the action at the time..which left us without proper cover and selling a player to a direct relegation rival

He's spent the entire season on the bench for Leicester. He's their backup full back, they had the hindsight to see £2m as chump change for a versatile backup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024