Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nedam Onouha 18:27 - Aug 12 with 16243 viewsRuislipHoop

Chief,really ???
Nedam Onouha on 10:22 - Aug 27 with 1676 viewsNorthernr

Nedam Onouha on 08:00 - Aug 27 by RuislipHoop

I don't understand the love fest we have on this forum for sub standard players, it seem,s that as long as the player concerned is a good bloke and he has played for us a 100 times etc, etc he is beyond criticism. Wake up and smell the roses boys, Onouha makes yesterdays back pass every week, its just luck that we don't concede more goals than we do.
Still, we have another 9 mths to address this issue and I am sure Mr Onouha will provide plenty more ammo to back up my argument.

I think most on this forum recognise the financial situation the club is in so don't see any point in simply saying "he's fcking sht" because they know he's not going anywhere and nor can we afford a better replacement.
Nedam Onouha on 10:51 - Aug 27 with 1614 viewsLythamR

Nedam Onouha on 23:07 - Aug 26 by Neil_SI

I think he deserves respect for the fact that he’s always been available for us and has played around 200 times for the club since he joined. There are not too many players over the years that have hit these figures in our colours, and that alone means he has offered us more value than most because first they need to play regularly to be of any value.

We’ve had so many players on large contracts, but who barely played and just sat on them. Onuoha has never treated us with disrespect like that, and has turned out and tired his best in plenty of cup matches in that time too, where others haven’t. There’s a lot to be said for that, he’s done what has been asked of him with minimum fuss and represented QPR appropriately even in the bad times when things weren’t great.

In terms of his ability he’s an athlete before a footballer, he was so in his teens, and was always raw in terms of ball skills and tactical acumen. He has developed over time, and that he’s survived and played in the top two divisions for so long shows he does have a good attitude and a willingness to work hard to try and make up for his shortfalls.

I actually don’t think the back pass was his fault today either, though yes, he could have just cleared his lines, as could have Caulker. But, Caulker kinda played him into trouble and he came across to try and help his mate out and fluffed his lines. It happens. It sucks, and it was also stupid from several players, but it was just a mistake and not one to throw our toys out the pram about. They’ll be as disappointed, annnoyed and frustrated it happened like the rest of us.

But, to talk a bit about tactics, we are playing a high-ish defensive line on occasions, which might be to try and squeeze the space and for us to play a high pressing game. This is always going to expose the defence and make them vulnerable to through balls and balls over the top, and it’s this distance that can be dangerous for things like back passes and make any mistake much more dangerous to make. That’s something we need to work on a bit.

I agree with most of this

Personally I am more disappointed in the club

Ned fails to correctly weight a pass on a regular basis. it has always been a weakness in his game

Of course there is an argument that given his positive physical attributes, if he could actually play football as well we would never have had a chance to sign him but given that we did sign him i would like to know what work that club has done with him over the years to try and improve the weaker areas of his game.

This isnt just picking out Ned, it seems ingrained in the club and has been for years. very few players seem to improve at QPR more often they seem to go backwards in their development.

This continues to puzzle me
Nedam Onouha on 11:19 - Aug 27 with 1578 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'm having a chuckle at the 'sub standard' comment, as if we've been winning trophies in the bucket load for decades and suddenly they've dried up.
Nedam Onouha on 12:30 - Aug 27 with 1499 viewsRuislipHoop

Nedam Onouha on 10:22 - Aug 27 by Northernr

I think most on this forum recognise the financial situation the club is in so don't see any point in simply saying "he's fcking sht" because they know he's not going anywhere and nor can we afford a better replacement.

I don't remember using f***ing s**t,IMy opinion is he was pants when we bought him and he still is.
Each week just waiting for the under hit back pass.
Nedam Onouha on 12:32 - Aug 27 with 1495 viewsRuislipHoop

Nedam Onouha on 11:19 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm having a chuckle at the 'sub standard' comment, as if we've been winning trophies in the bucket load for decades and suddenly they've dried up.

I think you're deliberately missing the point.
Nedam Onouha on 12:58 - Aug 27 with 1445 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nedam Onouha on 12:32 - Aug 27 by RuislipHoop

I think you're deliberately missing the point.

I take your point that you think Ned is shit, I just think it's ridiculous and un helpful.

I'm not really hearing what you expect QPR to do about it.

Neil mentioned Ned playing 200 times for us. I can only really think of 5 or 6 times he's really made a dodgy backpass.

