Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker gone! 15:04 - Dec 28 with 17715 viewsKernowRanger

Caulker gone! on 18:47 - Jan 1 with 3979 viewsLazyFan

Assuming he was on £50K per week.
Assuming that amounts to in his last 6 months that were still left to run out no his contract at 6m x 4.5w x £50K pw, which amounts to £1,350,000. Let's say £1m to keep it simple.
Assuming we managed to halve that £1m with a pay off thus we get back some and he is not locked out until Sept at the latest for his next move. An assumption could be this should save us £500K.

Assuming a top earner could earner at QPR is now on around £10K per week, that means we could spend some of that on a new deal for Robinson and stay within FFP. Or buy cheap CB from the lower leagues. In any rate Hoo's has done an excellent job getting him off the books.

Now in this window if we can sell Yeni, Washington and although he's good, he's expensive Ned for £1m each that's £3m there.

With this we should buy 2 CB's and RB. I would also sell Sylla, as he has 4 goals and no assists. Where as Smith has 6 goals and 3 assists. Probably get £2m for him. With this we could risk taking a chance on lower league talent for Strikers. Have a punt on a few and see if they come off, like we did in the old days. Getting all of them on the cheap like Freeman when clubs have to sell anyway as contracts are running out.

Then at the end of the year get rid of Propeller Pimp, Fishy, Winter Leach, and then we have cleared out the lot then. We won't even need to buy anyone. We could experiment with our Youth for a change.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Caulker gone! on 21:54 - Jan 1 with 3897 viewsisawqpratwcity

Caulker gone! on 18:47 - Jan 1 by LazyFan

Assuming that amounts to in his last 6 months that were still left to run out no his contract at 6m x 4.5w x £50K pw, which amounts to £1,350,000. Let's say £1m to keep it simple.
Assuming we managed to halve that £1m with a pay off thus we get back some and he is not locked out until Sept at the latest for his next move. An assumption could be this should save us £500K.

Assuming a top earner could earner at QPR is now on around £10K per week, that means we could spend some of that on a new deal for Robinson and stay within FFP. Or buy cheap CB from the lower leagues. In any rate Hoo's has done an excellent job getting him off the books.

Now in this window if we can sell Yeni, Washington and although he's good, he's expensive Ned for £1m each that's £3m there.

With this we should buy 2 CB's and RB. I would also sell Sylla, as he has 4 goals and no assists. Where as Smith has 6 goals and 3 assists. Probably get £2m for him. With this we could risk taking a chance on lower league talent for Strikers. Have a punt on a few and see if they come off, like we did in the old days. Getting all of them on the cheap like Freeman when clubs have to sell anyway as contracts are running out.

Then at the end of the year get rid of Propeller Pimp, Fishy, Winter Leach, and then we have cleared out the lot then. We won't even need to buy anyone. We could experiment with our Youth for a change.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Assuming we managed to halve that £1m with a pay off..."

Dream on, sunshine!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Caulker gone! on 22:02 - Jan 1 with 3856 viewsDorse

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Propeller Pimp, Fishy and Winter Leach? Sounds like a Wu-Tang Clan reunion.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:11 - Jan 1 with 3823 viewsWrightUp5hit___

OK Not the best at cryptic crosswords, but can usually get by, nonetheless you've lost me with "Propeller Pimp, Fishy and Winter Leach"
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 22:17]
Caulker gone! on 22:16 - Jan 1 with 3803 viewsTacticalR

Caulker gone! on 17:06 - Dec 28 by GloryHunter

He must have a few million in the bank by now. No reason why he should ever have to work again. Unless he is really so stupid that he manages to blow the lot. Gazza, for example, seems to have a management team that keeps him at arm's length from his money and gives him an allowance to live on - Caulker will be lucky if he has someone similar looking after him.

In the Guardian interview in the summer he estimated that he has lost about 70% of what he's earned.

