Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grenfell Enquiry 07:32 - May 21 with 4661 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Launched today.

Grenfell Enquiry on 08:28 - May 21 with 4624 viewsRangersw12

It would be interesting to see if the people who are in temporary/emergency accommodation have actually been offered anything permanent and they rejected it or if it's the government being incompetent
Grenfell Enquiry on 08:30 - May 21 with 4619 viewsisawqpratwcity

What characterises 'temporary' and 'emergency' accommodation?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Grenfell Enquiry on 08:38 - May 21 with 4608 viewsganjR

Grenfell Enquiry on 08:28 - May 21 by Rangersw12

It would be interesting to see if the people who are in temporary/emergency accommodation have actually been offered anything permanent and they rejected it or if it's the government being incompetent

Most have been offered unsafe and unsuitable housing, the promise of being kept local
Is also a lie.
This will be a whitewash as the other report was.
Grenfell Enquiry on 08:45 - May 21 with 4597 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In regards to both questions, I don’t know, but K&C has 1400 empty homes and a reserve fund of £300m so they can afford and should be compelled to house all survivors any location / situation they want to be housed in.
Grenfell Enquiry on 11:57 - May 21 with 4442 viewsrobith

Grenfell Enquiry on 08:45 - May 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

In regards to both questions, I don’t know, but K&C has 1400 empty homes and a reserve fund of £300m so they can afford and should be compelled to house all survivors any location / situation they want to be housed in.

K&C (and I think Richmond are bad at this too) are well known for using their larger budgets to move their housing needs residents into lodgings in Hackney & Harringey to get rid of them, and compounding the issue in those boroughs
Grenfell Enquiry on 13:31 - May 21 with 4356 viewskensalriser

Meanwhile the utterly incompetent, cronyist council that caused this was just voted back in with another thumping majority. Essentially what those voters have said is, carry on, just keep our council tax down and if some more disadvantaged mostly brown people have to die in the process, fck it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Grenfell Enquiry on 13:34 - May 21 with 4349 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It cost 300,000 to clad the Merkel wan on Saturday, it would have cost 220,000 to clad Grenfell properly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grenfell Enquiry on 13:41 - May 21 with 4327 viewspaulparker

Have they tracked down the fella with the faulty fridge ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Grenfell Enquiry on 13:44 - May 21 with 4315 viewsNorthernr

I still can't quite believe this happened in a first world country, and how little has actually been done about it since. It's a national scandal for which hundreds of people and politicians should have lost their jobs and dozens of people should be doing time. The report that came out last week didn't even recommend making it illegal to basically clad tower blocks in kindling because it might distract attention from other issues

Horrible country at the moment.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Grenfell Enquiry on 13:53 - May 21 with 4294 viewsNorthernr

Grenfell Enquiry on 13:41 - May 21 by paulparker

Have they tracked down the fella with the faulty fridge ?

The Mail did actually set off on that one about a week after the fire but I think even they realised that was shithousery of such low order it was too much even for them.
Grenfell Enquiry on 15:52 - May 21 with 4208 viewsJuzzie

[Post edited 21 May 2018 15:53]
Grenfell Enquiry on 15:53 - May 21 with 4203 viewsJuzzie

Grenfell Enquiry on 13:44 - May 21 by Northernr

I still can't quite believe this happened in a first world country, and how little has actually been done about it since. It's a national scandal for which hundreds of people and politicians should have lost their jobs and dozens of people should be doing time. The report that came out last week didn't even recommend making it illegal to basically clad tower blocks in kindling because it might distract attention from other issues

Horrible country at the moment.

For those that watch it, Top Gear often do 'specials' that take up the entire show (sometimes two shows). One year they did a 'can you buy a car cheaper than hiring one' and drive from Florida to New Orleans.
Despite all the usual tom foolery on the way and Clarkson's known views on things, you could see that driving into and through New Orleans he was genuinely moved and completely aghast that a year on from hurricane Katrina that a country as rich & powerful as the US had simply done nothing.

It seems we like to copy everything they do in the US.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 16:14]
Grenfell Enquiry on 16:25 - May 21 with 4138 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grenfell Enquiry on 15:53 - May 21 by Juzzie

For those that watch it, Top Gear often do 'specials' that take up the entire show (sometimes two shows). One year they did a 'can you buy a car cheaper than hiring one' and drive from Florida to New Orleans.
Despite all the usual tom foolery on the way and Clarkson's known views on things, you could see that driving into and through New Orleans he was genuinely moved and completely aghast that a year on from hurricane Katrina that a country as rich & powerful as the US had simply done nothing.