I like him and until Ian Holloway pulls a 20 year old Maldini out of his backside I'm afraid he'll be the one that needs our support.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:59]
Nedum Onouha on 13:10 - Aug 27 with 1416 viewskensalriser

I don't rate Onuoha, never have done. But he's a very minor footnote in the catalogue of royal fúckuppery this club has indulged in over the last six years.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Nedam Onouha on 13:11 - Aug 27 with 1411 viewsRuislipHoop

Nedam Onouha on 12:58 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

I take your point that you think Ned is shit, I just think it's ridiculous and un helpful.

I'm not really hearing what you expect QPR to do about it.

Neil mentioned Ned playing 200 times for us. I can only really think of 5 or 6 times he's really made a dodgy backpass.

I like him and until Ian Holloway pulls a 20 year old Maldini out of his backside I'm afraid he'll be the one that needs our support.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:59]

I don't expect anything to happen based on what we all say on here,it's a subject I thought worth discussing.I don't understand a number of comments on here about subjects like this being unhelpful,unhelpful to who ?.Are people saying that negative comments on here affect the players performance ??.The players couldn't give a toss what we all think.
Login to get fewer ads

Nedam Onouha on 13:47 - Aug 27 with 1346 viewsNeil_SI

Nedam Onouha on 08:00 - Aug 27 by RuislipHoop

I don't understand the love fest we have on this forum for sub standard players, it seem,s that as long as the player concerned is a good bloke and he has played for us a 100 times etc, etc he is beyond criticism. Wake up and smell the roses boys, Onouha makes yesterdays back pass every week, its just luck that we don't concede more goals than we do.
Still, we have another 9 mths to address this issue and I am sure Mr Onouha will provide plenty more ammo to back up my argument.

Let me add to what I said, because I didn’t really explain myself well enough the first time around, and actually I think you have valid gripes, however they run far deeper than singling out an individual like Onuoha.

The point I was trying to illustrate is Onuoha was an athlete first before a football player and one of those when he was in his teens who had to make a decision about whether to follow a career in athletics or try for football.

He chose the latter, and, yes he does have flaws. But, he has improved over the years, even if it’s not to the standard that you would like. That is a testament to his character, attitude, willingness to train hard and behave like a proper professional.

And while he was no doubt expensive and still is very expensive in QPR and Championship terms, I’m fairly confident the outlay on him and his salary over the years has been more in line with what it should have been for a player of his level and experience, except, it should have been at a different club because QPR had no business to operate at those kind of levels.

Still, football is also not just about on the pitch, but off the pitch as well. We have struggled for so many years because of the insane supermarket sweep transfer policy we’ve employed.

As a club, we went away from being one that was superbly run and could identify raw players with potential, pick them up for sensible fees and salaries, and actually have the nous to work on and improve those players. Les Ferdinand is the greatest testament of that process, because when he first arrived he was nowhere near the player he became. There were others too.

You could therefore argue that Onuoha could have been improved further and represented a great opportunity to try and help him get to that next level. But that has not been QPR’s focus for a long time now, where it’s more about the next player if this one works out, without any resemblance of hard work or strategy being employed to help these guys properly. It’s a systematic issue that stemmed from many bad decisions and ideas about how a football club should be run from the very top and successive boards.

In that period, we also lost a lot of what was expected off to the pitch from a professional player, which eroded badly after Holloway’s first era, where arguably the club was operating at one of its finest levels, with little money, having to scrape around and find players who had a point to prove, or who’d run through brick walls for the club and convince them to come here and play. That era and the one before we sold Les Ferdinand, was all about hard work.

That’s how we picked up Marc Bircham and Lee Cook, two players who should have earned more money and played at higher levels, but we convinced and coaxed them into coming to help us out and they bought into the ‘project’. Similarly with the likes of Martin Rowlands, a player who had some serious injury problems and was not having any luck elsewhere was given a great opportunity to ressurect and save his career with us and he took it with both hands.

It’s easy to under estimate the value in having players off the pitch who represent the club well, and Onuoha does that and is well respected in the dressing room. He is able to set a standard there that’s important for helping us create an identity and standard off of the pitch that other players have to aspire to and that, in modern day QPR, is arguably more important than actual performances on the pitch. Those guys have been far and few between for years at QPR and you have to build and start from somewhere.

Onuoha is a classic club man, and every club needs them. If you look at so many of the names at Manchester United over the years, who were just utility men that popped up here and there to play integral roles over a number of seasons, but were the backbone and identity of the club, and treated with respect despite their obvious lack of equal on the pitch talent and ability as some of the others, and then you can see why it does work.

Do I rate Onuoha as a top footballer or a top defender? No, not really. But, I have seen over the years some improvements, and then I’ve seen them taken away. Sometimes the devil is in the detail. When Chris Ramsey had a short reign he improved Onuoha’s passing when on the ball from the back, for a couple of games he played this inside channel ball that I’d never seen him do before and to me it improved him immeasurably. I loved it and was excited by it.

