Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robinson 12:06 - Jun 26 with 13346 viewsMedwayR

Confirmed that he has left

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/jack-robinson-departs/

Poll: Who’s better?

Robinson on 10:40 - Jun 30 with 3373 viewsWatford_Ranger

Robinson on 10:32 - Jun 30 by TW_R

As said on a previous thread, if I had been out on long-term sick leave and my company had supported me throughout (and paid my full wages) I'd be inclined to repay them with some form of loyalty.

The fact it looks like he's going to sign for Forest tells you everything you need to know about him.

I’d have done the same thing in his shoes.

Maybe his loyalty was to Holloway rather than the club.
Robinson on 13:25 - Jun 30 with 3249 viewstoboboly

Thought Forest were in the $hit with ffp? He must just like the wings at Hooters

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Robinson on 13:32 - Jun 30 with 3240 viewsMarc

As said on a previous thread, if I had been out on long-term sick leave and my company had supported me throughout (and paid my full wages) I'd be inclined to repay them with some form of loyalty.

The fact it looks like he's going to sign for Forest tells you everything you need to know about him.

It's not like the club could do any different considering he was under contract. By all accounts they wanted him out last summer so why should he suddenly turn round and show loyalty to the club?
Robinson on 16:24 - Jun 30 with 3128 viewsBucksRanger

Robinson got himself a 2 year deal.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/june/jack-robinson-signs-for-nottin
Robinson on 16:41 - Jun 30 with 3097 viewsQPR_John

Good luck to him we would all do the same and I have no criticism. That being said let's not give him a heros welcome if or when he returns with Forest.
Robinson on 17:41 - Jun 30 with 3011 viewsPunteR

Mercenary. Came to us for the money, gone to forest for the money. Didnt play last few games for us because im assuming he just didnt want to risk injury, or you know he was injured. Again. We wont miss him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Robinson on 17:48 - Jun 30 with 2994 viewsMarc

Robinson on 17:41 - Jun 30 by PunteR

Mercenary. Came to us for the money, gone to forest for the money. Didnt play last few games for us because im assuming he just didnt want to risk injury, or you know he was injured. Again. We wont miss him.

Not sure that's true. He came from Liverpool so it's not like he would've been getting paid peanuts.
Robinson on 17:52 - Jun 30 with 2975 viewsPunteR

Robinson on 17:48 - Jun 30 by Marc

Not sure that's true. He came from Liverpool so it's not like he would've been getting paid peanuts.

More peanuts here..?

Login to get fewer ads

Robinson on 21:25 - Jun 30 with 2819 viewsnottonyfernandes

Yeah it’s not the end of the world. If he went to a prem club or a potential top6 champ club id get it, but this is purely financial.
Can’t bedruge the bloke as you say, we’ve all taken a job that wasn’t right for a bite more money but I’m not as sad about him leaving as I was.
Robinson on 21:34 - Jun 30 with 2798 viewsLythamR

on the plus side i feel our chances of breaking the City Ground curse have suddenly improved
Robinson on 21:51 - Jun 30 with 2767 viewsCamberleyR

Robinson on 17:48 - Jun 30 by Marc

Admittedly coming from Liverpool as a youth teamer/reserve, he wouldn't have been paid peanuts (£15k a week?) but remember he was signed by Redknapp when we were still spending money like it was going out of fashion. At a rough estimate I'd say we doubled his wages if he was one of the highest paid players on the books.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Robinson on 22:23 - Jun 30 with 2688 viewsQPR_John

Robinson on 21:51 - Jun 30 by CamberleyR

Admittedly coming from Liverpool as a youth teamer/reserve, he wouldn't have been paid peanuts (£15k a week?) but remember he was signed by Redknapp when we were still spending money like it was going out of fashion. At a rough estimate I'd say we doubled his wages if he was one of the highest paid players on the books.

So what are Forest paying him
Robinson on 23:39 - Jun 30 with 2628 viewsPunteR

Robinson on 22:23 - Jun 30 by QPR_John

So what are Forest paying him

More than what we're paying him.

Robinson on 02:04 - Jul 1 with 2559 viewsozexile

Not a bad player but nothing amazing. I don't think he moves that well since those injuries either.
We move on.
Robinson on 08:22 - Jul 1 with 2486 viewsderbyhoop

It comes to something when we can't compete, wages wise, with Forest.
Where did they finish in 2017/18?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Robinson on 09:05 - Jul 1 with 2432 viewsDorse

Robinson on 13:25 - Jun 30 by toboboly

Thought Forest were in the $hit with ffp? He must just like the wings at Hooters

'No darling, I only go there for the wings'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Robinson on 09:23 - Jul 1 with 2405 viewsQPR_John

Robinson on 23:39 - Jun 30 by PunteR

Yes I just about worked that out maybe I should have finished the post with a few !!!!!. If we were paying him £30K then Forest must now have a pretty large wage bill. FFP does not seem to worry many now.
Robinson on 10:00 - Jul 1 with 2359 viewsstevec

And he was absolute sh it at their place.

