Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 135169 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:49 - Jun 24 with 2201 viewsBrightonhoop

This is a disaster that will take several days to dawn on us all. The next 7 days are critical. For a country 7 years into austerity a lurch to the right, and £35 Billion lost over night, is not very clever and the last thing needed.
Sinn Fein already at it. Every possibility the Gib border will be closed, Spanish may well march in there.And the Scots will want out.England will be a shadow of its former self in a year or two.
Be careful what you wish for folks.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:50 - Jun 24 with 2198 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:42 - Jun 24 by essextaxiboy

I enjoyed the jousts with you .Fair played .
When Cameron steps down , lets look at the FTSE and the £ then . I think they will be back by then .
There are already leaks from Treasury staff saying the report stretched the data to reach ridiculous conclusion .
The Scots and Irish deserve a vote , we need concensus to move forward , however they would have to join the single currency if they chose EU over UK ...

The Scots maybe but what would Northen Ireland be voting for. I would suggest there would be no majority to join Eire
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:51 - Jun 24 with 2184 viewsrrrspricey

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:21 - Jun 24 by Konk

I'm now moving for independence for London, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool. Scotland too. Bexley, Barking, Hillingdon etc will obviously be cut adrift from "Proper" London. We'll introduce an Australian style points system to determine who gets to work/live in our city states. We can each be like Singapore if only we're brave enough. The future is bright if we can free ourselves from the shackles of the rest of the country. We have nothing in common with the people of Clacton or Chichester - we clearly want different things from the rest of the country. Our future is one outside the UK.

Any room for Tunbridge Wells in your new independent union?...only area in Kent to vote remain.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:53 - Jun 24 with 2179 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Blame the EUrocrats 'More Europe, more Europe, more Europe' well what they didn't deign to do was asked us if we wanted 'more Europe' guess they now know we didn't.

This is the reason i voted out.

Maybe if we'd had that referendum we were promised on the Lisbon treaty we would still be in.

EDIT Eurocats sounds like a Brussels swing band.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 8:57]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:07 - Jun 24 with 2116 viewsKonk

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:51 - Jun 24 by rrrspricey

Any room for Tunbridge Wells in your new independent union?...only area in Kent to vote remain.

We’re going to set-up a federal system of Remaintastic City states (Remainia Britannica?), with relations with other Remain outposts in the provinces granted associate status, meaning people from those provinces can live and work in the likes of London, Bristol and Manchester. The rest of the country can fu ck-off. No longer will people from the Home counties and the likes of Bexley and Hillingdon, crowd our roads, trains and tubes. No longer will Londoners have to queue up for ten fuc king minutes to buy a sandwich in Pret because of the sheer number of home counties cun ts queuing up to buy their coffee. Chelsea-supporting t wats from the Home counties will now need visas before they’re allowed into London to watch their side, and under our Australian style points system, all Chelsea fans will start off with a score of -20,000 points. We shall be free and we shall prosper with our fellow travellers from around the nation. Be brave, fellow Londoners; stand tall, face the rest of the country and bellow loudly in their collective, podgy red faces, “Fu ck-off England!”.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 9:11]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:09 - Jun 24 with 2097 viewsrobith

I hope all the Brexiters here today are happy and I hope that you can deliver on what you thought it would.

Me, I'm sceptical, and with a heavy heart am spending today making contingency plans. My job is consumer demand dependent and my wife's job won't last 30 seconds in a recession with a Johnson government . She's from Dublin, and there's a big amount of my industry based there too, so that seems the likely destination.

I also just generally give up. There's only so many times I can have my world views thrown in my face by the people before I lose all my soul. I don't have the strength to fight the current any more.

Good luck everyone, and try to be excellent to each other.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:11 - Jun 24 with 2081 viewsTheBlob

The silent majority wins again.The bullying,insults and intimidation didn't quite work did it.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:12 - Jun 24 with 2078 viewsElHoop

The FTSE has recovered somewhat - it's above 6000 anyway.

If the dollar gets back to 1.40 and we can hold it there then I think that we should be happy enough all things considered.

Now it will be interesting to see what the EU comes up with.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:12 - Jun 24 with 2075 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's a line in a book about the Irish War of Independence that summed up the exuberance and confusion of the times "the blood was up, what it was up to nobody knew".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:14 - Jun 24 with 2044 viewsjohncharles

Sunderland siding with Boris Johnson.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:19 - Jun 24 with 2018 viewsPhildo

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:09 - Jun 24 by robith

I hope all the Brexiters here today are happy and I hope that you can deliver on what you thought it would.

Me, I'm sceptical, and with a heavy heart am spending today making contingency plans. My job is consumer demand dependent and my wife's job won't last 30 seconds in a recession with a Johnson government . She's from Dublin, and there's a big amount of my industry based there too, so that seems the likely destination.

I also just generally give up. There's only so many times I can have my world views thrown in my face by the people before I lose all my soul. I don't have the strength to fight the current any more.

Good luck everyone, and try to be excellent to each other.

