Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit supplier 11:07 - Apr 21 with 22773 viewsNorthernr

As long rumoured, Nike ditched midway through deal. New ten year agreement signed with Dryworld.

New kit supplier on 12:36 - Apr 21 with 3099 viewsbosh67

New kit supplier on 11:23 - Apr 21 by Rs_Holy

Shorts are a bit short!

http://img01.thedrum.com/styles/news_article_lightbox/s3/news/tmp/111981/dryworl

Snug!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New kit supplier on 12:51 - Apr 21 with 3047 viewsBlackCrowe

Hopefully good news. But they do sound like a nappy/incontinence pad manufacturer.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

New kit supplier on 13:16 - Apr 21 with 2941 viewsQPRDave

Never heard of em, but thank f**k we've ditched that arrogant bunch of w**kers, with their boring kits........
New kit supplier on 13:17 - Apr 21 with 2940 viewsHooparoo

For fcks sake. We really are a bunch of amateurs. Why choose a company that no one has ever heard of and sign a bloody 10 year deal with them?

Is this a joke? Dryworld sounds like a condom theme park. I am so sick of our club being a fcking joke.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New kit supplier on 13:18 - Apr 21 with 2934 viewsQPRDave

New kit supplier on 11:14 - Apr 21 by Northernr

They're new, they're Canadian, and they do a few teams in Latin America by the looks of things.
Apart from Adidas in the 1980s, QPR seem to have better kits when going with the smaller suppliers. Nike are as big as it gets but they didn't give a fck about us or our shirts.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/03/dryworld-fluminense-2016-home-and-away-kit

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/02/dryworld-atletico-mineiro-2016-home-away-k

This post has been edited by an administrator

"Apart from Adidas in the 1980s, QPR seem to have better kits when going with the smaller suppliers. "

Yep agree northern , we'll get what we want from a smaller less well known hungrier company
New kit supplier on 13:20 - Apr 21 with 2931 viewsQPRDave

New kit supplier on 11:23 - Apr 21 by Rs_Holy

Shorts are a bit short!

http://img01.thedrum.com/styles/news_article_lightbox/s3/news/tmp/111981/dryworl

all in the name init?
New kit supplier on 13:23 - Apr 21 with 2907 viewsbaz_qpr

Fluminese are a much bigger club than us. They aggressively went after Brazil, we are there entry into Europe, would be surprised if we are the last.

Kits I suspect will be like Kappa and skin tight, so better get on those diets
New kit supplier on 13:25 - Apr 21 with 2902 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"complete autonomy over our kits...bespoke designs...hoops all the way around"

I got chills, they're multiplying.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

New kit supplier on 13:27 - Apr 21 with 2892 viewsLancashirehoop

Will they be doing my size - XXM

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

New kit supplier on 13:32 - Apr 21 with 2856 viewsQPRDave

New kit supplier on 13:23 - Apr 21 by baz_qpr

Fluminese are a much bigger club than us. They aggressively went after Brazil, we are there entry into Europe, would be surprised if we are the last.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!
New kit supplier on 13:32 - Apr 21 with 2853 viewsHayesender

New kit supplier on 13:23 - Apr 21 by baz_qpr

They only make those skin tight ones for the players I think.

Could you imagine the regulars at the white horse decked out in skin tight gear

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New kit supplier on 13:40 - Apr 21 with 2825 viewsToast_R

New kit supplier on 13:17 - Apr 21 by Hooparoo

For fcks sake. We really are a bunch of amateurs. Why choose a company that no one has ever heard of and sign a bloody 10 year deal with them?

Is this a joke? Dryworld sounds like a condom theme park. I am so sick of our club being a fcking joke.

Wowzers
New kit supplier on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 2801 viewsYorkRanger

I think its great news. I've said before who cares who makes the kit if it looks right.

We will never be important to the likes of Adidas or NIKE. The chance to carry some influence over the supplier and get the right designs in place is, I think, a big step forward.
New kit supplier on 13:52 - Apr 21 with 2780 viewsmakaveli1882

A ten year deal is a terrible idea, a sponsor that nobody knows who I doubt are paying any serious money.

If we did get promoted over the next few years we could not get a better offer from another kit manufacture.

It seems the club are in rush to get money quick like the season tickets and the kit sponsor without looking at the bigger picture.

Say what you like about the Hoops not going all the way round but you cant fault Nike for the training gear, jackets, Hoodies etc ..... That's why you probably own some sought of Nike merchandise and not waterworld or dryworld or whatever it's called.

The financial aspect is obviously import, but the priority for the club was to have complete autonomy over our kits = We have Hoops next year, but have a worse financial deal than we was on, and we are stuck with it for 10 years!!