But, the club panicked after results didn’t go Ramsey’s way and because of fan unrest, and they bowed to the pressure for change and therefore that momentum was lost and chopping and changing so many managers and coaching teams is not really ever going to help a player improve at a consistent rate.

I think Onuoha has had 9-10 different managers in his time with us. That tells its own story. But, in addition, all of those managers played him too and that tells you something else about the man.

Today’s QPR under Les Ferdinand’s vision (and probably some fortunate FPP restrictions) is moving itself back towards the old (though Holloway’s style is sometimes at odds with this), and in a positive way. It takes time and patience, and in Onouha’s case, there may not be too much more that we can do with him (don’t count it out though), but he is certainly an important part of continuing that process and helping the next generation understand the standards expected and to uphold them when the torch is passed on.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:53]
Nedam Onouha on 13:55 - Aug 27 with 1315 viewsRuislipHoop

Nedam Onouha on 13:47 - Aug 27 by Neil_SI

Let me add to what I said, because I didn’t really explain myself well enough the first time around, and actually I think you have valid gripes, however they run far deeper than singling out an individual like Onuoha.

The point I was trying to illustrate is Onuoha was an athlete first before a football player and one of those when he was in his teens who had to make a decision about whether to follow a career in athletics or try for football.

He chose the latter, and, yes he does have flaws. But, he has improved over the years, even if it’s not to the standard that you would like. That is a testament to his character, attitude, willingness to train hard and behave like a proper professional.

And while he was no doubt expensive and still is very expensive in QPR and Championship terms, I’m fairly confident the outlay on him and his salary over the years has been more in line with what it should have been for a player of his level and experience, except, it should have been at a different club because QPR had no business to operate at those kind of levels.

Still, football is also not just about on the pitch, but off the pitch as well. We have struggled for so many years because of the insane supermarket sweep transfer policy we’ve employed.

As a club, we went away from being one that was superbly run and could identify raw players with potential, pick them up for sensible fees and salaries, and actually have the nous to work on and improve those players. Les Ferdinand is the greatest testament of that process, because when he first arrived he was nowhere near the player he became. There were others too.

You could therefore argue that Onuoha could have been improved further and represented a great opportunity to try and help him get to that next level. But that has not been QPR’s focus for a long time now, where it’s more about the next player if this one works out, without any resemblance of hard work or strategy being employed to help these guys properly. It’s a systematic issue that stemmed from many bad decisions and ideas about how a football club should be run from the very top and successive boards.

In that period, we also lost a lot of what was expected off to the pitch from a professional player, which eroded badly after Holloway’s first era, where arguably the club was operating at one of its finest levels, with little money, having to scrape around and find players who had a point to prove, or who’d run through brick walls for the club and convince them to come here and play. That era and the one before we sold Les Ferdinand, was all about hard work.

That’s how we picked up Marc Bircham and Lee Cook, two players who should have earned more money and played at higher levels, but we convinced and coaxed them into coming to help us out and they bought into the ‘project’. Similarly with the likes of Martin Rowlands, a player who had some serious injury problems and was not having any luck elsewhere was given a great opportunity to ressurect and save his career with us and he took it with both hands.

It’s easy to under estimate the value in having players off the pitch who represent the club well, and Onuoha does that and is well respected in the dressing room. He is able to set a standard there that’s important for helping us create an identity and standard off of the pitch that other players have to aspire to and that, in modern day QPR, is arguably more important than actual performances on the pitch. Those guys have been far and few between for years at QPR and you have to build and start from somewhere.

Onuoha is a classic club man, and every club needs them. If you look at so many of the names at Manchester United over the years, who were just utility men that popped up here and there to play integral roles over a number of seasons, but were the backbone and identity of the club, and treated with respect despite their obvious lack of equal on the pitch talent and ability as some of the others, and then you can see why it does work.

Do I rate Onuoha as a top footballer or a top defender? No, not really. But, I have seen over the years some improvements, and then I’ve seen them taken away. Sometimes the devil is in the detail. When Chris Ramsey had a short reign he improved Onuoha’s passing when on the ball from the back, for a couple of games he played this inside channel ball that I’d never seen him do before and to me it improved him immeasurably. I loved it and was excited by it.

But, the club panicked after results didn’t go Ramsey’s way and because of fan unrest, and they bowed to the pressure for change and therefore that momentum was lost and chopping and changing so many managers and coaching teams is not really ever going to help a player improve at a consistent rate.

