Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belgian bottlers 20:57 - Jul 10 with 4027 viewssmegma

Again. With that talent they should be winning trophies.
Belgian bottlers on 09:34 - Jul 11 with 1041 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Belgian bottlers on 08:29 - Jul 11 by paulparker

Am I the only one on the planet who think France are bang average and been bar Argentina very , very boring ?
if and a big if we get through I actually think we will turn them over

It doesn't matter. They're in the final. In 1998 they won their first two group games easily against Saudi Arabia and South Africa. After that it was narrow wins all the way to the final, which they of course won.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Belgian bottlers on 09:38 - Jul 11 with 1032 viewsElHoop

Belgian bottlers on 09:29 - Jul 11 by stevec

Tottenham players I'm afraid.

Good for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place but....

I don't think that West Ham won the league in the 1960s either did they?
Belgian bottlers on 09:40 - Jul 11 with 1026 views00calben

Am I the only one on the planet who think France are bang average and been bar Argentina very , very boring ?

Agree they don't 'look' that good. But they are so well organised, excellent defensively, & manage games perfectly.

I think they're a really hard side to beat.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:44 - Jul 11 with 1018 viewsrobith

Belgian bottlers on 09:11 - Jul 11 by CamberleyR

This 100%

Take his performance against the top 6 teams in the Premier League last season. 1 goal in 9 games. If you look a bit deeper he's been like that his whole career.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 9:23]

my internet crashed and left a blank post. Now i can't remember what was in it
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 9:45]
Belgian bottlers on 09:56 - Jul 11 with 1005 viewsdanehoop

Belgian bottlers on 09:26 - Jul 11 by rsonist

They control games calmly and win without having to stretch themselves, I wouldn't say that was bang average. No one else in the tournament would have coped with Belgium they way they did early on. From an entertainment perspective you can say they haven't reached their full potential sure but if they win it what do they care.

Compared to previous competitions this group seems to have matured and know how to shift through gears better without getting frustrated. They probably wouldn't lose the 2016 final now the way they did.

Not saying they're completely unbeatable though. We'll have to step up a notch to beat Croatia, and again to compete with these - but growing game to game is the story of this team.

I think this is spot on.

France played to a game plan which effectively stifled Belgium. They were disciplined, kept shape and had sufficient skill and pace to exploit mistakes. They are in the final on merit and should be favourites given the quality they have through the squad.

We on the other hand must step to play Croatia. They are a skillful and physically strong side who have played extremely well to get this far. Their defensive unit is extremely strong and pacy, their midfield has two outstanding players and they can score up front. We will need to be alert, disciplined and play to a high tempo to get past them. My only concern with the English defence is that despite there obvious strengths, there is always a mistake or two from them in the game (largely due to inexperience). Probably most important thing is for the team to try and keep cool heads as the Croatians may look to provoke players.

Never knowingly understood

Belgian bottlers on 10:07 - Jul 11 with 994 viewssuperstan

Belgian bottlers on 08:14 - Jul 11 by Rangersw12

That's Lukaku in a nutshell , he's a flat track bully and goes missng in the big games

Lukaku is an overhyped Benteke!
Belgian bottlers on 10:26 - Jul 11 with 961 viewsingeminate

Belgian bottlers on 09:56 - Jul 11 by danehoop

I think this is spot on.

France played to a game plan which effectively stifled Belgium. They were disciplined, kept shape and had sufficient skill and pace to exploit mistakes. They are in the final on merit and should be favourites given the quality they have through the squad.

We on the other hand must step to play Croatia. They are a skillful and physically strong side who have played extremely well to get this far. Their defensive unit is extremely strong and pacy, their midfield has two outstanding players and they can score up front. We will need to be alert, disciplined and play to a high tempo to get past them. My only concern with the English defence is that despite there obvious strengths, there is always a mistake or two from them in the game (largely due to inexperience). Probably most important thing is for the team to try and keep cool heads as the Croatians may look to provoke players.

They have played extremely well in small doses.
Against Denmark and Russia they were pretty average.
That said it may be that against a team that comes out to play and gives them more space we'll see the best of them.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Belgian bottlers on 11:01 - Jul 11 with 908 viewsfrancisbowles

Slightly unfortunate on the night that some of their bigger players didn't play to their usual level. Their defence couldn't cope with the pace of Mbapia.

If we make it through, we will have similar problems and we may have to change shape to get a marker on him.
Login to get fewer ads

Belgian bottlers on 11:26 - Jul 11 with 886 viewskensalriser

Who's been better than France in this tournament?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Belgian bottlers on 12:34 - Jul 11 with 840 viewsRangersw12

Belgian bottlers on 11:26 - Jul 11 by kensalriser

Who's been better than France in this tournament?

England
Belgian bottlers on 12:50 - Jul 11 with 814 viewskensalriser

Belgian bottlers on 12:34 - Jul 11 by Rangersw12

England

Yeah not that you're biased!

Sadly not true. France have a better record than England and have beaten stronger teams, including the team that beat England.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Belgian bottlers on 13:18 - Jul 11 with 768 viewsCamberleyR

France in this tournament have risen without a trace.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Belgian bottlers on 15:26 - Jul 11 with 695 viewsTacticalR

They have a certain je ne sais quoi.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024