Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STANS GAME 21:31 - Jul 4 with 46885 viewsdigswellhoop

IAM TOTALY DISGUSTED THAT ONLY 3.500 TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD WHWRE ARE THE QPR FANS IF ITS NOT A FULL HOUSE WE WILL BE A DISGRACE
STANS GAME on 10:27 - Jul 6 with 3561 viewsRs_Holy

STANS GAME on 09:52 - Jul 6 by daveB

I don't think the opponents should matter, the idea is to raise money for Stan so not sure why people don't just buy tickets whether they can go or not. If they sell out and only 6,000 turn up it won't matter as the money will have been raised.

The idea of the foundation is to raise money for different players who need help but Stan is the first one

I can fully understand younger fans saying "it was way before my time and I never saw him play". BUT you have to believe us old farts when we say he was an absolute Rangers legend.
On the pitch he was a genius (natural ability like Taraabt).
Off the pitch he was larger than life. If you get a chance read his book you will not regret it. We will never see the likes of Stan Bowles again... An absolute 1 off!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stan-Bowles-Autobiography/dp/0752860569
STANS GAME on 11:15 - Jul 6 with 3507 viewsozexile

I'm gonna buy 2 x tickets even though I'm not able to go. Surely people will be able to pay on the day?
STANS GAME on 11:17 - Jul 6 with 3501 viewsLunarJetman

More than likely but can't see it pushing the attendance that much higher...
STANS GAME on 11:42 - Jul 6 with 3464 viewsAntti_Heinola

STANS GAME on 09:36 - Jul 6 by paulparker

If your going to raise money in a benefit game and get the crowd to be over 10k then you need to find a better opponents than Bournemouth ,
Danny Maddix had a testimonial against Spurs around 15 years ago or so and the crowd was good it must have been about 14k , your never going to get any more than 5k for Bournemouth no matter who its for
the whole thing has been badly managed from the fans to the board I feel sorry for Stan and his family more than anything else they deserve better
we have had 18 months and some since the Rotherham game to get something sorted we could of had and should have sorted something better , Sunderland have celtic this year in a pre season friendly why couldn't we have tried that or Rangers or Jamaica if we had planned something better got someone in decent we could have shared the money between, stan, frank sibley and dave Thomas ,
the whole thing has been p1ss poor

I'm sure they did try bigger clubs. I don't think they just rang bournemouth got a yes and stopped there.
I think the club has done really well, far better than it would have done a few years ago. And i think the fans have wirked bloody hard too. Hoos has been very honest about logistics and benefits to Stan.
The problem with your view is it proves that we don't have enough fans who are that bothered. The way the most self-righteous went on, we could have played Hanwell and people would be hanging from the rafters just for Stan. The Celtic game and the Jamaica game a few years back had big attendances not due to QPR fans, but due to fans of the oppo.
Fact is, if it was just about cash, we should have done a crowdfunder where people could get prizes such as Stan memorabilia or tours of the ground or a game in a box with 4 legends or whatever - would have been easy to raise good money from that kind of thing.

Bare bones.

STANS GAME on 12:03 - Jul 6 with 3439 viewsNorthernr

STANS GAME on 09:36 - Jul 6 by paulparker

If your going to raise money in a benefit game and get the crowd to be over 10k then you need to find a better opponents than Bournemouth ,
Danny Maddix had a testimonial against Spurs around 15 years ago or so and the crowd was good it must have been about 14k , your never going to get any more than 5k for Bournemouth no matter who its for
the whole thing has been badly managed from the fans to the board I feel sorry for Stan and his family more than anything else they deserve better
we have had 18 months and some since the Rotherham game to get something sorted we could of had and should have sorted something better , Sunderland have celtic this year in a pre season friendly why couldn't we have tried that or Rangers or Jamaica if we had planned something better got someone in decent we could have shared the money between, stan, frank sibley and dave Thomas ,
the whole thing has been p1ss poor

Ok Sunderland have got Celtic this year, fair enough, that would have been good. But over the last five or six years pre-season has changed for clubs like us. You used to able to guarantee a Spurs, Chelsea, Celtic type would come down for a game. Now they're too busy fcking about on converted baseball diamonds in the US, or in front of 80,000 screaming idiots in knock off Man Utd kit in the Far East, or playing some no-mark Australian side at a cricket ground 12,000 miles away.

You're now always going to really struggle to get Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, these sorts down here with a first team out because they're too busy whoring themselves out round the world.

One of the problems with this game IMO is that anybody at any point anywhere along the line who asked "is a game really the best way to do this?" "would it be well attended?" "will it wash its face" was immediately shouted down as an enemy of the club, didn't understand the club, didn't understand the history and so on. The grief Hoos has had for asking these very valid questions has been out of order in my opinion.

It had to be a match, it had to be as soon as possible, it wouldn't matter who it was against as hundreds of thousands would want to turn up, and anybody who said different was an idiot, when actually they were valid questions and concerns which needed to be examined in a grown up way.

Feel sorry for Hoos and Taylor at the club who really can't win, and the committee that got set up which seems to me to be working really hard and doing its best. All of them in a no win situation.

