Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on then, where will we finish this season? 11:51 - Jul 24 with 11320 viewsSnipper

I’m worried about our defence, but if we can add Trent Sainsbury, and Kakay can step into Furlong’s right back position, I think we’ll finish 8th-10th.

I’m excited about the youngsters we have, and if anybody can improve them and get them playing well, it’s McLaren.

We’re going to need a lot of luck with injuries and suspensions though. Fingers crossed.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:20 - Jul 24 with 1796 viewsloftus77

23rd
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:32 - Jul 24 with 1761 viewsdaveB

Similar to last season around 15th/16th but a big season for the club and one where we should be looking to improve on what was a decent season last year in terms of team development.

I have a feeling Fernandes feels this is a side that can challenge for the top 6 so I fear a bit for McClaren as I can't see him getting anywhere near that
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:42 - Jul 24 with 1750 viewsessextaxiboy

Mclaren was brought in to "take us to the next level" . According to him this squad is good enough to make mid table. Big fckin deal ! .. thats just 4 point more than we gained last season .
A bare minimum is top 10 IMO and I am being generous with that.

I have a problem in that having a policy of supporting our manager whoever he is ( for too long with some) I now find I have to do the same with Mclaren after spending the last 10 years thinking he is a complete t'sser .

I think he kept us waiting to see whether he had a chance at West ham or Everton and with a reasonable start will leave for a Prem job at the first opportunity .
If he starts poorly he will be sacked by Fernandes which is not a new experience for either of them .
His appointment photos told the story IMO ,you would have thought he had lost his job not just got one.
I hope I am pleasantly surprised and he changes my mind
10th ...Minimum
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:49 - Jul 24 with 1731 viewsMytch_QPR

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:32 - Jul 24 by daveB

Similar to last season around 15th/16th but a big season for the club and one where we should be looking to improve on what was a decent season last year in terms of team development.

I have a feeling Fernandes feels this is a side that can challenge for the top 6 so I fear a bit for McClaren as I can't see him getting anywhere near that

I doubt that as in his initial press conference I recall that Schteve stated that we were a long way from challenging for promotion.
I think, and hope, that Evil Les and Lee Hoos have advised TF to be realistic with expectations.
I suppose we'll have to see what crops up on the twitter once the season starts to see if there is still an element of delusion.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 1720 views08olesen

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 14:20 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

Reece Oxford? Phil f'n Foden?
Let's see if we can tempt Mbappe to sign as well shall we?
This is half the problem the club faces. Stevec demanding a striker. People who apparently think we could afford to loan Phil Foden, or even that he'd consider coming to us when he was regularly in the squad and getting minutes towards the end of last season, learning from Pep bloody Guardiola.
Sorry mate, I don't mean to have a go, but best case is we get whoever is Wolves third choice RB for a month or two. Anything else is pie in the sky, whether that's a sad indictment on today's game or not.

Sorry mate, couldnt disagree more. Reece Oxford played a combined total of 12 games for Reading and Borrusia Monchengladbach last season, so he clearly needs to go somewhere and play some games. Same with Phil Foden who made 5 appearances mainly from the bench. Its not even about these lads in particular, but the idea that they are above the Championship is ridiculous and exactly why we have a lack of English players coming through. As for the money, the parent club pays most of the wage anyway, just like we would have done for Lumley, Eze or whoever it is.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:00 - Jul 24 with 1704 viewsStanisgod

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 14:24 - Jul 24 by BerkoRanger

Top 6 - seriously. Positive I've been for years.

Do they do that stuff on litre bottles?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:29 - Jul 24 with 1659 viewsAntti_Heinola

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:42 - Jul 24 by essextaxiboy

Mclaren was brought in to "take us to the next level" . According to him this squad is good enough to make mid table. Big fckin deal ! .. thats just 4 point more than we gained last season .
A bare minimum is top 10 IMO and I am being generous with that.

I have a problem in that having a policy of supporting our manager whoever he is ( for too long with some) I now find I have to do the same with Mclaren after spending the last 10 years thinking he is a complete t'sser .

I think he kept us waiting to see whether he had a chance at West ham or Everton and with a reasonable start will leave for a Prem job at the first opportunity .
If he starts poorly he will be sacked by Fernandes which is not a new experience for either of them .
His appointment photos told the story IMO ,you would have thought he had lost his job not just got one.
I hope I am pleasantly surprised and he changes my mind
10th ...Minimum

Astonishing post coming from the man who supported Redknapp almost as long as Sandra has.

Bare bones.

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:34 - Jul 24 with 1649 viewsGroveR

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 17:52 - Jul 24 by 08olesen

Sorry mate, couldnt disagree more. Reece Oxford played a combined total of 12 games for Reading and Borrusia Monchengladbach last season, so he clearly needs to go somewhere and play some games. Same with Phil Foden who made 5 appearances mainly from the bench. Its not even about these lads in particular, but the idea that they are above the Championship is ridiculous and exactly why we have a lack of English players coming through. As for the money, the parent club pays most of the wage anyway, just like we would have done for Lumley, Eze or whoever it is.