A lot of traders in Dublin delighted as they think huge swathes of financial services coming their way from London. Rural Ireland bucked as main agriculture export market thrown into doubt. New Zealand lamb anyone?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:20 - Jun 24 with 1996 viewsKonk

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:11 - Jun 24 by TheBlob

The silent majority wins again.The bullying,insults and intimidation didn't quite work did it.

Bit early to judge whether anyone's "won". I have a funny feeling that the average punter in Hartlepool or Dudley won't have "won" much or anything at all as a result of this vote. Their lives will still be a struggle, with the people who run the country either unable or more likely, unwilling, to do anything about their situation.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:21 - Jun 24 with 1990 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:19 - Jun 24 by Phildo

A lot of traders in Dublin delighted as they think huge swathes of financial services coming their way from London. Rural Ireland bucked as main agriculture export market thrown into doubt. New Zealand lamb anyone?

Cape grapes and apples - no more of that pallid tasteless shit from the EU.
And the sun is peeping out from behind the clouds.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:42 - Jun 24 with 1895 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:07 - Jun 24 by Konk

We’re going to set-up a federal system of Remaintastic City states (Remainia Britannica?), with relations with other Remain outposts in the provinces granted associate status, meaning people from those provinces can live and work in the likes of London, Bristol and Manchester. The rest of the country can fu ck-off. No longer will people from the Home counties and the likes of Bexley and Hillingdon, crowd our roads, trains and tubes. No longer will Londoners have to queue up for ten fuc king minutes to buy a sandwich in Pret because of the sheer number of home counties cun ts queuing up to buy their coffee. Chelsea-supporting t wats from the Home counties will now need visas before they’re allowed into London to watch their side, and under our Australian style points system, all Chelsea fans will start off with a score of -20,000 points. We shall be free and we shall prosper with our fellow travellers from around the nation. Be brave, fellow Londoners; stand tall, face the rest of the country and bellow loudly in their collective, podgy red faces, “Fu ck-off England!”.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 9:11]

Funniest post yet on Brexit.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:44 - Jun 24 with 1888 viewsMick_S

My friend's young son thought we'd been knocked out of the Euros.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:54 - Jun 24 with 1816 viewsisawqpratwcity

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:11 - Jun 24 by TheBlob

Fair enough, Blob.

But you have to agree that the majority isn't overwhelming and a lot of the claims of both sides left something to be desired.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:59 - Jun 24 with 1789 viewshoof_hearted

I'd rather we were still in and working for reform but we're not so we work harder to make this work instead.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:01 - Jun 24 with 1769 viewsisawqpratwcity

Next question is, how is this to be judged a success:

Exchange rates against the Euro and US$?
Employment figures?
Average earnings?
GDP?

And over what period: 1, 5 or 10 years?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:03 - Jun 24 with 1761 viewsRs_Holy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:59 - Jun 24 by hoof_hearted

I'd rather we were still in and working for reform but we're not so we work harder to make this work instead.

In the words of Jimmy.... "It is what it is ... we move on"
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:06 - Jun 24 with 1739 viewsDiscodroids

'That's a very good question on immigration Mr Dimbleby , but what really concerns people that I've spoken to on the doorsteps of my constituency in the North East * /Midlands*/Wales*/South West*/ The south West* /Home counties* /South east*/The North * .....is something else entirely that I prepared earlier. Such as the safety of the white tailed bumblebee within the EU.

*Delete as appropriate.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 10:07]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:08 - Jun 24 with 1724 viewsCanadaRanger

For Reform to work it should have offered the same benefits to all member states. That would have meant recapturing some powers by each nation. Euro-federalists, who would like to see the end of nation states as part of "an ever closer union" would never have allowed that to happen. Result is fracture. UK is the first. It won't be the last.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:08 - Jun 24 with 1717 viewshoof_hearted

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:03 - Jun 24 by Rs_Holy

In the words of Jimmy.... "It is what it is ... we move on"

ha ha! I actually typed "we are where we are" and realised the error of my ways in time!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:11 - Jun 24 with 1696 viewsLblock

Did you not see the statement from the unelected, self serving, nightmare Mr Junckers Bomber earlier this week?

There will be no further reforms to the EU. End of.

As an organisation their only reforms in 30 years have been restrictive and I do not see them dissolving powers unless another major powerhouse like Holland also jump ship.

The experiment didn't work.
Merkel will not have her federal state
The dust will settle in six months

As Marvin said "Let's Get It On"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:16 - Jun 24 with 1667 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:01 - Jun 24 by isawqpratwcity

Next question is, how is this to be judged a success:

Exchange rates against the Euro and US$?
Employment figures?
Average earnings?
GDP?

And over what period: 1, 5 or 10 years?

Well, making the pound sterling worthless should help to stop economic migrants....
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:25 - Jun 24 with 1620 viewsRs_Holy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:16 - Jun 24 by Brightonhoop

Well, making the pound sterling worthless should help to stop economic migrants....

Makes British products cheaper abroad too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024