'I'd had one last gamble and lost a hell of a lot of money in December. A last blowout. It was at that point I finally accepted I could not win; that there was no quick fix, no more daydreaming I could save the world through one good night on the roulette wheel...I reckon I've lost 70% what I've earned.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-a

Air hostess clique

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:33 - Jan 1 with 3752 viewseghamranger

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:11 - Jan 1 by WrightUp5hit___

OK Not the best at cryptic crosswords, but can usually get by, nonetheless you've lost me with "Propeller Pimp, Fishy and Winter Leach"
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 22:17]

Fishy is Perch... I’m stuck on the other 2
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:38 - Jan 1 with 3727 viewsPunteR

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:33 - Jan 1 by eghamranger

Fishy is Perch... I’m stuck on the other 2

Propeller Pimp, Fishy and Winter Leach"

Propeller pimp is JET and winter leach is Lynch

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Caulker gone! on 05:40 - Jan 2 with 3616 viewsloftinoz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Who's Hoo's?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 7:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Caulker gone! on 07:46 - Jan 6 with 3366 viewsLblock

Fancy yet another drink in the Last Chance Saloon????

We all know he’ll get another club and will no doubt be brilliant there for a number of months until he gets desperate for some supermarket cheese or feels the need to make friends with late night commuters
So he’s being linked with a trial at West Ham and Leeds / Sunderland “showing an interest” plus there’s already been talk of Celtic. I’m hoping either the Hammers or Sunderland so that he helps towards their charges towards relegation and he can add to their harmony in the dressing room

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Caulker gone! on 07:57 - Jan 6 with 3351 viewsdistortR

Caulker gone! on 07:46 - Jan 6 by Lblock

Fancy yet another drink in the Last Chance Saloon????

We all know he’ll get another club and will no doubt be brilliant there for a number of months until he gets desperate for some supermarket cheese or feels the need to make friends with late night commuters
So he’s being linked with a trial at West Ham and Leeds / Sunderland “showing an interest” plus there’s already been talk of Celtic. I’m hoping either the Hammers or Sunderland so that he helps towards their charges towards relegation and he can add to their harmony in the dressing room

Ahh, well harsh. I feel for him, if he's lost seventy percent of what he's earned, that only leaves him with 15k a week - gross. Bless his little silk socks.

Anyway, I'm off to work now to try and earn enough to pay the rent, I leave him to his sorrow and property portfolio.

Fk him, he fked us.
Caulker gone! on 18:32 - Feb 2 with 3092 viewsLblock

I see ITV are running a fluff piece with "Raggs Martell" doing a face to face interview with poor old Stevie as he trains on his own.
I've seen it twice today as I came home early today for a trip to the physio myself and it left me with a smidgen of sick in my mouth both times. Yes, I am a bitter, twisted and vindictive old b'stard but here's a few of my thoughts on this terrible bit of journalism:-

1. Caulker was not "released by QPR in the summer" - he continued to be a pr1ck throughout this season and leached his wages until he forced the club into a pay off (significant no doubt) at the end of December

2. The piece seems to neglect any reference at all to the help he's been given by those at QPR.

3. There's no reference to his antics - just that he's "struggling with depression and a gambling addiction"

4. It makes it sound like he's suddenly confronted his demons - carefully ignoring a fluff piece done a year and a half ago which read almost word for word the same as this one. Only difference was the last one had this allied to his trip to Sierra Leone or wherever it was.

5. There's a closing statement that he "hasn't had a bet since..." which may well be perfectly true but in that period he has been arrested for drink driving, being drunk and disorderly and also been involved in other issues directly with the club which I wont repeat here as previously asked by the author.

6. The underlying money shot -- "currently without a club" -- call me a skeptic (our any of the above traits I listed in my opening paragraph) -- but this is clearly an interivew engineered by an agent to drum up a contract. I almost get the feeling they are genuinely surprised he didn't get a deal over January but are just putting it out there that he's a free transfer who can be signed outside the window.

He'll get a club, no doubt about it. I just hope they go into it with their eyes wide open unlike us -- they need to know they'll get 3 months of good service and after that it's buckle up as for sure he'll be wearing a traffic cone on his head and slinging a kebab outside a mainline train station anytime thereafter.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Caulker gone! on 19:21 - Feb 2 with 3004 viewskensalriser

If only his application to playing football equalled his alacrity for PR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Caulker gone! on 19:24 - Feb 2 with 2993 viewssmegma

Caulker gone! on 18:32 - Feb 2 by Lblock

I see ITV are running a fluff piece with "Raggs Martell" doing a face to face interview with poor old Stevie as he trains on his own.
I've seen it twice today as I came home early today for a trip to the physio myself and it left me with a smidgen of sick in my mouth both times. Yes, I am a bitter, twisted and vindictive old b'stard but here's a few of my thoughts on this terrible bit of journalism:-

