Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nedam Onouha 18:27 - Aug 12 with 16242 viewsRuislipHoop

Chief,really ???
Nedam Onouha on 12:21 - Aug 14 with 2646 viewsRuislipHoop

Nedam Onouha on 08:32 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

So Chief is to be this seasons Carl Henry then? Who's next James Perch? Massimo Luongo? Joel Lynch? Why, oh why do you feel the need for a scapegoat, especially so when things have begun so well? Chief has had 3 very good games to start the season and has made less mistakes than anyone, bar Smithies, yet he is the one everyone dreads starting a game. Pathetic.
Incidentally; it would be nice if the OP learned how to correctly spell the name of the player he is belittling. It is NEDUM ONUOHA.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 8:35]

We will see how long IH goes along with it, apologies for the spelling.
Nedam Onouha on 14:58 - Aug 14 with 2536 viewsW7Ranger

Nedam Onouha on 08:32 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

So Chief is to be this seasons Carl Henry then? Who's next James Perch? Massimo Luongo? Joel Lynch? Why, oh why do you feel the need for a scapegoat, especially so when things have begun so well? Chief has had 3 very good games to start the season and has made less mistakes than anyone, bar Smithies, yet he is the one everyone dreads starting a game. Pathetic.
Incidentally; it would be nice if the OP learned how to correctly spell the name of the player he is belittling. It is NEDUM ONUOHA.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 8:35]

It's Karl Henry.

But totally agree with you.
Nedam Onouha on 15:27 - Aug 14 with 2508 viewsTacticalR

Everyone knows you have to have a villain in footballing panto.

Air hostess clique

Nedam Onouha on 15:40 - Aug 14 with 2495 viewsEsox_Lucius

That's why John Terry was summoned to this world. Don't need any villains in our team ... I wonder... Do the Villa fans now chant "Terry is a Villain"? Oh the irony. :-)

The grass is always greener.

Nedam Onouha on 17:28 - Aug 14 with 2437 viewsW7Ranger

Nedam Onouha on 08:00 - Aug 13 by PunteR

I've been fairly critical of Onouha on here in the past, but as he took a (considerable?) pay cut he no longer falls into the category of overpaid Hughes signing and is now at a level expected.
I think he's good enough at this level and to top it off he seems to have a heart of gold. I like him.
His captaincy has also been brought into question in the past but i also think that he's growing into that as well.
I basically agree with Bosh's OP.

Is that deffo true about the pay cut when he signed a contract extension in 2015? I have people saying he's on 40k per week blah blah blah... I'm know he would've been when he first signed, but not now surely?
Nedam Onouha on 17:54 - Aug 14 with 2403 viewsPunteR

Nedam Onouha on 17:28 - Aug 14 by W7Ranger

Is that deffo true about the pay cut when he signed a contract extension in 2015? I have people saying he's on 40k per week blah blah blah... I'm know he would've been when he first signed, but not now surely?

Dunno mate, but thats what a few posters on here have said.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nedam Onouha on 17:58 - Aug 14 with 2394 viewssimmo

Nedam Onouha on 17:28 - Aug 14 by W7Ranger

He's on nothing like 40k a week now. He's much more in line with our current pay scale, if he wasn't we'd be desperate to shift him - like with Caluker, Sandro, Hoilett, etc. The only one on the 'big money' is Caulker.

As for his ability, I find it a bit of a joke that people are so critical of Onuoha, in the grand scheme of transfers over the last 5 years he's been a resounding success and a credit to the club on and off the pitch. He's got the odd ricket in him, but when did we get so precious as a fanbase that we demand perfection from our players? He get a hell of a lot more right than wrong and he's a good Championship centre half for it. We'd be MUCH worse without him, we certainly couldn't replace him for anything close to the money and wages we'd get for selling him - nowhere near.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nedam Onouha on 17:59 - Aug 14 with 2400 viewsW7Ranger

Nedam Onouha on 17:54 - Aug 14 by PunteR

Dunno mate, but thats what a few posters on here have said.

It's a strange one isn't it? He signed a contract extension in Sept 2015, so we'd just been relegated. So one would think we'd be quite cautious when it comes to big contracts/high earners etc... But surely extending a contract (by 2 years to 2018) would keep you on the same wages no?
Login to get fewer ads

Nedam Onouha on 18:25 - Aug 14 with 2380 viewssmegma

Nedam Onouha on 15:54 - Aug 13 by Bluce_Ree

Danny Maddix was infallible. Like the Pope but better.

Except Maddix wasn't a left footer!!
Nedam Onouha on 18:38 - Aug 14 with 2367 viewsW7Ranger

Nedam Onouha on 17:58 - Aug 14 by simmo

He's on nothing like 40k a week now. He's much more in line with our current pay scale, if he wasn't we'd be desperate to shift him - like with Caluker, Sandro, Hoilett, etc. The only one on the 'big money' is Caulker.