This post has been edited by an administrator
STANS GAME on 12:09 - Jul 6 with 3405 viewsozexile

STANS GAME on 12:03 - Jul 6 by Northernr

Ok Sunderland have got Celtic this year, fair enough, that would have been good. But over the last five or six years pre-season has changed for clubs like us. You used to able to guarantee a Spurs, Chelsea, Celtic type would come down for a game. Now they're too busy fcking about on converted baseball diamonds in the US, or in front of 80,000 screaming idiots in knock off Man Utd kit in the Far East, or playing some no-mark Australian side at a cricket ground 12,000 miles away.

You're now always going to really struggle to get Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, these sorts down here with a first team out because they're too busy whoring themselves out round the world.

One of the problems with this game IMO is that anybody at any point anywhere along the line who asked "is a game really the best way to do this?" "would it be well attended?" "will it wash its face" was immediately shouted down as an enemy of the club, didn't understand the club, didn't understand the history and so on. The grief Hoos has had for asking these very valid questions has been out of order in my opinion.

It had to be a match, it had to be as soon as possible, it wouldn't matter who it was against as hundreds of thousands would want to turn up, and anybody who said different was an idiot, when actually they were valid questions and concerns which needed to be examined in a grown up way.

Feel sorry for Hoos and Taylor at the club who really can't win, and the committee that got set up which seems to me to be working really hard and doing its best. All of them in a no win situation.

Agree with this. I still think a gig at loftus road woukd have been better option. Music of Michael Nyman. Mick jones and friends followed by Baby shambles. Sean walsh as compere. How you'd organise that, god only knows.
STANS GAME on 12:10 - Jul 6 with 3397 viewsTacticalR

@Northernr 'anybody at any point anywhere along the line who asked "is a game really the best way to do this?" "would it be well attended?" "will it wash its face" was immediately shouted down as an enemy of the club'

An enemy of the people, surely?

Air hostess clique

STANS GAME on 12:10 - Jul 6 with 3384 viewsAntti_Heinola

Spot fkn on.
Insert that Citizen Kane clapping thing here.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

STANS GAME on 12:19 - Jul 6 with 3343 viewsNorthernr

Tottenham's pre-season, for instance

Jul 23 Paris Saint-Germain 20:00 / 01:00 Camping World Stadium, Orlando
Jul 26 Roma 20:00 / 01:00 Red Bull Arena, Harrison
Jul 29 Man City 17:00 / 23:00 Nissan Stadium, Nashville
Aug 5 Juventus 17:30 Wembley Stadium, London
STANS GAME on 12:25 - Jul 6 with 3322 viewsTacticalR

Not doing the Brixton Academy I see.

Air hostess clique

STANS GAME on 12:32 - Jul 6 with 3299 viewsLunarJetman

STANS GAME on 12:09 - Jul 6 by ozexile

Agree with this. I still think a gig at loftus road woukd have been better option. Music of Michael Nyman. Mick jones and friends followed by Baby shambles. Sean walsh as compere. How you'd organise that, god only knows.

For which you'd still have probably got around 5-6k paying the same amount per ticket...

It will be logistically easier to host a football match than some sort of gig at the ground as well...
STANS GAME on 12:34 - Jul 6 with 3292 viewsLunarJetman

STANS GAME on 12:10 - Jul 6 by TacticalR

@Northernr 'anybody at any point anywhere along the line who asked "is a game really the best way to do this?" "would it be well attended?" "will it wash its face" was immediately shouted down as an enemy of the club'

An enemy of the people, surely?

Wait for the recriminations after the game as well with it being everyone else's fault but their own...
STANS GAME on 12:54 - Jul 6 with 3260 viewspaulparker

totally agree with you on the big clubs going abroad , I never thought in my wildest dreams they would ever have turned up for Stan and his testimonial
but for QPR fans to have their knickers in a twist over selling just over 5k tickets I don't know what they expect its Bournemouth, a nothing mid table premier league team who by rights should be in league 1 its not going to get people through the door at all
even if its stans day etc it don't matter people are not interested in it , there doesn't seem to be a legends game either, the whole game seems to be something thrown together at last minute .com
since that game against Rotherham we have had nearly 2 years to get something decent sorted for Stan , it could have been anything a pop concert, a game against Celtic or Rangers, have a 3 way tournament with Fulham & Brentford get a national team like Australia , Jamaica or maybe a top Polish team anything to get the crowds in , having a testimonial against Bournemouth is like drawing Blackburn away in the FA Cup and then moaning that you don't sell out your allocation

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

STANS GAME on 13:11 - Jul 6 with 3216 viewsLunarJetman

STANS GAME on 12:54 - Jul 6 by paulparker

totally agree with you on the big clubs going abroad , I never thought in my wildest dreams they would ever have turned up for Stan and his testimonial
but for QPR fans to have their knickers in a twist over selling just over 5k tickets I don't know what they expect its Bournemouth, a nothing mid table premier league team who by rights should be in league 1 its not going to get people through the door at all
even if its stans day etc it don't matter people are not interested in it , there doesn't seem to be a legends game either, the whole game seems to be something thrown together at last minute .com
since that game against Rotherham we have had nearly 2 years to get something decent sorted for Stan , it could have been anything a pop concert, a game against Celtic or Rangers, have a 3 way tournament with Fulham & Brentford get a national team like Australia , Jamaica or maybe a top Polish team anything to get the crowds in , having a testimonial against Bournemouth is like drawing Blackburn away in the FA Cup and then moaning that you don't sell out your allocation

A pop concert wouldn't have drawn any more to the ground mate and see other posters for an explanation as to why bigger teams aren't interested in friendlies like this these days.