The lending club pays the majority of the wages when Harry is managing the lending club - https://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/redknapp-shaun-wright-phillips-refusing-to-le

The borrowing club pays the majority of the wages when Harry is managing the borrowing club - https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fascinating-harry-

Simple Redknappnomics
Login to get fewer ads

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:46 - Jul 24 with 1617 viewsHunterhoop

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:29 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

Astonishing post coming from the man who supported Redknapp almost as long as Sandra has.

In the same vein as T2TB has gone from “you must support the Holloway and the team at all costs or you’re not a proper fan” to, now Holloway isn’t in charge, predicting relegation (possibly wanting it?) and taking every opportunity he can to slate McClaren and the club.

It’s almost like some people would rather be proved right than the club do well. Me, i’m giving my full support for the whole season o McClaren. Just like I did with Ramsey, JFH, and Holloway....because I support QPR. After a year in, we’ll all be better places to judge their performance and whether we think they should stay or go. Not now or in 3 months. Up until then, let’s support them.

Glass certainly half full on QPR at the moment.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:47 - Jul 24 with 1620 viewsAntti_Heinola

'As for the money, the parent club pays most of the wage anyway, just like we would have done for Lumley, Eze or whoever it is.'

Prem clubs are literally demanding fees over and above £1m just to loan players for a year - it's nowhere near comparable to what we do. The whole reason Chelsea have 400 players on their books is because they're charging loan fees and making huge profits on them before selling them at another profit - it's part of their strategy. If you think City will loan us Foden, or another club will loan a player of similar quality for £4k a week or something that's in our ball park, you're miles off. I'm not denying the players you mention need 'minutes' and games as they say, and you're not wrong to be annoyed that they might think Champ football is beneath them. But that's the reality. Les said it last summer - we wanted some loan signings, but were quoted mental fees. The days of big clubs benevolently paying a load of wages and not demanding loan fees for their highly rated youngsters are long gone. Don't get me wrong. I'd love a good young player to come to us for a year and do spectacularly well, i just doubt it'll happen - also because we have our own youngsters and are more in the market for a bit more experience.

Bare bones.

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 19:00 - Jul 24 with 1594 viewsterryb

If I recall correctly, Rhodes has gone on loan to Norwich & they have to pay a loan fee of over £1 million & weekly wages of £40k.

If Sheffield Wednesday can charge that, why would PL clubs not do so?
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 19:14 - Jul 24 with 1573 viewsfrancisbowles

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

Plenty of attacking talent that showed itself towards the end of last season.

Defence is weak and slow in the centre whilst the injury to Furs has exacerbated that but we will just have to defend deeper. Scowen and Cousins/Luongo (or whoever plays next to him) will have to scamper around and provide extra cover.

I have it on good authority that 10th is the target and hope that they can bring in one or two before the season starts.

If we don't get anymore in we may have to be happy with top half.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 19:16 - Jul 24 with 1565 viewskensalriser

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 16:03 - Jul 24 by hoopdog

I don't think so mate Walker couldn't have any older when he came to us on loan , Kakay might surprise us ! Just a word of caution tho some bookies have us as low as 4/1 to be religated
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 16:08]

Not really a fair comparison, is it? Walker was already a Spurs player and played half a season as first choice full back for Sheff Utd when we got him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 19:29 - Jul 24 with 1535 viewshoopdog

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 19:16 - Jul 24 by kensalriser

Not really a fair comparison, is it? Walker was already a Spurs player and played half a season as first choice full back for Sheff Utd when we got him.

That's the point Keny , Walker was doing it at competitive levels at similar ages to Kakay with a bit luck he could be the gem we've been hoping will come through
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 19:51 - Jul 24 with 1510 viewsWestonsuperR

I’ll go with 18th, can’t see us doing much this season.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 1482 viewscorse

Propably gettin relegated.
I think this team is far too light at defence and lacks seriously that hard experience you need to keep clean sheets. And with those three marx brothers being our attacking force we dont have change.
Tony will show the door to mclaren before christmas.
But if we add some attackin force and experienced right back and centre back we might end lower mid table. Whom they be i dont know but im pretty sure we are doooomed....
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 20:20 - Jul 24 with 1472 views2Thomas2Bowles

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 20:11 - Jul 24 by corse

Propably gettin relegated.
I think this team is far too light at defence and lacks seriously that hard experience you need to keep clean sheets. And with those three marx brothers being our attacking force we dont have change.
Tony will show the door to mclaren before christmas.
But if we add some attackin force and experienced right back and centre back we might end lower mid table. Whom they be i dont know but im pretty sure we are doooomed....

Here you go Hunterhoop someone else to sink your gums into you must be getting skinny trying to chew me out
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 20:22]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 1450 viewslondonscottish

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:46 - Jul 24 by Hunterhoop

In the same vein as T2TB has gone from “you must support the Holloway and the team at all costs or you’re not a proper fan” to, now Holloway isn’t in charge, predicting relegation (possibly wanting it?) and taking every opportunity he can to slate McClaren and the club.

It’s almost like some people would rather be proved right than the club do well. Me, i’m giving my full support for the whole season o McClaren. Just like I did with Ramsey, JFH, and Holloway....because I support QPR. After a year in, we’ll all be better places to judge their performance and whether we think they should stay or go. Not now or in 3 months. Up until then, let’s support them.