1. Caulker was not "released by QPR in the summer" - he continued to be a pr1ck throughout this season and leached his wages until he forced the club into a pay off (significant no doubt) at the end of December

2. The piece seems to neglect any reference at all to the help he's been given by those at QPR.

3. There's no reference to his antics - just that he's "struggling with depression and a gambling addiction"

4. It makes it sound like he's suddenly confronted his demons - carefully ignoring a fluff piece done a year and a half ago which read almost word for word the same as this one. Only difference was the last one had this allied to his trip to Sierra Leone or wherever it was.

5. There's a closing statement that he "hasn't had a bet since..." which may well be perfectly true but in that period he has been arrested for drink driving, being drunk and disorderly and also been involved in other issues directly with the club which I wont repeat here as previously asked by the author.

6. The underlying money shot -- "currently without a club" -- call me a skeptic (our any of the above traits I listed in my opening paragraph) -- but this is clearly an interivew engineered by an agent to drum up a contract. I almost get the feeling they are genuinely surprised he didn't get a deal over January but are just putting it out there that he's a free transfer who can be signed outside the window.

He'll get a club, no doubt about it. I just hope they go into it with their eyes wide open unlike us -- they need to know they'll get 3 months of good service and after that it's buckle up as for sure he'll be wearing a traffic cone on his head and slinging a kebab outside a mainline train station anytime thereafter.

I've only just seen it on ITV+1. They showed him training at a Woking sports centre. Rags told us 'he's now trying to get fit'........erm he's had 3 years of trying. A year ago I sympathised, today I hope he never gets another contract in football, even at his local club Woking.
Caulker gone! on 19:51 - Feb 2 with 2928 viewsTripleR

Why not? If it's true, then tell us what he's (alleged to have) done.
Can't understand why we would protect knob-ends like this who have taken the p*ss out of our club for years.
Caulker gone! on 22:09 - Feb 2 with 2798 viewsLazyFan

It could be alleged at a guess the dodgy agent has actually played everyone here (as they often do).

Drunken Master is told that he will get another club if he takes the pay off while he can, getting into the market while clubs are desperate as they did not sign anyone in the window.

The agent takes a percentage for making another deal. Drunken Master never gets another club despite said agent acting like he's helping him with puff pieces everywhere (which just impresses his other clients to do the same). Should some foolish club come in he looks like a rainmaker to Drunken Master (and gets another sign on).

Or as dodgy agent knows he's at least got one more pay off from Drunken Master as his career is really over everywhere. Which I suspect it is this time.

Job done!

zzzzzzzzzz

Caulker gone! on 23:59 - Feb 2 with 2700 viewsqpr1976

What’s the chances that we (QPR) paid for that 3 minute, ITV news promo, story as part of his severance deal ?

He may have lost 70% but we lost 100% !!!
Caulker gone! on 00:03 - Feb 3 with 2695 viewsNorthernr

Well you’ve got to admire his agent/PR, if not the standards of modern journalism.
Bloke’s a tosser, and hiding behind these puff pieces he keeps getting treated to is an insult to actual addicts who have to survive in the real world.
Caulker gone! on 08:42 - Feb 3 with 2547 viewssmegma

Caulker gone! on 00:03 - Feb 3 by Northernr

Well you’ve got to admire his agent/PR, if not the standards of modern journalism.
Bloke’s a tosser, and hiding behind these puff pieces he keeps getting treated to is an insult to actual addicts who have to survive in the real world.

And WHO told Rags Martel that 'he left QPR in the summer' I wonder ???
Caulker gone! on 08:42 - Feb 3 with 2547 viewsDejR_vu

If he's managed to get sober and off the betting now he's got no club/ income, how come he couldn't manage it when he was sat on a fat contract pulling in millions a year for nothing in return? Doesn't deserve any more chances. Arrogant, obnoxious leech

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Caulker gone! on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 2461 viewscaliforniahoop

Caulker gone! on 08:42 - Feb 3 by smegma

And WHO told Rags Martel that 'he left QPR in the summer' I wonder ???

Well in reality he did, I would go as far as to say, he left 3yrs ago!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024