Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scousers not like seat price rises 15:17 - Feb 2 with 4658 viewsQPunkR

These are the same supporters groups who have frequently stated before that standing is "inherently unsafe". If standing or safe standing areas were allowed in football stadia in the top flights in England they wouldn't cost £77 a pop (admittedly, they would still be a damn shite more expensive than back in the 80s, but not as much as this)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/02/liverpool-supporters-label-club-

QPR - "shit but local"

Scousers not like seat price rises on 15:49 - Feb 2 with 4578 viewssimmo

“At a time of ever increasing commercial and media revenues, the club’s reliance on ‘general-admission’ returns is diminishing"

This is the point for me, the clubs are getting so so much more than ever before and even though they are receiving huge windfalls every year, the prices to watch are higher than ever. All the money being made by premier league clubs is not filtering to smaller clubs, or to fans, but to the pockets of players and agents. I'd love to see the % of revenue generated from gate receipts for premier league clubs in comparison to sponsorship deals, TV rights, merchandise, etc. It must be miniscule, certainly small enough that the clubs can afford to drop prices to a fair amount for the majority of the ground and still be able to pay their average midfielder 50k per week...

If left to continue, the atmospheres will dwindle to almost nothing, as is already happening across the premier league and championship especially (even more so for early kick off or midweek games).

Another reason I am glad we are in the Championship - it's not completely different, but the corporate facade of the premier league is nauseating.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Scousers not like seat price rises on 15:56 - Feb 2 with 4554 viewsJuzzie

Ticket prices are demand-driven. All the while clubs have a waiting list/demand they'll keep putting prices up as it's all about making money, fk all to do with how the fans are treated.

It's criminal, it really is.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 17:14]
Scousers not like seat price rises on 16:05 - Feb 2 with 4538 viewsthemodfather

they won't moan at wembley final prices, so no case!!!
it's a big concept but if unhappy don't pay.....cameras will pick up empty stadia and atmosphere drops and doesn't become the SPECTACLE sky/itv etc want....then again who cared bayern stayed outside for 10 mins...
Scousers not like seat price rises on 16:20 - Feb 2 with 4501 views1MoreBrightonR

Scousers not like seat price rises on 16:05 - Feb 2 by themodfather

they won't moan at wembley final prices, so no case!!!
it's a big concept but if unhappy don't pay.....cameras will pick up empty stadia and atmosphere drops and doesn't become the SPECTACLE sky/itv etc want....then again who cared bayern stayed outside for 10 mins...

I'm off to hamburg in a month and they have a small standing area for away fans...€16 a ticket! gutted we missed out on those but even in good seats directly behind the goal, its €35. not bad.
Scousers not like seat price rises on 16:20 - Feb 2 with 4500 viewsBluce_Ree

F**k LOLverpool.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Scousers not like seat price rises on 16:31 - Feb 2 with 4475 viewsBoston

Scousers not like seat price rises on 16:20 - Feb 2 by Bluce_Ree

F**k LOLverpool.

Indeed, success is expensive my buck toothed perm haired friends.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Scousers not like seat price rises on 17:01 - Feb 2 with 4400 viewsRangersDave

Must admit it's a hell of a new stand.

As you approach Liverpool there are 3 things you see on the horizon.....the radio city tower, the Anglican cathedral and this stand.

It's going to be a monolith for a few years until they do something about the other 3 sides, more akin to when the scum built that huge £1m stand in the 70's.

Lots of banter here about the prices and the tight scouters are revolting......but we always knew that huh? Lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Scousers not like seat price rises on 17:15 - Feb 2 with 4359 viewsstevec

If my maths is correct, the gate income from 15,000 QPR fans at say an average of £25 per home game over the season is the equivalent of approx £160k per week. Or to put another way, pays for approx 4 of our high earners and no one else.

Imagine a full home ground to pay to watch Green, Sandro, Fer and Austin. A 4 man team.

That is how farcical football has become and the prime reason why words like patience and consolidation have understandably become an alien concept to the average football fan.

Our children, for the benefit of a University education, pay an extra tax of 9% on their earnings above 15k per annum, it's about time footballers for all the benefits they get from a football education, paid the same percentage on their incomes and it was contributed back to the fan base in the form of reduced gate prices across all 92 clubs.
Login to get fewer ads

Scousers not like seat price rises on 17:26 - Feb 2 with 4331 viewsJuzzie

Scousers not like seat price rises on 15:49 - Feb 2 by simmo

“At a time of ever increasing commercial and media revenues, the club’s reliance on ‘general-admission’ returns is diminishing"

This is the point for me, the clubs are getting so so much more than ever before and even though they are receiving huge windfalls every year, the prices to watch are higher than ever. All the money being made by premier league clubs is not filtering to smaller clubs, or to fans, but to the pockets of players and agents. I'd love to see the % of revenue generated from gate receipts for premier league clubs in comparison to sponsorship deals, TV rights, merchandise, etc. It must be miniscule, certainly small enough that the clubs can afford to drop prices to a fair amount for the majority of the ground and still be able to pay their average midfielder 50k per week...

If left to continue, the atmospheres will dwindle to almost nothing, as is already happening across the premier league and championship especially (even more so for early kick off or midweek games).

Another reason I am glad we are in the Championship - it's not completely different, but the corporate facade of the premier league is nauseating.

"I'd love to see the % of revenue generated from gate receipts for premier league clubs in comparison to sponsorship deals, TV rights, merchandise, etc.!"

I read a year or two ago that such is the money they bring in from TV, the 100 or so sponsor 'partners' they have and all the other income streams, Manchester Utd could play in an empty Old Trafford and still be able to have the players they have.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 18:04]
Scousers not like seat price rises on 17:38 - Feb 2 with 4297 viewsRangersDave

Sky and their lip service customers are the ruination of football!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Scousers not like seat price rises on 17:40 - Feb 2 with 4288 viewsbosh67

£77 is disgusting. It's a working man's game and although Liverpool is a pretty smart place these days most of the population are not on London wages. They are brilliant supporters and this feels like they are taking the p*ss out of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Scousers not like seat price rises on 18:20 - Feb 2 with 4213 viewsvanrrrr

Seventy quid plus to watch Lucas after paying two bob to watch Dalgleish etc .....no wonder history pool fans yearn for the 80's

Costs have gone up probably 10 fold but has the "product" improved at the same rate? I don't think so
Scousers not like seat price rises on 22:50 - Feb 2 with 3957 viewszicoshoops

It's not a working man's game.
It's not any sort of game anymore.
It's a cash cow, nothing more nothing less.

Half and half scarves.
Plastic clappy things.
Stewards that think that they are in an American action movie.

Karl Henry telling me to vote Tory.
It's all gone radio rental.

If Watford stay in the Premiership for the next two seasons, then apart from the other teams in the Premiership, they will be able to outspend any other football club in the world.
It's all total madness.

I'll wager Cab Calloway's turning in his grave.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.

P.S.
77 pounds?
I wouldn't pay 77 pounds to see the second coming of Christ.

P.P.S.
That's assuming he was here the first time of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024