Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the pitch 13:00 - Apr 25 with 16791 viewsRblockPrior

Really hope we don't have hundreds of fans trying to get on the pitch at the end of the game on Saturday, never understood doing it when we have had a bang average season and it also delays the players coming out on their lap of the stadium.

If we win the league or get promoted I could understand but it is not needed sat, although I have no doubt there will be plenty who try and succeed

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

On the pitch on 13:04 - Apr 25 with 7060 viewsRs_Holy

what happenned to all the big warnings we were promised??? Ive seen one sentance on the offish in an interview with Ollie and thats it.
On the pitch on 13:19 - Apr 25 with 7010 viewsToast_R

Ban anyone that does it for 10 years... unless they renew.
On the pitch on 13:24 - Apr 25 with 7003 viewsjohann28

I hope so too. I also hope wine pours out my tap next time I fill the kettle. There is more chance of the asteroid hitting, religious unity and the Rs winning the Champions League than an end of season pitch invasion not happening.
On the pitch on 13:50 - Apr 25 with 6930 viewsquickpassrotter

If one thing is absolutely certain at QPR - it's that there will be a pitch invasion after the final whistle. Clueless fans (or they call themselves fans...) will charge on. The stewards will be near to useless as usual, and will not be able to prevent this. The club will get a massive fine from the Football League.
Fast forward to this time next year ...the club will announce that they will get an even bigger fine if it happens again ...the fans still run onto the pitch at the end of the game.....
Call me cynical but it happens year after year despite the announcements and warnings.

It's senseless. It's pure embarrassment.
On the pitch on 13:56 - Apr 25 with 6912 viewsNorthernr

Whether you like it or not, embarrassed by it or not, think it's tradition or not, is all irrelevant this week. They've been told in no uncertain terms it will be a big fine and a possible reduction in capacity for this game next season if it happens, so everybody should keep off regardless of how they feel about it.
On the pitch on 14:01 - Apr 25 with 6896 viewsRs_Holy

On the pitch on 13:50 - Apr 25 by quickpassrotter

If one thing is absolutely certain at QPR - it's that there will be a pitch invasion after the final whistle. Clueless fans (or they call themselves fans...) will charge on. The stewards will be near to useless as usual, and will not be able to prevent this. The club will get a massive fine from the Football League.
Fast forward to this time next year ...the club will announce that they will get an even bigger fine if it happens again ...the fans still run onto the pitch at the end of the game.....
Call me cynical but it happens year after year despite the announcements and warnings.

It's senseless. It's pure embarrassment.

The club need to have this as the main story on the offish between now and saturday.
They need to hand out leaflets as people are entering the ground.
They need to ask people to grass up offenders if they know who they are.
It basically needs to stop as I think the vast majority of fans are completely dogged off with it!i
On the pitch on 14:28 - Apr 25 with 6848 viewsLunarJetman

On the pitch on 14:01 - Apr 25 by Rs_Holy

The club need to have this as the main story on the offish between now and saturday.
They need to hand out leaflets as people are entering the ground.
They need to ask people to grass up offenders if they know who they are.
It basically needs to stop as I think the vast majority of fans are completely dogged off with it!i

I remember when we won the Championship title under Warnock and they set off on a lap of honour round the ground showing off the trophy.

They got 3/4 of the way round the ground before the plums came on and ruined it. They never made it round us so we didn't get the chance to show our appreciation.
On the pitch on 14:29 - Apr 25 with 6829 viewssimmo

Can see it getting a bit nasty as fans try to stop people going on, the stewards certainly won't. Imagine running on a pitch just to be on it, fckin divs.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

On the pitch on 14:42 - Apr 25 with 6798 viewsstowmarketrange

On the pitch on 14:28 - Apr 25 by LunarJetman

I remember when we won the Championship title under Warnock and they set off on a lap of honour round the ground showing off the trophy.

They got 3/4 of the way round the ground before the plums came on and ruined it. They never made it round us so we didn't get the chance to show our appreciation.

Same here mate.Just because the selfish c@nts had seen the players and trophy paraded around their part of the ground that they possibly had been in only once or twice that season,they had to spoil it for the unlucky ones who decided to wait their turn in their seats.
That and briatore ruining we are the champions by grabbing the microphone half way through it spoilt a potentially once in a lifetime chance to properly celebrate a championship winning lap of honour.
Bitter and twisted?You fecking bet.cants.
On the pitch on 14:55 - Apr 25 with 6766 viewsTripleR

If the club can prove they have made all efforts to stop these invasions happening, with extra stewards, guard dogs, electric fences, warnings etc.etc.
I can't see how they can get fined.
On the pitch on 15:01 - Apr 25 with 6749 viewssmegma

When Warnock won the Championship, I stepped over the wall from the Lower Loft behind the goal, turned 180 degrees, took a photo of the scoreboard that said 'QPR Champions', then popped back over the wall. I then proceeded to the Coningham Arms where I then got royally w@nkered!!!

The only time I've been on the pitch on the last home game of the season.
On the pitch on 15:06 - Apr 25 with 6727 viewsRBlock

On the pitch on 14:55 - Apr 25 by TripleR

If the club can prove they have made all efforts to stop these invasions happening, with extra stewards, guard dogs, electric fences, warnings etc.etc.
I can't see how they can get fined.