Fair do's to the club for listening to the fans about the Hoops though
New kit supplier on 13:52 - Apr 21 with 2777 viewsTonto

Liverpool with Warrior for one... sorry - they are a joke run club too obviously

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New kit supplier on 13:53 - Apr 21 with 2403 viewsCamberleyR

Dryworld seem to be good enough for a team who have been four times Brazillian champions. Unless you're on a wind up...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New kit supplier on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 2379 viewsCamberleyR

New kit supplier on 13:52 - Apr 21 by makaveli1882

A ten year deal is a terrible idea, a sponsor that nobody knows who I doubt are paying any serious money.

If we did get promoted over the next few years we could not get a better offer from another kit manufacture.

It seems the club are in rush to get money quick like the season tickets and the kit sponsor without looking at the bigger picture.

Say what you like about the Hoops not going all the way round but you cant fault Nike for the training gear, jackets, Hoodies etc ..... That's why you probably own some sought of Nike merchandise and not waterworld or dryworld or whatever it's called.

The financial aspect is obviously import, but the priority for the club was to have complete autonomy over our kits = We have Hoops next year, but have a worse financial deal than we was on, and we are stuck with it for 10 years!!

Fair do's to the club for listening to the fans about the Hoops though

Nike in 1970 were what Dryworld are today.

Regarding the point you made of the 10 year deal, I shouldn't think that it is set in stone and if we were to have a Leicester-esque period over the next few years it could be re-negotiated.

As for the hoops going all the way round, yes it is important to me and a lot of others and I'd happily trade that if it meant not having the other old Nike branded tat made by an 8 year old kid in a Vietnamese sweat shop.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 14:03]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New kit supplier on 14:06 - Apr 21 with 2352 viewsAntti_Heinola

Post of the Year! Especially as it was written having been privy to the full terms and conditions of the agreement.
On Saturday I'll be invading the pitch with a DryWorld flag which I intend to burn in the centre circle while dressed as a clown as a subtle metaphor for how our once great club is being run. Then, before it turns into ashes, I'll p!ss on it - and if I can get hold of the new club crest, I'll P1ss on that, too.
Join me Hooparoo, if you believe in all this as passionately as me.

Bare bones.

New kit supplier on 14:24 - Apr 21 with 2300 viewsNorthernr

Really hope that's an OTT wind up!
New kit supplier on 14:33 - Apr 21 with 2280 viewsHooparoo

New kit supplier on 14:06 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

Post of the Year! Especially as it was written having been privy to the full terms and conditions of the agreement.
On Saturday I'll be invading the pitch with a DryWorld flag which I intend to burn in the centre circle while dressed as a clown as a subtle metaphor for how our once great club is being run. Then, before it turns into ashes, I'll p!ss on it - and if I can get hold of the new club crest, I'll P1ss on that, too.
Join me Hooparoo, if you believe in all this as passionately as me.

I like the new crest but I think that it is a mistake picking an unknown kit manufacturer with a bizarre name and compounding the mistake by signing up for 10 years.

Marketing 101 - brand recognition, channel distribution, image. Good luck finding a sports store that has even heard of the brand Dryworld let alone stocking it.

Puma seem to understand that Reading kits have proper hoops but we have gone all esoteric with a nobody brand just because Nike fcked our kits up.

This is a forum after all so this is my opinion. If you don't care about the brand then buy one of the new kits. You'll have to buy it from the club online store though because I doubt you'll find it anywhere else.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New kit supplier on 14:44 - Apr 21 with 2248 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New kit supplier on 14:33 - Apr 21 by Hooparoo

I like the new crest but I think that it is a mistake picking an unknown kit manufacturer with a bizarre name and compounding the mistake by signing up for 10 years.

Marketing 101 - brand recognition, channel distribution, image. Good luck finding a sports store that has even heard of the brand Dryworld let alone stocking it.

Puma seem to understand that Reading kits have proper hoops but we have gone all esoteric with a nobody brand just because Nike fcked our kits up.

This is a forum after all so this is my opinion. If you don't care about the brand then buy one of the new kits. You'll have to buy it from the club online store though because I doubt you'll find it anywhere else.

I think our club is being well-run at the moment so your original post seemed a small bit excitable to me, but I agree with a lot of what you've said in this post.

I too would worry about the ten-year deal and I would also worry about getting shops to stock Dryworld.

For my part, I reckon it sounds like a type of plasterboard.

I love the fact that we've got a full say in our kit design, though. Love it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New kit supplier on 14:44 - Apr 21 with 2248 viewsYorkRanger

Just on the point of Bizarre names - are Adidas, Under Armour, Macron not all bizarre names in the sense of they mean nothing (I dont believe they do anyway).

In terms of having to buy the kit from the club - why would you not do that anyway. Does anyone really go into Sports Direct and look for a QPR shirt?
New kit supplier on 14:48 - Apr 21 with 2230 viewsNorthernr

- They don't come any bigger than Nike in the world of sports merchandise and gear, and yet they've been our worst kit supplier for years. Worse than Lotto even. Big isn't always best, they've simply not given a sht about us.

