Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now 11:19 - Jun 30 with 3741 viewsflynnbo

Talking about his upbringing and many references to us
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 12:12 - Jun 30 with 3644 viewsoddball

"well stuart" i take it missing that penalty must have been the most traumatic thing to happen to you during your footballing life"fark off mate supporting QPR, far more traumatic,still give me nightmares.
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 13:25 - Jun 30 with 3528 viewsDorse

No wonder he went psycho.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 13:34 - Jun 30 with 3514 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is/was he definitely Rangers?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 13:41 - Jun 30 with 3498 viewsflynnbo

Said we were his local team and that he had an unsuccessful trial with us-used to play in goal! Talked about having to be extremely wary in the early to mid 70s on the terraces when many a London rival team would be "taking" the Loft, and hiding your colours when on the tube. Recounted half the 75/76 side and Webby was one of his favourites and particularly loved being so physically close to his idols. However, allegedly calling your daughter "Chel***" is unwise (my words not his!). Claims to be a very loyal person.so who knows.
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 13:45 - Jun 30 with 3482 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He was a Willesden lad and QPR fan according to a members of my family.

Also wasn’t his brother NF or something and nearly sank his career because of it?
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 14:03 - Jun 30 with 3437 viewsbosh67

Yes he is a lifelong R. Loved the interview. If he was a better manager...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 14:13 - Jun 30 with 3423 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 13:45 - Jun 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

He was a Willesden lad and QPR fan according to a members of my family.

Also wasn’t his brother NF or something and nearly sank his career because of it?

Well, BNP anyway. Used to be a card-carrying member and ran for office for them.

Pearce himself has form, racially abusing Paul Ince a la John Terry.

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 14:17 - Jun 30 with 3416 viewsted_hendrix

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 13:41 - Jun 30 by flynnbo

Said we were his local team and that he had an unsuccessful trial with us-used to play in goal! Talked about having to be extremely wary in the early to mid 70s on the terraces when many a London rival team would be "taking" the Loft, and hiding your colours when on the tube. Recounted half the 75/76 side and Webby was one of his favourites and particularly loved being so physically close to his idols. However, allegedly calling your daughter "Chel***" is unwise (my words not his!). Claims to be a very loyal person.so who knows.

Met and had a chat with him in Hungerford a few years ago when he dropped his daughter of at the creche which was part of a large leisure centre that we built, lovely bloke to talk too if i'm honest and when I asked him why he never played for us his answer was straight forward (and a bit pointed) "they never wanted me so I moved on".

Meant to tell him that I thought he had quite possibly the biggest bloody thighs in the world of biggest bloody thighs but that would have been a bit odd, not sure if he still lives in Hungerford though I've only seen him in the high street once since.

I believe his brother owns and runs an electrical Company FWIW.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 18:22 - Jun 30 with 3159 viewssmegma

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 13:34 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Is/was he definitely Rangers?

He's definitely a BuzZcocks fan having seen him at 3 of their gigs over the past 30 years. He loves his music and was noted for getting pumped up before England games by playing Stranglers , Lurkers, 999 et al in the dressing room.
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 18:36 - Jun 30 with 3121 viewsBoston

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 14:17 - Jun 30 by ted_hendrix

Met and had a chat with him in Hungerford a few years ago when he dropped his daughter of at the creche which was part of a large leisure centre that we built, lovely bloke to talk too if i'm honest and when I asked him why he never played for us his answer was straight forward (and a bit pointed) "they never wanted me so I moved on".

Meant to tell him that I thought he had quite possibly the biggest bloody thighs in the world of biggest bloody thighs but that would have been a bit odd, not sure if he still lives in Hungerford though I've only seen him in the high street once since.

I believe his brother owns and runs an electrical Company FWIW.

