Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? 13:39 - Feb 12 with 6678 views100percent

Just read this article on bbc football about Lambert's exit at Villa. reads to me a very respectful way for a manger to be exiting a club ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31438835

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 13:54 - Feb 12 with 5189 viewsNorthernr

No, the right and respectful way to leave a club is the way Gordon Strachan left Middlesbrough, admitting you've failed, admitting it's your fault, and refusing the pay off owed to you by the contract.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/11022334.I_didn_t_earn_my_money_at_Middle
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 13:57 - Feb 12 with 5169 viewsMytch_QPR

Lambert should have started hobbling a few games ago, then he could have used the knees excuse at the eleventh hour (aka 'The Harry Manoeuvre')

But you're right - both sides were honest and they gave him 31 months.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 15:02 - Feb 12 with 5023 views100percent

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 13:54 - Feb 12 by Northernr

No, the right and respectful way to leave a club is the way Gordon Strachan left Middlesbrough, admitting you've failed, admitting it's your fault, and refusing the pay off owed to you by the contract.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/11022334.I_didn_t_earn_my_money_at_Middle

Maybe in five years from now he might say the same thing - I have no idea whether he accepted a pay off, but in the meantime it appeared quite respectful compared to the press reports and departing manager that we have just witnessed.....
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 15:32 - Feb 12 with 4940 viewsShotKneesHoop

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 15:02 - Feb 12 by 100percent

Maybe in five years from now he might say the same thing - I have no idea whether he accepted a pay off, but in the meantime it appeared quite respectful compared to the press reports and departing manager that we have just witnessed.....

It beats the way Pinoccio left, makes up fairy tales, blames every one else, not my fault guv,

Rednobb is a steam train driver when everyone else is driving HST1 Eurostars.

Embarrassing that we ever had Rednobb on our books as a wheeeler/ dealer, sorry " Fook orf, I'm a fukin football manager, ent I?" No, you bleedinwellaint.

Alf is doing a far better job already.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 15:33]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 15:55 - Feb 12 with 4879 viewsstevec

Seen some excellent managers at our club since 1967 but the only one who's given me a winning day out at Wembley is Harry and I don't think any of us who've supported the R's for any period of time in the last 47 years should forget that.
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 15:59 - Feb 12 with 4860 viewsQPunkR

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 15:55 - Feb 12 by stevec

Seen some excellent managers at our club since 1967 but the only one who's given me a winning day out at Wembley is Harry and I don't think any of us who've supported the R's for any period of time in the last 47 years should forget that.

None of us forget that.
We just also remember all the other turgid games and and the shite that spilt forth from his lying face

QPR - "shit but local"

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 16:09 - Feb 12 with 4825 viewsbosh67

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 13:54 - Feb 12 by Northernr

This. That was honourable.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 16:10 - Feb 12 with 4817 viewsGetMeRangers

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 15:55 - Feb 12 by stevec

+1
Login to get fewer ads

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 17:13 - Feb 12 with 4706 viewsBlue_Castello

Well this is an interesting post because what you are doing is crediting Harry with the management skill to create a situation where he has got us to the play offs on merit, his tactical skills mean we win the play offs and then his astute management means we win dominate the final and win a trophy.

First of all I don't condone some of the slagging off that goes for being acceptable, but Harry was Fing clueless all last season, tactically inept, as Clive says he had the most expensive squad and cocked it up. The team spirit got us through the semi-final against Wigan, believe it or not a team lead excellently by the LFW hated Barton was brilliant in the semi-final plus another great display by Charlie in the second leg.
The Final was a bloody awesome day, not as good as 1967 when I was 12 years old, but don't tell me Harry takes credit, he couldn't even make a tactical substitution properly and had to rely on Clint Hill to make that decision, would we have won if he had taken Hoillett off, it seems very unlikely. Maybe I have got it wrong but the bloke was as they say a busted flush last year, we played some of the worst football I have ever seen at Loftus road, thank god he's gone he relied on the players doing his job for him.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 17:41]
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 17:25 - Feb 12 with 4671 viewseastside_r

or this:

http://motherwellfc.co.uk/2014/11/03/a-message-from-stuart-mccall/
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 18:03 - Feb 12 with 4573 viewsdolcelatte

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 17:13 - Feb 12 by Blue_Castello

Well this is an interesting post because what you are doing is crediting Harry with the management skill to create a situation where he has got us to the play offs on merit, his tactical skills mean we win the play offs and then his astute management means we win dominate the final and win a trophy.

