Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince 11:16 - Nov 6 with 5809 viewsclassof93

Perhaps having CEO in place with football experience (for the first time in a while) may mean our manger recruitment process is better this time? We might actually have a shortlist of candidates and actually properly interview them? My understanding is that Hoos has a decent record of appointing managers. In the past it's been Flavio, Tony and Phil Beard - with no experience in this area but Hoos is a football CEO.

Although saying that it will probably be who the fans on twitter tell Tony who it should be!
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 11:42 - Nov 6 with 4095 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very good point.

I'm hoping that he will be allowed proper input, if not in the final decision them at least in the selection and interviewing process. Would be a welcome change of tack for us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 11:47 - Nov 6 with 4074 viewsNorthernr

Big asset to us this guy, I really rate him and have been very impressed in the meetings I've been in with him. Would like him involved - involved in appointing Pearson, Howe and Dyche in the past.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 11:52 - Nov 6 with 4056 viewsFredManRave

Ironic or maybe just typical for us then that Hoos, whilst having appointed Pearson twice in the past, has since had a falling out with him so he may actually be against employing one of the most qualified and (football) appropriate managers out there at the moment.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:00 - Nov 6 with 4021 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 11:52 - Nov 6 by FredManRave

Ironic or maybe just typical for us then that Hoos, whilst having appointed Pearson twice in the past, has since had a falling out with him so he may actually be against employing one of the most qualified and (football) appropriate managers out there at the moment.

And for good reason.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:04 - Nov 6 with 4001 viewsA40Bosh

Should we expect an "unveiling" of a new manager at the Fans Forum next Thursday as LF and Hoos are in attendance that night?

I suspect that would be too risky a thing to do in front of a live audience of fans. If it IS Tactical TIm, the evening could go pear shaped VERY quickly.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:05 - Nov 6 with 3995 viewsFredManRave

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:00 - Nov 6 by Northernr

And for good reason.

Why particularly? I have no idea what the falling out was about and as mentioned footballing wise Perason fits our bill.

So is it the insanity? The violence? The offspring?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:06 - Nov 6 with 3983 viewsMvpeter

He seems like he'll be a good appointment for us. Hope he has some input into the decision of who to hire.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:12 - Nov 6 with 3953 viewsdaveB

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:05 - Nov 6 by FredManRave

Why particularly? I have no idea what the falling out was about and as mentioned footballing wise Perason fits our bill.

So is it the insanity? The violence? The offspring?

Jimmy Bullard reckons he was nothing but a big bully and he really lost the plot last season when the pressure got on, the state of QPR i think he might murder someone if he got the job
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:28 - Nov 6 with 3907 viewsTacticalR

The main thing is to have air hostesses present at the unveiling of the new manager. That shows that we are club that is going places.

Air hostess clique

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:37 - Nov 6 with 3860 viewsKonk

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:28 - Nov 6 by TacticalR

The main thing is to have air hostesses present at the unveiling of the new manager. That shows that we are club that is going places.

Ideally you want a bevy of beautiful air hostesses, models of planes and your owner wearing a cap advertising another one of his business ventures, that looks like it was knocked-up at Snappy Snaps.

Or you could go down the Fulham route and have a middle-aged bloke with a comedy moustache wearing a football shirt over his suit. Dignity and gravitas.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:41 - Nov 6 with 3835 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:28 - Nov 6 by TacticalR

Worth the admission fee on its own, damn near followed through as well.

Well done Sir!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:43 - Nov 6 with 3830 viewsGloucs_R

I said the same thing in the Warnock thread yesterday Classof93. Should make it an interesting appointment, who really does have the power now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:46 - Nov 6 with 3820 viewsNW10Hoop

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 11:47 - Nov 6 by Northernr

Big asset to us this guy, I really rate him and have been very impressed in the meetings I've been in with him. Would like him involved - involved in appointing Pearson, Howe and Dyche in the past.

He will be involved won't he? His support for the next coach/manager will probably help the cohesiveness from board to training ground level I would have guessed..
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 14:04 - Nov 6 with 3716 viewsClive_Anderson

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:12 - Nov 6 by daveB

Jimmy Bullard reckons he was nothing but a big bully and he really lost the plot last season when the pressure got on, the state of QPR i think he might murder someone if he got the job

It is quite upsetting to think of Pearson bullying someone like Traore to try and get him to actually play football.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 14:08 - Nov 6 with 3702 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 14:04 - Nov 6 by Clive_Anderson

It is quite upsetting to think of Pearson bullying someone like Traore to try and get him to actually play football.