As for his ability, I find it a bit of a joke that people are so critical of Onuoha, in the grand scheme of transfers over the last 5 years he's been a resounding success and a credit to the club on and off the pitch. He's got the odd ricket in him, but when did we get so precious as a fanbase that we demand perfection from our players? He get a hell of a lot more right than wrong and he's a good Championship centre half for it. We'd be MUCH worse without him, we certainly couldn't replace him for anything close to the money and wages we'd get for selling him - nowhere near.

Completely agree Simmo regarding Ned's performances over the years. He's done considerably more good things than bad.

I'm just curious about his wages. I'd really like to be able to prove that his salary is not as huge as certain fans think it is. I mean, if you're half way through a contract on £40k(??) per week, is it likely that you'd get offered a 2 year extension on say half that amount once your current one expires? Also, would you accept it? It's not like his contract had expired so would happily accept a new one at a reduced amount.
Nedam Onouha on 18:44 - Aug 14 with 2357 viewsPinnerPaul

Nedam Onouha on 13:22 - Aug 13 by TheBlob

Nah.Ned is Franz Beckenbauer when compared to Vic Mobley and Ron "straight to Fisher Athletic" Abbott.

Both looked class compared to my 'worse' QPR defender of all time - Mr Ernie Howe!
Nedam Onouha on 18:45 - Aug 14 with 2356 viewsEsox_Lucius

As I understood it, his contract was running out and the club were willing to let him go but he made it clear that he wanted to stay at QPR and was willing to re-sign with the club at a wage that was in line with the clubs current wage structure. so around £12-15k? There may be clean sheet and other win bonuses/ goal bonuses etc. but I really haven't heard anything about those. It's not often you hear of loyalty like that these days, if true, especially as he isn't a boyhood fan etc.

The grass is always greener.

Nedam Onouha on 18:46 - Aug 14 with 2355 viewsPinnerPaul

Just to add, if you're going to go after a player, always lends a LITTLE more credence to your argument if you can manage to spell his name correctly!
Nedam Onouha on 19:27 - Aug 14 with 2332 viewsRuislipHoop

Nedam Onouha on 18:45 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

As I understood it, his contract was running out and the club were willing to let him go but he made it clear that he wanted to stay at QPR and was willing to re-sign with the club at a wage that was in line with the clubs current wage structure. so around £12-15k? There may be clean sheet and other win bonuses/ goal bonuses etc. but I really haven't heard anything about those. It's not often you hear of loyalty like that these days, if true, especially as he isn't a boyhood fan etc.

Of course he wants to stay with us,all the overpaid hasbeens we have had wanted to stay with us.If he was that good,which he isn't,he would of moved on.Who else would have him.When his contract expires that's the end of his career.
The thread was started because week in week out imo, he makes potentially game changing faux pas.
I have supported this club for over 50 yrs so I believe I have a right to voice an opinion about certain players that I don't particulary rate.He isn't the first and won't be the last player who's class or quality I will question.
I don't see starting a thread such as this is an attempt to derail the clubs fairly good start.This forum is a discussion platform,no more no less.Speak as you find.
Nedam Onouha on 19:58 - Aug 14 with 2305 viewsdanehoop

Nedam Onouha on 19:27 - Aug 14 by RuislipHoop

Of course he wants to stay with us,all the overpaid hasbeens we have had wanted to stay with us.If he was that good,which he isn't,he would of moved on.Who else would have him.When his contract expires that's the end of his career.
The thread was started because week in week out imo, he makes potentially game changing faux pas.
I have supported this club for over 50 yrs so I believe I have a right to voice an opinion about certain players that I don't particulary rate.He isn't the first and won't be the last player who's class or quality I will question.
I don't see starting a thread such as this is an attempt to derail the clubs fairly good start.This forum is a discussion platform,no more no less.Speak as you find.

Thanks Ruislip, glad you have an opinion, I fight for your right to be able to voice it.

After that I am afraid that I wholeheartedly disagree with your notions and I'll evidenced arguments. He is a good top half Championship defender and has been an exemplary team captain both on and off the pitch. To replace him would derive little obvious benefit, but come with additional unnecessary expense at a time when we have no money.

Is he perfect? No, far from it. Are there better players available to us either at the club or elsewhere that we can bring in to replace him? Clearly not, as prices are inflated and the conveyor belt of cheap quality centre backs available and willing to come to us and perform immediately to the required standard looks remarkably empty at the moment.

Other thing to remember is that every manager we have had in his time at the club (which is many!) have pretty much relied on him as first choice centre back. I'll generally go with their judgement to be honest in that he is held in high regard.

Never knowingly understood

Nedam Onouha on 09:09 - Aug 15 with 2195 viewssimmo

Nedam Onouha on 19:27 - Aug 14 by RuislipHoop

Huge amounts of agenda driven nonsense and massively unhelpful to be so negative about our captain at such a crucial time - in my opinion of course.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nedam Onouha on 10:10 - Aug 15 with 2151 viewsfrancisbowles

'When his contract expires that's the end of his career'.

Couldn't disagree with this more.