First of all I don't condone some of the slagging off that goes for being acceptable, but Harry was Fing clueless all last season, tactically inept, as Clive says he had the most expensive squad and cocked it up. The team spirit got us through the semi-final against Wigan, believe it or not a team lead excellently by the LFW hated Barton was brilliant in the semi-final plus another great display by Charlie in the second leg.
The Final was a bloody awesome day, not as good as 1967 when I was 12 years old, but don't tell me Harry takes credit, he couldn't even make a tactical substitution properly and had to rely on Clint Hill to make that decision, would we have won if he had taken Hoillett off, it seems very unlikely. Maybe I have got it wrong but the bloke was as they say a busted flush last year, we played some of the worst football I have ever seen at Loftus road, thank god he's gone he relied on the players doing his job for him.

Harry could have easily dug his heels in at Clint's decision. He didn't, he listened and agreed to it. If he was as bad as being made out then he would have just made his own subs anyway. He was never a fit for us but all the bagpuss, saggy face bs does us no favours at all

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 18:05 - Feb 12 with 4570 viewskarl

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 17:25 - Feb 12 by eastside_r

or this:

Interestingly both are the current Scotland management team and lo and behold we're in a good spell of form, very rare players pull out of games and seems a very good spirit about the whole set up. Certainly seems to be a respect for them and those two articles suggest why they may have earnt it?
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 18:33 - Feb 12 with 4490 viewsthemodfather

martin o'neil had them a top 6 club, respected and decent
he asked for money to invest and chase a title and was outed.....cue a slide into struggles.
right now, they can rot..if it means we stay up and i'm sure villa fans feel likewise as long as they stay up.
a decade of struggles can't be taped over. villa are very poor and long may that continue. can they appoint steve kean ex-blackburn please???
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 19:23 - Feb 12 with 4407 viewsFredManRave

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 17:25 - Feb 12 by eastside_r

or this:

Or this;

https://myspace.com/shoe_house/video/king-stuart-mccall/1588528

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 19:48 - Feb 12 with 4350 viewsstevec

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 17:13 - Feb 12 by Blue_Castello

Whilst there's a lot in what you're saying that stands up there's something a lot of fans need to respect and that is, in the end, we won a final and Harry was in charge.

I'm sure you'll remember the 70's, brilliant team, Leicester City Quarter final FACup, Norwich 3 games from winning the League, Villa semi final at Highbury, AEK quarter final in Europe, the 80's, better team FA cup final v Spurs, Oxford League Cup final, Cardiff at the Millenium, all essentially knock out games we went into with justifiably high hopes and we all know what happened.

The worse thing was you knew what was likely to happen and it did. For the first time in a lifetime of supporting Rangers, at Wigan in the 1st leg, down to 10 men in the final, I was confident for no other reason than the feeling that if we ever were going to get lucky we'd get lucky under Harry.

For all his faults, he took Pompey to an FACup win, Spurs to the Champions League and us to a win at Wembley. Of all our great managers, probably only Terry Venables can trump that.
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 21:27 - Feb 12 with 4225 viewsTearsOfaClown

I was wondering how to reply to that post - you did it so perfectly.

RedNobb (as ShotKneesHoop calls him) was terrible and yes he had the professionalism of certain players (Clint) who was able to spray some fragrance over the shyte smelling, lying money grabbing WheelaDeela that ever desecrated Loftus Road.
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 21:55 - Feb 12 with 4163 viewsjohncharles

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 19:48 - Feb 12 by stevec

Whilst there's a lot in what you're saying that stands up there's something a lot of fans need to respect and that is, in the end, we won a final and Harry was in charge.

