Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:38 - Mar 6 with 6287 viewsTacticalR

I thought our goal was a real face-saver at the end of a game where it felt we could play all day long without scoring.

Is it a coincidence that we only score when our strikers have been taken off?

Conor has always looked short on skill but now he looks short on intelligence.

Great goal from Luongo, but I have to say he looked out of it for most of the game and is in bad need of a rest.

Smyth is a real wild card. It was him getting pushed over that got us the free-kick that led to the goal.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 22:48 - Mar 6 with 4843 views1MoreBrightonR

We all know that we have issues scoring...thats nothing new., We can equally argue that other than their goal, derby didn't massively threaten (though had a couple chances) and we easily deserved a draw against one of the better teams in the division. We played with spirit, had a some real positives and decent performances after a terrible previous game. Dont think many of us went expecting that.
Just back on 23:00 - Mar 6 with 4738 viewsBostonR

Derby were bang average and there for the taking-Lynch should have won it at the end. Why does Holloway wait so long to make a change? His changes were right but Pav and Eze should have come on much sooner.
Washington was so poor and should have come off at HT.
Just back on 23:03 - Mar 6 with 4698 viewsFDC

How did just backs think the midfield three did in a 433? Looked like Luongo struggled to get in to it first half, but difficult to tell whether that was down to the shape of the team.
Just back on 23:04 - Mar 6 with 4695 viewsstevec

Pleasantly surprised to see the youngsters Eze, and most of all Smyth, actually running at defences, hope that doesn't get coached out of them.

Furlong was also 100% better with his aerial challenges, normally gets knocked about but didn't let it happen tonight.

We need to get better movement next season, far too much ball watching from some.
Just back on 23:04 - Mar 6 with 4691 viewsBoston

Stats.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43206628

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just backe on 23:05 - Mar 6 with 4685 viewsnix

Just back on 22:48 - Mar 6 by 1MoreBrightonR

We all know that we have issues scoring...thats nothing new., We can equally argue that other than their goal, derby didn't massively threaten (though had a couple chances) and we easily deserved a draw against one of the better teams in the division. We played with spirit, had a some real positives and decent performances after a terrible previous game. Dont think many of us went expecting that.

I agree with this. Also I thought we looked dangerous a few times when Eze came on. The Derby defence looked a lot more uncomfortable when both Smyth and Eze were running at them. They resorted to fouling us all over the pitch and could have had more bookings.

We definitely deserved a point. Some of our players, Scowen, Luongo and Freeman in particular looked a bit knackered and could do with a rest. Good to see Furlong come on and put in a decent performance. Fantastic double save from Smithies.

The crowd really picked up after we scored. Poor Richard Keogh must hate playing us. ‘He’s one of our own’ rang out loudly a number of times. I’m surprised they took off Palmer who looked their most dangerous player. They looked a lot less threatening when he went off. Yet another of the ubiquitous Chelsea loanees!!!
Just back on 23:14 - Mar 6 with 4592 views100percent

definitely some positives from tonight. Smyth is fantastic to watch - direct, tricky and an absolute nuisance - every defenders nightmare. Eze looked good when he eventually came on - sensible on the ball and can pick a pass. Furlong had a great game. Generally a strong performance after taking a beating from Notts. we are looking almost safe now - give more of the youngsters a run out - especially up front and maybe rest a couple of the midfield three - they are looking a bit jaded and tired....
Just back on 23:16 - Mar 6 with 4578 viewsMyke

none of the players should be knackered - just had the last 10 days free (from a match I mean) But it says a lot for their resilience if they were feeling the strain that Freeman and Luongo were both involved in the goal. That's four each now, which is a bit closer to where we need our mid-fielders to be scoring wise. Ironic that this should coincide with the strikers 'trickle' virtually drying up altogether. Good point though, especially as nobody below us won and most of them got beat.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 23:17 - Mar 6 with 4560 viewssmegma

Just back on 23:14 - Mar 6 by 100percent

definitely some positives from tonight. Smyth is fantastic to watch - direct, tricky and an absolute nuisance - every defenders nightmare. Eze looked good when he eventually came on - sensible on the ball and can pick a pass. Furlong had a great game. Generally a strong performance after taking a beating from Notts. we are looking almost safe now - give more of the youngsters a run out - especially up front and maybe rest a couple of the midfield three - they are looking a bit jaded and tired....

You didn't mention the dwarf !!!!!!
Just back on 23:22 - Mar 6 with 4507 viewsflynnbo

How many chances does big Smith need?
Just back on 23:41 - Mar 6 with 4394 views100percent

Just back on 23:17 - Mar 6 by smegma

You didn't mention the dwarf !!!!!!

he was a gnome with no neck... on the bench for the rams. all he needed was alittle fishing rod...
Just back on 23:46 - Mar 6 with 4349 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Happy with the point that I thought we deserved.