Land mines, barbed wire, a moat filled with alligators etc.etc.
On the pitch on 15:15 - Apr 25 with 6691 viewsFDC

On the pitch on 15:18 - Apr 25 with 6684 viewsnix

Does anyone know anyone who actually does this? What surprises me every year is it’s not kids, it’s also middle aged people. Do they have any idea that everyone else is completely f*cked off with them? Do they really think it makes them look cool?

I agree it’s the massive delay and the spoiling of the moment. Even if we haven’t had a cracking season, I’d still like to acknowledge those that are leaving, particularly Mackie and I don’t want to have to wait twenty minutes for a load of d*ckheads to get off the pitch first. And also they’ve been some good performers this season that I’d also like to celebrate.

If it is anyone here, or their friends and relatives, and I doubt it cos mostly we seem relatively sensible, please stop it now.
On the pitch on 16:17 - Apr 25 with 6598 viewsstowmarketrange

On the pitch on 15:18 - Apr 25 by nix

Does anyone know anyone who actually does this? What surprises me every year is it’s not kids, it’s also middle aged people. Do they have any idea that everyone else is completely f*cked off with them? Do they really think it makes them look cool?

I agree it’s the massive delay and the spoiling of the moment. Even if we haven’t had a cracking season, I’d still like to acknowledge those that are leaving, particularly Mackie and I don’t want to have to wait twenty minutes for a load of d*ckheads to get off the pitch first. And also they’ve been some good performers this season that I’d also like to celebrate.

If it is anyone here, or their friends and relatives, and I doubt it cos mostly we seem relatively sensible, please stop it now.

The lower loft will suddenly be full of strangers about 5 minutes from the end of the game as the idiots mass waiting to go over the top on the sound of a whistle.W@nkers.
On the pitch on 16:27 - Apr 25 with 6569 viewspeejaybee

Can anyone point me in the direction towards The Football League Handbook on how to stop fans from running onto the pitch.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

On the pitch on 16:35 - Apr 25 with 6553 viewsBushRanger82

Kids doing a pitch invasion after a mediocre season, I get that, they haven't the sense, the maturity to realise the pointlessness of their actions.

But, grown men/women, some of whome, will be well into middle age, I'll never get that. Never.

So glad I myself, will have more sense than to run on to a pitch after a season of nothing much in particular.
On the pitch on 16:36 - Apr 25 with 6549 viewsloftboy

Doncaster got it right last night!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

On the pitch on 16:37 - Apr 25 with 6543 viewsEsox_Lucius

Get plenty of those Serbian & Bosnian bouncers lined up along the dead ball line and the touchlines and tell them they have free rein to prevent a pitch invasion. There may be a few human rights violations but it should send the message out for years to come.

The grass is always greener.

On the pitch on 16:47 - Apr 25 with 6513 viewsToast_R

On the pitch on 13:56 - Apr 25 by Northernr

Whether you like it or not, embarrassed by it or not, think it's tradition or not, is all irrelevant this week. They've been told in no uncertain terms it will be a big fine and a possible reduction in capacity for this game next season if it happens, so everybody should keep off regardless of how they feel about it.

Why not announce this throughout the day over the PA system enough times so it sinks in?
On the pitch on 16:59 - Apr 25 with 6491 viewsNorthernr

On the pitch on 16:47 - Apr 25 by Toast_R

Why not announce this throughout the day over the PA system enough times so it sinks in?

They will do. You'll be sick of hearing it.
On the pitch on 17:06 - Apr 25 with 6464 viewsstevec

Last few years it seemed like the players were embarrassed doing a lap of honour.
On the pitch on 18:06 - Apr 25 with 6369 viewsdaveB

On the pitch on 13:04 - Apr 25 by Rs_Holy

what happenned to all the big warnings we were promised??? Ive seen one sentance on the offish in an interview with Ollie and thats it.

been at least these 3 articles/videos to try and explain it. All have be met with abuse towards the club on social media and comments such as you won't stop me it's tradition

I know kids want to go on, mine does but I just told him if he goes on he has to give the club all of his pocket money and he said he didn't want to go on anymore. Simple really

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/holloway-keen-to-show-appreciation-to-r-s-f

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-v-birmingham-city-lap-of-appreciation-r

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/qpr-business-with-lee-hoos-april/
On the pitch on 18:12 - Apr 25 with 6353 viewsdaveB

On the pitch on 15:18 - Apr 25 by nix

I went on after the Palace 6-0, Warnock promotion day and a few years ago when we beat Bristol City on the last day as my kid wanted to go on and as about 800 were already on the pitch I let him go on took a picture then went to the pub. Also went on for a protest in the 90's afetr we lost 4-0 to Leeds.

Every time I've been on I really didn't know what to do and just ended up wandering around feeling a bit daft
On the pitch on 19:25 - Apr 25 with 6260 viewsloftboy

My kids went on after the Wigan play off game, I stayed at the back of the paddock keeping dry only to see my kids kettled by the stewards into Ellerslie road, fortunately my elder daughter and her husband had their season tickets in X block and rounded them up for me!
I was mightily pissed off after the Leeds game when loads of fans ran on from the lower school end forcing the stewards to put a line up on the edge of the penalty box meaning those of us in the West paddock didn’t get too close to the victory lap.
The club has stated the huge financial implications this can cause this year and if you ignore this then you are a massive cûnt end of
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 19:43]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024