I'm sure you'll remember the 70's, brilliant team, Leicester City Quarter final FACup, Norwich 3 games from winning the League, Villa semi final at Highbury, AEK quarter final in Europe, the 80's, better team FA cup final v Spurs, Oxford League Cup final, Cardiff at the Millenium, all essentially knock out games we went into with justifiably high hopes and we all know what happened.

The worse thing was you knew what was likely to happen and it did. For the first time in a lifetime of supporting Rangers, at Wigan in the 1st leg, down to 10 men in the final, I was confident for no other reason than the feeling that if we ever were going to get lucky we'd get lucky under Harry.

For all his faults, he took Pompey to an FACup win, Spurs to the Champions League and us to a win at Wembley. Of all our great managers, probably only Terry Venables can trump that.

Thank you Sandra. Isn't time Jamie was in bed ?

Strong and stable my arse.

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 22:00 - Feb 12 with 4136 viewsjohncharles

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 16:10 - Feb 12 by GetMeRangers

+1

How frightfully amusing. Now Piss off.

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 22:02 - Feb 12 with 4131 viewsCiderwithRsie

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 19:48 - Feb 12 by stevec

Unfortunately the faults in Redknapp will obscure the good things.

He got the play-offs (not just the final, where he was lucky) right and made some good signings; he got us a clutch of home wins that could yet be decisive.

None of which changes my view that Hunterhoop is correct to call him a charlatan - more concerned with managing his image than substance.
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 22:34 - Feb 12 with 4059 viewsAgedR

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 22:00 - Feb 12 by johncharles

How frightfully amusing. Now Piss off.

Didn't want Harry at my club, but, thankful for the coincidence of his stewardship and two of my most memorable moments in over 30 years of support.

You won Mr Charles, sit back and enjoy the cigar. It's done.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 23:07 - Feb 12 with 4000 viewsPunteR

I thought Redknapp did ok last season,not great,just ok. I know he had the biggest budget but if you look at other clubs relegated from the prem,you can see how hard it is to get promotion again.
It was never going to be pretty that season and we had a lot of players coming in and out of the club. Getting Maclaren in was a good move. Dunne,Danny simpson, Henry ,Austin,Philips are good signings.
He just ballsed it up this season for me. Getting Rio,going 3 at the back was a disaster. Not to mention all his lies and excuses.
The way he left was wrong and disrespectful.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 23:14 - Feb 12 with 3982 viewsjohncharles

How convenient to miss out 1966 and how clueless to miss out 1976.
Crass.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 23:15]

The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 00:52 - Feb 13 with 3885 viewssmegma

If my boss gave me the tin tac with a £3m sweetener I don't think I'd slag him off either. Then i would move to Columbia (the country not the hotel)
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 02:33 - Feb 13 with 3847 viewsSonofNorfolt

Must agree with Blue Castello.
Certainly with us, he has been a fraud, albeit a lucky one.
When he joined, his salary put him in the top ten highest paid managers in the world. If we had stayed up, a hero, but relegation would not be classed as his fault. Win win. Pulis at Palace, showed what it is like to actually manage, and turned it around with a lot less.
Comfortably the biggest budget in the Championship, once McClaren had left, we went up in spite of him not because of.
This season we have been embarrassing, his team selections have seemed like they were taken from the lottery machine Guinevere, tactically inept, and more excuses than Nuremburg.
If he resigned then why are we paying him off? His Bertie Mee? He was only ever on the training pitch when the cameras were there.
Personally I suspect, he was asked to leave with honour. A bit like Rommel, (whom Schalke won the German Cup with).
Thank heavens for small mercies that we didn't get him with Peter Storrie as part of the package.
The right way and respectful way to exit a club.....??? on 06:22 - Feb 13 with 3793 viewsjohnhoop

I find it quite astonishing that people on this forum are still leaping to the defense of Pinnocchio after the evidence of the last ten days. Chris Ramsey has done more to turn that group of players into a proper team with tactics and a game plan in that time than Redcrapp managed in the whole of 2 years.
I thought Harry would never leave till the end of his contract because he wouldn't walk away from the money. If he is still sucking vast amounts of money out of our club after virtually getting us relegated then it sums the man up completely as far as I am concerned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024