Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker gone! 15:04 - Dec 28 with 17685 viewsKernowRanger

Caulker gone! on 17:36 - Dec 28 with 4117 viewsbosh67

Good for the club and I wish the kid well. Doesn't matter what you earn or what you do for a living. Dealing with mental health issues isn't a financial issue. Hope he sorts his life out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Caulker gone! on 17:58 - Dec 28 with 4047 viewsBklynRanger

The relief of clawing back what little we can of the money we wasted on some complete fcukhead. Hopefully one day this sensation will be less familiar to us. Unless I'm imagining it - but it's happened a handful of times in recent years hasn't it? Maybe I'll write a couple of thousand witty, insightful words on it, or not.
Caulker gone! on 18:02 - Dec 28 with 4034 viewspaulparker

Happy days , the bloke is a cnt who has been leeching off the club for nearly 4 years
his "performances" for the past 3 years for us , liverpool and soton have been nothing short of disgraceful , i for one dont wish him well
hands down our worst ever buy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Caulker gone! on 18:03 - Dec 28 with 4034 viewsactonman

Good fking riddance , if he's such a screw up then I hope he sorts his life out and ends up doing something useful with his life but as ashdown says above ,if he turns up at someone like Southampton playing brilliant in the next few months then he can go and fcuk himself !!
Caulker gone! on 18:30 - Dec 28 with 3930 viewsGloryHunter

Also, didn't Redknapp claim he needed to sign Rio Ferdinand in order to persuade Caulker to sign for us - ie dangling the carrot of playing alongside the great Rio every week? So the long-term financial costs to the club are actually much more than are being talked about now.
Caulker gone! on 18:31 - Dec 28 with 3925 viewsPunteR

I really wanted him to do well at first and i didnt agree with the club trying to off load him when his issues first started to crop up. I'm now of the opinion that the club have done more than enough for him and the bloke is just a piss taker.
As Northernr alluded to , he's not the only one on this planet with issues with mental health and alcohol.
He's absolutely rinsed our club

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Caulker gone! on 18:43 - Dec 28 with 3894 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Caulker gone! on 16:24 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Yeh I thought he was a great signing too, exactly the sort of player we should have been signing after a promotion.

But I'm not having this 'good luck, hope he sorts his demons out' stuff I'm seeing. I was very sympathetic towards him for a while, because I've first hand experience with alcoholism and depression in my family and I know what it's like.

But there have been another clutch of incidents again this season which the club has managed to keep under wraps while they're trying to sell him. This after he was treated to yet another puff piece in the Guardian over the summer about what a changed man he was (all clearly designed to get him another big contract at another stupid club). Some of it is to do with him not being able to stay off the booze, but some of it - telling the manager "don't fcking mug me off" and storming out when he finds out he's only on the bench v Fulham for instance - is just a privileged, mouthy wnkr being a privileged mouthy wnkr.

Bad luck to him. I hope he has to go and get a proper job in the real world, where you get the sack if you're pissd all the time and not fit to do your job.

Well, I suppose i’m wishing good luck on a human level.

I’ve got a personal stake in it sort of, so don’t really like to jump up and down too much. I think you can be a dickhead and have issues with drink and depression. Certainly won’t make me feel better as a QPR fan to wish him ill.
Caulker gone! on 18:47 - Dec 28 with 3875 viewsFredManRave

With all the understandable negativity on this thread I think a well done is due to the club for at least photo shopping out of the twitter photo the two dimpled pint glasses he was holding.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker gone! on 19:32 - Dec 28 with 3785 viewsderbyhoop

Apart from members of the Licensed Victuallers Association (does it still exist?) , I can't see many tears being shed.

The timing is interesting, though.
Either
He's got another club lined up
Or
Rangers have finally got a huge wage bill off the books. Either to make room for incoming or just to satisfy FFP.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Caulker gone! on 19:42 - Dec 28 with 3751 viewsToast_R

Good riddance to the bad energy around the club. Now if they can sack Emanuel Thomas off too it would be wonderful.
Caulker gone! on 19:45 - Dec 28 with 3755 viewsSnipper

Do I take it that if Mr Caulker was inducted into Forever Rs, it wouldn’t go down too well?

Caulker gone! on 20:51 - Dec 28 with 3639 viewsNortholt_Rs

Caulker gone! on 19:32 - Dec 28 by derbyhoop

Apart from members of the Licensed Victuallers Association (does it still exist?) , I can't see many tears being shed.

The timing is interesting, though.
Either
He's got another club lined up
Or
Rangers have finally got a huge wage bill off the books. Either to make room for incoming or just to satisfy FFP.