Another of those jack of all trades, master of none, money grabbers. Good riddance.
Robinson on 10:11 - Jul 1 with 2344 viewsQPR_Jim

Robinson on 23:39 - Jun 30 by PunteR

Not necessarily true, they just need to pay more than we are currently offering him which would be much less than what he was on. Given his fitness issues, length of contract could also be a major factor in his thinking. 15k for 2 years in better than 15k for 1 year.
Robinson on 10:12 - Jul 1 with 2342 viewsqprd

I find posts like this so disingenuous

there may be factors at play other than money- hes from Liverpool, so maybe wants to be nearer family. forest have more ambition than we do at the moment, so maybe he wants to go somewhere he has a chance to go up. finally, he's a natural leftback whose been forced to play as a left sided centreback in a back 3... maybe he wants to play his natural position. but lets assume none of these factors are relevant

the sick leave comparison is pretty dumb. you getting sick in your job is totally non comparable b/c its not ordinary course. getting injured as a professional footballer is part and parcel of being a professional athlete. if robinson had a track record of injuries, QPR should have been smarter than to give him a long term contract on such high wages. once he got injured, qpr had no choice but to honour their obligations as a matter of contract law. QPR didn't do anything special for him. they just paid him what he was owed.

if robinson got the ale faurlin treatment, that's different. QPR extended faurlins contract for a year after his third acl injury. in that case, they helped him out after they no longer had a contractual obligation. qpr just gave robbo what he was owed

but finally, its worth pointing out how easy it is to say you would turn away more money. if a competitor organization came in and offered me 10% higher pay, id probably leave. its easy for us all to pretend we'd turn down more money

lets assume that forest is paying robinson 2k more a week. Over 2 years, that's an extra 100k in wages. And in all likelihood, forest is probably paying him much more than that

would you turn that down? you think loyalty to a bunch of fickle fans like you trumps loyalty to the family he can additionally support with more wages?

fans like you reinforce why footballers sadly should not have loyalty to clubs.... robinson, despite his injuries, was a hard working player who was a true professional, tackled hard and accepted playing out of his preferred position. if you think after all those performances, he's a waster bc he signed with forest, you frankly don't deserve loyalty
Robinson on 17:10 - Jul 1 with 2148 viewsPunteR

Robinson on 10:12 - Jul 1 by qprd

I find posts like this so disingenuous

there may be factors at play other than money- hes from Liverpool, so maybe wants to be nearer family. forest have more ambition than we do at the moment, so maybe he wants to go somewhere he has a chance to go up. finally, he's a natural leftback whose been forced to play as a left sided centreback in a back 3... maybe he wants to play his natural position. but lets assume none of these factors are relevant

the sick leave comparison is pretty dumb. you getting sick in your job is totally non comparable b/c its not ordinary course. getting injured as a professional footballer is part and parcel of being a professional athlete. if robinson had a track record of injuries, QPR should have been smarter than to give him a long term contract on such high wages. once he got injured, qpr had no choice but to honour their obligations as a matter of contract law. QPR didn't do anything special for him. they just paid him what he was owed.

if robinson got the ale faurlin treatment, that's different. QPR extended faurlins contract for a year after his third acl injury. in that case, they helped him out after they no longer had a contractual obligation. qpr just gave robbo what he was owed

but finally, its worth pointing out how easy it is to say you would turn away more money. if a competitor organization came in and offered me 10% higher pay, id probably leave. its easy for us all to pretend we'd turn down more money

lets assume that forest is paying robinson 2k more a week. Over 2 years, that's an extra 100k in wages. And in all likelihood, forest is probably paying him much more than that

would you turn that down? you think loyalty to a bunch of fickle fans like you trumps loyalty to the family he can additionally support with more wages?

fans like you reinforce why footballers sadly should not have loyalty to clubs.... robinson, despite his injuries, was a hard working player who was a true professional, tackled hard and accepted playing out of his preferred position. if you think after all those performances, he's a waster bc he signed with forest, you frankly don't deserve loyalty