That's how I see it. I'm just looking forward to going to a bunch of games with my mates and my kids. I'm not paying the bills so a bit of good football and anything 14th or higher and I'll be happy. 8th and I'll get a nosebleed.

UUUUUURRRRRRRRssssssss!

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 1422 viewsDejR_vu

I fear the decision to sell Smithies for such a derisory sum will prove to be the next in a long line of calamitous decisions made by our calamitous owners/board. He was worth 8-10 points a season which could prove very costly. We look significantly weaker in the goalkeeper department and weaker in front of him unless we can strengthen before the window closes, which looks a big ask when we've got peanuts to spend. On the plus side I think we've got a better manager so depends if that turns out to be true and whether any improvement is enough to offset the weakening on the playing side. The young players could go either way, hopefully will kick on, but could have a Manning type difficult second season. Hope I'm wrong, of course, but I have absolutely no faith in a bunch if owners who have got pretty much everything wrong, so fear the worst and take anything else as a bonus.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 21:03 - Jul 24 with 1398 viewsessextaxiboy

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:46 - Jul 24 by Hunterhoop

What a patronising flat wrong post.

Maybe you can point to the post where I say to anybody anywhere at any time that they are not a proper fan ??
In fact its you that use that in your "just like I did with Ramsey etc"because.(pause for effect )... I support QPR.

Maybe you can point to a post where I predict relegation(ever in any year)let alone possibly want it ??

Maybe you can point to a post where anybody else (other than Clive who does) has held their hands up and admitted they got something wrong as I do in every manager thread regarding Redknapp.

I didnt have to post that I have never rated Mclaren , I could have just put ..10th , but it would have been hypocritical to do so .

2t2b and I feel the same way about Holloway , IMO he was treated shamefully but that not Mclarens fault

Edit

Just seen your prediction is 12th , thats worse than mine (pause for effect) .....isnt it?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:16]
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 21:05 - Jul 24 with 1396 viewsessextaxiboy

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 18:29 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

and acknowledged in every single post and thread concerning the Manager that I have contributed to since .
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 1374 viewskropotkin41

9/2 on Skybet to go down!

Mind you on Oddschecker we're not even on the list!!

Well looking through the odds has really cheered me the f*ck up .........

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 21:22 - Jul 24 with 1363 viewsElHoop

Well the betting market suggests that we'll struggle but that Ipswich will be relegated: https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner

That can't be the Ipswich team which finished 12th then. If they go down then so do we!

I didn't see much of us last season but apart from at Reading we didn't lose when I did go. At the start of the season we were extremely dull though, even when we won. By the end of the season we were moving the ball around very well - closing them down, winning the ball and retaining possession like I'd not seen us do for a long time. I can see no reason why we shouldn't continue to do that next season, if the understanding is still there and tactics are broadly similar in terms of a passing game.

We'll miss Smithies but in terms of our overall style I think that we'll miss Furlong more. He was very impressive at the back-end. We didn't defend particularly well all season so I'm not sure that we're going too far backwards in that respect, if we find a couple more central defenders. We lack height in the squad and that would be a worry if we suffer too many injuries at the back. Up front, there was some young talent coming through - Osayi-Samuel looks a definite possible star if he gets going early in the season. Smyth is another with great promise.

If we'd played all season in the same way that we finished it, then we'd have been mid table or slightly higher. And it would have been fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the new season - it will be interesting.

In answer to the question, much depends on whether we get a few more into the squad, where we need them, but I'll say 10th on the basis that we start in the style in which we finished last season, rather than how we started it.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 21:37 - Jul 24 with 1347 viewsLongsufferingR

Where will we finish this season?

We already know don't we?

Hillsborough.
Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 23:40 - Jul 24 with 1239 viewsHunterhoop

Come on then, where will we finish this season? on 21:03 - Jul 24 by essextaxiboy

What a patronising flat wrong post.

Maybe you can point to the post where I say to anybody anywhere at any time that they are not a proper fan ??
In fact its you that use that in your "just like I did with Ramsey etc"because.(pause for effect )... I support QPR.

Maybe you can point to a post where I predict relegation(ever in any year)let alone possibly want it ??

Maybe you can point to a post where anybody else (other than Clive who does) has held their hands up and admitted they got something wrong as I do in every manager thread regarding Redknapp.

I didnt have to post that I have never rated Mclaren , I could have just put ..10th , but it would have been hypocritical to do so .

2t2b and I feel the same way about Holloway , IMO he was treated shamefully but that not Mclarens fault

Edit

Just seen your prediction is 12th , thats worse than mine (pause for effect) .....isnt it?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 21:16]

Err...whoah there. Read it again. I was agreeing with Antti (i’m Allowed to), and then making a point about T2TB....(pause for dramatic effect), which isn’t you is it!! The whole thing wasn’t aimed at you.

I still think your post is remarkable given how long you backed everyone before; this is a big change away from supporting regardless, as you did before. But the whole post was about someone else. So chill. It wasn’t flat wrong. It was my opinion, and you clearly misread it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024