- Nike told us in the first season that we had to take an 'off the shelf' design because they didn't have enough lead in time to design us a proper one. The kits were hideous, and didn't sell. Marketing 101 - you can't polish a turd, if the kit is sht people won't buy it, whether it's made by an amazing brand or not.

- Given that lead in time, Nike then managed to produce substandard kits for us again this season. The club is now forced to give them away for free at fans forums and away games just to shift the stock because, again, nobody has bought one. Marketing 101 - you can't polish a turd, if the kit is sht people won't buy it, whether it's made by an amazing brand or not.

- You already have to buy the shirts from the club shop and online store because good luck finding a sports store that stocks the QPR kit wheoever it's made by. We've got one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe 200 yards away from our turnstiles but I challenge you to go in there and find a QPR shirt from this year, even though Nike make it.

- The new suppliers have already committed to Hoops that go all the way round, this is already better than the sht we've had from Nike.

- They may be new and small, but that could work well for us. They want to move into Europe, they're not going to do that by doing a poor job and producing awful kits for us are they? They'll make more effort to get this right as part of their expansion plans. They can hardly care less than Nike who wouldn't even let us have a say in our own kits - in fact they've committed to bespoke designs so they've already done more than that.

- UnderArmour were new in the UK when they took the Spurs contract and that relationship, and the kits, seems to have gone really well for that reason.

- The club have, once again, listened to the supporters and acted, binning off one of the world's biggest brands to try and keep us happy.

Hope they look half decent now I've said all that

New kit supplier on 15:09 - Apr 21 with 2168 viewsA40Bosh

New kit supplier on 14:48 - Apr 21 by Northernr

- They don't come any bigger than Nike in the world of sports merchandise and gear, and yet they've been our worst kit supplier for years. Worse than Lotto even. Big isn't always best, they've simply not given a sht about us.

- Nike told us in the first season that we had to take an 'off the shelf' design because they didn't have enough lead in time to design us a proper one. The kits were hideous, and didn't sell. Marketing 101 - you can't polish a turd, if the kit is sht people won't buy it, whether it's made by an amazing brand or not.

- Given that lead in time, Nike then managed to produce substandard kits for us again this season. The club is now forced to give them away for free at fans forums and away games just to shift the stock because, again, nobody has bought one. Marketing 101 - you can't polish a turd, if the kit is sht people won't buy it, whether it's made by an amazing brand or not.

- You already have to buy the shirts from the club shop and online store because good luck finding a sports store that stocks the QPR kit wheoever it's made by. We've got one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe 200 yards away from our turnstiles but I challenge you to go in there and find a QPR shirt from this year, even though Nike make it.

- The new suppliers have already committed to Hoops that go all the way round, this is already better than the sht we've had from Nike.

- They may be new and small, but that could work well for us. They want to move into Europe, they're not going to do that by doing a poor job and producing awful kits for us are they? They'll make more effort to get this right as part of their expansion plans. They can hardly care less than Nike who wouldn't even let us have a say in our own kits - in fact they've committed to bespoke designs so they've already done more than that.

- UnderArmour were new in the UK when they took the Spurs contract and that relationship, and the kits, seems to have gone really well for that reason.

- The club have, once again, listened to the supporters and acted, binning off one of the world's biggest brands to try and keep us happy.

The gamble here is that Dryworld need to ensure that they focus on a small select number of clients that get them exposure if not an actual foothold in the market and then "deliver" to their clients according to the old Project Management hard and fast laws, "On time, On Budget, On Quality: Every Time".

I would imagine that if you are a clothing manufacturer designing and manufacturing a football kit is not rocket science, but you still have to get the science right in terms of materials and durability. Then it is all down to delivery. If you don't take on too many clients then you have the capacity to delivery to those clients and build up a reputation which then leads to more clients. Hopefully we are on board at the right time and this turns out to be a long and successful relationship.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

New kit supplier on 15:12 - Apr 21 with 2148 viewsAntti_Heinola

New kit supplier on 14:48 - Apr 21 by Northernr

What he said.

Hooparoo, as I've said a million times on here: you're well entitled to your opinion, and by the same coin, I'm well entitled to take the p!ss out of it ;)

'a bizarre name'. Christ, one of the biggest sports brand in the world is 'Head' a euphemism for oral sex, and it has a logo that actually looks like the head of a penis. Let's try and remain calm, shall we? Then there was 'Pony' of course.

A company only a few years old and already has some major contracts. Sounds like it's doing well.

As for the 10 year contract thing, I see you chose to ignore my sarcasm about the terms of the deal. You don't know them. Best not to make assumptions until you do.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024