Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chaz cheap. 20:40 - Jun 21 with 17736 viewsconnell10

So it seems palace have pulled out of signing austin because they think 15 million is to steep, newcastle are getting edgy over the fee rangers want as well. Well i think in todays market 15 million for a english striker like chaz is bloody cheap, really we should be getting 20 million plus for him, i cant understand why these clubs are unwilling to pay such a cheap price!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

chaz cheap. on 21:11 - Jun 21 with 6886 viewsHollowayRanger

Maybe its because he aint that good

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

chaz cheap. on 21:13 - Jun 21 with 6865 viewseghamranger

chaz cheap. on 21:11 - Jun 21 by HollowayRanger

I'm ITK re this and heard the Palave deal is on and it's 13 million and Murray.

Done deal!!
chaz cheap. on 21:20 - Jun 21 with 6821 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 21:11 - Jun 21 by HollowayRanger

I am sure that is the rub of it. DESPITE scoring 18 goals for a relegated team, to another club they might ask what does he bring to the party.

I think he should stay.
chaz cheap. on 21:25 - Jun 21 with 6778 viewsessextaxiboy

Maybe there are some doubts about his fitness . He still plays every game with heavy shoulder strapping to stabilise it after the dislocation . He failed the Hull medical which must have shown something even if it does not affect him . I think he would be better off to stay with us ...
chaz cheap. on 22:31 - Jun 21 with 6585 viewsbosh67

We need to hold out for £15m for Charlie or no deal.

But then again... if we keep Charlie in his final contractual season and we don't go up then we lose him for nothing.

I am not sure we are restructuring for immediate promotion again at the moment. So then it comes to hard nose dealing to get a deal at £15m.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

chaz cheap. on 22:52 - Jun 21 with 6486 viewsTacticalR

Weren't they trying to buy Rémy?

Chelsea put £15m price tag on Loic Remy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11684571/Remy-considerin

Air hostess clique

chaz cheap. on 23:05 - Jun 21 with 6430 viewsHollowayRanger

charlies a better person but remys a better player

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

chaz cheap. on 23:14 - Jun 21 with 6406 viewsAgedR

chaz cheap. on 23:05 - Jun 21 by HollowayRanger

charlies a better person but remys a better player

Remy may well be a better all round footballer, but, Charlie is certainly a more prolific goalscorer and I'd have him every time.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

chaz cheap. on 23:22 - Jun 21 with 6386 viewsTacticalR

Really, what can you get for £15m these days? Rémy, perhaps. A football stadium in East London, certainly.

Air hostess clique

chaz cheap. on 23:26 - Jun 21 with 6375 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'd pick Austin over Remy every day. Scored regularly in a worse team, and still young enough to get better. And the "better person" thing counts on the pitch too. Putting yourself at risk of getting arrested doesn't really help the team selection process, nor does feccking off to another club while stringing your current employers along.

I may be naive here, but I don't see going to Palace as that much of a step up for Charlie, Premiership notwithstanding. Not sure he wouldn't be better banging in a hatful of goals in the Champ and then going in the December window - there's bound to be someone in the Premiership desperate for a striker then and willing to gamble big wages against the cost of going down.

Newcastle would be a different matter, for all their incompetence as a club the profile is better.
chaz cheap. on 23:31 - Jun 21 with 6353 viewsTacticalR

It's cold up there.

Air hostess clique

chaz cheap. on 01:45 - Jun 22 with 6194 viewsDeano19766

Not sure it necessarily matters what he goes for. Whatever it is, the owners will make the decision as to what happens to those funds. A couple of million either way probably won't make any difference to them. So why worry? It's not our cash.....
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 2:09]
chaz cheap. on 06:21 - Jun 22 with 6074 viewsbosh67

At least Southampton have started the bidding at £10m. Nowhere near enough but it starts the process.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

chaz cheap. on 07:21 - Jun 22 with 5987 viewstimcocking

Yeah. If he was playing for a 'big club', he'd be worth a lot more.

Given the amount of money you get for being in the premier league nowadays, it's a false economy selling him for 10 million. We'd have much more chance of going straight back up if he stayed with us.
chaz cheap. on 08:51 - Jun 22 with 5850 viewsThGrimRanger

Southampton paid £12 for Shane Long a year ago. So lets get this right...

