Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something I noticed v Ipswich. 06:34 - Jan 3 with 6307 viewsBerkoRanger

Ollie and the coaches were continually discussing the formation as the match unfolded. Birch was holding a large open folder which they kept referring to and I could see them discussing how to block gaps, refresh the play and what subs might be needed. It looked very professional and something I never saw under JFH. Gives me real confidence that there is a transfer plan as well.
Did anyone else spot this during the game?
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 07:02 - Jan 3 with 6251 viewsozexile

I did see that. Also thought moving Hall into midfield and bringing onuoha on was excellent. We would have lost the match the way it was going.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 7:03]
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 07:06 - Jan 3 with 6238 viewsHooparoo

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 07:02 - Jan 3 by ozexile

I did see that. Also thought moving Hall into midfield and bringing onuoha on was excellent. We would have lost the match the way it was going.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 7:03]

Agree. I also think that Ollie is starting to get his ideas across to the players. Probably taken them several weeks to get his accent.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 08:23 - Jan 3 with 6099 viewsCanadaRanger

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 07:06 - Jan 3 by Hooparoo

Agree. I also think that Ollie is starting to get his ideas across to the players. Probably taken them several weeks to get his accent.

... and get them 'Bristoling" with confidence?...

:)
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 08:38 - Jan 3 with 6039 viewsJamieNaz

Alternative interpretation being that under JFH they players had a system that they had been trained in, and currently we're flailing about a bit playing so many different formations and game plans with a tombola picking the lineup.

Now, I don't think that's right either, but having a big book of tactics that you're constantly looking at is a bit amateur.
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 08:51 - Jan 3 with 5991 viewsCanadaRanger

I don't care how he does it if he gets a few players to play a "binder", turn the page on December, and file away another 3 points...

Unbeaten in 2017!
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 09:11 - Jan 3 with 5939 viewsLongsufferingR

JFH was constantly consulting with David Oldfield on the touchline and got criticised on here for it as apparently then it was a sign of not knowing what to do!
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 09:59 - Jan 3 with 5788 viewsrobith

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 08:38 - Jan 3 by JamieNaz

Alternative interpretation being that under JFH they players had a system that they had been trained in, and currently we're flailing about a bit playing so many different formations and game plans with a tombola picking the lineup.

Now, I don't think that's right either, but having a big book of tactics that you're constantly looking at is a bit amateur.

p sure I saw Juan Mata being prepped to come on yesterday with a big laminated binder of tactics. Play books are pretty common across sports now aren't they?
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 10:45 - Jan 3 with 5668 viewsenfieldargh

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 09:59 - Jan 3 by robith

p sure I saw Juan Mata being prepped to come on yesterday with a big laminated binder of tactics. Play books are pretty common across sports now aren't they?

also NFL coaches they are a bunch of amateurs with their silly play books.

Ned went onto the pitch V Norwich with a note pad in his hand!!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 11:11 - Jan 3 with 5594 viewsfrancisbowles

A note was passed on again yesterday and whilst Grant Hall was trying to read it an Ipswich player tried to grab it!
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 11:13 - Jan 3 with 5588 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 12:33 - Jan 3 with 5393 viewsKonk

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 11:13 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

Technical areas are big enough to accommodate them, so it seems stupid to me that teams don’t set-up war room type operations in front of the dug outs. Tony Fernandes could second some of the Air Asia stewardesses to move the players about on the table with croupier rakes, whilst Holloway and Bircham bark out instructions in semaphore and morse code. Who wouldn’t enjoy that?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 12:43 - Jan 3 with 5345 viewsMick_S

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 12:33 - Jan 3 by Konk

Technical areas are big enough to accommodate them, so it seems stupid to me that teams don’t set-up war room type operations in front of the dug outs. Tony Fernandes could second some of the Air Asia stewardesses to move the players about on the table with croupier rakes, whilst Holloway and Bircham bark out instructions in semaphore and morse code. Who wouldn’t enjoy that?

That is brilliant Konk - guess who works across the road from Churchill's wartime bunker in Uxbridge. Yep, that's right - I do. I'm on to the club now.

This could be shoving marvelous.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 5282 viewsbosh67

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 11:11 - Jan 3 by francisbowles

A note was passed on again yesterday and whilst Grant Hall was trying to read it an Ipswich player tried to grab it!

I saw that too. It was quite funny. At first I thought it was a card that the bench wanted the players to sign for someone while they were playing!