If we let his contract run down, it will not be the end of his career, there will be a queue of clubs, including some from the top division and abroad, waiting to offer him a large signing on fee and wages equal to if not more more than he is on here. imho
Nedam Onouha on 16:57 - Aug 26 with 1980 viewsRuislipHoop

Another classic back pass.
Nedam Onouha on 17:12 - Aug 26 with 1888 viewsDeepcutHoop

Nedam Onouha on 16:57 - Aug 26 by RuislipHoop

Another classic back pass.

Another classic post
Nedam Onouha on 17:49 - Aug 26 with 1785 viewsLblock

There's many ways Onouhas game could be improved - he's been mostly great alongside lads like Dunne and Hill. It seems our "captain" needs a wise old positional head alongside him!

One way you do NOT improve Ned's game is by playing him with a washed up, empty shell of a failure who is physically and mentally shot (could decide whether to go with an "o" or an "i" there...)

Really hope we can find someone half decent on loan or cheap perm by the time Jim Cocks window slams shut. Ollies done it before and come up trumps on the defender front so fingers crossed there

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Nedam Onouha on 19:28 - Aug 26 with 1667 viewsRuislipHoop

Nedam Onouha on 17:49 - Aug 26 by Lblock

There's many ways Onouhas game could be improved - he's been mostly great alongside lads like Dunne and Hill. It seems our "captain" needs a wise old positional head alongside him!

One way you do NOT improve Ned's game is by playing him with a washed up, empty shell of a failure who is physically and mentally shot (could decide whether to go with an "o" or an "i" there...)

Really hope we can find someone half decent on loan or cheap perm by the time Jim Cocks window slams shut. Ollies done it before and come up trumps on the defender front so fingers crossed there

I agree with you but we dont have anyone like that at the club and as I have said on here many times before until we get two decent centre halfs we will win nothing.
Nedam Onouha on 23:07 - Aug 26 with 1519 viewsNeil_SI

Nedam Onouha on 19:28 - Aug 26 by RuislipHoop

I agree with you but we dont have anyone like that at the club and as I have said on here many times before until we get two decent centre halfs we will win nothing.

I think he deserves respect for the fact that he’s always been available for us and has played around 200 times for the club since he joined. There are not too many players over the years that have hit these figures in our colours, and that alone means he has offered us more value than most because first they need to play regularly to be of any value.

We’ve had so many players on large contracts, but who barely played and just sat on them. Onuoha has never treated us with disrespect like that, and has turned out and tired his best in plenty of cup matches in that time too, where others haven’t. There’s a lot to be said for that, he’s done what has been asked of him with minimum fuss and represented QPR appropriately even in the bad times when things weren’t great.

In terms of his ability he’s an athlete before a footballer, he was so in his teens, and was always raw in terms of ball skills and tactical acumen. He has developed over time, and that he’s survived and played in the top two divisions for so long shows he does have a good attitude and a willingness to work hard to try and make up for his shortfalls.

I actually don’t think the back pass was his fault today either, though yes, he could have just cleared his lines, as could have Caulker. But, Caulker kinda played him into trouble and he came across to try and help his mate out and fluffed his lines. It happens. It sucks, and it was also stupid from several players, but it was just a mistake and not one to throw our toys out the pram about. They’ll be as disappointed, annnoyed and frustrated it happened like the rest of us.

But, to talk a bit about tactics, we are playing a high-ish defensive line on occasions, which might be to try and squeeze the space and for us to play a high pressing game. This is always going to expose the defence and make them vulnerable to through balls and balls over the top, and it’s this distance that can be dangerous for things like back passes and make any mistake much more dangerous to make. That’s something we need to work on a bit.
Nedam Onouha on 01:53 - Aug 27 with 1418 viewstimcocking

He's done very little wrong really.

As far as i'm concerned, his conduct has been absolutely exemplary his whole time with us. He seems like a very good human, now an obvious choice for captain. And at Championship level, he's pretty reasonable.

Two left feet, ok, but we've had much worse. He'll only ever receive my full support.
Nedam Onouha on 08:00 - Aug 27 with 1336 viewsRuislipHoop

I don't understand the love fest we have on this forum for sub standard players, it seem,s that as long as the player concerned is a good bloke and he has played for us a 100 times etc, etc he is beyond criticism. Wake up and smell the roses boys, Onouha makes yesterdays back pass every week, its just luck that we don't concede more goals than we do.
Still, we have another 9 mths to address this issue and I am sure Mr Onouha will provide plenty more ammo to back up my argument.
Nedam Onouha on 08:37 - Aug 27 with 1299 viewsparker64

Must do Holloway's head in. You can picture Warnock before the game.

"Listen lads, this lot are slow and cumbersome at the back. Sometimes they muck about a bit, sometimes they'll clear it, sometimes they'll do a dodgy back pass. But chase everything down, harry them, get in their faces, you never know what will turn up"

Holloway.
"You've got options at the back, Smithies will make himself available, look to see where he is. But if in doubt clear it, hoof it"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024