Bizarre post. Why shouldnt fans expect the same sort of loyalty they give a club.?
You sound like an ex player.
I hate the "you would do the same in his position" argument as its simply not true. Plenty of times ive taken jobs on for less money, sometimes on principle. Dont get me wrong i have gone to other jobs for more money but that itself has come at a cost sometimes.
Every player should be ambitious and want to win trophies etc but i felt Robinson strung the club along a bit towards the end when we've paid him handsomely with very little return. He was hedging his bets towards going to fulham so i doubt he was considering a move back to his family. Is Forrest a step up? Of course not. We've been in the prem twice while Forest have been kicking around the championship. Its purely financial. Thats fine. He could have been a legend here like Faurlin or Hill but chose to bugger off and not make something of himself here. Im glad we didnt meet his financial demands. Does he give a monkeys what i think? No.
Footballers and fans live in different worlds.

Robinson on 17:34 - Jul 1 with 2115 viewsCiderwithRsie

Robinson on 17:10 - Jul 1 by PunteR

Bizarre post. Why shouldnt fans expect the same sort of loyalty they give a club.?
You sound like an ex player.
I hate the "you would do the same in his position" argument as its simply not true. Plenty of times ive taken jobs on for less money, sometimes on principle. Dont get me wrong i have gone to other jobs for more money but that itself has come at a cost sometimes.
Every player should be ambitious and want to win trophies etc but i felt Robinson strung the club along a bit towards the end when we've paid him handsomely with very little return. He was hedging his bets towards going to fulham so i doubt he was considering a move back to his family. Is Forrest a step up? Of course not. We've been in the prem twice while Forest have been kicking around the championship. Its purely financial. Thats fine. He could have been a legend here like Faurlin or Hill but chose to bugger off and not make something of himself here. Im glad we didnt meet his financial demands. Does he give a monkeys what i think? No.
Footballers and fans live in different worlds.

"Why shouldn't fans expect the same sort of loyalty the give a club"? You've answered your own question: "Footballers and fans live in different worlds"

Being a fan is all about loyalty. We get to sing "we're top of the League" when we haven't even kicked a ball. We feel literally sick when "we" get relegated.

Being a professional footballer is about playing football and having a career. It takes skill and total dedication for years starting when you're a kid with the odds stacked against you and the risk (probability) that you've screwed your education and chances of a job if you don't make it (or just get a career ending injury when you're 17). Then you have a period of say 15 years to take advantage and secure yourself and your family, including the parents who did the hard yards when you were a kid; after that, it's over, you're nothing.

It's just crazy to expect the same approach.
Robinson on 17:56 - Jul 1 with 2089 viewsPunteR

Robinson on 17:34 - Jul 1 by CiderwithRsie

"Why shouldn't fans expect the same sort of loyalty the give a club"? You've answered your own question: "Footballers and fans live in different worlds"

Being a fan is all about loyalty. We get to sing "we're top of the League" when we haven't even kicked a ball. We feel literally sick when "we" get relegated.

Being a professional footballer is about playing football and having a career. It takes skill and total dedication for years starting when you're a kid with the odds stacked against you and the risk (probability) that you've screwed your education and chances of a job if you don't make it (or just get a career ending injury when you're 17). Then you have a period of say 15 years to take advantage and secure yourself and your family, including the parents who did the hard yards when you were a kid; after that, it's over, you're nothing.

I think i have havnt i.? I find myself getting less and less interested in football because of the cynical attitude towards the game by those in the game.

Bit over dramatic i know
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 21:09]

Robinson on 10:09 - Jul 2 with 1870 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Robinson on 17:34 - Jul 1 by CiderwithRsie

I agree, footballers and fans do live in very different worlds.

After all, how many fans have 15,000 supporters cheering them on at their place of work?

Being a pro footballer for a club isn't just a normal worker/boss relationship at a job.

Players in it only for the money suck the lifeblood out of a club. We of all fans surely know that... just think of Bosingwa, Samba and co...

Clubs are employers, but is corporate greed and vanity that really all it comes down to these days?

I don't support Tune Group plc, I support Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

I don't cheer on staff of Tune, I cheer QPR players.

If it's all about the money we may as well all become bankers.

"And its Nat West Ba-ank,
Nat West Bank plc.
We're finest institution
The world has ever seen!"

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it somehow...

So, clubs and players, please show some mutual respect and loyalty. It seems at times that only one part of the whole football equation that shows any real loyalty - the fans.
Robinson on 10:12 - Jul 2 with 1862 viewsWestbourneR

This is weird. I thought Forest were broke (even more broke than us) and rubbish. Why would he go there?

It vexes me. I'm very vexed.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024