If he’s gone to another club why have we parted company ‘by mutual consent’? He would’ve just been transferred to the other club.... I mean WTF is going to touch that waste of oxygen?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Caulker gone! on 20:55 - Dec 28 with 3622 viewsBoston

Caulker gone! on 18:43 - Dec 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, I suppose i’m wishing good luck on a human level.

I’ve got a personal stake in it sort of, so don’t really like to jump up and down too much. I think you can be a dickhead and have issues with drink and depression. Certainly won’t make me feel better as a QPR fan to wish him ill.

Well then as soon as he hooks up with someone else you're not a fan off you can bad mouth him with a clear conscience, sorted.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Caulker gone! on 20:55 - Dec 28 with 3629 viewsloneranger1

Happy days!
Caulker gone! on 21:28 - Dec 28 with 3538 viewssmegma

Makes the decision to play him in the under 23s AND make him captain away to Millwall a few weeks ago even more ridiculous than it seemed at the time.

Utter waste of space. Even when he was playing in the first team. Hull City away springs to mind when 'our Joey' got sent off. He had an assist for Hulls first goal and was pi$$ poor all game. He never improved after that.
Caulker gone! on 21:33 - Dec 28 with 3526 viewsisawqpratwcity

Caulker gone! on 15:32 - Dec 28 by Northernr

He certainly won’t have gone for free, but even if we’ve persuaded him to drop a couple of months in return for a lump sum now that’s still £100k saved.

Am I correct in thinking you meant 'a couple of weeks', not 'months' to save ÂŁ100k?

But regardless of whether we are saving only a small fraction of his wage bill or not, of whether he is a sad victim or a massive leech, he is gone and that is good news.

We can't afford drones and it only makes us feel bad about seeing them hanging around the club.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Caulker gone! on 21:38 - Dec 28 with 3514 viewsNorthernr

Caulker gone! on 21:33 - Dec 28 by isawqpratwcity

Am I correct in thinking you meant 'a couple of weeks', not 'months' to save ÂŁ100k?

But regardless of whether we are saving only a small fraction of his wage bill or not, of whether he is a sad victim or a massive leech, he is gone and that is good news.

We can't afford drones and it only makes us feel bad about seeing them hanging around the club.

Correct, apols.
Caulker gone! on 22:32 - Dec 28 with 3401 viewsToast_R

Caulker gone! on 20:51 - Dec 28 by Northolt_Rs

If he’s gone to another club why have we parted company ‘by mutual consent’? He would’ve just been transferred to the other club.... I mean WTF is going to touch that waste of oxygen?

When he finds a new club, it's probably not a football type of club
Caulker gone! on 02:48 - Dec 29 with 3210 viewsjonno

Caulker gone! on 17:01 - Dec 28 by rbsranger

Still not understanding how employment law in UK/ football works. His behaviour for the last few years would have been a sacking for cause in any job I know about with no severance due. Instead he has been able to drink his way through his contract with no consequences.
It's no wonder that those of us that live in the real world feel more disconnected to the game today.

Absolutely spot on. We should have sacked him a long time ago on those grounds and taken our chances with any possible lawsuit. I can't see that he would have any support for taking legal action unless it says in his contract that he is allowed to be a drunk and fail to fulfil the terms of his contract, which seems unlikely even for us. Good riddance to him, couldn't care less what happens to him. Waster of the highest order.
Caulker gone! on 07:02 - Dec 29 with 3124 viewsfunkyworm

Caulker gone! on 07:46 - Dec 29 with 3069 viewsderbyhoop

Caulker gone! on 20:51 - Dec 28 by Northolt_Rs

Fans of other clubs, notably Celtic, would take him at a shot. Managers may take a mire cautious view, given his well documented problems.

It's because of the latter we cannot get a transfer. As a free agent, its less of a risk.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Caulker gone! on 11:15 - Dec 29 with 2843 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news for us. I don't know the ins and outs of what's gone on but I hope for his sake that this doesn't spell a descent into greater depths.

Well done to the club for negotiating a settlement. Can't have been easy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Caulker gone! on 13:18 - Dec 29 with 2654 viewsrsonist

Needed to be done. Now onto JET, Borysiuk, Yeni, Lynch.
Caulker gone! on 14:19 - Dec 29 with 2597 viewsFredManRave

Caulker gone! on 11:15 - Dec 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Good news for us. I don't know the ins and outs of what's gone on but I hope for his sake that this doesn't spell a descent into greater depths.

Well done to the club for negotiating a settlement. Can't have been easy.

It wasn't. It was Caulker.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Caulker gone! on 19:13 - Dec 29 with 2443 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bet his leaving party will be a monster piss up!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024