Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 134099 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:13 - Jun 23 with 2319 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:07 - Jun 23 by daveB

They have no idea and are just putting out generous odds for one side so that people are stupid enough to bet on it. Even if they lose a few quid on that bet most punters betting on this will quickly lose the money on something else
[Post edited 23 Jun 2016 15:08]

Not how they work in this day and age Dave.

If a market loses heavily odds compilers will be asked why & in any case most have computer models set up to change odds automatically based on weight of money.

Punters gamble - bookies rarely do.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:35 - Jun 23 with 2268 viewsPinnerPaul

Latest - About half a dozen have now closed their books on this market now.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:08 - Jun 23 with 2220 viewsLongsufferingR

Can somebody explain to me why we should leave or stay please?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:09 - Jun 23 with 2219 viewsmartincook

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:10 - Jun 23 by Mytch_QPR

Tactical Rs post is very insightful (and his longest to date as far as I am aware).

I have certainly been concerned about the UK's diminishing power - what we do manufacture is generally on behalf of foreign owners. I keep getting told we are great at selling 'services' - which I take to generally mean finance.

It's a very interesting point about house prices and the smoke and mirrors game surrounding our perceived sense of wealth. The market is based on people borrowing ever increasing amounts at ever cheaper rates and over longer periods. It is a house of cards to a large extent - and that's speaking from someone in the industry.

I'm not saying that I have any answers to all of this - but this referendum has made people think in a much wider context than a normal election, mainly because it's binary and therefore polarises opinion. It's made us all ask some probing questions of ourselves (often without any definitive answers) and we've seen the politicians make some desperate claims in pursuit of their causes. It will be interesting to see if this process makes people feel more engaged at the next election or has the opposite effect.

By the way, who is the mysterious martincook and did he name his cheese????
[Post edited 23 Jun 2016 14:17]

Mysterious martincook is Martin Cook. Of course I named my cheese. It's stilton (sorry, Brighton - disappointing, I know!) By the way, I like Tactical R's latest post. I've done my best to take it all in. But where am I going wrong? What should I believe in? Which way should I have voted?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:19 - Jun 23 with 2187 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:09 - Jun 23 by martincook

Mysterious martincook is Martin Cook. Of course I named my cheese. It's stilton (sorry, Brighton - disappointing, I know!) By the way, I like Tactical R's latest post. I've done my best to take it all in. But where am I going wrong? What should I believe in? Which way should I have voted?

That's the whole point, Martin. Nobody knows for sure, but everyone is seemingly fed up with the whole thing.

You haven't done anything wrong (as far as I am aware) but can you get a decent Stilton in France? Do the French buy it?

The worrying thing is that you seem very knowledgeable about the whole subject, so if you actually don't know which side of the fence you are on then there's little hope for the rest of us!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:27 - Jun 23 with 2158 viewshoof_hearted

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:08 - Jun 23 by LongsufferingR

... post of the referendum award! Nobody knows for sure but it doesn't stop them explaining why they're right. Again. And again...and once again in case you didn't change your mind having been directed to a you tube clip that clearly means everyone else is an idiot.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2016 16:29]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:34 - Jun 23 with 2126 viewsPhildo

Can we all agree that twunts who turn up at 9.59 tonight and complain that they did not get to vote should be burned as peace offerings by both sides in a big party after the event?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:36 - Jun 23 with 2117 viewsmartincook

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:19 - Jun 23 by Mytch_QPR

That's the whole point, Martin. Nobody knows for sure, but everyone is seemingly fed up with the whole thing.

You haven't done anything wrong (as far as I am aware) but can you get a decent Stilton in France? Do the French buy it?

The worrying thing is that you seem very knowledgeable about the whole subject, so if you actually don't know which side of the fence you are on then there's little hope for the rest of us!

Can you get a decent Stilton in France? Can you f4ck! As Luther Blissett once said when he couldn't get his favourite breakfast cereal or something in Italy, "It's like living in a foreign country." The cheese around here is still brilliant though - sadly I'm not really supposed to eat much of it anymore. It's very nice of you to think of me as knowledgeable but it's too big a thing to do anything other than skim the surface, really. I've just found it interesting to hear what everyone thinks and we're all lucky to be able to put our views out here. Just got back from a routine visit to my "medecin generaliste" (GP), who's going crazy for Britain to stay in. I couldn't bring myself to tell him I'd voted to leave, but I can tell you.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:41 - Jun 23 with 2097 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:27 - Jun 23 by hoof_hearted

