Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who'll Go Furthest? 03:30 - Mar 18 with 2067 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who'll Go Furthest? on 12:00 - Mar 18 with 1870 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wot, no Smyth?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Who'll Go Furthest? on 12:15 - Mar 18 with 1850 viewsMedwayR

No Smyth, Manning, Goss or Osayi-Samuel...

I voted for Furlong who I think will be a very decent Championship player, Eze has far more potential but it's too early to tell how he will develop at the moment.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 12:17]

Poll: Who’s better?

Who'll Go Furthest? on 13:31 - Mar 18 with 1736 viewsDWQPR

Smyth and Eze have got it. I really do like Smyth, he really does know how to get a ball across and terrified that Foolham left back when he came on. He is direct, pacey and a real bloody nuisance to defenders. To the point that the Foolham defender who 'tackled' him had every intention on trying to ensure that he would not return after treatment. And with his crossing, look at that fantastic cut back for Freeman, he will vary his crosses and I suspect the more he plays the more chances will be created and the more the midfield will get on the scoresheet.

As for Eze, he glides, he has strength, awareness and a fantastic eye for a pass. He will only get better and better in my book. I really am now looking forward to watching him play every week.

Furlong, has added strength to his game, has a good leap on him now and looks so much more of an accomplished full back in a back four. I trust this kid as a defender and I think that where someone has previously called that he could be captain in a few years has got that right. I suspect that with a footballing father who earned a few quid, there is a well educated son there and a natural leader.

Lumley, I haven't see, but a Gashead friend of mine really rated him last season.

Manning, yesterday he did a lot without being really noticed, but supported Furlong well on the right and ensured with him that Sessongong (?) didn't get much of a sniff.

But the really pleasing thing is that it is great that we are now talking about a bunch of kids that are our kids, and excited about every one of them and feeling now that we cannot do without them. And I suspect that there are a few more on the conveyor belt.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Who'll Go Furthest? on 13:54 - Mar 18 with 1706 viewsBoston

Arise the ‘Young Turks’.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who'll Go Furthest? on 14:23 - Mar 18 with 1664 viewsRangersDave

That bird i met in the late 90's went the furthest, and fastest ;-)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Who'll Go Furthest? on 14:26 - Mar 18 with 1658 viewsHantsR

Who'll Go Furthest? on 14:23 - Mar 18 by RangersDave

That bird i met in the late 90's went the furthest, and fastest ;-)

...and your avatar, a lovely picture of her too?
Who'll Go Furthest? on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 1649 viewsenfieldargh

Who'll Go Furthest? on 13:54 - Mar 18 by Boston

Arise the ‘Young Turks’.

yup, this could be the best crop of youngsters EVER.

From around 1979 thru mid 80's we produced Allen Waddock Dawes Neil Goddard Fereday, Stewart then Hucker Maca Bradley & Martin Allen Dean Neal and latterly David Kerslake.

Others who made fleeting appearance were Barry Wallace, Benstead, Wilkins jnr O'connor.

The list on the OP is really exciting with a team of top coaches backing them up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who'll Go Furthest? on 16:48 - Mar 18 with 1527 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who'll Go Furthest? on 12:15 - Mar 18 by MedwayR

No Smyth, Manning, Goss or Osayi-Samuel...

I voted for Furlong who I think will be a very decent Championship player, Eze has far more potential but it's too early to tell how he will develop at the moment.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 12:17]

I’m going for QPR products only.
Login to get fewer ads

Who'll Go Furthest? on 16:57 - Mar 18 with 1503 viewsMedwayR

Who'll Go Furthest? on 16:48 - Mar 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m going for QPR products only.

Ok but we signed Oteh from Spurs & Eze from Millwall so they're not really our products either. It's nice to be having this discussion though, wherever they come from things are looking positive.

Poll: Who’s better?

Who'll Go Furthest? on 00:06 - Mar 19 with 1390 viewsoldmisery

Who'll Go Furthest? on 14:31 - Mar 18 by enfieldargh

yup, this could be the best crop of youngsters EVER.

From around 1979 thru mid 80's we produced Allen Waddock Dawes Neil Goddard Fereday, Stewart then Hucker Maca Bradley & Martin Allen Dean Neal and latterly David Kerslake.

Others who made fleeting appearance were Barry Wallace, Benstead, Wilkins jnr O'connor.

The list on the OP is really exciting with a team of top coaches backing them up

It's a good group of exciting young players with great potential, yes, but the best ever?

What about the period circa 1964-1970? I give you:
Morgan, Morgan, Hazell, Hunt, Keen, Leach, Sibley, Springett, Clement, Gillard, Francis, Busby and Evans. In my view better in both quality and quantity.
Who'll Go Furthest? on 00:52 - Mar 19 with 1367 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who'll Go Furthest? on 16:57 - Mar 18 by MedwayR

Ok but we signed Oteh from Spurs & Eze from Millwall so they're not really our products either. It's nice to be having this discussion though, wherever they come from things are looking positive.

That fair enough, we’ll call it players we have a professional debut to instead!
Who'll Go Furthest? on 08:32 - Mar 19 with 1275 viewsShotKneesHoop

Who'll Go Furthest? on 00:06 - Mar 19 by oldmisery

It's a good group of exciting young players with great potential, yes, but the best ever?

What about the period circa 1964-1970? I give you:
Morgan, Morgan, Hazell, Hunt, Keen, Leach, Sibley, Springett, Clement, Gillard, Francis, Busby and Evans. In my view better in both quality and quantity.

A millenium crop of kids, never happen again. Most made it to the top as well. Wasn't Fenwick around then too?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Who'll Go Furthest? on 09:05 - Mar 19 with 1255 viewsoldmisery

Who'll Go Furthest? on 08:32 - Mar 19 by ShotKneesHoop

A millenium crop of kids, never happen again. Most made it to the top as well. Wasn't Fenwick around then too?

Yes, all of them played their part in our successful teams of the 60's and 70's with the slight exception of Busby and Evans, both of whose careers were blighted by injury.

Fenwick was a later vintage, signed around 1979/80, I think - but he wasn't one of ours. Terry Venables bought him from Crystal Palace if my memory serves me correctly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024