First half was "competitive" to put it kindly. Their goal was either a good bit of opportunism by their loanee or a lapse by our midfield. I can't decide which really not having seen the highlights. Bit of both probably.

Besides Smyth, I thought the whole team looked a bit sluggish. Derby were no better on the night.

Wszołek at RB or RWB is beginning to grow on me. I know it was just a cameo tonight (and I wasn't at Forest game last week thank fck!). Not a lot wrong there ability wise from what I can see. Lacks experience perhaps.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 00:02 - Mar 7 with 4252 viewsTacticalR

Just back on 23:22 - Mar 6 by flynnbo

How many chances does big Smith need?

A great many.

I think the problem is not so much Smith himself, as that when Smith is around we tend to resort to antediluvian Smith football, and we bet the whole shop on Smith.

As Gallen said at the beginning of the season on Open All R's, Smith is good Plan B for the last half hour, but not a good Plan A.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 00:57 - Mar 7 with 4087 viewsVancouverHoop

Just back on 00:02 - Mar 7 by TacticalR

A great many.

I think the problem is not so much Smith himself, as that when Smith is around we tend to resort to antediluvian Smith football, and we bet the whole shop on Smith.

As Gallen said at the beginning of the season on Open All R's, Smith is good Plan B for the last half hour, but not a good Plan A.

I suspect Smith is never going to get the calls forwards his size used to get. Officials ignore most of the stuff that goes on in the box these days, and if they call anything it'll be on an attacking player. He's basically on the pitch to get beaten up every week.
Just back on 02:17 - Mar 7 with 4013 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just back on 23:14 - Mar 6 by 100percent

Seems a balanced view for those looking in from afar. Would gladly have taken a post by atbthe start, so well done Rs.

As you, me and several others have suggested, assuming we get to mathematical safety before the end of the season, I’d love to see the kids given a proper run out. There’s no point playing Smith, Mackie, Washington and their ilk at such a point in the season, we know what they can and can’t do.

It does of course require some of our more one-dimensional fans getting behind the idea of encouraging the pups in such circumstances.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just back on 02:39 - Mar 7 with 3986 viewsLythamR

Just back on 02:17 - Mar 7 by PlanetHonneywood

Seems a balanced view for those looking in from afar. Would gladly have taken a post by atbthe start, so well done Rs.

As you, me and several others have suggested, assuming we get to mathematical safety before the end of the season, I’d love to see the kids given a proper run out. There’s no point playing Smith, Mackie, Washington and their ilk at such a point in the season, we know what they can and can’t do.

It does of course require some of our more one-dimensional fans getting behind the idea of encouraging the pups in such circumstances.

2 standout moments tonight for me

the first Smyth bought that free kick, he was touched but he knew it was coming and went down at a very important moment when he was going nowhere to give us a free kick

the 2nd was that from what i could see in JU . Freeman told Loungo where he was putting the ball for the goal, previously on 2 occasions he held both hands up straight before delivering the ball, on this occasion he did the same but then gave a small indication with his right hand that told Loungo where the ball was going to go and Massimo met it perfectly

Loved that and also great to see Eze come on and do his stuff, a couple of really excellent but of work and also a decent shot on target from distance.

If only Lynch had scuffed his shot rather that striking it perfectly we migh have got what I think would have been a deserved 3 points
Just back on 09:08 - Mar 7 with 3317 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back on 02:39 - Mar 7 by LythamR

2 standout moments tonight for me

the first Smyth bought that free kick, he was touched but he knew it was coming and went down at a very important moment when he was going nowhere to give us a free kick

the 2nd was that from what i could see in JU . Freeman told Loungo where he was putting the ball for the goal, previously on 2 occasions he held both hands up straight before delivering the ball, on this occasion he did the same but then gave a small indication with his right hand that told Loungo where the ball was going to go and Massimo met it perfectly

Loved that and also great to see Eze come on and do his stuff, a couple of really excellent but of work and also a decent shot on target from distance.

If only Lynch had scuffed his shot rather that striking it perfectly we migh have got what I think would have been a deserved 3 points

"If only Lynch had scuffed his shot rather that striking it perfectly we migh have got what I think would have been a deserved 3 points"

or if only we hadn't subbed our top scoring striker and replaced him with a central defender to play up front. Luongo's goal rescued IH from a lot of flack for that bizarre substitution. Unless Smith was injured that is.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 09:27 - Mar 7 with 3254 viewstoboboly

Just back on 23:46 - Mar 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Happy with the point that I thought we deserved.

First half was "competitive" to put it kindly. Their goal was either a good bit of opportunism by their loanee or a lapse by our midfield. I can't decide which really not having seen the highlights. Bit of both probably.

Besides Smyth, I thought the whole team looked a bit sluggish. Derby were no better on the night.