... post of the referendum award! Nobody knows for sure but it doesn't stop them explaining why they're right. Again. And again...and once again in case you didn't change your mind having been directed to a you tube clip that clearly means everyone else is an idiot.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2016 16:29]

At least we're doing it on a voluntary basis - the politicians are spouting the same rubbish and being paid good money for it.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:59 - Jun 23 with 2002 viewsDorse

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:08 - Jun 23 by LongsufferingR

I believe it was Professor Strummer who summed up the problem by stating that the trouble caused in the event of staying may be multiplied by a factor of two in the case of an exit, or E = S(T2).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:04 - Jun 23 with 1983 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 17:59 - Jun 23 by Dorse

I believe it was Professor Strummer who summed up the problem by stating that the trouble caused in the event of staying may be multiplied by a factor of two in the case of an exit, or E = S(T2).

Dirty EU stooge.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:43 - Jun 23 with 1929 viewsBrightonhoop

Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere:

A brief History of Europe:

War
War
War
War
War
War
Arguing about straight bananas.

Made oi larf anyway...
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:57 - Jun 23 with 1781 viewsdistortR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:36 - Jun 23 by martincook

Can you get a decent Stilton in France? Can you f4ck! As Luther Blissett once said when he couldn't get his favourite breakfast cereal or something in Italy, "It's like living in a foreign country." The cheese around here is still brilliant though - sadly I'm not really supposed to eat much of it anymore. It's very nice of you to think of me as knowledgeable but it's too big a thing to do anything other than skim the surface, really. I've just found it interesting to hear what everyone thinks and we're all lucky to be able to put our views out here. Just got back from a routine visit to my "medecin generaliste" (GP), who's going crazy for Britain to stay in. I couldn't bring myself to tell him I'd voted to leave, but I can tell you.

Think it was ian Rush not being able to find his bangers.

I could be wrroooonnnnnnggggggggg,
I could be right
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:06 - Jun 23 with 1765 viewsloftboy

I'm confused,is the result decided on total votes or by area?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:09 - Jun 23 with 1761 viewsdaveB

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:06 - Jun 23 by loftboy

I'm confused,is the result decided on total votes or by area?

It's done on total number of votes so if you are in an area which is sure to vote leave your vote for remain will still be important and vice verca
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:15 - Jun 23 with 1746 viewsloftboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:09 - Jun 23 by daveB

It's done on total number of votes so if you are in an area which is sure to vote leave your vote for remain will still be important and vice verca

Cheers dave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:20 - Jun 23 with 1735 viewsmartincook

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:57 - Jun 23 by distortR

Think it was ian Rush not being able to find his bangers.

I could be wrroooonnnnnnggggggggg,
I could be right

Ha! You're probably right. I was sitting in row 3 of the Ellerslie once when we were playing Liverpool and Rushie came galloping over at the speed of light, which was one of his specialties, and arrived just too late to win the ball, despite his determination, whereupon the cheery Scouser sat behind me shouted "Rooshie, yer too slow!" We all laughed but Rushie got up and carried on galloping about. Proper pro.

Anyway, referendum's all done now. Whenever I want to chill out and stop worrying about life and everything, I listen to this track, recorded by the troubled but inimitable Art Pepper.

Hope you like it.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:51 - Jun 23 with 1674 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BBC and ITV both predicting 55-45% remain/leave.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:11 - Jun 24 with 1652 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Newcastle 50.7% remain. Closer than expected.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:17 - Jun 24 with 1635 viewsloftboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:11 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Newcastle 50.7% remain. Closer than expected.

Get in sunderland

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:18 - Jun 24 with 1634 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sunderland votes to leave 61%

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:22 - Jun 24 with 1627 viewsrosseeles

The pound has just taken a huge nosedive against the dollar, down 6 cents in a minute. That's huge
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:22 - Jun 24 with 1620 viewsHollowayRanger

I VOTED OUT

BUT im hoping its a win for remain

simple reason if its out and it goes wrong i'll get all the grief from some of my family friends who are pro eu

but if we remain I CAN SLAG THEM OFF when it DOES go wrong

STERLING (THE MONEY) IS CRASHNG !!!!!!! ALREADY!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:26 - Jun 24 with 1610 viewseastside_r

Looks like we're offski!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:27 - Jun 24 with 1607 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Love this stuff!

Two hours ago it was all over and Remain had walked it, now everybody's looking towards Leave.

High drama.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024