I think Onuoha has had 9-10 different managers in his time with us. That tells its own story. But, in addition, all of those managers played him too and that tells you something else about the man.

Today’s QPR under Les Ferdinand’s vision (and probably some fortunate FPP restrictions) is moving itself back towards the old (though Holloway’s style is sometimes at odds with this), and in a positive way. It takes time and patience, and in Onouha’s case, there may not be too much more that we can do with him (don’t count it out though), but he is certainly an important part of continuing that process and helping the next generation understand the standards expected and to uphold them when the torch is passed on.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 13:53]

Fair point and well made👍
Nedam Onouha on 14:02 - Aug 27 with 1300 viewsgazza1

I don't post here any more(I know that pleases many👍👍) but I have to say that whilst nedam is a good pro, etc, etc, he is a pretty limited footballer. Not all his fault at Cardiff but he cost us yesterday and at Wednesday and could of a couple of other times this season alone. That is not good enough for an experienced pro or captain of the team. Now Neil can write shitloads and others can bring other old players into the subject and hunter can think he is decent but if it is not recognised that he is proper limited then I despair. He is playing because there is not 3 better centre backs in the club. As for captain-I find that a very strange selection.
Nedam Onouha on 14:04 - Aug 27 with 1292 viewsNeil_SI

Nedam Onouha on 14:02 - Aug 27 by gazza1

I don't post here any more(I know that pleases many👍👍) but I have to say that whilst nedam is a good pro, etc, etc, he is a pretty limited footballer. Not all his fault at Cardiff but he cost us yesterday and at Wednesday and could of a couple of other times this season alone. That is not good enough for an experienced pro or captain of the team. Now Neil can write shitloads and others can bring other old players into the subject and hunter can think he is decent but if it is not recognised that he is proper limited then I despair. He is playing because there is not 3 better centre backs in the club. As for captain-I find that a very strange selection.

That doesn’t please me, good to see you posting back here. 😊

To keep it short and sweet, I recognise his limitations, probably more than most think.
Nedam Onouha on 14:08 - Aug 27 with 1278 viewsgazza1

Bank Holiday treat Neil....only joking😂😂. I thought we were comforatable yesterday until Caulker and Ned decided to try and do things and not do the basics right.
Nedam Onouha on 14:12 - Aug 27 with 1272 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nedam Onouha on 13:11 - Aug 27 by RuislipHoop

I don't expect anything to happen based on what we all say on here,it's a subject I thought worth discussing.I don't understand a number of comments on here about subjects like this being unhelpful,unhelpful to who ?.Are people saying that negative comments on here affect the players performance ??.The players couldn't give a toss what we all think.

Not really a discussion is it?

More a rant.
Nedam Onouha on 09:03 - Aug 28 with 1093 viewsHitch

Ned cocked up, we're not in North Korea we are fully entitled to point out facts.
Nedam Onouha on 09:35 - Aug 28 with 1060 viewsWatford_Ranger

If we decided to get rid, firstly we wouldn't get a lot for him though I think he'd be wanted as a back-up for a few Prem teams at least. Secondly we'd have Caulker and Baptiste in the league, neither of whom look close to 100% and were both Rehman-esque against Brentford reserves so, like him or loathe him, he's by far the best we have available.

Only my opinion but I can't stress enough how weak Caulker was against a not particularly physical Cardiff front three. Onuoha was and will be doing the job of 1 1/2 men if we persevere with him.
Nedam Onouha on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 1057 viewsenfieldargh

Nedam Onouha on 12:30 - Aug 27 by RuislipHoop

I don't remember using f***ing s**t,IMy opinion is he was pants when we bought him and he still is.
Each week just waiting for the under hit back pass.

Frank McLintock was king of the under hit back pass

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nedam Onouha on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 1018 viewsozranger

I find it quite interesting that much, if not all (bar Neil) discussion from the Cardiff game is about the back pass that led to the equaliser. Did I miss any discussion about the second goal and Ned's part in that. I just watched the extended highlights (more to see about the first goal and the ball with Caulker) on the site. Caulker was rather left out to dry on that second goal, or should I say squeezed out. It was Ned's man, Morrison, who got in front of Caulker with Ned's last act to try to push him. My analysis, and that may not be that of others, is that Ned lost Morrison and that he then went on to play an important role in stopping Caulker from competing (and that is not saying that Caulker would have been able to jump and compete - that's for another thread) against Bamba. As the commentator said "the overload at the far post" and why, because Ned's man was the extra attacker. I suggest you take another look and just watch Ned and then think what may have happened if Morrison was not in the picture, i.e., blocked. Yes, probably a goal. But, at least Caulker would have had a chance to compete. In the actual situation, I believe that he did not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024