Sadly mate that's not how it works any more is it? Ferguson was probably the last of that generation. You bully or shout at or give the players stick now they simply stop playing for you, particularly at clubs like ours where they know they don't have to stop playing for long before the manager gets the sack. If they're not on your side you've had it - same at every club these days, all the power with the wnkr footballers.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 14:09 - Nov 6 with 3697 viewsHunterhoop

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:00 - Nov 6 by Northernr

And for good reason.

Which is??

Clive, appreciate you may not want to go into detail, especially if Hoos explained it in confidence, but could you give us a ball park idea as to why they fell out?

The Jimmy Bullard line is useful to understand Jimmy Bullard's opinion, but, surprisingly, I'm not overly interested in that....
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 16:32 - Nov 6 with 3550 viewsClive_Anderson

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 14:08 - Nov 6 by Northernr

Sadly mate that's not how it works any more is it? Ferguson was probably the last of that generation. You bully or shout at or give the players stick now they simply stop playing for you, particularly at clubs like ours where they know they don't have to stop playing for long before the manager gets the sack. If they're not on your side you've had it - same at every club these days, all the power with the wnkr footballers.

And Ferguson is the most successful manager ever in British football.

If player power is too great then the whole way of obtaining and keeping players needs to change, particularly for a club like ours.

Did the players ever actually stop playing for Pearson? They seemed to do alright last season.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 16:35 - Nov 6 with 3537 viewsJuzzie

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 12:37 - Nov 6 by Konk

Ideally you want a bevy of beautiful air hostesses, models of planes and your owner wearing a cap advertising another one of his business ventures, that looks like it was knocked-up at Snappy Snaps.

Or you could go down the Fulham route and have a middle-aged bloke with a comedy moustache wearing a football shirt over his suit. Dignity and gravitas.

Statues too.... will somebody pleeeeease think of the statues.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 16:41 - Nov 6 with 3517 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 16:32 - Nov 6 by Clive_Anderson

And Ferguson is the most successful manager ever in British football.

If player power is too great then the whole way of obtaining and keeping players needs to change, particularly for a club like ours.

Did the players ever actually stop playing for Pearson? They seemed to do alright last season.

"If player power is too great then the whole way of obtaining and keeping players needs to change, particularly for a club like ours."

Couldn't agree more.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 17:11 - Nov 6 with 3452 viewsCliff

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 14:08 - Nov 6 by Northernr

On the other hand how many of you would put up with a manager scream abuse at you?

Not many I suspect!
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 17:16 - Nov 6 with 3437 viewsdaveB

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 14:09 - Nov 6 by Hunterhoop

Which is??

Clive, appreciate you may not want to go into detail, especially if Hoos explained it in confidence, but could you give us a ball park idea as to why they fell out?

The Jimmy Bullard line is useful to understand Jimmy Bullard's opinion, but, surprisingly, I'm not overly interested in that....

I wouldn't put too much stock into Bullard either but he's the only manager I've ever heard him slate. Pearson looks good on paper but I think to be successful at QPR you need a lot of charisma and he doesn't have any
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 17:17 - Nov 6 with 3431 viewsGloucs_R

Wasn't Leicester in the bottom 3 for most of last season before a great run of results? Hasnt Ranieri taken them into the top 6 with pretty much the same squad? Didnt Leicester spend a fortune to get promoted?

Is Pearson really that good?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 17:20 - Nov 6 with 3425 viewsJuzzie

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 16:41 - Nov 6 by Northernr

"If player power is too great then the whole way of obtaining and keeping players needs to change, particularly for a club like ours."

Couldn't agree more.

Ditto.

Rules have been changed as the clubs once had too much power. It's completely swung the other way and the players have too much power now, rules need to be brought in again to get equilbrium.

Start off by getting rid of Gordon Taylor, clubs paying agents (players can pay their agents as much as they like as long as it comes out of their own pocket), clubs should not go over something like 70% of income on player salaries etc etc.
Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 20:15 - Nov 6 with 3303 viewsNortholt_Rs

Like last time you mean? Nope that was Bungle's decision - I don't a single fan who actually wanted Ramsey as our manager. Not one. I know loads of us who knew how it would end up though.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 20:23 - Nov 6 with 3289 viewsdanehoop

Lee Hoos - CEO with football expereince on 20:15 - Nov 6 by Northolt_Rs

Like last time you mean? Nope that was Bungle's decision - I don't a single fan who actually wanted Ramsey as our manager. Not one. I know loads of us who knew how it would end up though.

I thought it was a reasonable choice given the brief he was asked to work to.

I thought it wasn't such a good choice when we abandoned a long term strategy out of the blue.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024