Wszołek at RB or RWB is beginning to grow on me. I know it was just a cameo tonight (and I wasn't at Forest game last week thank fck!). Not a lot wrong there ability wise from what I can see. Lacks experience perhaps.

I thought their goal was rank bad defending from all involved. Scowen and Luongo put in powderpuff "challenges" before Robinson and Onouha don't close Palmer down and allow Weimann a run through.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Just back on 09:38 - Mar 7 with 3218 viewsloftus77

This might seem really harsh on Scowen, Freeman,and particularly Luongo, but why would they be ‘knackered’ as such?

They’re fit, professional, footballers playing in settled roles and have all had decent seasons. And unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think our legendary energy-sapping cup runs this season would have taken that much out of them. I can’t think of many teams who would have played less games than we have over the last few months.
Just back on 10:10 - Mar 7 with 3105 viewsTacticalR

Just back on 09:38 - Mar 7 by loftus77

This might seem really harsh on Scowen, Freeman,and particularly Luongo, but why would they be ‘knackered’ as such?

They’re fit, professional, footballers playing in settled roles and have all had decent seasons. And unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think our legendary energy-sapping cup runs this season would have taken that much out of them. I can’t think of many teams who would have played less games than we have over the last few months.

Before deciding what we want to happen (players should not be tired) we need to understand what is happening.

Raymond Verheijen argues that football must be treated as an intensity sport rather than an endurance sport:

"If you want to improve as a player the most important thing is to improve the speed of your actions," Verheijen explained. "That proves football is an intensity sport and not an endurance sport. In endurance sports you need more and longer sessions and in intensity sports you focus on the quality of a session."

He also says that players can be fit but not fresh.

Another way of putting it is that playing a professional game is more like a one-off artistic production than a routine job, and intensity and creativity are as important as sheer effort and can't be produced at will. Football involves a lot more running than in the past. Teams in the Europa League tend to have worse results in their domestic games after a Europa League game. Luongo's trips abroad take their toll. Playing over Christmas takes its toll. Long periods without a break take their toll.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 11:07 - Mar 7 with 2993 viewsW7Ranger

Just back on 09:08 - Mar 7 by BlackCrowe

"If only Lynch had scuffed his shot rather that striking it perfectly we migh have got what I think would have been a deserved 3 points"

or if only we hadn't subbed our top scoring striker and replaced him with a central defender to play up front. Luongo's goal rescued IH from a lot of flack for that bizarre substitution. Unless Smith was injured that is.

Smith didn't have a great game last night, missed several headers (eg. off target as oppose to straight at the keeper), and looked absolutely f**ked!

Who's to say it wasn't a master stroke by Olly to freshen things up in attack. He seemed to unsettle the Derby defence and we scored about 2 mins after he came on. Then got in to a great position to win but unfortunately smacked his volley straight at Carson.
Just back on 13:11 - Mar 7 with 2835 viewsloneranger1

Just back on 11:07 - Mar 7 by W7Ranger

Smith didn't have a great game last night, missed several headers (eg. off target as oppose to straight at the keeper), and looked absolutely f**ked!

Who's to say it wasn't a master stroke by Olly to freshen things up in attack. He seemed to unsettle the Derby defence and we scored about 2 mins after he came on. Then got in to a great position to win but unfortunately smacked his volley straight at Carson.

My thoughts too - Smith looked absolutely knackered and I know he hit the bar earlier in the game, but how many goals has Smith scored for us with his feet?! Not sure he'd have put that chance away either...
Just back on 14:22 - Mar 7 with 2727 viewsW7Ranger

Just back on 13:11 - Mar 7 by loneranger1

My thoughts too - Smith looked absolutely knackered and I know he hit the bar earlier in the game, but how many goals has Smith scored for us with his feet?! Not sure he'd have put that chance away either...

He had another chance with his feet in the 2nd half when Eze slipped a ball through to him, but took an age to turn and get a shot away.
Just back on 14:41 - Mar 7 with 2680 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just back on 09:27 - Mar 7 by toboboly

I thought their goal was rank bad defending from all involved. Scowen and Luongo put in powderpuff "challenges" before Robinson and Onouha don't close Palmer down and allow Weimann a run through.

It wasn't Onuoha, it was Bidwell
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 14:43]

The grass is always greener.

Just back on 15:51 - Mar 7 with 2551 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 23:03 - Mar 6 by FDC

How did just backs think the midfield three did in a 433? Looked like Luongo struggled to get in to it first half, but difficult to tell whether that was down to the shape of the team.

We looked more solid, but Derby were not that ambitious, so can't take it for granted that it will work against every team.

Would start with Eze on Saturday.

Main beneficiaries of the 4-3-3 were Bidwell and especially Furlong, who looked so much happier as full backs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024