It seems we like to copy everything they do in the US.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 16:14]

Some parts of Puerto Rico, an American territory, still don’t have electricity 8 months after Hurricane Irma.

Cuba, similarly hit and with a lot less resources fixed theirs in 15 days.

Until the rebuilding of Puerto Rico or New Orleans or Flint become exploitable in some way no one in that shithouse US government will do fck all.

Money talks louder than starvation or poisoned water.
Grenfell Enquiry on 17:08 - May 21 with 4072 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grenfell Enquiry on 11:57 - May 21 by robith

K&C (and I think Richmond are bad at this too) are well known for using their larger budgets to move their housing needs residents into lodgings in Hackney & Harringey to get rid of them, and compounding the issue in those boroughs

The ones that got to Hackney are relatively lucky.

Met a chap last month who had been relocated to Manchester (!) but on appeal got settled in Milton Keynes.
Grenfell Enquiry on 17:17 - May 21 with 4053 viewskensalriser

Grenfell Enquiry on 17:08 - May 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

The ones that got to Hackney are relatively lucky.

Met a chap last month who had been relocated to Manchester (!) but on appeal got settled in Milton Keynes.

Is that like appealing a red card and having the ban increased?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Grenfell Enquiry on 23:06 - Jun 27 with 3673 viewsMrgreen201

I have been watching the Grenfell Enquiry daily and I have got to say I thought I was a tough guy but it brings a tear to my eye daily. I realy wamt to see the people involved with the design and refurb gettimg asked questions
Grenfell Enquiry on 12:02 - Jun 30 with 3480 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Absolute contempt:

https://www.independent.co.uk/property/house-and-home/pets/news/fire-safety-meas
Grenfell Enquiry on 13:23 - Jun 30 with 3420 viewsNorthernr

I've been trying to follow this and read as much as I can. It really seems to me like they're trying to stick as much as they can on the bloody fire service.

This building was clad in solidified lighter fuel!
Grenfell Enquiry on 22:15 - Jul 16 with 3191 viewsCiderwithRsie

Grenfell Enquiry on 23:06 - Jun 27 by Mrgreen201

I have been watching the Grenfell Enquiry daily and I have got to say I thought I was a tough guy but it brings a tear to my eye daily. I realy wamt to see the people involved with the design and refurb gettimg asked questions

Time to bump this thread.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/16/grenfell-firefighter-took-imposs

I feel slightly dirty for adding to pages of discussion about Brexit while this stuff comes out in the news on a daily basis and no-one seems to care.
Grenfell Enquiry on 22:56 - Jul 16 with 3116 viewsPeterHucker

A very long and at times distressing read. But seems to me quite a balanced view.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n11/andrew-ohagan/the-tower
Grenfell Enquiry on 08:12 - Jul 17 with 3012 viewsNorthernr

Grenfell Enquiry on 22:56 - Jul 16 by PeterHucker

A very long and at times distressing read. But seems to me quite a balanced view.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n11/andrew-ohagan/the-tower

The first act of that is the most thorough and compelling account of the night, harrowing stuff.

The rest of it is basically an apology for Nick PB and Rock FM at the top of the council because although they oversaw the cladding of a building in solidified petrol they're actually decent people with nice families.

This guy is worth following, has been covering the story for Inside Housing from the start and has done several pieces pointing out the many factual inaccuracies in O'Hagan's piece

https://twitter.com/lukewbarratt

Here's the thread where he summarises the main problems with the piece...

Grenfell Enquiry on 15:05 - Jul 17 with 2877 viewssmegma

This is my mate Eddy. Last time we met was on Holland Park Avenue. He was on his way to RBK&C Town Hall for a meeting with the council regarding the state of Grenfell Tower as a founding member of the Grenfell Action Group. That was in February 2017, four months before Grenfell Tower was put on the map. Eddy is a survivor. I'm proud to have him as a friend.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 15:08]
Grenfell Enquiry on 15:13 - Jul 17 with 2853 viewsRangersw12

Grenfell Enquiry on 15:05 - Jul 17 by smegma

This is my mate Eddy. Last time we met was on Holland Park Avenue. He was on his way to RBK&C Town Hall for a meeting with the council regarding the state of Grenfell Tower as a founding member of the Grenfell Action Group. That was in February 2017, four months before Grenfell Tower was put on the map. Eddy is a survivor. I'm proud to have him as a friend.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 15:08]

He was excellent on the BBC documentary

Forget Trump etc this is what should get people out on the streets , it's a national disgrace
Grenfell Enquiry on 22:43 - Jul 18 with 2663 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grenfell debated at the FBU conference:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024