Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? 11:19 - Feb 27 with 5714 viewsQPunkR

Forty sheets for bloody Palace! wtf?!

QPR - "shit but local"

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:23 - Feb 27 with 5089 viewsMytch_QPR

Can't be any worse than the one that Saints fan got for £38 (or £53, apparently, to Arsenal supporters).

We're all sick. No cure has been devised as yet.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:24 - Feb 27 with 5075 viewswombat

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:23 - Feb 27 by Mytch_QPR

Can't be any worse than the one that Saints fan got for £38 (or £53, apparently, to Arsenal supporters).

We're all sick. No cure has been devised as yet.

cant beat 40 quid for standing in pi$$ at half time in a converted cow shed in south london

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:27 - Feb 27 with 5059 viewssimmo

It's ridiculous isn't it... Thankfully I can get there on my oyster, if I wasn't ticking the ground off or had to pay train, etc too, I wouldn't have bothered

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:28 - Feb 27 with 5057 viewsMytch_QPR

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:24 - Feb 27 by wombat

cant beat 40 quid for standing in pi$$ at half time in a converted cow shed in south london

Plenty of sadists would pay a lot more than that for a similar experience in Soho. When I've been to games at Palace the pitch is generally in view, at least.

Nobody will moan if we get 3 points.
Actually, nobody will moan if we get 1 point. Probably.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 11:29]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:38 - Feb 27 with 5017 viewsQPR1882

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:28 - Feb 27 by Mytch_QPR

Plenty of sadists would pay a lot more than that for a similar experience in Soho. When I've been to games at Palace the pitch is generally in view, at least.

I can't recall if it is towards the back of the stand or towards the front that you get the slightly better wooden seat.
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:41 - Feb 27 with 5007 viewsQPunkR

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:38 - Feb 27 by QPR1882

I can't recall if it is towards the back of the stand or towards the front that you get the slightly better wooden seat.

I broke one of 'em once
'twas that game when Darren Deadman was in charge, think we had 3 goals chalked off for offside?

edit - that was towards the front of the stand. Mebbes the seats further back are more durable!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 11:42]

QPR - "shit but local"

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 12:19 - Feb 27 with 4926 viewsderbyhoop

Pardew was trying to encourage Palace fans to go to West Ham, this weekend. The £44 tickets were not selling well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 12:19 - Feb 27 with 4922 viewsToast_R

BT Sport is only a score for a month including sign up fee.
Login to get fewer ads

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 12:44 - Feb 27 with 4848 viewsRangersw12

surprised we have sold nearly 2k for this already we're all mental !!
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 12:55 - Feb 27 with 4813 viewsJamie

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:38 - Feb 27 by QPR1882

From what I remember, the wooden seats are roughly halfway up the stand with plastic down the front.
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 13:29 - Feb 27 with 4747 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 12:19 - Feb 27 by Toast_R

BT Sport is only a score for a month including sign up fee.

Unfortunately that is why fans stop going.
Well done for pointing that out!!
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 13:35 - Feb 27 with 4716 viewsheadhoops

£40 for 3 points - take that all day long - still remember dancing along the brick wall down the front before falling off when heldur scored last time!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 14:00 - Feb 27 with 4646 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 13:35 - Feb 27 by headhoops

£40 for 3 points - take that all day long - still remember dancing along the brick wall down the front before falling off when heldur scored last time!

Yes, that was brilliant after they thought they had got a point in the last minute.
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 15:36 - Feb 27 with 4529 viewsJuzzie

With Juzzie Jnr now on the scene I just can't justify paying these ridiculous prices anymore.

It's on BT Sport which I subscribe to so will watch it instead. Hate not being able to be there but it's them causing the problems with stupid ticket prices.

[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 15:47]
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 15:50 - Feb 27 with 4493 viewsJuzzie

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 14:00 - Feb 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, that was brilliant after they thought they had got a point in the last minute.

That was great. We were on the left hand side of the away fans right next to the segregated area before the home fans block. When they equalised right at the end of normal time they were giving it the right Billy Big bollox as we all sat there thinking "$hit". Up pops Helguson with a great header and we gave it back large to them ten fold while they sat there thinking "$hit".
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 16:27 - Feb 27 with 4426 viewsWokingR

We can hardly complain when we charged them exactly the same to come to us just 2 months ago
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 16:39 - Feb 27 with 4397 viewswombat

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 16:27 - Feb 27 by WokingR

We can hardly complain when we charged them exactly the same to come to us just 2 months ago

they dont have to wade through toilets over flowing with pi44 though at our place and they can in the most see the pitch with out a girder blocking half the view of a goal

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 17:46 - Feb 27 with 4329 viewsterryb

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 16:39 - Feb 27 by wombat

they dont have to wade through toilets over flowing with pi44 though at our place and they can in the most see the pitch with out a girder blocking half the view of a goal

But can you have a good sit down on the loo there?

'cause you sure as hell can't in the Loft!

Mind you, I'd want to be paid to enter the borough of Croydon!
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 20:39 - Feb 27 with 4189 viewsMatch82

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 11:28 - Feb 27 by Mytch_QPR

"Nobody will moan if we get 3 points.
Actually, nobody will moan if we get 1 point. Probably."

You are severely underestimating some of the people on this board.
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 21:42 - Feb 27 with 4122 viewsJuzzie

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 13:29 - Feb 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Unfortunately that is why fans stop going.
Well done for pointing that out!!

Its the crazy ticket prices thats stopping fans going. If it was £25 then yes, £40-50?.... No chance.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 21:43]
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 21:59 - Feb 27 with 4097 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 17:46 - Feb 27 by terryb

But can you have a good sit down on the loo there?

'cause you sure as hell can't in the Loft!

Mind you, I'd want to be paid to enter the borough of Croydon!

Oi Oi, steady mate ;)
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 22:00 - Feb 27 with 4095 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Palace has long been ridiculously overpriced for what it is - I'm pretty sure I can remember them charging £30 for the Arthur Wait in the late 90s which was a good £10 above going rate at the time.

Think I'll be giving it a miss this time round.

It'll take a lot to beat the atmosphere during my favourite trip to Selhurst - Warnock's return during the 2009/10 relegation battle:

[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 22:01]
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 22:07 - Feb 27 with 4083 viewsqueensparker

I remember trekking down there on an absolutely Baltic Boxing Day for a midday kick-off with my brother in the late 80s / early 90s, and even back then they were charging £15 to stand which was a total p*sstake.

Game was one of the worst I've ever seen as well, a completely event-free 0-0. I hate that part of London, miles from anything and no soul
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 22:09]
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 04:27 - Feb 28 with 3959 viewssmegma

Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 16:39 - Feb 27 by wombat

Anyone who thinks our away end is worse than theirs needs their heads tested. My mate showed me the photo from his seat in the school upper and personally i wouldve asked for a refund. Moan all you like about Selhurst but they dont sell tickets where you cant see the other end of the pitch.
Palace £40 - they having a laugh??!? on 08:01 - Feb 28 with 3920 viewsqprmeath

I just paid €143 for two school end spurs tickets. £100 plus £3.50 booking fee. Football gone mad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024