Him and his politically confrontational brother, were both sparkies with the London Borough of Brent.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 20:05 - Jun 30 with 3007 viewsthame_hoops

He lives in bucks close to thame, saw him in costa and tried to talk rangers to him in the queue, he was dismissive, a real let down. He wasn’t with family and I wasn’t “bothering” him
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 20:06 - Jun 30 with 3006 viewsdezzar

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 12:12 - Jun 30 by oddball

"well stuart" i take it missing that penalty must have been the most traumatic thing to happen to you during your footballing life"fark off mate supporting QPR, far more traumatic,still give me nightmares.

Him and Southgate doing the pizza advert about missing penalties spoilt him for me , hope the money went to charity
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 21:15 - Jun 30 with 2934 viewsPinnerR

The wife of a former colleague (how's that for connections and ITK) talks of how she tried to teach him English in Year 10 at Claremont High School in Kenton, but obviously failed.
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 22:20 - Jun 30 with 2832 viewswestberksr

Listened to bits of the interview today and he came across as such a genuine bloke.

Sat next to him at a racing dinner years ago when he was U21 manager and was asking me about Dexter & Mancienne (possibly another player involved at the time too); was really good company and very down to earth. Told me the same thing about QPR not wanting him as he told Ted.

Think he moved out of Hungerford post divorce a few years ago.
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 22:24 - Jun 30 with 2826 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 21:15 - Jun 30 by PinnerR

The wife of a former colleague (how's that for connections and ITK) talks of how she tried to teach him English in Year 10 at Claremont High School in Kenton, but obviously failed.

Claremont? I went to St. Greg's for a few years, which was next door and the focus of their ire when it came to big punch-ups in the park.

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 22:59 - Jun 30 with 2778 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 22:24 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Claremont? I went to St. Greg's for a few years, which was next door and the focus of their ire when it came to big punch-ups in the park.

To think, you got slapped by Stuart Peace!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 23:32 - Jun 30 with 2734 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I met him once at a Palace sporting dinner (the company I work for sponsors them sometimes so I often go)
This was the week before the playoff final and someone asked him who he thought would win. "Derby" he said. "Which is the wrong answer" I said. He came over and said "you a QPR fan then"? We then had a really good chat for ages as we were similar ages and were talking about both listening to that sad night when Liverpool beat Wolves when we nearly won the league. He definitely gave me the impression he was QPR. I can tell you it made my night!
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 08:51 - Jul 1 with 2551 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 22:59 - Jun 30 by PlanetHonneywood

To think, you got slapped by Stuart Peace!

Jesus, I never had any part of that lark. I had just arrived from Ireland and went to the sixth form in St. Greg's. On my first day I was ambling back from lunch through the park ad I got shouted at by Miss Elsey, the headmistress - "You! Irishman! Stand there!" pointing to a spot that (I couldn't help but notice) was directly between two gangs of about a hundred each who were squaring up against each other.

"F*ck that, Miss", I said, remembering my manners, and strolled off.

I don't think she ever spoke to me again.

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 14:23 - Jul 1 with 2347 viewsPinnerR

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 08:51 - Jul 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus, I never had any part of that lark. I had just arrived from Ireland and went to the sixth form in St. Greg's. On my first day I was ambling back from lunch through the park ad I got shouted at by Miss Elsey, the headmistress - "You! Irishman! Stand there!" pointing to a spot that (I couldn't help but notice) was directly between two gangs of about a hundred each who were squaring up against each other.

I taught at Kingsbury High School, and we looked down our noses at Claremont and St. Greg's.

Times have changed now.
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 15:09 - Jul 1 with 2314 viewshantssi

He went to Fryany Primary School in Church Lane was a year below me.
As far as I’m aware his mum still lives in the road opposite The George.
Went to Preston Manor, ALWAYS used to fight with Kingsbury High after our swimming gala at Kingsbury lido, now sadly gone.
Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 16:39 - Jul 1 with 2246 viewsBoston

Stuart Pearce on Radio 5 now on 08:51 - Jul 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Think that 'square up' occurred weekly.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024