Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 11:48 - Aug 17 with 26673 viewsPinnerPaul

Obviously everyone is out enjoying the sunshine/Olympics so I'll start this one off.

I'm going for a 1-0 (Not very outrageous prediction) win, BFG to score.
Match Thread on 22:31 - Aug 17 with 1905 viewsrsonist

Match Thread on 21:48 - Aug 17 by bosh67

So far it proves that our best tactic is to get the ball to players on the ground in the penalty area. And that JFH still can't figure out how to not concede a goal in the last ten minutes.

Don't start, there's no need. Get a grip.
Match Thread on 22:34 - Aug 17 with 1894 viewsStanisgod

Match Thread on 22:13 - Aug 17 by DeepcutHoop

We score 7 goals in two games and keep two clean sheets, but you're worried about how we've scored the 7 goals?

Of course we'll have more games like this. It's the Championship, and we are QPR! :)

Yeah , at the moment I am worried how the goals have come, and I'm not the only one to mention it.
But then as long as we get 4 penalties every 3 games it doesnt matter does it ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 17 with 1874 viewsStanisgod

Match Thread on 22:13 - Aug 17 by DeepcutHoop

We score 7 goals in two games and keep two clean sheets, but you're worried about how we've scored the 7 goals?

Of course we'll have more games like this. It's the Championship, and we are QPR! :)

And how did we score 7 goals in two games ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 17 with 1874 viewsMytch_QPR

Match Thread on 22:15 - Aug 17 by distortR

But if we do get sucked in we won't have to eat premier league dick?

There is probably a vegatarian / vegan option 🍽
PL has obviously moved on from prawn sandwiches, but I can't get my head round a bag of dicks.
Back to the football, did we try to play our high tempo game tonight or are we already looking a bit jaded?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Match Thread on 22:38 - Aug 17 with 1849 viewsDeepcutHoop

Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 17 by Stanisgod

And how did we score 7 goals in two games ?

By putting the ball in the back of the net.

We scored 7 goals.

1 home game, 2 away.

How exactly is that worrying?
Match Thread on 22:42 - Aug 17 with 1817 viewsDorse

Not having watched or followed this match in any way and having only just found out the score, my considered response to tonight's performance is...

In other news, I had a venison burger with sweet potato fries and several pints of Budvar at Angola 76. That is all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Match Thread on 22:45 - Aug 17 with 1797 viewsvegasranger

Because all our goals have come from dead ball situations. We aren't going to get 4 penalties every 3 games !! Don't create enough in open play.
Match Thread on 22:49 - Aug 17 with 1765 viewsPunteR

Match Thread on 20:35 - Aug 17 by aston_hoop

It seems Karl is resorting to dirty tactics!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 20:36]

This has got to be my highlight tonight ..^^^^^

Apart from sorting out my breakdown cover for £38 .
I'm guessing the mechanic comes out on a bicycle with a bucket and sponge

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 23:10 - Aug 17 with 1641 viewsdaveB

Match Thread on 21:48 - Aug 17 by bosh67

So far it proves that our best tactic is to get the ball to players on the ground in the penalty area. And that JFH still can't figure out how to not concede a goal in the last ten minutes.

We managed it in the first two games. No manager in the history of football has ever found a way to never concede a late goal, happens to everyone
Match Thread on 00:15 - Aug 18 with 1458 viewsDeepcutHoop

Match Thread on 22:45 - Aug 17 by vegasranger

Because all our goals have come from dead ball situations. We aren't going to get 4 penalties every 3 games !! Don't create enough in open play.

But if we're convinced on the evidence of three games that we're never going to score from open play, why can't we say from the same three games that we aren't going to score from set pieces regularly?

We've got into positions to get 4 penalties in three games, that would suggest we're getting into dangerous positions regularly wouldn't it?

And more importantly it's three sodding games, from which we have 6 points, as has been said, get a grip.
Match Thread on 00:43 - Aug 18 with 1416 viewsLythamR

From the away end it looked like a blatant push on Hall for the third and a soft free kick for the second

Barnsley deserved to win on shots and chances created but apart from dodgy defending for the first goal we really put a decent shift in and could have nicked a game we didn't deserve to win.

We are not yet an automatic promotion team, i still think we will fall short of the play offs at the end of the season but tonight wasnt a crap display by QPR, this is just a bit of a reality check
Match Thread on 07:15 - Aug 18 with 1274 viewsingeminate

Match Thread on 00:43 - Aug 18 by LythamR

From the away end it looked like a blatant push on Hall for the third and a soft free kick for the second

Barnsley deserved to win on shots and chances created but apart from dodgy defending for the first goal we really put a decent shift in and could have nicked a game we didn't deserve to win.

We are not yet an automatic promotion team, i still think we will fall short of the play offs at the end of the season but tonight wasnt a crap display by QPR, this is just a bit of a reality check

It really did look like a blatant free kick from the away end. On TV I was surprised how soft it looked. Not really sure what to make of it now. First half I thought we were very poor, but Barnsley were really good, high energy pressing, always looking to play the ball forward, decent one touch passing. Second half we were much better, but overall 3-2 wasn't an unfair result.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Match Thread on 08:24 - Aug 18 with 1167 viewsTacticalR

Match Thread on 07:15 - Aug 18 by ingeminate

It really did look like a blatant free kick from the away end. On TV I was surprised how soft it looked. Not really sure what to make of it now. First half I thought we were very poor, but Barnsley were really good, high energy pressing, always looking to play the ball forward, decent one touch passing. Second half we were much better, but overall 3-2 wasn't an unfair result.

Pressers pressed.

Air hostess clique

Match Thread on 09:35 - Aug 18 with 1076 viewsjohncharles

The first goal was crap defending and eventually lost us the game.

Strong and stable my arse.

Match Thread on 10:12 - Aug 18 with 1020 viewsrobith

I think we should sack someone. Best err on the side of caution
Match Thread on 10:59 - Aug 18 with 956 viewsDando

I didn't watch the game last night, but was Cousins playing on the right hand side and Yeni on the left? Henry does not deserve to be dropped at all, but I think that if/when Cousins plays in the middle, with Yeni on the right and a new left winger - we could be a lot more creative and dangerous. At the moment if feels like we have a solid team but not quite enough in attack to see off games
Match Thread on 11:04 - Aug 18 with 942 viewsDorse

Match Thread on 23:10 - Aug 17 by daveB

We managed it in the first two games. No manager in the history of football has ever found a way to never concede a late goal, happens to everyone

He's being reasonable! Get him!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024