Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 21:03 - Mar 3 with 2799 viewsBlackCrowe

from seeing Three Billboards. Flipping great. taken in all sorts of different directions. 8/10

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 21:07 - Mar 3 with 2788 viewsTacticalR

Yes, I really liked it.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 22:36 - Mar 3 with 2679 viewsacricketer

Great film. Probably going to get best movie at the Oscars.

One film that I really enjoyed recently was 'Last Flag Flying". Excellent ensemble performances from Carrel, Fishbourne and Cranston.
Just back on 23:36 - Mar 3 with 2607 viewsnix

Absolutely loved it. Bit of subtlety in the characters, unusual nuance for Hollywood film. Hope it wins.

Going to see Ladybird tomorrow, with the always watchable Saoirse Roman. Not really a blokey film but had great reviews too so high hopes.
Just back on 01:39 - Mar 4 with 2518 viewsBoston

Anyone else not bother watching flicks? Well, I see the occasional offering when I’m flying, apart from that, lemme think, maybe one in the last five, make that ten years.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just back on 09:10 - Mar 4 with 2368 viewsisawqpratwcity

Just back on 01:39 - Mar 4 by Boston

Anyone else not bother watching flicks? Well, I see the occasional offering when I’m flying, apart from that, lemme think, maybe one in the last five, make that ten years.

Not even on the idiot box? It's the only place I see films these days, but watch loads.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Just back on 10:44 - Mar 4 with 2267 viewsaston_hoop

Off to see it this afternoon, wasn't sure but glad to read the positive stuff about it now!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Just back on 11:12 - Mar 4 with 2223 viewsTW_R

Just back on 10:44 - Mar 4 by aston_hoop

Off to see it this afternoon, wasn't sure but glad to read the positive stuff about it now!

It's a great film. I'm hoping Sam Rockwell wins the best supporting actor Oscar tonight. He is brilliant.

Having not been to the cinema for a long time I've had a bit of a binge recently. I rated these 4 films in the following order:-

Three billboards......
I, Tonya
The darkest hour
The post

The interesting thing about Ladybird is there is a massive ratings gap between the critics and the audience. See article below:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43146027
Just back on 11:38 - Mar 4 with 2190 viewsHantsR

I saw 3 Billboards in January and thought it was a belter of a film. Loved the dark comedy and acid dialogue;brilliant acting and every inch the best film For an Oscar.

But ... just been reading about 'Get Out' coming in on the blind side? - bit like Moonlight last year. Hope 3 Billboards gets the nod.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 12:48 - Mar 4 with 2147 viewsFDC

Enjoyed Three Billboards, although it did lose me a bit with the letter and epiphany scene. Still a good film though, some great performances.

Watched I, Tonya at the wife's request. Enjoyed it much more than I expected too.

Get Out was superb, very well observed.
Just back on 12:56 - Mar 4 with 2135 viewsstevec

Just back on 12:48 - Mar 4 by FDC

Enjoyed Three Billboards, although it did lose me a bit with the letter and epiphany scene. Still a good film though, some great performances.

Watched I, Tonya at the wife's request. Enjoyed it much more than I expected too.

Get Out was superb, very well observed.

Yeah 3 Billboards and Get Out, both excellent films.
Just back on 13:40 - Mar 4 with 2093 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the tips, folks. I'll add them to my list.

Really enjoyed The Death of Stalin recently. It's on iTunes. Cracking comedy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 15:18 - Mar 4 with 2005 viewsthame_hoops

Really enjoyed it too

The shape of water was just odd though.
Just back on 15:25 - Mar 4 with 1999 viewsFDC

Just back on 13:40 - Mar 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the tips, folks. I'll add them to my list.

Really enjoyed The Death of Stalin recently. It's on iTunes. Cracking comedy.

Watched that last week. Have to admit i was slightly disappointed, but then I'd been looking forward to it so much i probably ruined it for myself!

Bit of a curve ball but I also quite enjoyed the Pixar film Coco recently, about the Mexican day of the dead.
Just back on 19:40 - Mar 4 with 1872 viewsRoller

Just back from watching Agatha Christie’s "Witness for the Prosecution" at County Hall on the Southbank. The old Council Chamber makes a fabulous setting for a gripping court room drama which has been superbly cast and is superbly acted and , of course, being a Christie, superbly crafted.
Just back on 19:46 - Mar 4 with 1862 viewsconnell10

Just back on 19:40 - Mar 4 by Roller

Just back from watching Agatha Christie’s "Witness for the Prosecution" at County Hall on the Southbank. The old Council Chamber makes a fabulous setting for a gripping court room drama which has been superbly cast and is superbly acted and , of course, being a Christie, superbly crafted.

But was there as much drama as at the back of MU on a Saturday afternoon whilst I’m holding court me old mucker?????

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back on 07:27 - Mar 5 with 1670 viewsRoller

Just back on 19:46 - Mar 4 by connell10

But was there as much drama as at the back of MU on a Saturday afternoon whilst I’m holding court me old mucker?????

More drama and far less predictable.
Just back on 07:41 - Mar 5 with 1663 viewsconnell10

Just back on 07:27 - Mar 5 by Roller

More drama and far less predictable.

Very good!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back on 09:30 - Mar 5 with 1627 viewsFDC

Just back on 23:36 - Mar 3 by nix

Absolutely loved it. Bit of subtlety in the characters, unusual nuance for Hollywood film. Hope it wins.

Going to see Ladybird tomorrow, with the always watchable Saoirse Roman. Not really a blokey film but had great reviews too so high hopes.

Watched Lady Bird last night, thought it was great, and surprised it didn't pick anything up at the Oscars. Saoirse Ronan was superb, but Frances McDormand was nailed on for best actress for Three Billboards.

Not watched Shape of Water yet. Loved Pan's Labyrinth and Devil's Backbone, but got about a third of the way through Crimson Peak and turned it off.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 9:31]
Just back on 10:52 - Mar 5 with 1591 viewssmegma

A work colleague went to see 3 billboards in Uxbridge a few weeks ago. The next day he got a text saying ' thank you for your recent purchase of tickets to see 3 Billboards online. When you purchased the tickets we told you that you would be entered into a free prize draw. Well we're glad to tell you that you have won the prize draw'.

He's currently on a 4 day all expenses paid trip to LA for the Oscars. Did he bring me as his guest? Did he phuck!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024