I thought Hall was back to his absolute best yesterday. When he moved forward to break up play we kind of got the midfield back, because he crashed into everything and in the end, it was the Ipswich midfield bottling the 50 50 tackles. Hall got every one of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 13:06 - Jan 3 with 5248 viewsKonk

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 12:43 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

That is brilliant Konk - guess who works across the road from Churchill's wartime bunker in Uxbridge. Yep, that's right - I do. I'm on to the club now.

Make it happen, Mick. Out of the bunker and into the Technical area — let’s embrace this technology. “Mayday! Mayday! Bandit at 12 o’clock, Smithies!”

You could get a Churchill impersonator to sit on the bench and wander about giving it the old Victory signs and smoking a cigar when Rangers score, and a bugler belting out the last post when you concede. Play recordings of Churchill's speeches over the tannoy before games, have an air raid siren wailing, flash the flood lights on an off with a few fire crackers going off. If I was a player, playing in that environment, I'd be off my tit s on inspiration.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 13:17]

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 13:58 - Jan 3 with 5101 viewsdanehoop

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 13:06 - Jan 3 by Konk

Make it happen, Mick. Out of the bunker and into the Technical area — let’s embrace this technology. “Mayday! Mayday! Bandit at 12 o’clock, Smithies!”

You could get a Churchill impersonator to sit on the bench and wander about giving it the old Victory signs and smoking a cigar when Rangers score, and a bugler belting out the last post when you concede. Play recordings of Churchill's speeches over the tannoy before games, have an air raid siren wailing, flash the flood lights on an off with a few fire crackers going off. If I was a player, playing in that environment, I'd be off my tit s on inspiration.

I think if you were seeing that environment you'd probably just be off your tits.

Never knowingly understood

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 14:46 - Jan 3 with 5023 viewsenfieldargh

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 12:43 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

They will have to put the Battleships game on Ebay

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 17:21 - Jan 3 with 4881 viewsterryb

Now, now Konk.

You know that you can't smoke or enjoy a glass of red while your in view of the game!
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 18:50 - Jan 3 with 4750 viewsTW_R

I believe the folder contains a number of football phrases in different languages. I'm pretty sure I heard Bircham shout at Sylla "Mettez la balle dans le dos du sac d'oignon" just before he scored.
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 19:02 - Jan 3 with 4719 viewsCanadaRanger

"We shall fight them on the benches..."

/
Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 19:27 - Jan 3 with 4678 viewsHollowayRanger

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 11:11 - Jan 3 by francisbowles

yea I saw that the note was being passed around the defenders and I was saying to myself don't let the ispwich players see it ......then one made a grab for it off hall lol wonder what would have happened if he got it

in end hall tucked it inside his sock

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 19:46 - Jan 3 with 4633 viewsKonk

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 17:21 - Jan 3 by terryb

Now, now Konk.

You know that you can't smoke or enjoy a glass of red while your in view of the game!

Oh, Terry, please tell me they haven't banned gin based cocktails too?! Okay, the Churchill impersonator can wander about vaping with a can of Fanta. It's a compromise we might have to make.

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 20:05 - Jan 3 with 4598 viewsKonk

I think you're onto something there, Canada!

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Penalty area, to ride out the storm of midfield probing, and to outlive the menace of tricky opposition wing play, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of Ian Holloway and the rest of the dugout. That is the will of Tony Fernandes, Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos. The Rangers defence and the Rangers midfield, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death the integrity of their goal, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength. Even though large tracts of the pitch and many old and famous Players such as Karl Henry have fallen or may fall into the grip of the opposition and all the odious apparatus of Fulham/Derby/Preston rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in our six yard box, we shall fight down by the corner flag, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength In the technical areas, we shall defend our goal, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the benches, we shall fight in the tunnel, we shall fight in the mixed media area and in the dressing rooms, we shall fight in corporate hospitality; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, our penalty area or a large part of it were subjugated and struggling, then our Players beyond the touch line, armed and guarded by the Fourth official would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the substitutes, with all their power and might, step forth to the rescue and the liberation of players such as Sandro, who visibly begin to tire after an hour.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 20:08]

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:40 - Jan 4 with 4402 viewsisawqpratwcity

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 12:33 - Jan 3 by Konk

When the controller announces "Bandit at 30,000", she's calling Sandro for his wages.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 0:41]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 07:43 - Jan 4 with 4320 viewsBoston

Something I noticed v Ipswich. on 19:02 - Jan 3 by CanadaRanger

"We shall fight them on the benches..."

/

....and still be ugly in the morning.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024