1) he'd had 5 seasons in the prem with his best goal tally being 8
2) new premier league deal means all clubs are effectively 33% richer per season
3) Charlie's english which with new uefa rules inflates prices
4) Long was 2 years older

...and they offer us 10 million for Charlie.

why oh why do we get ripped off at every turn. We set 15 million and that's a bargain by today's standards. Newcastle, W.Ham and Southampton should be biting our arm off.

ps. thanks Rio for pointing out that City's Raheem is way over-priced. Couldn't he of just kept it buttoned until after the deal is done (if it happens now)
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 8:52]

TheGrimRanger

chaz cheap. on 09:03 - Jun 22 with 5814 viewsCamberleyR

New Premier League TV deal doesn't kick in until 2016-17 season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

chaz cheap. on 09:04 - Jun 22 with 5811 viewsNorthernr

chaz cheap. on 09:19 - Jun 22 with 5752 viewsDiscodroids

chaz cheap. on 22:52 - Jun 21 by TacticalR

Weren't they trying to buy Rémy?

Chelsea put £15m price tag on Loic Remy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11684571/Remy-considerin

fantastic, we let remy go to chelsea for £10 million, he takes root on the bench all season like bill and ben the flowerpot men , and is now worth £5 million more.

bleedin football.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

chaz cheap. on 09:21 - Jun 22 with 5741 viewsDiscodroids

chaz cheap. on 21:13 - Jun 21 by eghamranger

I'm ITK re this and heard the Palave deal is on and it's 13 million and Murray.

Done deal!!

stranger things have happened mate, i wouldnt mind that at all !

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

chaz cheap. on 10:42 - Jun 22 with 5605 viewsAntti_Heinola

chaz cheap. on 09:19 - Jun 22 by Discodroids

fantastic, we let remy go to chelsea for £10 million, he takes root on the bench all season like bill and ben the flowerpot men , and is now worth £5 million more.

bleedin football.

No, that's business.
Remy sensibly had a clause saying he could go cheaper to a CL team, we went for it because we were desperate to sign him. He was worth £12m-£15m easily, but that's what release clauses are.

Bare bones.

chaz cheap. on 10:46 - Jun 22 with 5583 viewsLewes_r

Other clubs know we are a disaster when it comes to buying and selling players.. they know to stand firm and we'll crumble

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

chaz cheap. on 10:55 - Jun 22 with 5537 viewsBasingstokeR

Even hypothetically; £10m doesn't make sense to me.

So 20 years after Les Ferdinand moved to Newcastle for £6m (with I think 10% ish going to Hayes) - with 20 years football inflation Austin is only worth £4m more?

We (accepting some degree of questionablity) sold Chris Samba for £12m after maybe 2 OK appearances in 10 for us.

I can't get past Ross McCormack moving for £11.5m no matter how much remaining contract length was involved.

If Chelsea are really taking offers of £15m for Remy I still think that's a bargain for someone.
chaz cheap. on 11:00 - Jun 22 with 5509 viewsBlue_Castello

chaz cheap. on 10:46 - Jun 22 by Lewes_r

Other clubs know we are a disaster when it comes to buying and selling players.. they know to stand firm and we'll crumble

Hopefully our new CEO is installed and actively negotiating deals, he has a very good CV and I genuinely think will improve our transfer business.

Why we kept Phil Beard on board for so long was a mistook, he was to blame for much of the failure in our transfer dealings, Harry just kept saying can I have one more player and the bloke thought it was a good idea..... , not that Hughes was any different.

Getting rid of Beard was long overdue, his expertise of project managing a new stadium, if it ever happens , can easily be outsourced.
chaz cheap. on 11:00 - Jun 22 with 5508 viewslondonscottish

chaz cheap. on 09:04 - Jun 22 by Northernr

Love that film and that sketch.

Am in Marakesh right now and the souks haven't changed.

The OH loves all that. I just can't be arsed tbh.

It just makes the whole shopping experience even more painful than ever.

AND I can' just sit in bar till it's all over.

London shopping tactics just don't work over here.

PS no I am NOT having loads of Taarabt conversations either.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

chaz cheap. on 11:01 - Jun 22 with 5505 viewslave16

chaz cheap. on 10:55 - Jun 22 by BasingstokeR

Even hypothetically; £10m doesn't make sense to me.

So 20 years after Les Ferdinand moved to Newcastle for £6m (with I think 10% ish going to Hayes) - with 20 years football inflation Austin is only worth £4m more?

We (accepting some degree of questionablity) sold Chris Samba for £12m after maybe 2 OK appearances in 10 for us.

I can't get past Ross McCormack moving for £11.5m no matter how much remaining contract length was involved.

If Chelsea are really taking offers of £15m for Remy I still think that's a bargain for someone.

I think should be asking more in the hope no one will pay it and he will lead us back to the prem next year... even if he goes for free in the summer...

a 20 milion gamble to get whatever millions the prem offer next year...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024