In reality, this is about as good as it gets I'm afraid. All those people expecting sell out crowds or playing it at Man City's home ground are sadly deluded.

It would have been far better to organise lots of little events throughout the season and combine the takings. I bet that would have raised more cash.
STANS GAME on 14:37 - Jul 6 with 3044 viewstoboboly

Maybe they should have got Brentford instead of Bournemouth?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

STANS GAME on 14:55 - Jul 6 with 2996 viewskensalriser

Is it a rule or a tradition that clubs don't play pre-season games against clubs in the same division?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

STANS GAME on 14:57 - Jul 6 with 2988 viewsNorthernr

STANS GAME on 14:55 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

Is it a rule or a tradition that clubs don't play pre-season games against clubs in the same division?

odd one isn't it - we played Burton last summer two months before we played them in the league. Didn't think either we or the game in general could get any worse than the friendly - WRONG.
STANS GAME on 15:14 - Jul 6 with 2941 viewstoboboly

STANS GAME on 14:57 - Jul 6 by Northernr

odd one isn't it - we played Burton last summer two months before we played them in the league. Didn't think either we or the game in general could get any worse than the friendly - WRONG.

Went to that friendly to tick off the ground.

Spent the day drinking in Burton, fantastic time. Absolutely bladdered in the ground, game was crap, watched most of the second half from the bar, decimated their pie collection and went back into town for more beers and a curry.

Had I known that would probably be one of the better R's games last season I wouldn't have bothered coming back.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

STANS GAME on 15:32 - Jul 6 with 2895 viewsRs_Holy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/don-shanks-do-it-for-stanley/
STANS GAME on 13:54 - Jul 9 with 2503 viewscolinallcars

Any idea of how the sales are going at the moment ? I was at HQ getting my ticket during the week and there were some other people buying tickets so maybe it's picking up as we get nearer to the day.
STANS GAME on 16:25 - Jul 9 with 2338 viewsNov77

A new 10 minute interview with don shanks on bbc radio london

If this doesn't persuade you to go I'm not sure what will.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

STANS GAME on 16:56 - Jul 9 with 2310 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Hate to use the JFH phrase, but it is what it is.

Whatever has lead us to this point, the sad thing now is that large numbers of us, cannot be 4rsed to pay little more than the price of a couple of pints to see a pre season game against a Prem club.

The fact the proceeds go to supporting ex players (Stan in particular) to me, make it shameful.

Rangers have been part of my life for over fifty years and the cost of the tickets (and chunk of donation) is tiny in comparison to the joy the players have given (Jeez £12 is almost a token) . Not those overpaid underachieving wastrels of recent years but the poor sods who have disappeared into the consciousness of some latterday supporters. Stan may well be potentially considered the author of his own misfortune, but if this game helps when he is in need, or indeed any of the other players pre wage explosion then let's get on it.

If all the people who claimed to have had a tear in their eye, the day Dave Thomas appeared on the pitch with his guide dog actually gave a $hit, we would not be having such a debate.

Perhaps if the pubs around Loftus Road only allowed access on match days upon production of a QPR V Bournemouth ticket stub things would be different....
STANS GAME on 17:02 - Jul 9 with 2297 viewsStanisgod

STANS GAME on 12:54 - Jul 6 by paulparker

I mentioned the legends game idea when this game was announced. Seems an obvious way to go for me.
There must be enough in the forever Rs thingy to get a match together for an hour , Seeing Les in the hoops again would be worth it alone. Speaking of the forever Rs I notice no Clive Alllen yet.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

STANS GAME on 17:25 - Jul 9 with 2263 viewsNov77

I have no interest in the game itself against Bournemouth, the only reason I'm going is for Stan. It'll be the last time he ever sets foot in loftus road. Part of me would be gutted if all that was there to greet him were empty stands, so me and an old mate who used to go to Rangers with me in the seventies are going. Just to say thanks for the memories Stan.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

STANS GAME on 18:28 - Jul 9 with 2172 viewseccles

STANS GAME on 17:25 - Jul 9 by Nov77

I have no interest in the game itself against Bournemouth, the only reason I'm going is for Stan. It'll be the last time he ever sets foot in loftus road. Part of me would be gutted if all that was there to greet him were empty stands, so me and an old mate who used to go to Rangers with me in the seventies are going. Just to say thanks for the memories Stan.

me too. not bothered if its bournemouth or aldershot reserves, I'm going for our number 10.
I havent bothered with a ticket yet, you can pay on the day cant you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024